[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only major network show with an Asian lead >gets cancelled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Selfie.S01E01.jpg (65KB, 580x302px) Image search: [Google]
Selfie.S01E01.jpg
65KB, 580x302px
>only major network show with an Asian lead
>gets cancelled right away
Lmao. Why does Hollywood not cast Asian men in anything except martial arts gigs?
>>
Cho is always good in everything he's in.

Anybody remembers Off Centre? I really liked that Post-American Pie show.
>>
Because it doesn't make money.
SJWs are too blinded to think parts need to go to someone just because they're a minority.
It's a fucking business. They changed the business model to appease SJWs and now nearly every show/movie is losing money.
>>
>>86035081
Karen Gillan's character is too unsympathetic
>>
>Fresh off the Boat taking viewers from Niggerish

That's not about martial arts
>>
>>86035147
This isn't true at all. I'm sure it would be profitable as fuck if they cater to the weeb and koreaboo audience slightly.
Doesn't even need to be all martial art-y like an anime or anything like that. Just play into the whole 'woah Asia is so different to America XD' thing.

If Aziz Ansari can do it with India, East Asians can definitely do it and make themselves seem cool in the process
>>
>>86035253
This. There was also that really good, but short lived show called Second Jen.
>>
Because most Asians are content watching white people in lead roles and have no problem self-inserting among white protagonists.
t. Asian
I mean sure, there might very well be a bamboo ceiling in the arts industry. But if a shift is going to happen at all it needs to happen organically. Just look at all the terrible token inserts of late, like in King Kong and Transformers.
>>
>>86035134
>tfw Lauren Stamile never made it big

;_;
>>
>>86035320
It's actually very true. TV ratings are spiraling down, box office profits this summer were some of the lowest ever, etc.
They're throwing 100+ years of marketing knowledge out the window for people that don't even buy into their products.

Also:
>Aziz Ansari

Just stop. Barely anyone above the age of 25 knows who the fuck this guy is.
>>
>>86035081
The Jews know that an Asian-European race would be the greatest possible threat to their dominance.
Much better for them to create a mentally retarded, brown slave race with no culture but consumerism.
>>
>>86035081
Because they suck major balls. You have very talented black actors, but show me a single asian actor worth a damn. That is why I find those controversies with asian representation laughable
>hurrrr major is played by white female
>okay what asian actor should play her then?
>uh,uh,uh.....hurrrr massagegynist

Prove me wrong /TV/ name someone.
>>
>>86035426
>implying people above the age of 25 are relevant in any way to modern media
>>
>>86035081
The general population doesn't find Asian men attractive. They are pandering to their target audience (women) who want big, stronk handsome white/spanish/black guys.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.