[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did we go from this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaI wtO6VWCU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 19

File: what.jpg (477KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
477KB, 1920x1080px
How did we go from this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaIwtO6VWCU
>>
>>85972496
How did we go from this to what?
>>
>>85972496

Conan Stevens mountain was the best (also the tallest)

Nu-Mountain looks like a teddy bear

why the fuck did they recast Stevens anyway?
>>
>>85972821

Stevens left the show because he got an offer to play Bolg in the Hobbit movies

i bet he regrets that decision now
>>
>>85972865
Not too much probably, as he was barely in the show and pissed off that they cut out so much of their dueling.
>>
>>85972932

yeah but he'd have a steady income for 8 seasons
>>
File: STR VS DEX.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
STR VS DEX.webm
3MB, 640x360px
...to this?
>>
>>85972496
to what!?!?
>>
>>85973213
I mean it looks cool but is there any way that arya with the needle can really parry the power behind Brianne's sword
>>
>>85973213
>>85972496
the jews
>>
>>85972932
He was barely in the film, though, because they replaced him with CGI.
>>
>>85973213
really flubbed the jump back up there
>>
>>85973213
100% cringeworthy
even for a show with magic and dragons and zombies this is too unrealistic
all this just for muh FEMALE IS STRONK
>>
>>85973715

She's fighting a woman idiot
>>
>>85973715
I think Arya pulls off a good assasin type fighter, the dagger hand switch and sword movement was aestheticallcy pleasing
She is seriously one of the better actors in the series
>>
>>85973213
This is fucking dumb.
Brienne has had like 10 years of combat experience, whereas Arya is just some fucking brat who didn't pick up a weapon until like 1 year ago.

Not only that but the weight of Briennes sword would absolutely destroy Aryas puny little fucking frame, especially when she tries to parry it one handed with the tip of that fucking thing.

Jesus christ
>>
>>85973213
Why doesn't she just do a horisontal sweep at her torso? Let her anime dodge that one.
>>
>>85973946
Cause the coreographer wouldn't allow it, duh.
>>
>>85973751
yea who had a fair almost devastating fight against the Hound just to supposedly lose to this little goblin rat face with her shitty dance moves
>>
>>85973608
>I mean it looks cool

It doesn't.
>>
>>85973811
wut
>>
>>85973213
>She's a kid
>She's smaller, therefore faster also thanks to the training. The blade is also lighter.
>Being a kid makes her learn faster than an adult woman with 10 years of experience.
Yes there are shots made for the sake of looking good, but it doesn't really seem so far fetched to me.
>>
>>85973213
eh it was okay until 01:27:42:19. she does not have the strength nor the weapon weight to pressure Brienne who is much stronger and has a heavier weapon.

if she was just dodging and using Brienne's strength to pivot her strikes like at the beginning, that's believable although it takes extraordinary skill and experience.
>>
>>85973213
>this is what GoT has become
Why are people still watching this trash? I almost had an aneurysm watching this for 10 seconds.
>>
>>85973213
Her parrying the broadsword and it being implied that she could hit Brienne hard enough for her to even bother deflecting needle was a little reachy
>>
>>85974156
>She's smaller, therefore faster
Not how it works
>>
>>85973751
learn to read you fucking mongoloid fuck
its literally the 2 MUH STRONK WOMAN living memes in the show fighting each other in anime style combat
but keep gobbling up that feminist garbage
>>
>>85973811
Schlomo get out
>>
>>85973213
As someone who actually practices HEMA and boffering and shieeet, it IS actually entirely possible to parry a larger sword with a smaller one. I do not think, however, that a 10 year old girl would be able to do any real damage to a fully armored knight who's been training for twice as long as she's been alive, and who's also canonically considered a freak of nature, with strength rivaling that of the strongest men of Westeros.

