[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think Ang Lee's Hulk is underrated as hell because it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: hulk.jpg (31KB, 409x575px) Image search: [Google]
hulk.jpg
31KB, 409x575px
I think Ang Lee's Hulk is underrated as hell because it's got some psychological underpinnings the MCU has barely acknowledged.
>>
it's really the only choice of Hulk movies amongst intellectuals like us

plug Ed Norton in as Banner and it would've won Best Picture
>>
>>86057771
Don't make me Ang Lee. You wouldn't like me when I'm Ang Lee
>>
>>86057771
Even the poster is capekino.
>>
File: hulk introspect.png (309KB, 854x430px) Image search: [Google]
hulk introspect.png
309KB, 854x430px
I rewatched it the other day and was surprised at how deep it actually was.
>>
>>86057771

Ang Lee is honestly an artist. Just hands down an artist. This movie is certainly really slow and gets bogged down in the sci-fi aspects of it, I still think is an amazing movie. If you love the hulk you probably hate it. It is a great subversion of the hulk. It looks deep into emotions and Hulk is a character tied to his emotions. It's really much better than it should have been. The hulk fights are actually pretty well done too. Its amazing to me universal released the movie as is. I think its great, but you'd think with trying to make a big blockbuster hulk movie they'd have demanded cuts and stream-ling it to get the action faster.
>>
>no cronenberg body horror hulk
>>
>>86057771
Watched it for the first time in years this summer. The editing really did it for me. It was before comic book movies saturated the industry, so films like Hulk and Sin City were highly stylized to appeal to comic book fans, not the masses.
>>
>>86057771
Ang Lee Hulk actually captured the tortured Bruce Banner of the 80s that lead to Planet Hulk.

Bruce's anger was born out of his shitbag father. This was the best Hulk film to date.
>>
>>86057771
>MCU
it's not part of Universe.

Ang Lee is a hack btw
>>
>>86058951
>the picture in picture reminiscent of comic panels in transition shots and when they're showing two things going on at the same time

It's the only comic movie I think where that happens.
>>
File: jXK6kPF.gif (2MB, 244x148px) Image search: [Google]
jXK6kPF.gif
2MB, 244x148px
>>86059211
>Ang Lee is a hack btw
the current MCU on screen is all hack

Banner, Stark, Thor, Spiderman, Fury, Hawkeye all have the exact same quipping personality. Nothing sets them apart from one another
>>
>>86058951
>Saw the thumb and thought he was just staring at a plain
>Enlarged it and found he is actually staring at a suburb

It's an allusion to the Gulf Wars
>>
So you deep patricians like the split screen layout mimicking comic panels?
>>
File: Draft_Day_Screenshot_2.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Draft_Day_Screenshot_2.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
>>86059465
>So you deep patricians like the split screen layout mimicking comic panels?
OMG IT CANNOT WORK IN A MOVIE!!!!
>>
I hate people saying this movie underrated or something
It and Ang Lee got what they deserved.

Underwhelming villain and henchmen
Gay father-son conflict
Gay merge ending
White blond male being a bully
Annoying as fuck comical style when killing the bully
>>
File: BrianBanner.jpg (19KB, 249x155px) Image search: [Google]
BrianBanner.jpg
19KB, 249x155px
>>86060532
>Gay father-son conflict
>>
>>
>>86057771
I still really enjoy this a lot. One of the first superhero movies I ever saw. It resembles nothing of what the MCU movies are like, that's what makes it so good. It has the best looking Hulk, best Bruce Banner, and it has mother fucking Sam Elliott. What's not to love?
>>
>>86057771
it's best hulk movie but 15 min too long
>>
>>86060994
https://youtu.be/DIGGyidGagA?t=1m54s
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.