[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they insist on putting 7 books worth of material into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: the-dark-tower_2.jpg (335KB, 1600x956px) Image search: [Google]
the-dark-tower_2.jpg
335KB, 1600x956px
Why did they insist on putting 7 books worth of material into one movie and then remove the central theme (addiction)?
>>
sony
>>
>>86013762
>putting 7 books worth of material into one movie
I haven't seen the movie, but I refuse to believe they did this.
>>
>>86013799
Roland also never gets anywhere near the dark tower. After Jake and Roland beat Walter, they just decide to go live in Midworld.
>>
>>86013886
No. No! That's retarded!
I'm so glad my predetermined hat for this from the trailers and casting were justified.
>>
>>86014016
Yeah it's pretty fucking bad, only watch it if you're drunk and want to be bitter.
>>
>>86013762
wtf why is that character white
>>
>>86013762
>>86013799
I never saw Sony's Ghostbusters, but I cant imagine that it could be worse than this, although from what I gather, people who haven't read the books only find this movie generic and lackluster but not offensive
>>
>>86014102
Dude why are there white people like seriously
>>
stephen king is a douche for not liking kubrick
>>
>>86014257
I've seen people say it's great. Of course they've never read the books.
I want to die like I did on the inside.
>>
>>86013762

The books started fantastically up until the 4th book where it dropped off.

The last book was fucking awful.

Stephen King what a joke
>>
>>86014257
I read all the books in high school and I was so appalled immediately by the casting that I knew I would never go see it. The trailers I saw in theaters were mindblowingly awful.

Stephen King I hope you see this you fucking kike wash up I've never been so offended by anything as your approval of this you piece of shit.
>>
>>86014312
he later learned to appreciate Kubrick's art
>>
>>86014257
Just saw the movie, this is the best way to describe it. For a non-fan, it's the personification of 6/10
>>
>>86014346
The Wastelands was my favourite.
The one that was a huge unnecessary flashback about Roland's western love story, the wizard and the glass I think, was when everything went downhill.
>>
>>86013886
WTF are you shitting me
>>
i dont think ive ever heard of a more boring premise for a fantasy story, is there any message or theme this book series conveys with its trite rules?
>>
>>86013762
To appeal to the lowest common denominator. They didn't trust to story to appeal to filmgoers. So the book fans stayed away, by and large, and it looked so generic that everyone else mostly stayed away too.
>>
>>86013799
Walter O'Dimm dies in this movie.
Jake is the main character.
The Dark Tower is just this tower that keeps demons from flooding in, rather than the hub of existence itself.
Jake is capable of destroying it with a thought, and Walter kidnaps him to do this.
The Crimson King isn't mentioned or real.
Eddie, Susannah, and Oy don't exist and aren't mentioned.

The movie is a fucking adaptive disaster.
>>
>>86017889
>The Crimson King isn't mentioned or real.
Mentioned only by graffiti on the wall. That's it.
>>
>>86017889
Not to mention the people with the shining are using technology to shoot literal lasers at the tower rather than bending the beams little by little with their psychic powers.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.