[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At the end of the movie when Ray forms "the mcdonald corporation"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 6

File: The-Founder-Michael-Keaton.jpg (48KB, 836x502px) Image search: [Google]
The-Founder-Michael-Keaton.jpg
48KB, 836x502px
At the end of the movie when Ray forms "the mcdonald corporation" and the brothers threaten to sue him, Ray says he'll just drown them in paperwork because he's become too big. They conclude from this that they're better off selling the company to him rather than try and fight.

But during the contract negotiations,
he says he needs to get them their royalties "by handshake agreement only" because his investors won't come in if they see he's paying out royalties. He just admitted he doesn't have the money to buy them out and is hurting for investors. He's probably in so much debt from expansion that there's no way he could afford to bury them in paperwork if they sued. And there's no way what little investment opportunity he got would stick around during a lawsuit. Why didn't the brothers walk away and sue rather than agree to a handshake they knew he would never honor? Did I miss something or were the brothers just that dumb?
>>
>>85987032
just eat some mcdonalds and comeback to watch the movie again, you will understand
>>
>>85987180
You know I did like the movie, and the music, but I hated how it made me want mcdonalds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs_kFjkTapk
>>
he had the brothers in complete checkmate already. he de facto owned McDonalds by then and the only reason he agreed to the million was just to give them something to get off his back. The McDonalds brothers had ZERO leverage at that point. Sure they could sue, but it would be a fight for the rest of thier lives against a growing corporation vs. one burger stand in san bernadino. They knew that, Roy knew that, and that's why everyone just walked away.
>>
who /mcdoubles/ here?
>>
>>85987032

Surprisingly good movie, and unironically made me want to go to Macdonalds.
>>
Is there a legit source that shows that Mcdonalds dramatically went to shit in terms od quality after some time?
>>
>>85987908
>The McDonalds brothers had ZERO leverage at that point.
>but it would be a fight for the rest of thier lives against a growing corporation vs. one burger stand in san bernadino.

Yeah and that's well and good, but Ray admitted they would win except he'd drag the fight on forever like you said, but I'm saying he was in so much debt that he couldn't afford the legal fees anymore than the brothers could?
>>
>>85987032
This is a really good movie. Business is cut throat and playing nice only gets you so far.
>>
>>85988014
I'm 67 years old and I can tell you anecdotally that it went to shit.
>>
>>85987908

I get that having money helps in a legal battle but at the end of the day the law is the law, is it really possible to legit wrong someone then stonewall them for a lifetime just because you can keep throwing money at it?
>>
>>85988014
I tried to look this up yesterday and consensus is it hasn't changed that much. People like it. They love it in fact. It's cheap fast food, I'm sure it's never been "good" but people are nostalgic.
>>
>>85988156
>I get that having money helps in a legal battle but at the end of the day the law is the law, is it really possible to legit wrong someone then stonewall them for a lifetime just because you can keep throwing money at it?
You're not American, huh?
>>
>>85988094
>he was in so much debt

My impression was that he became very successful after he started investing in land
>>
>>85988124
They stopped using beef tallow to make the fries. That's when it got bad.
>>
>>85987032
so it's a Social Network ripoff after all
>>
>tfw at work on the road one day
>only food option is mcdonalds
>get a quarter pounder meal
>shit liquid for 2 days
>>
You have to admit the way he went about robbing them was fucking brilliant.
>>
>>85988124
Sure thing buddy
>>85988189
It's obviously not good compared to other choices but consider that fine dinning, local gastro restaurants and the like has only recently become a thing accesible to most people.
>>85988310
Lol no, fuck off.
>>
>>85988353

He was mostly forced to do so, since or brothers were absolute shit with Keaton.

All of this would have been avoided if they didn't try to fuck Keaton over when he signed the contract.

