[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When exactly did capeshit become bad? What was the turning point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 363561279.jpg (316KB, 1432x1078px) Image search: [Google]
363561279.jpg
316KB, 1432x1078px
When exactly did capeshit become bad? What was the turning point where it went from just another type of action and adventure, to the industry behemoth and culture killer it is today?
>>
>>86020505

After the success of the Dark Knight trilogy which was actually well done.

The only good super hero movies are stand alone films and now producers try to sloppily shove as many characters into a movie as possible to appeal to the largest audience.
>>
>>86020505
early 2000s xmen and spiderman movies made enough money to bankroll all types of shit and then before you know it all the money is just lazy inertia on the part of hollywood

and then somewhere between the success of sin city and then dark knight caused all the <<<gritty prestige>>> capeshit to happen
>>
>>86020505
Ironman. With bolstered help from TBBT. Everything was good before that, even when it was bad.
>>
Avengers decided that the conflict should be an Intergalactic portal that leads to the imminent destruction of the planet.
Kind of hard to do anything to top that, so they don't. You could argue marvel in general, but Iron Man Thor and Captain America were all independent enjoyable movies
>>
File: Picture 11.png (169KB, 478x346px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 11.png
169KB, 478x346px
the best part about 60s batman aside from how fucking gay it is (there are TWO Liberaces in an episode at one point), is the explicit acknowledgement of how stupid the concept of superheroes are. the show had a lot of fun with that. so much more creative than angsty man babies in kevlar.
>>
>>86020505
It's odd, looking at your picture reminded me of something.
I legitimately prefer Adam West over Affleck as batman. At least he doesn't fucking kill everyone, and he has a lot more charm.
>>
Capeshit died in 2008. Iron Man was the last good Marvel movie, and TDK was the last good DC movie. You can't prove me wrong.
>>
>>86020505
when stan lee got real jewgold behind him. so not the 60s or 70s. Real American Hero feels like the start.
>>
Its only a problem when passed off and praised as kino.
>>
File: 58419.jpg (89KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
58419.jpg
89KB, 700x1050px
>>86020505
>>
>>86020825
Yeah they put it back on TV here in Aus and it's been a ratings success.

Also I've showed a bunch of people the movie recently and everyone loved it.

Batman 1960s has actually aged incredibly well, it's hilarious as fuck.
>>
>>86020748

This is the correct answer.

After realizing how effective it was and how it rocketed RDJ back into fame producers realized that it can be used to jumpstart new stars, it has everything already written out for them and it fits like a glove into our CGI era.

Granted, Nolan's Batman trilogy was the reason that Ironman was produced but they didn't acknowledge the potential yet.
>>
When Disney bought Marvel and decided they needed atleast 3 films per year for a decade to make up for the acquisition costs.
>>
>>86020873

Adam West portrayed a more positive Bruce Wayne while Affleck is the darker batman who has become overly cynical and brooding, basically just as capable when acting as Batman but still a shadow of the former playboy.

They're too different portrayals of the same character to be fairly compared but I think they both did a nice job with what they we're given.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.