This is some real anime-tier shit. This is like when people say "Oh man, a REAL kung fu master from deep in the Tibetan mountains would probably kill Royce Gracie and Cain Velasquez if they ever fought together in the octagon".
>>
>>85974156
wow, that is some backwards ass logic
>>
>>85973213
what exactly was the point of this scene though? we get that Arya is now a master assassin but why does she (or Dabid) humiliate Brienne? Literally every other scene where she kills someone would have been sufficient to show her badassery.
>>
>>85972496
Damn, this show was actually good at some point
>>
>>85974223
Not an argument
>>
Is Arya slowly working her way up the list of people who have duelled with Cleganes because she's going to end up killing Gregor?
>>
>>85974405
>a REAL kung fu master from deep in the Tibetan mountains would probably kill Royce Gracie and Cain Velasquez if they ever fought together in the octagon
That's a bad example. Unarmed combat is more about brute strength but when weapons are involved then skill plays a huge role.

If you give a big dumb brute a sword I'm sure he will still lose to a smaller, more skilled swordsman who knows his footwork and how to parry and dodge.

Even in the show, the best fighters like Jaime, Bronn and Ser Barristan aren't the biggest guys out there.
>>
>>85973213
>Parrying a full sized board sword with what is literally a child sized rapier

There is simply not enough mass to get in the way of Brienne's weapon. In real life there is no such thing as casually touching your sword against theirs to fully deflect them. If she tried to block she'd be tossed around because the weight of the impact would be so great.

Brienne also has like fucking 2 or 3 feet on the girl at least, and weighs 2.5x as much. She could probably kill her with her bare hands.
>>
>>85974736
>yfw the Mountain gets killed by a needle

STR BTFO.

DEX wins again.
>>
>>85973715
>too unrealistic
All the parries are close to Brienne's hilt, it's a practice sword which are probably lighter as well as duller. All that makes sense.

The only thing that bothers me is that it feels unearned since we haven't seen Arya in a decent fight before this. But she's been doing nothing but training and fighting for the past several years so I'd buy it. Just shitty writing.
>>
File: Brienne_by_quickreaver[1].jpg (87KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
Brienne_by_quickreaver[1].jpg
87KB, 800x640px
>>85973213
One thing I've noticed about Brienne is that her kills are more brutal than most characters, despite being one of the "good" guys. They're not gory, but they are very often in the style of executions, very ruthless and audibly painful. I hear from bookfags that the Brienne in the book, despite being a good fighter, is a person who doesn't really enjoy killing, while the one in the show seems excessively brutal. If you wanted to make an admirable, female knight as a role model for girls, why wouldn't they depict her more nobly?

Maybe I'm reading too much nefariousness into this, but it seems more like some kinda twisted fetishism rather than altruistic female empowerment.
>>
>>85974323
Brienne at least is tall, chunky, ugly, and generally mistreated by everyone in the cast. She is a more realistic depiction of a female knight (Some weird freak of nature who probably has way too much testosterone for a woman) and her fight against The Hound was one of the best because of how brutal and disgusting it was. In a lot of media when women fight, they just magically never get hurt, at the very least Brienne gets punched, stabbed, kicked, and bashed in the face until she is bleeding all over.

Arya, on the otherhand, is a 14 year old girl who looks like she weighs 90 pounds while wearing wet clothes. The idea of her magically stabbing through plate armor with her tiny little rapier is laughable.
>>
>>85974977
they did it with nog areo hotah
>>
>>85972496
What would be better, rewatching S1 GoT or reading A Game of Thrones for the first time?
>>
>>85972496
jesus remember when they didnt use the same 3 themes over and over?
>>
>>85975084
The books have a better story but the dialogue is really fucking long winded. It can be tiring to read in long sessions because everyone and their mother talks like some witty, clever professor who meticulously goes over everything.
>>
File: 1364561436883.png (304KB, 490x286px) Image search: [Google]
1364561436883.png
304KB, 490x286px
>>85974832
>Unarmed combat is more about brute strength
>>
>>85974832
Have you ever been in a real fight, competitive fighting or been trained to use a weapon?
>>
>>85975169
It is though.

A bigger guy is always going to be at an advantage over a smaller guy. That's why they have weight classes in boxing.

