[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how could the pickle rick episode have been rewritten to be good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 3

how could the pickle rick episode have been rewritten to be good? be specific and as detailed as you can
>>
>>86056190
more pickle rick
>>
Less rats getting eviscerated.

That shit was legit disgusting.
>>
>>86056190
it could have been thing i liek instead of thing i don liek
>>
Take everything involving pickle rick out and leave the therapy.
It would have been more effective if rick sparred with the therapist all episode only to get btfo at the end like that.

I didn't hate it though. I'm glad the audience is being directed to turn on the mom though. She's as big of a problem as rick is for this family's stability.
Maybe jerry will be vindicated before the end.
>>
>>86056190

Replace therapy with something else entirely.
>>
show on camera pickle ricker going into vagine
>>
>>86056190
Tiny Rick. This was just Tiny Rick but with a pickle instead.
>>
It's tough to figure out desu. The only reason the subplot works at all is because it's interspersed with the High octane main plot of Pickle Rick. So even though the counseling had more jokes and was more effective it has to stay as the subplot punctusting the main one. This also means you can't slow down the Pickle Rick plot. The only thing I can think of is adding a character for Rick to play off of rather than it just being him. Rick works best bouncing off of others so when a large portion of his scenes are just action stuff with no real intellectual back and forth it just becomes Rick spouting one liners about how great he is. Just doesn't work.
>>
>>86056555
how about pjckel morty

I'M PICKLE MORTY AHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>86056240
I wish they'd cut the ultraviolence out of the show, it's never that funny and always feels like padding
>>
>>86056190
there is no interesting reaon to make your self a pickle or be made into a pickle by either an enemy or friend.

this could have been an amazing end to R&M though where morty finds pickle rick but its the last straw. rick trys to invite him on an adventure but morty cant be fucked. he's his own man now so he picks up rick removes his mouth and puts him in a drawer and walks away.
>>
Rick is a helpless pickle. He uses his genius intellect to survive. The entire episode is that.
>>
>>86056637

Honestly Cucumber Morty that they keep advertising for that app could have worked. Some kind of joke about keeping him from pickling the whole time or some other dumb thing.
>>
>>86056388
>Maybe jerry will be vindicated before the end
anyone notice how much like Jerry Morty is? I noticed the way he was talking in the bathroom in the very first scene all worried and shit and realized he sounds just like his dad
>>
Make Pickle Rick a permanent character
>>
>>86056666
checked
>>
Fuck off reddit faggot fuck nigger cunt
>>
The sequential family plot is getting a little to ingrained. This show only worked well because it didn't take itself too seriously and didn't get up it's own ass by obsessing over its characters. Thats reddits job
>>
Show pusy
>>
PICKLE RICK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT
>>
Why don't they just go back to wacky adventures on different planets with Rick and Morty. I don't care about the intergalactic federation, or the divorce just show fun alien planets and sci-fi scenarios.
>>
>>86056190
They set out to make an intentionally unfunny and simplistic episode to make fun of the internet community surrounding the show. The first 10 minutes was entirely "dude I'm a pickle lmao." It was brilliant satire.
>>
PUT PICKEL IN PUSY BOSS
>>
>>86056190
Go datamine somewhere else you fucking shill.
>>
>>86057415
how does that make fun of the internet community? that makes no sense
>>
>>86056190
Hey guys I don't watch Reddit and Morty, but what is up with this pickle meme?
>>
>>86057415
>h-heh we're only pretending to make bad television
>>
For a board that hates /reddit/ and Rick & Morty so much, you fags certainly do talk about it enough.
>>
>>86056240
You gigantic pussy faggot, that was literally the best part of the episode. The entire thing should have been a wacky zany adventure as a pickle. It immediately went to shit when he got to wherever he was fighting Jaguar at (although the first aid with the discarded pickle from the hamburger was mildly clever) and got even worse when they tied it into the family therapy. I don't mind that he turned himself into a pickle, it's just that they didn't give him a compelling reason and ran out of ideas after the rat fight.
>>
>>86056240
>>86056658
>Actual pussies
Also that scene where he went ape-shit on the rats lasted a minute maybe at most. No but seriously, do people actually get squeamish over CARTOON GORE LOL
>>
>>86057527
PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
>>86057571
Pickle Rick is /ourguy/ faggot. Rick and Morty is rebbit.
>>
>>86057635
what
>>
>>86057586
Hows being fifteen treating you?
>>
>>86057687
SORRY FOR PICKLE RICKING
>>
>>86057527
He's a pickle
>>
>>86057586
>he can't go to therapy because he's got himself into a pickle

