[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is there the mind of an old white man in each of the black

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Get-Out-movie-song.jpg (125KB, 1013x596px) Image search: [Google]
Get-Out-movie-song.jpg
125KB, 1013x596px
So is there the mind of an old white man in each of the black servants in this film? Who would want the life of a robot servant, regardless of race, seems like a bad idea.

Were they just hypnotized?
>>
this movie could have been a 9/10 but it had to go and be so damn predictable and become a 7
>>
>>85960025
Genuinely curious, how would you have improved it?
>>
sounds like you need to rewatch it, you mook
>>
>>85959994
The idea is they only act like servants to outsiders.
>>
>>85960054
Easy. Removed all the coloreds that were in the cast and crew.
>>
>>85959994
The two "servants" at the Armitage house were actually the grandmother and grandfather of the family, transplanted into younger bodies. The others weren't really servants. The guy who got kidnapped was used by that lady's husband, for instance.
>>
>>85960087
it is a minor distinction if you do not know the answer to this. rewatch probably not necessary.
>>
>>85960173
oH! I did a poor viewing if I missed this point, somehow.
>>
>>85960123
why didn't they just stay in a hotel until everything was finished. They only made things worse by acting so suspiciously.
>>
>>85960126
I think the fact they only used black people for the transplant process helps to cover up what's actually happening longer. Making it all white people, or some demographically appropriate mix would have played up the Armitage's desire for eternal youth and control as a theme (depicting it perhaps as a corruption of nature), at the cost of the racial tension, which might make the movie more interesting. On the other hand, the racial tension makes most of the scenes at the house very uncomfortable for pretty much anyone to watch, which adds to the horror aspect.
>>
>>85960173
What's stupid though is that the grandparents are acting like weirdos. Why is that? At first I thought they were zombies or whatever but then we learn it's white peoples' brains in black bodies. But why the fuck do they have to act so awkward?

Why did they even act as servants? Couldn't they just pretend they're neighbours or friends or whatever?

This movie is filled with bullshit like that and I'm surprised it gets so much praise. Only the cinematography is okay.
>>
>>85959994
You need to rewatch it
>>
>>85960555
>Why did they even act as servants? Couldn't they just pretend they're neighbours or friends or whatever?
they had to pass as black people, what they thought of as characteristic of black people.
>>
>>85960555
They don't know how to act. That was then trying to be normal black people.
>>
>>85960627
Was this only alluded to by the gf saying "Grandma...: as bf drives away?
>>
>>85960717
And when the male servant goes after Chris, Rose says "get him, Grandpa". This is also why she doesn't expect him to turn on her after Chris uses the camera flash to disrupt the hypnosis.
>>
You guys are all forgetting that they transplant MOST of the brain to the host body. A tiny portion at the top of the brain stem is left which handles...I dunno, whatever they said it does. This is the part that is activated when Chappelle-looking guy gets cameraflashed in the face. The grandparents act weird because, according to the movie rules, the two brain components are in direct conflict and sometimes the black person comes up for air, so to speak. I would also just assume that that type of surgery will turn the person a little fucking crazy. And they acted as servants because that was their best idea of blending in those two characters so 15 Million Merits guy didn't get suspicious. They probably just hang around like normal whenever mandible girl isn't bringing over new hosts.

And for anyone who didn't like the over the top TSA friend...why don't you like fun? Who hurt you?
>>
>>85960717
Its more than just that. I don't remember all the specific scenes just rewatch the damn thing. It wasn't hard to follow you just warnt paying attention.
>>
>>85960848
Nah you're right, this one's on me.
>>
>>85960787
The other guy didn't seem weird, maybe the grandma and the grandpa had a beta version of the surgery. Or maybe they're just weird people
>>
>>85960968
He was weird as fuck. You don't know many black people do you?
>>
>>85961025
more than u
>>
>>85961025
I'm not american. Black people where i live are not very different from the rest of the population.
I thought he seemed like an old man from a rich family.
>>
>>85959994
Its a 90 minute Microsoft ad, Steve Jobs / Wallace Breen was the bad guy. You're not supposed to think too hard.
>>
>>85961075
>I thought he seemed like an old man from a rich family.
Yes which is why it was weird for a young American black man to act this way.
>>
>>85961229
But he still looked like a normal person, even if it didn't fit the young afro-american.
Grandma and Grandpa were in a completely different league.
>>
>>85960717
No. The dad explains to the Chris that grandpa was an Olympic sprinter who lost to Jesse Owens, then like a scene later he gets caught in the backyard doing sprints. I forget what if they say why the grandma did but they show her admiring her body in the mirror when nobody's looking.
Actually showing their white versions explaining the whole plot to Chris in video form.
Him forgetting this and trying to save the grandma, leading to her stabbing him screaming "YOU RUINED MY HOUSE" or something.
It was built up the entire movie
>>85960787
>And for anyone who didn't like the over the top TSA friend...why don't you like fun? Who hurt you?
The movie in general is more comedic than people seem to paint it as. How obvious something was wrong and Chris's reasons for writing them off are a part of it. Most of the satirizing of the horror genre comes from him.
"The maid is acting really suspicious, she's probably just mad I'm dating a white woman."
Chris might have actually been played too straight and the humor in his lines probably didn't register as much to a non-American. Samuel L Jackson was right about this. It made his TSA agent seem more out of place when he shouldn't have.
>>
>>85960712
>I don't know how to act like a black person
>I'd better act like an autistic paraplegic wierdo, this will surely work!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.