When weapons are involved, size is less of an issue.
>>
>>85975246
Do you think Bruce Lee could beat up the Mountain?
>>
>>85973213
baka absolutely haram
>>
>>85975296
bruce lee is faster
>>
>>85975255

what is martial arts?
>>
>>85973213
>Brienne is cool because she actually fights like a man, she's a giant woman in plate armour with a large sword
>But lets include dex fighter tiny girl memes anyway
As a related note I would totally marry Brienne and have her give me a dozen strong sons.
>>
>>85975072
>thinking that (((they))) want admirable women as female role models
>>
>>85975366
a joke mostly
>>
>>85975142
>dialogue is utter garbage
>characters are great
I'm still so pissed at the books specially the last two. It gets worse because i know i'm gonna re-read them when winds of winter comes next decade.
>>
>>85975354
I mean maybe if he kicks him in the balls then gouges his eyes out. But if the mountain grabs hold of him, it's over.

>>85975366
Why does boxing have weight classes if size doesn't matter?
>>
>>85975169
correct
>>85975366
>what is martial arts
irrelevant vs someone who's 150 pounds heavier than you
>>
>>85973213
YAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS

SLAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY

QWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN
>>
>>85974156
Straight outta reddit? do us all a favor and never come back here
>>
>>85973213
God no, the only thing Rapier's are good for are fast strikes. Brute swords require brute strength and you lose a lot of energy when you miss a swing/thrust. Rapier's you don't lost so much energy because they are lighter.

Terrible Muriel, terrible.
>>
>>85973213

what anime is this
>>
>>85973213
jesus christ woman
you are 3 times here sizes and probably double her weight. plus you are in full armor. just take a hold of her little needle with your gauntlet and then tackle the bitch to the ground. use your size and weight you fucking idiot
>>
>>85974538
>what exactly was the point of this scene though?

It'll generate tumblr gifs, twitter memes and buzzfeed articles.
>>
>>85973715
>even for a show with magic and dragons and zombies this is too unrealistic

That doesn't discount human physics though. In George universe there is a rule that dragons and "zombies" do exist, but there are no laws set that a little rapier with no special properties can block a greatsword with little effort.

I see this shit argument of "but bu-t muh dragons exist so everything unrealistic is fucking okay"
>>
>>85973213
anime
>>
Isn't Brienne using Valerian steel? Wouldn't it cut through needle like a twig?
>>
>>85975378
It really doesn't seem like that's the intention. Japan produces likable heroines effortlessly, pic related, but for some reason, western media seems hellbent on making most of their strong female characters mean, stoic, and humorless.
>>
>>85975072
she isn´t even show as that good of an warrior in the books.
she never fights the hound in the books but some other mercenary form essos instead and almost loses.
the books present her way more believable
>>
>>85974538
Haven't you ever watched any animus? It's a standard way to show the power levels. If she kills nonames there is no way to gauge her strength, after all guys like Euron can farm whole ship instance by themselves. By showing this scene they established that in her combat prowess arya is close to brienne who is almost the pinnacle of combat power of westeros so basically Arya is one of the top fighters in the world.
>>
>>85973213
masaka...
>>
>>85975529
For one thing, Arya has a smallsword, not a rapier. Smallswords are a quarter the weight of a rapier.

Still, this is a common misconception. Rapiers are just as heavy as any other arming sword, they're just designed to fight in more cramped environments, rather than open field engagements. Other swords were still common during the period that rapiers were popular, but rapiers were courtly swords.
>>
>>85973213
I'd be OK with it if Maisie Williams wasn't so ugly
>>
member when GOT has color and everyone wasn't wearing black?
>>
>>85975762
Samus is just the female version of Doomguy.
>>
>>85975757
it cant break because of power of feminism.
>>
>>85975377
>>Brienne is cool because she actually fights like a man, she's a giant woman in plate armour with a large sword

Yeah I don't understand, everyone already likes Brienne because she's cool and different. Why throw her under the bus and make her look like a bitch just to make some other girl character slightly more "badass"
>>
>>85975366
The hollywood image of some small guy who is super practiced beating someone much larger than him is a myth. Martial artists even at the highest level train and put on as much mass as they can and also have different weight classes.