They deserved what happened to them.
>>
>>85988270
>My impression was that he became very successful after he started investing in land
I like that the jew who gave him this bright idea eventually quit his job and refused to discuss McDs ever again. Kroc was that much of a piece of shit.
>>
>>85988321
your body is just weak.
>>
>>85988270
not just any land but he would sublease to mcdonalds franchisees
>>
>>85988156
>is it really possible to legit wrong someone then stonewall them for a lifetime just because you can keep throwing money at it?
It's basically corporate policy to do this.
Why do you think most people want to murder lawyers?
>>
>>85988492
No shit.
>>
>>85988258

No, and I get that that's the stereotype, but I imagine the US does have a code of civil laws from which decisions are made, are you saying with unlimited money you can just hold things up for like 50 years? That seems ridiculous.
>>
Great movie, should've made much more in the box office. Had my first Big Mac at age 20 after the film.
>>
>>85988014

oldfag here, earliest memories of eating McDonads is from the late 70's. food quality and taste wise they haven't changed at all from when I was a kid. Can't say the same about other fast food place, for example Burger King and Taco Bell have really went to shit with their food.
>>
>>85988540

>are you saying with unlimited money you can just hold things up for like 50 years? That seems ridiculous.

Not him but how naive can you be ? Why do you think no politician or successful businessman ever goes to prison ?
>>
>>85988014
>Mcdonalds dramatically went to shit in terms od quality after some time
Find any depictions of the food back in the 60s and compare to now.
Regular burger patties got so small Wendy's got huge by making fun of it (Where's The Beef campaign).
Shoestring fries which take up more space in a fry box than regular cut fries, and cook faster too.
They're also the first franchise trying to phase out its production and window staff with automated kiosks and machines.
McDonalds has always been at the forefront of race-to-the-bottom economics.
>>
>>85988593
Typical Millennial response
>>
>>85988540
Welcome to the real world lmao
Not a commie or anything but if you have money you will get away with shit
>>
>>85988671
fucking old people just spout "millennial" for everything now what the fuck
>>
>Kroc also believed the hamburger was more aesthetic than the hot dog

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: col-sanders.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
col-sanders.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>In 1952, Colonel Harland Sanders franchised his secret recipe "Kentucky Fried Chicken" for the first time
>In 1964, then 73 years old, sold the Kentucky Fried Chicken corporation for $2 million ($15.4 million today
>Sanders remained the company's symbol after selling it, traveling 200,000 miles a year on the company's behalf and filming many TV commercials and appearances.
>As late as 1979 Sanders made surprise visits to KFC restaurants, and if the food disappointed him, he denounced it to the franchisee as "God-damned slop" or pushed it onto the floor.

Colonel Sanders movie when?
>>
>>85988833
It's a euphemism for penis
>>
>>85988919
>sell your chicken business
>surprised when they make good ol 'merican budget cuts and your chicken goes to shit

was he retarded or just old?
>>
>>85989005
Where does it say that he was surprised?
>>
>>85988919
Norm needs to reprise the role
>>
>>85987032
My understanding of it was that the brothers had a vision of McDonalds and that had already been maligned. Kroc could have ruined them and the brothers would essentially have to kill their child and accrue personal debt against something that was once theirs. Kroc wouldn't have taken any hits to himself personally. So would you go hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt just to spite Kroc and destroy your own business or leave it and get a bit of a check?

Plus take into account that the mcdonalds brothers were actually getting on in life and probably had other shit to worry about in regards to their retirement and it makes sense. To you want to spend your retirement also in litigation destroying your namesake?

The brothers were humble enough to step down because it wasn't worth the hassle.
>>
>>85989005
Old-fashioned business doesn't allow for cutting quality control for the sake of the bottom line. It's better to hike the price than risk alienating more customers by removing or reducing the kind of product they've come to expect from you.

