[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be jeopardy contestant >spill your guts telling your life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1189.jpg (46KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1189.jpg
46KB, 800x480px
>be jeopardy contestant
>spill your guts telling your life story and describing your hobbies to alex trebek
>he just says “okaygoodforyou” and moves on

What the FUCK is this guy’s problem?
>>
he's in jeopardy
>>
That is honestly my least favorite part of the show.

Just get on to the questions, I don't fucking care about the their careers or any of that shit.
>>
He does seem quite condescending sometimes. I guess he just doesn't give a fuck anymore since he knows he'll retire pretty soon. The show seriously won't be the same without him.
>>
He barely keeps it together in front of the cameras. I'll bet he has a secret dungeon-castle where he has all kinds of weird cocaine fueled sex. Also, the word is that he's hung like a fire hose.
>>
>>85946812
Why should he care. He's there forever, you maybe a month or two tops.
>>
theyve got a schedule to keep, its the contestants fault for genuinely thinking alex, the studio audience, the tv audience, or the producers gives a fuck. frankly the segment still exists only for comedic value
>>
K E B E R T
X E L A
>>
I've taken the online test a few times, to no avail so far, but if I ever got accepted and moved on into the process, I have no idea what I would use as my story that would make me interesting

I've lived a very boring life
>>
>>85947131
thats what copypasta is for
>>
So how does this show work? Do they give you the categories before you go on so you have a vague idea of what to expect and study for, or do these people just know a shit ton of trivia?
>>
>>85947131
It's okay, half the people who go on there have riveting life stories like
>I have a cat named mister paws, one time he fell down
>>
>>85946812
He's a shit-headed Canuck.

Reminder to boycott Leaf shows, movies, music, and more. They're trying to take over Hollywood (and, by extension, America) with their maple propaganda.
>>
it's actually a thing that he's not supposed to be too nice, there used to be q&a shows that had to be shut down because contestants were being helped by staff

>>85947514
no, they film 5 episodes a day
it's not clear who is going to be on each episode, it's unfair for the reigning champ to be in the dark while other contestants know
>>
>>85947010
this

it's infuriating when they "don't have time" to finish the 2nd round
>>
>>85947514
A decent portion of the questions are things you can study for. Geography (particularly capitals), Shakespeare, U.S. Presidents, characters, settings and plots of most major pieces of literature, etc. But they aren't told in advance.
>>
>>85947010
I like it because I like to notice how, whenever they have a guest on a several show streak, final jeopardy will always be a question that directly pertains to the career or life of one of the challengers. Just a strange coincidence that happens over and over again.
>>
>>85946812
https://youtu.be/SjSy4z27c78
>>
File: pp.jpg (9KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
9KB, 236x236px
*blocks your path

>>85947853
can you post an example?
>>
JEFF
>>
File: ss2.jpg (141KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ss2.jpg
141KB, 1366x768px
>me on the left
>>
>>85947514
I'm this guy >>85947131 and I'm a trivia nut so it comes all pretty naturally to me

One thing that makes Jeopardy superior than bar trivia or other shows is that even if you don't know the exact answer, the questions usually come with clues that can help you take educated guesses

For example, a bar trivia q might be "What is LeBron's nickname" while Jeopardy would ask it "LeBron has this 'regal' nickname"

You can derive king from regal where the bar q you just need to know
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.