I mean, did nobody realize it was set up for that? I'm not saying it's clever but that was clearly the intention.
>>
>>86057701
huh ?
>>
>>86056190
Pickle Rick should have partied in the house and had a good time.
>>
>>86057713
And...?
>>
>>86057571
They're shills.
>>
>>86057623
>do people actually get squeamish over CARTOON GORE LOL

I used to for a really long time. im 24 now and not so much.
>>
>>86057779
HE TURNED HIMSELF INTO A PICKLE! ITS PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIICK!
>>
>>86057825
hmmmm...?
>>
>>86057822
I could totally understand some real gore. Or like some fake movie gore or something. Hell I can't take ER Shows and stuff like that. But it's literally rats getting torn to shreds in a CARTOON
>>
>>86057896
You must really hate Super Jail or Metalocalypse then
>>
>>86057928
I don't have an issue if it's in a cartoon maguy
>>
>>86056190
The divorce made Beth lonely and after few glasses of wine she gets desperately horny. She goes to the garage and sees a pickle, reminding her of Jerry's cock and how he screwed her the first time when they moved in. She sticks it in, "No, Beth! I just used the serum, wubba lubba dub dub", but it's too late. To be continued.
>>
>>86057694
How is sucking cock for a living treating you?

>>86057728
Of course it was set up. That's obvious. It's just that this family redemption arc they are trying to set up is already turning to dogshit. The show works best when it's crazy wacky adventures and falls flat when it starts dealing with the dysfunctional family aspects.
>>
>>86056190

What's the joke? That he turned himself into a pickle? That's not a joke.
>>
>>86057571
Swaglord is being paid
These are all bot threads
>>
5 minutes of Pickle Rick monologuing to himself after the family leaves.

17 minutes of silence until they get back because he's a fucking pickle.
>>
>>86058077
The joke is he did it to avoid having to go to therapy.
>>
>>86056240
The violence seems out of place, especially when they obviously want to make the show mainstream with connections to Mcdonalds and such.
>>
>>86057623
I don't get squeamish I just think it's fucking cringy because ultraviolence isn't realistic enough to be gross and is pandering to redditors who want to circlejerk about how wacky and hardcore they are aka (You).
>>
i think it's fine as is

breddy gud episode 5/5
>>
>>86056190
Cut everything to do with Pickle Rick after the sewer. Replace with Rick trying to surreptitiously recover the serum from Beth's purse.

He repeatedly fails and settles for "showing up" to therapy as a pickle. Have the therapist get him to confess to trying to avoid therapy.

Cut expository, self-insert monologue from therapist.

Cut overwrought character moment in the car ride home.

There, episode saved.
>>
>>86056240
but, In context, it was the best part of the episode.
>>
>>86056190

A very simple change would have been to focus the entire episode on Rick. And at the end when hes all bruised and beaten he steps into the psychiatrist office, she tries to tell him off and he just says "fuck you, im a pickle" and takes the serum and leaves.

The main issue with this episode was that it had no jokes other than "im a pickle" it wasnt funny.

The show is called Rick and MORTY. And instead of being a rick/Morty, Rick/Summer, Rick/Jerry or even a Rick/Beth episode. It was a Rick/AsianWriterSelfInsert episode.
Ive seen an argument that this was a Rick/Beth episode but the psychiatrist did most of the talking and Beth didnt have her classic mannerisms of being insecure around Rick or her alcoholism.

Morty and Summer were pushed into the background and Jerry wasnt even in it.

So really this episode had to be carried by Rick, who was a pickle, without his portal gun or space tech. And the Psychiatrist analyzing beth and showing how oh-so-smart she is

Would have liked to see Morty and Summers issues expanded upon. How Morty got raped on an adventure, how he had to watch everyone of his friends die in Cronenberg universe. How Summer became an insane killer in post-apocalyptic world.

Or hell whatever is wrong with Jerry.
No this was about showing how smart the writer is and how she has psychoanalyzed Rick and puts Beth on the spot without actually moving the plot or the characters along.