It's market share these days that decides whether a business can survive this. For instance, Fatburger has been around in Canada for the past 6-7 years and have already started noticably depreciating in quality. One location in my city went out of business recently.
>>
>>85988829
Its also so fucking nebulous, it encompasses around ages 19 to 35. Its so fucking weird.
>>
>>85988156
Yes. The concept of modern law making revolves around gridlock. Nothing really moves unless you have a shitload of resources to make it over or have a popular opinion which basically gives you free resources. Think of it like a traffic jam literally. You can pay everyone ahead of you to move out the way and get ahead or if you have a zeitgeist (sorry hate using the word) you basically have a siren which causes everyone to move to the curb and let you through.
>>
>>85989217
They still got royally fucked with the royalties though.
>>
>>85989522
>ROYALLY

:^) yeah the did I agree. I love the concept that Kroc wanted mcdonalds because of the name and that it represented 60s Americana but that in fucking the brothers over he represented contemporary Americana more than anything.
>>
File: IMG_0383.png (132KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0383.png
132KB, 554x400px
>tfw constipated for like 2 weeks and haven't taken a shit
>eat a 20 piece McNugget meal
>shit out a cannon ball of mashed together hard shit pebbles
>Hershey highway afterward
>mfw
>>
>>85987336
It wasn't the movie, that's a subproduct of mc donalds experimental conditioning.

Dead serious.
>>
>>85987032
Why didn't they just continue collecting royalties from him and ignore the shit he was doing instead of settling with him and parting ways?
>>
>>85990510
Cause they were gay.
>>
I liked this movie, but I have issues with bios in general.
Now I'm walking around with a head full of shit that never happened, loosely based on real events.

Is it true that he opened the 100th McDs opposite the original burger stand? And is it true that the brothers only wanted to keep that open to keep their long-time employees in work?

Because that's not business, that's spite.
>>
>>85989325

Burger King has failed twice to establish itself in Mexico. All of the restaurants in my city closed except for the ones in food courts in malls.

Just picture that, Burger King is so shitty not even mexicans want it.
>>
>>85990510

it was more Ray's move than the brothers because they were whiny babys about muh milkshakes
>>
>>85990914
https://www.bustle.com/p/how-accurate-is-the-founder-the-true-facts-about-mcdonalds-will-surprise-you-30010
>>
>>85990914

>Because that's not business, that's spite.

Both things happened in real life. Spite is part of business, because businessmen are not evil machines, they're evil humans.
>>
>>85991103

What version of the film did the author watch? Both the McDonalds brothers previous attempts at franchising and them being the authors of the Golden Arches are in the film.
>>
>>85991064
Except there are Burger Kings and Wendys in Mexico, Taco Bell is the one that we don't want in here.
>>
>>85990914
The movie was based on Kroc's autobiography, so anything that made him look bad is straight from his mouth.

He only opening up a mcdonalds across from their original stand because they refused to give it to him, so he said fuck it I'll put you out of business. Pretty hateful guy.
>>
>>85991064
Except that's wrong.
>>
>>85991298

I know carnal but at least here in Monterrey almost every Burger King has closed.
>>
>>85987032
>that stance

"Dr Pavel, I'm McD"
>>
>>85991396
There is one on Garza Sada and another one in Leones, imbecil
>>
>Five Guys
>Arbys
>McDonalds Breakfast
>Wendys
>Hardees
>Burger King
>McDonalds Regular Menu

This is the only true ranking.
>>
>>85988664
As a turbo autist who likes plain food I was blown away by the size of Wendy's patties as a kid. aaayyyyI always had to get the McChicken since that was the only decently sized patty at McDonald's.
>>
>>85991502
I love burger king
>>
>>85991502

>arbys

their meat smells like farts
>>
>>85991298
are any Tex-Mex restaurants(outside of tourist areas) popular at all in Mexico?
>>
>>85991529
Sometimes Burger King has something good, the Bacon King for example is fantastic.
>>
>>85991559
I agree. Arbys should be much lower.
>>
>>85988156
Welcome to the United States of Zion
>>
>>85988321
Maybe you had a digestive system bug, and would have had problems no matter what you ate?
>>
>>85991563
There is no texmex crap in here, everybody goes for real tacos and real food.
>>
>>85991475

Learn to read puñetas, sorry for your Harmon Hall English. The ones in Universidad and La Fe are closed.
>>
>>85988672
>"""real""" world
>it fucking sucks
No thanks, I'll stay in my commie hellhole. Can't believe you're actually defending such a shitty system, how conned can you get?
>>
>>85991655
He wasn't defending it.
>>
>>85991651
So? The other ones are always full, your point of Burger King failing in Mexico is wrong, indio pendejo.
>>
File: you-have-to-go-back.gif (348KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
you-have-to-go-back.gif
348KB, 350x233px
>>85991651
>>85991756
Both of you.
>>
>>85987032
I fell asleep during this stupid fucking movie.