The truth of the matter is that the whole "redirecting the force!" and "Using your opponents size against them!!!" is utter nonsense. Sure, if you have some big idiot throwing haymakers and tiring himself out the smaller guy can beat him when he is tired, but he is still gonna be dodging around. Not to mention if a smaller guy is just throwing out huge punches, a larger person can easily get out of the way until the smaller guy gets tired out. If someone weighs 100+ pounds over you and has a foot over you, you're not winning if they have even the tiniest bit of training. When someone is just that much stronger than you, you're fucked. It's an unfortunate reality, but it is what it is. Even things like grapples and pins don't work if someone is just so much bigger than you.

t. Some anon who was bulled in elementary school so my parents put me in various martial arts classes until I eventually went into MMA at the age of 15 and have been doing it for 10 years now.
>>
>>85972496
why CIAguy doesn't talk without the forced accent he has in the last season??
>>
File: merchant dollar gif.gif (174KB, 380x165px) Image search: [Google]
merchant dollar gif.gif
174KB, 380x165px
>>85973213
hey there, fellow goy
>>
>>85975366
A meme believed by children.
>>
File: 1351056486235.gif (843KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
1351056486235.gif
843KB, 499x281px
>>85973213
>>
>>85975986
>If someone weighs 100+ pounds over you and has a foot over you
First of all it's extremely rare that someone is going to have 100+ lbs on you unless you're a woman of a small child. Even if a guy does weigh 100 lbs more than you it's unlikley that it's muscle.

Even then, if you strike them in the groin, the eyes, the neck, etc... they will still go down.

Do guys that weigh more have protective plating on their balls or something?
>>
>>85975986
this

https://youtu.be/Aaehn1aY8Ig?t=21

thats the first example, but there are a couple other good ones where the mountain just has to let mcgregor go because if he wanted to he could just clamp down on whatever bodypart he was holding and start manhandling mcgregor with zero problems.

>mountain and connor are sizing eachother up
>connor starts throwing jabs
>eventually gets his wrist caught in the mountains grip
>mountain takes a full step back, yanks connor forward with all 420lbs of meat that he can throw around
>connor is now ridiculously off balance, probably off his feet, being dragged by someone almost 3 times his weight who has the grip strength to farmer carry him and the horse he rode in on back to whatever insane asylum he left when he thought he could out-pugilize a fucking walking muscle
>>
>>85975924
I disagree. The only major things they have in common are that they're both silent protagonists and lone wolves. Doomguy is like a personification of violence and mayhem, fueled by the destruction of his enemies. Samus, despite being officially a bounty hunter, is more of a space explorer and general philanthropist. To Samus, killing is incidental. To Doomguy, killing is existential.
>>
>>85976219
>y the destruction of his enemies.

Samus literally exterminates an entire species and/or planet in every game.
>>
>>85976193
My point is that being stronger and larger is a straight advantage. People in fiction act like if someone is smaller they're magically better in other ways, like they are faster or more dexterous which is simply untrue. 100 pounds is what I was using in this example because of the Arya vs Brienne fight (where Brienne probably has even more than 100 pounds). Even something like 20, 30, or 40 pounds in real life is a significant enough difference to make the fight incredibly difficult to win. This is coming from someone who has fought (in MMA, not in the streets or anything) guys bigger than me and smaller than me, and being bigger is just such an advantage it is incredibly difficult to overcome.

If the small guy is aiming for the eyes or groin, so can the big guy and he is going to do a hell of a lot more damage if he connects. Every sort of tactic that applies to smaller guys also applies to bigger guys, but the bigger guys are simply stronger.
>>
>>85974156
Nothing you said is right
>>
>>85973213
It would be fine if Arya was just dancing around Brienne poking her sides and putting the blade to her vital parts with Brienne constantly missing her because she's just too slow.
>>
>>85974621
>all those 8 year olds breaking Olympic running records
>>
File: Barristan The BOLD.png (70KB, 1037x623px) Image search: [Google]
Barristan The BOLD.png
70KB, 1037x623px
>>85973213
>Ser Barristan Selmy died for this
>>
>>85976368
Well smaller characters in fiction need something to make up for their lack of size. Fights would be pretty boring if the big guy always won. A lot of fiction is about the underdog triumphing against the odds. David defeating Goliath makes for an entertaining and inspiring story.

