[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any chance of a Blood Meridian movie ever being made? How should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (607KB, 507x751px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
607KB, 507x751px
Any chance of a Blood Meridian movie ever being made? How should it be done and who would you cast?
>>
The only person who would make it is James Franco and it would be shitty. Blood Meridian's strength is in it's prose, which will not translate easily to the screen.
>>
>>86016638
>James Franco
W-what? Why the fuck would he ever do it? I figured the Coen brothers would try it considering how well NCFOM was received.
>>
>>86016726
That fucker James Franco is the only director that has come out saying that wants to do it and actually try to by the rights.

Apparently whoever holds them is completely against it and keeps telling him to fuck off, kek.
>>
>>86016638
This desu. He owns the movie rights and his other film adaptations of novels, including child of God, have been utterly shit. He doesn't even know what cinematography or post processing is. Also the book is not adaptable because you'd be omitting many elements that made the book interesting.

How would you adapt the judge's "world is like an egg" speech when the majority of it was omitted?

How would you convey the same ideas from the book without it seeming too straightforward and too obvious?

If anything, it'd have to be a loose adaptation, but it's a shame only DUDE WEED LMAO can film it.
>>
>>86016927
What what? I though he already had the rights. If anything it's good whoever holds them is keeping Franco away from it. He's a fucking pseud and probably smells bad.
>>
File: file.png (462KB, 800x694px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
462KB, 800x694px
Most people have no idea how close we were from eternal doom, luckily we were spared.
>>
>>86016552
I read 10 pages of The Road and stopped because it was so bad. Is Blood Meridian worth it?
>>
Mel Gibson teaming up with Icon productions
>>
File: Picture 325.png (73KB, 551x723px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 325.png
73KB, 551x723px
The William Monahan script from back when Ridley Scott was going to do it is one of the worst adaptations I've ever seen/read.

Pic related, this is the ending 1/2
>>
>>86017236
They are written in very different styles but you might not like BM all the same. BM is written in a very eloquent but ponderous style. The plot itself is very meandering and often seems at times to be more like series of occurrences rather than a continuous story. The book shines in its imagery and its dialogue(Judge Holden in particular). If you are looking for something very in-your-face and plot heavy then BM might not be what you're looking for. It's still a wonderful read but it's not for everyone.
>>
http://www.slashfilm.com/blood-meridian-james-franco/#ooid=F4M3QybzqhaEmlZ0kNL1MwbUFmtrJfMo

Fucking kek, here's the demo James Franco did of it.

It's shit.
>>
File: Picture 326.png (31KB, 545x716px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 326.png
31KB, 545x716px
>>86017386
2/2
>>
>>86016934
>he owns the rights

I thought Tommy Lee Jones owned them
>>
I kinda liked the test footage that Franco released a while back. Could've been some kino if it was done right.

Too extreme for today's audience though probably.
>>
>>86017486
Why the hell would anyone end the movie there? It completely glosses over the Kid accepting the Judge's truth at the end.
>>
>>86016552
I know that a while back George Miller was talking about doing it properly, and mixing up the ethnicities and gender of some of the characters. I'd trust him on this, because his track record shows he knows what he's doing. Jamie Foxx and both Kiera Knightly and Ellen Page were being considered.
>>
File: Picture 327.png (61KB, 512x498px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 327.png
61KB, 512x498px
>>86017573

About that...
>>
File: angry_cat.jpg (8KB, 269x211px) Image search: [Google]
angry_cat.jpg
8KB, 269x211px
>>86017573
>The kid accepting the Judge's truth

Nigga did you read the book?
>>
>>86017681
Yes. The judge embraces him at the end because he finally surrendered the last piece of himself by raping/killing the missing bear girl.
>>
>>86017767
Holy fuck. I'm an idiot.
>>
>>86018241
Glad I could be of service :3
>>
>>86017352

Unironically this.
>>
>>86016552
Tell HBO they'll get to put in a male-on-male sodomization and they will fully fund it
Yes I know its only implied in the books but HBO is desperate to make the leap from merely showing men's penises to full on gay sex
>>
>>86017352
i would watch this
>>
>tfw alternate timeline where Francis Ford Coppola directs Blood Meridian instead of Apocalypse Now with Marlon Brando as The Judge

would you trade Apocalypse Now for FFC's Blood Meridan, /tv/?
>>
>>86020207
I would
>>
swig
>>
Fuck Blood Meridian, where's new Ten Little Niggers adaptation?
>>
>>86017014
>what what?

Please go fucking back where you came from. There are 100s of places more suited for you than 4chan. Seriously please go back to the site you found out about this one from.
>>
>>86019671
thanks /pol/
>>
>>86026218

>Other anon knows more than me, so instead of letting it go I'll insult him. Yeah, that's it.

Seriously fuck off, idiot. Use Google.
>>
rfv
>>
>>86016552
why do people say this book is unfilmable? never got round to reading it
>>
oh wow its this boring fucking thread for the 200th time with the same terrible answers. Kill yourself you dumb autists.
>>
>>86031803
Yeah it's too boring,
you're better off in a GoT or a Rick and Morty thread
>>
>>86018351
>:3
holy fuck kill yourself
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.