[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Gandalf so set against going to Moria? Did he know that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: jkjko0jrnswcps5p2pxo.jpg (33KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
jkjko0jrnswcps5p2pxo.jpg
33KB, 620x470px
Why was Gandalf so set against going to Moria? Did he know that all the Dwarves woke up the Balrog and died already? If so why the fuck did he let Gimli think they were alive?
>>
He read about it in the beginning of the movie.
>>
He was a dickhead
>>
File: dirlewanger.jpg (28KB, 336x502px) Image search: [Google]
dirlewanger.jpg
28KB, 336x502px
He read the script.
>>
>>85980492
He knew there was a balrog, he didn't know that orcs had fucked the whole place
>>
>>85980650
Even so if there was a Balrog like he thought and no orcs, wouldn't that also mean the dwarves were dead?
>>
in the books, Gandalf is the one who wants to go to Moria. Aragorn is against it. I wonder why they changed it.
>>
>>85980492
Doesn't Saruman tell him outright that the Dwarves woke something specific up down there?
>>
>>85980715
Not necessarily, the balrog was having a lovely sleep until that butterfingered shire rat started throwing shit about. They could have snuck through.
>>
>>85980492
Gandalf the Grey doesn't know shit, he's living off of old memories and assumptions from a mind deluded by the pleasures of men and hobbits.
Its not until hes reborn that he remembers what he was sent to middle earth for, then he kicks it into gear and basically saves the broken fellowship.
>>
gandalf was a dick thats why he didn't tell gimli they were all dead
>>
the fellowship tries going over Caradharas and the Misty Mts, but are turned back by a furious storm that may or may not have been magical in nature

aragorn, boromir, and gandalf are all for going over, but eventually they realize its just not working

gandalf knows something bad happened in the mines, and that contact with the Moria reclamation colony has been lost, something regarding a "Durin's Bane"

he knows some fucked up shit's going down, but he also didn't know it was full of Gundabad orcs
>>
>>85981927
That makes sense. How does Gimli not know contact was lost when Gandalf did though? And why the fuck would Gandalf not tell him? I guess he thought gumli might have gotten distracted but still
>>
>>85982246
there had been no messengers from moria in years, this was brought up in the book, the council of elrond is one of the longest chapters in the book with a fuckton of exposition.

gimli wanted to go through moria to see what happened, not quite expecting the warm welcome as in the movie.
>>
>>85983800
Oh OK so the movie just did a poor job by having gimli expect warm welcome thanks anon
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.