I agree that having more mass is an advantage (assuming that mass is muscle not fat) but if we're talking about a no hold barred fight between a 150lbs martial artist vs a 220lb bodybuilder, my money is still on the martial artist.

To be fair, I respect what you MMA guys do but you're still subjected to rules right? You can't kick a guy in the balls or gouge his eyes. In a real fight you can and the martial artist is going to have an easier time disabling you that way.

Basically what I'm saying is that I agree that size matters, but I think skill matters more.
>>
>>85976280
Yes, but there's a stark difference in temperaments. Can you imagine Doomguy adopting a cacodemon the same way Samus adopted a metroid? She's a killing machine, but she's also merciful. Mercy is not part of Doomguy's vocabulary.
>>
>>85976576
To be fair David did the exact opposite of trying to take on Goliath in a close quarters fight
>>
How long of real time would it take to watch all Game of Thrones episodes?
>>
>>85976720
3/4 days
>>
>>85974570
ikr you wouldnt think it ever was considering how shit it is now.
>>
>>85973213
Brienne has just too much fucking range and strength
>>
>>85976576
If we're talking about videos and and movies, I agree. I'm not arguing against it from a story telling point of view, I'm talking about it from a realism point of view. GoT is a mixture of realism and fantasy, and it is hard to tell where one begins and the other ends. This thread is mostly just shitposting anyways. It obviously would be boring if every time two guys squared up the smaller dude just got his ass kicked. Think of Indiana Jones fighting the giant nazi, you root for him because he is smaller.

Now when it comes to size vs skill, what you need to understand is that size and skill are both positive traits. It depends on how much size and how much skill. If you're taking someone who is completely untrained and has never fought in their life versus someone smaller, then sure, the smaller person has a decent shot because the bigger guy probably won't even know what to do. That example though, at least in my opinion, is a bit silly.

I'm talking about two people have trained to fight. If there are two people "equally trained" (as if that is even possible) but one of them is larger, they have the advantage. If two people are close, but the smaller guy has slightly more training, I'd still give it to the bigger guy.

I guess my main issue is that often times someone who is bigger is for some reason assumed to be untrained or unrestrained. There is no reason someone who is larger needs to start throwing out punch after punch while he gets blocked and counter attacked. He could be just as quick and nimble as his opponent. The greatest example of this, honestly, is Muhammad Ali. Watch some of his old boxing matches. He is a heavy weight, but he is fast, nimble, and incredibly strong. He was just as well trained as everyone else despite his size, and would very easily knock out people because of his strength, speed, and training.
>>
>>85975391
AFFC and ADWD are so goddamn annoying for how much monotonous bullshit is in them and how little progression of the story there is.
>>
>>85975366
a meme

t. contact sports fag
>>
>>85973213
desu when Brienne booted that little bitch to the ground, rather than standing waiting for her to cute her cute flip up move she should've just walked up and put her boot on her chest and grabbed her knife. Game, set, match.
>>
File: look at this dude.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
look at this dude.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>85972496

whats with the manlet guard
>>
>>85972496
>the mountain riding an ungelded stallion
>loras riding a mare in heat
Devilish
>>
>>85976957
dude you could trip on those capes so easy, i bet they get hella dirty too
>>
>>85976957
Im pretty sure one of those guys are like 6'2 the other one is probably like 5'10. They look short compared to him because hes like 6'7 or 6'9 or something.
>>
>>85973213
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig

watch till the end
>>
>>85977144
already posted ITT, and nobody responded to it then either

muh speedfags clearly btfo
>>
>>85977144

>5,11 vs 6,0
>>
File: mma.png (111KB, 576x469px) Image search: [Google]
mma.png
111KB, 576x469px
>>85977167
Speed and strength are both useless.
>>
>>85977124
>the other one is probably like 5'10
So he's a manlet.
>>
>>85973213
Whats worse, this fight or FUKKIN LEGEND fight with two daggers?
>>
>>85976884

I couldn't even make it through ADWD. So fucking boring and I waited so long for that garbage.
>>
>>85977144
That's a non-fighter fighting the best fighter. And the best is still in danger just on sheer mass.
>>
>>85973213
dex > str
>>
>>85977364
Its kind of shocking to have two close to 1000 page books and so little happen in both of them.
>>
File: whoops.jpg (174KB, 800x469px) Image search: [Google]
whoops.jpg
174KB, 800x469px
>Bran can see everything
>Chaos is a ladder
>Can't see this

PISH!
>>
>>85977397
>>85977144
They're just sparring/play fighting.