They didn't call his bluff who cares. It was like Pursuit of Happiness but we followed the least like able character ever
>>
>>85991773
They are back.
>>
>>85991103
>>85991293
Yeah I was thinking that.
The kind of stuff this covers isn'twhat bothers me tho.
I'm sure the bullet points will be correct most of the time. But to tell a story that spans years in 2hrs you need to cut some corners, merge some events, present things as obstacles for the protagonist that might not have been, and tie it all to a central theme.
This is why I don't like watching bios, or at least I'd like to watch a dry documentary about it just afterwards.
>>
>>85991756

>Two restaurants closed in the last year
>Restaurants empty even on weekends (don't know where you got that "always full" bullshit, maybe in Multimedios or your heard it on cepy boy)
>Not failing

Let me guess, you're brown.
>>
>>85991645
yeah except your kinda limited to only mexican food
I could go to Houston and find good Vietnamese and barbecue
>>
>>85988321
>>85991630

I haven't eaten McDonalds in 15 years (aside from frosty's occasionally). I recently decided to get a breakfast meal due to the fact that I got a coupon in the mail. Shit was pretty good, but it decimated my asshole for a day and a half.

I'm a fat piece of shit who eats taco bell and chipotle, and it's been a real long time since fast food has fucked me up like that
>>
>>85991866
Get out of your house once in a while, indio pendejo.
>>
>>85991929
Nobody cares, chicano.
>>
>>85991988
Yeah i don't eat fast food often. Try to bring my lunch to work as often as i can. McDonalds i avoid because my last experience gave me vicious stomach cramps for days.

Jersey Mike Subs is the spot negro.
>>
>>85992077
>>85991773
No seas huevon
>>
>>85991298
Doritos Locos Tacos could've been huge there if they gave TB a chance. Mexicans LOVE Doritos.
>>
>>85992109
Why eat that crap if you can get real food in here?
>>
>>85991396
Monterrey fags have a hardon for Carls Jr.
>>
>>85992032

Sorry you have to roam the streets because your tejavan is too hot prieto de mierda
>>
>>85992109
>>85992109
I make my own dorito's locos tacos by getting a bag of doritos, taking out two chips and then putting a fat log of shit in between
>>
>>85992164
Would you like to try our new EXTRA BIG ASS TACO?
>>
>>85992239
>this butthurted indio

Top kek
>>
>>85992164

Yeah. We love our overpriced dry burgers a lot.
>>
>>85992109
Doritos? I thought Tostitos was the standard for " chips you douse in lots of random shit" snacks in mexico
>>
Everyone knew Ray was a pos crook and he still gets away with it. Really living the American dream.
>>
>>85992278

>This anal devastation by a prieto

LMAO
>>
>>85992164
I prefer local burgers, they are way better.
>>
>>85988540
>are you saying with unlimited money you can just hold things up for like 50 years? That seems ridiculous.
50 years is the minimum
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Term_Extension_Act
tl;dr Disney
>>
>>85992348
>the indio keeps posting
top lul
>>
>>85992391

Is prietoposting the brand new meme?
>>
This thread is starting to get a little off topic. Please continue to discuss The Founder.
>>
I want both of the angry wetbacks to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>85988156
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kearns

tl;dr invents the intermittent wiper system, auto manufacturers decline to purchase the patent, install them anyway, drags out the court case for decades. He won against Chrysler and Ford, but missed his window to sue most of the rest of the manufacturers who also infringed on his patent. Most of his life was spent demonstrating to a court that the thing he invented was stolen, a patently obvious fact, but lawyers and money dragged that case out for much of the rest of his life.