Bad episode.. no rewatchability due to shitty writing.
>>
>>86058462

this
>>
>>86058462
No episode of rick and morty has rewatchabilty. They only thing keeping it afloat is the what's gonna happen next factor.
>>
>>86058462
someone could stitch it together where it cuts out everything except pickle rick.
Then at the end when he's in the therapy room you include the quick sentence of him dismissing this and cut to them in the car giving him serum

women suck
>>
>>86058119
omg that made me laugh out loud for real
>>
>>86058159
>That shit was legit disgusting
>>
File: dual.jpg (116KB, 1519x793px)
dual.jpg
116KB, 1519x793px
>>86056190
>rick attempting some experiment
>it goes wrong and turns him into a pickle
>he gets lost in the sewer
>Morty and Summer are searching pickle rick in the house
>Rick builds his gadgets from rat parts and cockroaches and emerges in that building fighting the guards and Jaguar
>leaves that prison while still followed by Jaguar
>more funny references to action movies
>more one liners
>showdown in the house and the situation gets resolved
>after credits can stay as they are and Jaguar now is a regular character in the show

here done
>>
>>86057687
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFeJU2fIKlY
>>
>>86058603
I think a lot of episodes have rewatchability, especially the Fart and car battery ones
>>
>>86058043
I'm just saying, people get the pun that he was "in a pickle", right?
>>
>>86056388
Its well established at this point that Beth is an enabler, it's almost overtly blunt. I can't image how people wouldn't get that, let alone side with Beth.
>>
>>86057549
kek
>>
>>86056190
Hoo boy.

>Give Morty and Summer SOMETHING TO FUCKING DO
>remove the phrase "Ya Knobs"
>Completely eliminate the shit-eating joke
>Have the rat murder be a little...less?
>More development for Jaguar
>no stinger for the Piano ep (unless that's all that the piano thing is in which case FUCK that's disappointing)
>>
>>86056190
Two Words: TINY PICKLE RICK
>>
>>86061399
YASSSSSS THIS
>>
>reddit and memey
the show should have been rewritten to never exist
>>
>>86056211
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhpkLe8kdcE
>>
>>86056190
Tell actual jokes instead of relying on le pickle man, pickles aren't funny.
>>
Ban rick and morty threads
>>
>>86058603
Kill yourself.
>>
>>86061609
Please what jokes could they have possible tol-

>i'm in a pickle guys
>>
>remove therapy sub-plot
>replace with more sci-fi hijinks
>>
Pickle Rick is GOAT

https://youtu.be/mJCMxk7AdDA

Only plebs disagree.
>>
>>86059762
BUURRRRP God's not real Morty
the redditor begins to chuckle
L-life is pointless Morty, your URP parents are fucking idiots
the redditor laughs out loud, spewing Cheetoh crumbs all over his desk
W-wake up fucking sheeple, everybody is an idiot but me
the redditor can hardly contain his full bellied laughter as chortles begin to fill the room
WUBALABADUBDUB POOPY DOOP FUCK SHIT
The redditor starts convulsing on the floor, gasping for air between spasms of laughter
mmmm get schwifty
the redditor's heart explodes and he dies
>>
I like how she made herself skinnier than she is in real life.
>>
Make the episode a one-off about Pickle Rick similar to say the Brain Parasites episode

involve the other characters in the subplot in a way that isn't just WHOAH GRANDPA WANTS TO GET OUT OF THERAPY WHY DONT WE ALL JUST GO THERE AND DO NOTHING OF VALUE WHILE HES A PICKLE. You could tell dumpling piggu shot her self in the foot by completely isolating Rick and had to make up for it with LE EPIC 80S MOVIE HOMAGE and mindless violence instead of conflict that was fresh, interesting or actually funny

except for the first few minutes Rick being a pickle is fucking meaningless once he gets arms and legs and becomes this OP badass. In the early seasons Rick was still a capable genius but also not an impervious martial arts master. This is what left the pickle thing feeling like a cheap gimmick instead of a vehicle for jokes.

get rid of all the stunted lifeless dialog that accomplishes nothing and leads nowhere

literally just cut out the therapy entirely, not every episode has to have some 2deep4u ultra sincere monologue conclusion, just make a funny episode about a fucking pickle
>>
>>86056190

Pickle Rick should have proved 9/11 was an inside job after making the claim early in the episode.
>>
>>86056190
Rick should have kept trying to make an adventure about of being a pickle alone to avoid going to therapy but kept failing to make it successful or interesting without his companions. By the end of the episode Rick is all fucked up and glad to have his family back and in a sense ends up counselling himself by proving how much he relies on others.
Then shortly after it reverts back to him talking to them like shit as if he had learned nothing. (Kind of Always Sunny style) whilst it's implied he still knows how important his family is to him and his wellbeing.
It would essentially be Rick's version of the Mad Max episode.
>>
>>86056190
Fire the diversity quota women writers. Women aren't funny, get over it.
>>
Announcing that the series is canceled and that anyone who likes the show is an idiot.
>>
>>86065996
This also would have allowed for some nicely directed moments where it cuts back and forth between the therapy and Rick where the things that are being said are relevant to what Rick is going through on-screen and actually would have given a sense of flow and connection between the A and B story.
>>
>>86056190
I think they could have added some jokes. At least one or two to fill out the 22 minute episode.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.