[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everyone hates this guy in SPR er he's a journalist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: picture-2.png (281KB, 628x350px) Image search: [Google]
picture-2.png
281KB, 628x350px
>everyone hates this guy in SPR

er he's a journalist and translator, not a soldier, he LITERALLY did nothing wrong!
>>
>>85952993
He was LITERALLY a fucking pussy, who we're expected to believe turned a corner by shooting an unarmed prisoner
>>
He literally is a soldier though. Using the real definition of literally.
>>
>>85953870
Miller saw that he was a pussy the second he met him. Why take him on a a dangerous mission then?

The poor guy wasn't there to fight, he was a desk worker. Miller literally scared this guy for life though his retardation. Some men aren't cut out for combat and that's that.
>>
LOOK I WASHED FOR SUPPER
>>
>>85952993
You're a soldier first, your specialty is secondary. He was a poor soldier and shouldn't have been there in the first place, but I assume he was probably only their to further the story.
>>
>>85953979
>tfw those guys were actually czechs but most people who saw this film without access to the internet never knew
b-bash the fash!
>>
>>85952993
He wasn't a journalist. Do some of you people even pay attention to the moving you're watching? He literally says his job is to translate maps and shit. He was an intel/headquarters fag, not a Ranger or airborne infantryman so I'm not surprised he wasn't exactly a cold-blooded killer. But to sit on your ass while one of your fellow soldiers is literally fighting for his life marks Upham as a huge pussy deserving of the audience's derision.
>>
>>85953944
Miller needed a guy who could speak French and German, the two most in-demand languages in the U.S. military in the European theater. What was he supposed to do?

"Can you find me another French and German linguist, battalion commander? This one seems like a huge pussy. I mean, virtually every unit would kill to have a good linguist on hand so there probably a highly sought resource, but I feel like being picky..."

Also, Miller needed every swinging dick in Ramelle to defend the bridge. What was he supposed to do with Upham?

"Hey pussy. I know you're scared shitless, so you can just sit this one out."

He gave him a job that didn't require much combat skill: an ammo bitch.
>>
>>85952993
this is why conscription is a bad idea
>>
File: 1501771259435.png (341KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501771259435.png
341KB, 720x960px
How can one man make me so angry? Same thing with the twink from fury
>>
>>85954512
you didn't either get real
>>
>>85952993
Upham: It's just that I haven't held a weapon since basic training, sir.
Miller: Did you fire the weapon in basic training?
Upham: Yes sir.
Miller: Then get your gear.

He is a soldier. He was trained for combat. Sucks to be him, but those were the breaks.

Besides, for WWII, it's not like they had to scrape around and drag people into the war. Some guys would kill themselves if they were listed as 4-F. People signed up in droves. My grandfather tried to enlist, but an old shoulder injury labeled him as 4-F, so he went and worked in the shipyards instead as a welder on battleships. Everybody wanted to fight or contribute. There's a reason they're called the Greatest Generation.
>>
>>85955347
i mean there was no twitter to check at the time so you might as well shoot gooks
>>
File: 1494177175373.gif (944KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1494177175373.gif
944KB, 360x240px
>>85952993
All of those men died because of Tom Hank's chocies, it's hardly Upham's fault that Jew boy died, if he hadn't died when the german snuck up on him then he would have died later on the way to The Alamo.
>>
My problem is that he only killed the guy when he had him as a captor. He just straight up murder him like a coward after cowering before him and he showed him mercy.
>>
>>85955200
I wouldn't want someone who was forced to fight to be beside me in a war. It's just bad for everyone.
>>
>trying to play pubg with my friend
>he's literally the crying guy every round
>>
>>85955347
>basic training is all you need to make it through the horrors of war
>>
>>85955456
He was fucked in the head after everything that happened. He didn't show mercy, he just wanted to get the fuck out of there and no reason to stop and risk getting killed because you wanna kill some random American.
>>
>>85955522
Worked well enough for the other millions of soldiers who fought.
>>
>>85955347
>Upham shot a gun!
>therefore he is ready to be a killing machine and end men's lives on a whim

61.2% of American soldiers were drafted in ww2.(as per the nation ww2 museum says) Far less were throwing themselves into war like you claim.
>>
>>85955664
>In a squad of 10 men, on average fewer than three ever fired their weapons in combat. Day in, day out — it did not matter how long they had been soldiers, how many months of combat they had seen, or even that the enemy was about to overrun their position. This was what the highly regarded Brigadier General Samuel Lyman Atwood Marshall, better known as S.L.A. Marshall, or ‘Slam,’ concluded in a series of military journal articles and in his book, Men Against Fire, about America’s World War II soldiers. Marshall had been assigned as a military analyst for the U.S. Army in both the Pacific and Europe. The American, he concluded, comes ‘from a civilization in which aggression, connected with the taking of life, is prohibited and unacceptable….The fear of aggression has been expressed to him so strongly and absorbed by him so deeply and pervadingly — practically with his mother’s milk — that it is part of the normal man’s emotional make-up. This is his great handicap when he enters combat. It stays his trigger finger even though he is hardly conscious that it is a restraint upon him.’

Killing isn't as easy as everyone on this site claims, not for many people.
>>
File: IMG_9815.jpg (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9815.jpg
24KB, 200x200px
>>85952993
Fuck off, he committed a war crime by shooting an unarmed surrendered POW

>it's alright when yanks do it

Real dindu niffin coming through
>>
Fubar.
>>
>>85955808
i'd kill you muthafucka
>>
>>85955808
Too bad Slam's finding are heavily disputed and based on rather limited and unverified data.

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/1356

http://www.newsweek.com/myth-military-history-94505
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.