You can't truly stop it, no. But you can slow it down enough so that the average person just plain can't afford the time and money to keep at it and you win by default.
>>
>>85991929
A Korean restaurant opened in my Mexican city a couple years ago. Within a year only the kimbap remained on the menu (for some reason Mexicans really like sushi-like foods); it became basically a mexican seafood place.
>>
>>85992521
on a scale of 1-10 how prepared would you say you are for your eventual beheading?
>>
>Every Founder thread
>No one mentions how Ray completely fucked over his first wife after all her help

Yeah, 4chan isn't misogynistic :roll:
>>
>>85992484
>That documentary that paints Hulk Hogan in a negative light because Gawker couldn't use it's resources to drag out the court case thanks to a billionaire bankrolling the Hulkster.
>>
>>85992686
Technically she deserves no respect because she's a woman.
>>
>>85992686
What help?
>>
>>85992686

Same thing happened in The Wolf of Wall Street, it just goes to show how much pieces of shit the protagonists are.
>>
>>85992686
How did she help him? By complaining about him traveling for work? Bitching that he mortgaged the house?
>>
>>85992686
its a movie about mcdonalds and nobody gives a shit about the love interest side plot. its not needed. its put in their for whores like you to get emotionally invested because learning the history of something you see everyday is boring to you.
>>
>>85992484

That's fucked up.
>>
>>85992720
Yeah, but Gawker went on about how people who post Fappening pictures are the scum of the universe but then got on their high horse and proudly declared they were going to ignore a court order to take down the Hulk video because "lol we so subversive!"
I don't even like Hogan, but he deserved to win against Gawker and its shitty clickbait tabloid bullshit setup and their arrogant fucking attitudes.
>>
>>85992829
That's corporate America.
>>
>>85988321
All fast food will do this if you take time off it.
I regularly go on a keto diet to drop 10-15lbs that creep up on me over the course of a year. I spend 11 months eating normally, then do a keto diet for 1 month to get back to a good weight before swapping back to my usual diet.

Every time I switch back from keto fast food fucks me up inside. To the point that I regularly go months without it because I know the next time I eat it there's a 90% chance it gives me diarrhea for a day.
>>
>>85991988

it's funny because my asshole is fine with mcdonalds, but taco bell leaves me with a prolapsed anus and a sewage backup.
>>
>>85988919
I thought he was a goodly southern colonel during the civil war who was kindly to his slaves, keeping them well fed with fried chicken, and thus popular amongst grateful black folks to this day.
>>
File: 1500902096174.png (416KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1500902096174.png
416KB, 680x680px
>>85992686
>>
>>85992686
How was his wife at all important to the story? It wasn't. It's just put there because movies like their romance tropes.
>>
>>85992686
lol all women did during that time was cook and suck dick
>>
>>85992810
She gave continuous emotional support and total loyalty to a man taking dangerous and unreasonable risks, especially without telling her or explaining why he thought it was a good idea or why he was doing what he was doing, cheating on her, completely withdrawing himself from her, not taking her interests into account whatsoever and fucking her over the moment he became desirable to someone he liked more.

Mortgaging the house wasn't the problem; he should have told her about it.
>>
>>85994404
He didn't tell her because he knew she didn't support the idea. I'm not saying she was wrong but your statement that she gave continuous support is false.
>>
>>85987336
It put me off them because they got successful being
>clean
>fast
>good
>no delinquents
Now they're
>fucking filthy
>slow and getting a lot lower with the changes to ordering
>basically the lowest tier burger available
>full of delinquents
>>
>>85992959
>>85992829
Not just corporate america - it's the entire world. Abandon all delusions of control.
>>
I went bought two Egg McMuffins because of this movie.
>>
>>85988651
Politicians and successful businessmen do go to jail all the time. However it's usually the dumb ones who aren't careful about their fraud and graft. Witness Bill Jefferson and his cash in the freezer.
>>
File: 1496266227468.png (250KB, 680x638px) Image search: [Google]
1496266227468.png
250KB, 680x638px
>>
Were the brothers autistic?
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.