Conor could probably just knock him out if he wanted.
>>
>>85977397
if you notice mcgregor is slowly draining the mountain
>>
>>85977517
and the mountain could have snapped him in two the moment he grabbed him instead of letting go
>>
>>85973213
How many episodes leaked?
>>
File: 1488936878896.png (109KB, 244x358px) Image search: [Google]
1488936878896.png
109KB, 244x358px
>>85977516
>>
>>85977517
Connor is 70 kg which is completely fuckall for Mountain, literally not a muscle group on him that cannot carry that weight, grab a limb and he could just swing him around.
>>
>>85975762
Shut up weeb
>>
>>85977516
>>85977653
He just doesn't care. He probably realizes that telling them is just gonna lead to more problems, because The Vale is pretty fucking important.
>>
>>85977595
If you think size is all that matters then why don't you challenge Conor?

He only weighs 154lbs. Surely there are some people in this thread that weigh more than that. You think you could take him?
>>
>>85976576
>You can't kick a guy in the balls or gouge his eyes. In a real fight you can and the martial artist is going to have an easier time disabling you that way.

In a "real fight" it isn't a realistic way to fight anyways.

The guy will have his stance bladed even if they're untrained since it's naturally more stable, and the smaller guy will be punching upwards to hit the face/eyes/neck, while the bigger guy will have the advantage in punching down on the smaller guys face.

Attacking someone that's unprepared, sure.

Skill only matters to a point. Once you get into 4' 11" defender vs. 6' 4" attacker territory, it almost doesn't matter how well trained the smaller person is. The larger person will have such a reach and weight advantage that defense and attack becomes trivial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cq6rVDcysw
>>
>>85973213
What is Arya supposed to do with that tiny fucking dagger against Briennes armor?
>>
>>85973213
you know that brienne wasnt taking her seriously at the start right? she didnt want to splat arya in front of sansa, she get serious after warming up
>>
>>85977144
dude could have just smothered connor when he had his leg trapped. The mountain could have received a few punches, but it would have been over if he had connors neck.
>>
>>85972542
Pick any scene from the last 2 seasons.
>>
>>85977686
>Conor kills himself after wrestling the 3rd extremely sweaty 400 lbs hambeast off
>>
File: 1501966062607.jpg (13KB, 527x356px) Image search: [Google]
1501966062607.jpg
13KB, 527x356px
>>85972542
to this
>>
>>85977754

Exactly what she did in the webm?
>>
>>85977686
>If you think size is all that matters then why don't you challenge Conor?
If size doesn't matter why isn't Conor challenging Jon Jones for the heavyweight title? Why is he boxing 150lb Floyd Mayweather instead of 250lb Anthony Joshua?

You must be being obtuse on purpose. 300lbs of muscle beats 150lbs of muscle regardless of skill, why do you think all fighting sports have weight classes?
>>
>>85978228
Obviously because he's a bit busy.
>>
>>85978352
kek
>>
>>85978228
Wouldn't be surprised if he did move up a couple weight classes if he does end up beating Mayweather.
>>
>>85978228
Why even argue with a cretin? It's more than obvious from watching the video McGregor would have shat himself the second he made the smallest mistake against all that weight.
>>
>>85973213
That puny little blade would break in a single hit.
>>
File: 1340321416410.jpg (11KB, 381x421px) Image search: [Google]
1340321416410.jpg
11KB, 381x421px
lads what is the consensus on the kino seasons of GOT

my gf has watched none of it and I havent rewatched any of the seasons since they came out

