[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Oliver Stone really fuck up this movie? Would it have been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: NBKillaz[1].jpg (28KB, 296x440px) Image search: [Google]
NBKillaz[1].jpg
28KB, 296x440px
Did Oliver Stone really fuck up this movie?

Would it have been better without the lighting shifts, wildlife shots, random cuts to demons and cartoons, and his infatuation with drugs and Native American culture, etc?
>>
>>86016832
No the surreal/cartoony aesthetic definitely helped it out. It wouldn't have worked if it was any grittier or Tarantino-like.
>>
No it was good for its time. It's of its time though and therefore didn't age well. Some movies are like that. Midnight Cowboy comes to mind.
>>
>>86016832
I can see what he was trying to do, but it was a bit too blunt and frenetic to be any sort of enduring commentary on mass-media. It's an entertaining film, though. Not a GREAT film, but not bad.
>>
bamp for interast
>>
No it's perfect as is
>>
>>86016946
>didn't age well
yeah we got more mass shooters now than ever, and none of them is famous for its name
or for the reporter's name.. since everybody has a handy camera now
>>
He dropped the ball AND shit the bed. And Robert Downey Jr's "Australian" accent is the absolute fucking worst of all-time.
>>
>>86017751
then again, the mass media still tries to corrupt the people , now wwith PC SJW Gay, feminist etc agendas
>>
>>86017801
aside of americans nobody cares/recognises about english accents
>>
>>86017874
>Australia
>"English"
Mate, I'm not gonna lie to ya. Find the nearest gun storage unit, take one out, load it up with hollow-point bullets, put one in your mouth, carefully aim back so that the bullet's guaranteed to rupture your cerebellum, and pull the fucking TRIGGER.
>>
>>86016909
It was good, but hindsight kind of ruined when Stone used some of the same tricks in Any Given Sunday. Coyotes projected against walls made sense as a "the mind of a serial killer" artsy statement. Not so much when recycled in a football movie.
>>
>>86017968
Who shit in this kangaroo's pouch?
>>
>>86016946
>implying true kino can age
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>86017968
I think he meant England's semi-literate bastard scum offspring. No need to spill your fosters.
>>
DUDE THE MEDIA LMAO
>>
It's perfect the way it is. Still a pleb filter after all these years.
>>
>>86017968
The last word of your post is how you feel, abbo.
>>
File: 1482983908885.jpg (43KB, 600x637px) Image search: [Google]
1482983908885.jpg
43KB, 600x637px
>>86016832
I reread Tarantino's original script after watching this recently for the first time in maybe 15 years.

It was awful.

Great performances, especially RDJ, but Stone butchered it. It's a frenetically obnoxious fever dream that is certainly a product of its time.

Wish we'd seen what Tarantino or even Tony Scott could have done to it. Since I'm not a teen anymore, I can see why Tarantino wanted his name removed from it.
>>
File: n2j6fgur92q8s6trlabq.jpg (55KB, 435x431px) Image search: [Google]
n2j6fgur92q8s6trlabq.jpg
55KB, 435x431px
Literally the only reason to watch this movie
>>
>>86017801
>Robert Downey Jr's "Australian" accent is the absolute fucking worst of all-time
but it's a perfect satire of Steve Dunleavy from A Current Affair
>>
File: 201.gif (785KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
201.gif
785KB, 120x120px
>be 20
>dating 19 year old qt
>put this movie on
>watch maybe half, if that
>she doesn't like it
>it makes her feel "bad," she says
>we fuck instead

Why do I even bother?
>>
File: NBK23 - coda.webm (2MB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
NBK23 - coda.webm
2MB, 1000x563px
was his Australian accent better at the beginning of Tropic Thunder?
>>
>>86017821
>then again, the mass media still tries to corrupt the people , now wwith PC SJW Gay, feminist etc agendas

Right. Those are the problems. There are just too damn many people telling us to be friendly and respectful towards each other.
>>
>>86019263
George Michael?
>>
>>86017801
>not knowing good satire because genPleb

kys young kuk
>>
Nah, movie is great. It came from a time when hollywood still had some actual balls, a film like this would go straight to dvd these days and the director would be shunned for being a misogynist homophobe on twitter.
>>
A movie about two fucked up individuals on a rampage
>bohoo its a fever dream
Fuck off
>>
File: bigpussy.jpg (49KB, 652x365px) Image search: [Google]
bigpussy.jpg
49KB, 652x365px
>>86020499
why dont you cry s'more you pussy. go on. cry you faggot.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.