[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /tv/ As a feminist, how do you feel about Temple of Doom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: temple of ugh.jpg (85KB, 592x429px) Image search: [Google]
temple of ugh.jpg
85KB, 592x429px
So, /tv/

As a feminist, how do you feel about Temple of Doom? It's recently been revealed that, even though Crystal Skull exists, Temple of Doom is Spielberg's least favorite Indiana Jones film.

What is your opinion on female representation and intersectionality on screen in regards to Temple of Doom?
>>
>>85933930
temple of doom is the worst indy movie, and you don't have to be a feminist to find that character annoying and pointless
>>
>>85933930

they should've taken out that blond bimbo character
>>
who fucking cares
>>
>>85933930
It used to be my favorite when I was a little kid, because it's got the easiest to follow plot, and young me got a kick out of shortround. But yeah, looking back it's definitely the weakest of the classic three (even if it does have the utterly based minecart chase).
>>
>>85934057
Umm?? Womyn and young girls/femmes everywhere care, asshole.
>>
>>85933930
Spielberg hates it because she was his bitch wife and she fucked him over.

shes annoying as fuck in that movie so I imagine living with her for years must be Hell.
>>
This is obvious bait, but Lucas and Spielberg have always been pretty open about Willie being a shit character on purpose. They both went through pretty rough divorces while writing the movie and took out some of their anger on her.
>>
Temple of Doom>Last Crusade
>>
>>85934153
So literal rape
>>
>>85933930
ToD is the best Indy movie
fite me if you want
>>
File: incommingmitch.jpg (219KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
incommingmitch.jpg
219KB, 960x540px
>>85933930
>I'm offended at this damsel in distress so I'm going to sit here and complain until someone comes to rescue me
got my fuckin noggin joggin that's for sure.
>>
>>85933930
lady only in film bcuz she sleeping with director

this is zerowave feminism bros. it shows exactly where misogynistic casting gets you: a great film ruined by your old fling
>>
>OKEY DOKEY DOCTOR JONES!

this movie is racist AND sexist.
the master tapes must be deleted it should be banned from broadcast.
>>
File: wearegoingtodie[1].gif (426KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
wearegoingtodie[1].gif
426KB, 500x400px
Whatever flaws this film has are all forgiven by this single scene.
>>
Stop baiting those retards from /pol/, OP.

T.hanks.
>>
File: 1487753080413.jpg (39KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1487753080413.jpg
39KB, 680x510px
>>85933930
Representation is pointless.
You are not a superhero, your life isn't an action movie, you don't have powers, you are not a soldier, you are just a completely average person who was bored and decided to kill some free time watching a movie.
>>
>when the british imperialists are the good guys

you couldn't get away with this today, also this is the best scene in the whole godforsaken movie, close followed by the begining in Shanghai

https://youtu.be/WFFgSu2fnGI?t=5m49s
>>
but if you stuck a western woman in the middle of the Indian jungle thats exactly how she would act. there is nothing sexist about it.
>>
>>85934157

This
>>
>>85934328
Every single woman is brilliant, sensual, and powerful and not a single woman would ever act like she did.

Fuck you, nazi shithole lick
>>
I only like Raiders out of all the Indy films. Temple of Doom has too much of Lucas' inability to maintain tone and Last Crusade has too much slapstick humour in it. Crystal Skull... I'll have to rewatch.
>>
Temple of Doom has what I consider to be the absolute BEST "missed sex scene" in a movie.
Imagine if Indy actually had sex with Willie in that Indian palace. Name a better ALMOST sex scene.
>>
"Short Round" now works as a gay hairdresser in England.
>>
>>85934328
That's honestly how I would act probably. Indians are disgusting.
>>
File: 1490175491750.png (74KB, 662x635px) Image search: [Google]
1490175491750.png
74KB, 662x635px
>>85934153
>They both went through pretty rough divorces while writing the movie and took out some of their anger on her.
>Spielberg then proceeded to marry the actress
>>85934157
Fuck off, Last Crusade is the best Indiana Jones movie
>>
>>85933930
This is the one, and hopefully only, time I can agree with a male feminist.
Temple of Doom is probably the weakest of the 3 originals.
>>
>>85934477
he only cuts gay's hairs? how queer

you just outted yourself yah dumb homo
>>
>>85934639
all male hairdressers are gay, Sherlock.
>>
File: Jonathan Ke Quan main.jpg (44KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
Jonathan Ke Quan main.jpg
44KB, 590x590px
>>85934477

"Short Round" looks like Jackie Chan and is 45 years old.

fuck, how time flies
>>
>>85934690
True, but there is an important distinction to be made between "male hairdresses" and "male barbers."

It is scientifically impossible to be a male barber and be anything but a straight, scotch-drinkin motherfucker and scientifically impossible to be a male hairdresser without being a musical theater-loving, wrist flapping power-bottom, despite both jobs being quite similar.
>>
>>85934788
its because women wouldnt trust a straight man touching their hair and men wouldnt want a fairy touching their hair.

its actually a job requirement.
>>
i watch the trilogy recently
Temple of Doom was not as bad as I remembed.
Raiders - 10/10
Temple - 7/10
Crusade - 9/10 (theres some da vinci code tier detective work in this)
Crysal - 6/10
>>
>>85934576
>Last Crusade is the best Indiana Jones movie

It's a slapstick comedy
>>
>>85935009
I.... yes. This might be the first time I ever agree with a /tv/ rating list.

Like... huh. What the fuck do ya know. Yeah, This is it. Go home.
>>
>>85934306
i think we can all agree that
british > thugs

Not that the british raj was much worse than the
moguls, the afghan warlords, the french, the portuguese, the danes, the prussians, the aryans, the turks, the scytes, the persians or the greek goverments. British are more guilty of the things they didn't do in India (see the famines)

>>85934471
ToD it's a fucking fucking great script.
>>
Temple > Raiders > Last Crusade > Young Indiana Jones > Crystal Skull
>>
>>85934119
More like he had an awful time shooting this scene (Spielberg has vertigo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrhQM8lkX8A
>>
>>85933930
To be quite honest, she was fucking retardedly written. Every other scene she complains about her nails or her hair with the scene where Indy and Shortround need her to pull the lever as the fucking epitome. I hate her character so goddamn much.
>>
>>85935009

pretty close but change crystal to 3/10
>>
>>85935471

>When I was at Dreamworks working on Antz, I had an idea for a scene that took place on a high, narrow bridge. As it happened, Spielberg was in the room during the pitch meeting and so I pitched the scene and added “you know, like the end of Temple of Doom,” at which point Spielberg closed his eyes like he had a headache and said, with no small amount of anguish, “I hated that scene.” And I could barely think of what I was supposed to say next about my own project, because all I wanted to say was “What? You hated that scene? But, but — you’re Steven Spielberg! And when you shot Temple of Doom you were at the peak of your powers! What power could have compelled you to shoot a scene you hated that much?” This moment bothered me for years, rolling around in my head — how, why, would Spielberg shoot a scene he hated? I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the “making of” DVD and the mystery was solved: Spielberg explains that while shooting Temple of Doom he found out, too late, that he has a fear of heights. This fear kept him from shooting the bridge scene the way he had planned (he literally could not make it more than a third of the way out onto the bridge without breaking out in a cold sweat) and he spent the entire shooting of the sequence in a state of physical discomfort. Needless to say, the bridge scene did not make into the script for Antz.

http://www.toddalcott.com/spielberg-indiana-jones-and-the-temple-of-doom-part-2.html
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.