are seasons 1-3 the ones worth watching?
>>
>>85976720
Dude i watched most of it in my summer vac: playing vidya while at it. Best normie imvestiment.
>>
File: 1438413878244.png (80KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1438413878244.png
80KB, 250x250px
>>85973213
EEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Arya looks so happy, she's the best at fighting
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>85979044
The Bolton Saga is where all the actual good shit and fighting happens, so season 5/6
>>
>>85979044
1-2 is kino, 3 is alright. Avoid the others.
>>
>>85978972
It was a character driven show. Just think of every charismatic actor that got killed off along the way leaving the whole thing with tumblr numale, unwatchable cast. Ned, tywin, roose, stannis. All veteran actors that carried the show. Now there's almost no one and all that's left is garbage
>>
File: kino.jpg (42KB, 296x500px) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
42KB, 296x500px
>>85979219
>>
>>85972496
>fuzzymerchant.png
>>
>>85979312
>>85979044
>>
>>85973213
>does a kip up and sticks her face straight forward at the enemy
Christly fuck, no way that little fucking rapier is getting through plate over chainmail. Imagine her trying to fight Bobby in his prime like that.
>>
>>85979044
Season 3 is where things start to go to shit but Tywin carries the show

Avoid season 5 and up though
>>
>>85976957
>>85977124
that's movie magic bruh.
put the shortest people they can get, and put them in this scene to increase the look of the height of Ser Gregor. Conan Stevens is over 7 feet btw.
>>
It's magic you autists.
Real life fighting is fucking boring.
>>
>>85972496
>You could even buy a friend!

Terrible bants
>>
File: 1501447716466.webm (3MB, 850x479px) Image search: [Google]
1501447716466.webm
3MB, 850x479px
>>85975072
"The noble swordsman" is one of the main tropes the book series flips on its head. All the fights are brutal, bloody, and horrific, like they'd be in real life. The people who fight are fighting for their lives, nobility doesn't really play into it. Watch this webm and imagine how horrible the real thing would've been.
>>
>>85979603
>it's boring when sword swings have force to them and armored knights do what actually makes sense
>I'd rather watch top 10 anime battles starring arya the goblin stark and her unparalleled speed and needle sword
>>
File: 1501444580315.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1501444580315.webm
2MB, 720x405px
>>85979710
This one as well.
>>
>>85979718
Yeah it's fucking boring.
Look at all the webms posted, it's just two people frantically moving around until they attack and in two seconds someone gets cut and dies.
The real world is shit, that's why we have fantasy, get over it already.
>>
>>85979044
1-2 are really great

3 is good

4 is mediocre

5 is really, really bad. It's the worst season by far.

6 is "better" but being better than 5 is not much of a compliment

7 is shaping up to be better than 5 as well, but even that isn't saying much.
>>
>>85979834
No? Actually pay attention to the webm. They're practicing how to counter each other. In a real fight between 2 skilled fighters all sorts of technical and complex techniques would come into play, but it's not gonna be interesting unless the actual skill of it is properly displayed.
>>
>>85980023
Agreed to the first five. Six is better than 4 as well for me, and seven is shaping up to be either the worst or second worst.
>>
File: swollo.jpg (45KB, 736x412px) Image search: [Google]
swollo.jpg
45KB, 736x412px
>>85973213
Ive only seen a few episodes here and there, but is that big bitch really trying to kill the girl?
Seems like they're just sparing, and the obviously better fighter is just testing the little one with some feigned aggression..
>>
>>85979710
>>85979759
Yes, violence is vicious and often quick, but these sparring hits are not executions. Seriously, go back and look at her fight scenes. She has a strong tendency to kill people when they are either on their back or on their knees, almost never on their feet. It's very strange tonally.
>>
>>85979759
damn that parry at 0:04 is fucking noice
>>
>>85977516
Why don't you think he saw that?
>>
>>85980450
>but is that big bitch really trying to kill the girl?
No, they're sparring.
>>
>>85980814
then why is everyone complaining?
obviously shes using fraction of her strength/technique to let the girl practice her form.
>>
>>85980907
>then why is everyone complaining?
Oh my sweet summer child...
>>
>>85980907
>then why is everyone complaining?
Autism mostly.
And it's how underages and newfags fit in here-- bashing popular shit arbitrarily.
>>
>>85978026

Actually nothing?
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.