[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here have trouble watching old action movies? They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 80s-action-heroes.jpg (258KB, 700x309px) Image search: [Google]
80s-action-heroes.jpg
258KB, 700x309px
Anyone else here have trouble watching old action movies? They're stiff and boring as fuck compared to today's movies. I watched Predator for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was slow as shit. The only one I've been interested in is Die Hard, and maybe Lethal Weapon (mainly for the comedy parts though). I get bored watching anything older than 1995 unless it's drama or comedy tbqh.

>inb4 bait
No, it's not bait just because someone has a different opinion than you
>inb4 underage millennial
Yeah, I am a millennial, I'm not underage
>inb4 OP can't inb4
Fuck off, faggot
>>
lol haha lmfAO bruh xD kek
>>
I have trouble watching new action movies because they're edited horribly for people with adhd like you
>>
>>85930139
well, what are your favorite recent action movies?
>>
>>85930139
Your shitty movie taste can't be cured. I feel sad for you.
>>
internet zeżarł ci mózg opie
>>
>>85930139
>hates Predator
>thinks his opinion matters
>>
Le ebin bait
>>
>>85930278
Mad Max, Raid Redemption, John Wick 1 + 2, The Accountant, Deadpool, Kingsman, etc.
>>
>>85930397
I didn't hate it, I thought some parts were pretty alright. I just didn't enjoy it that much.
>>85930287
>haha bro, classic movies xD awesome, wow they don't make em like they used too haha muh nostalgia!
I hate faggots like you that pretend like everything from their childhood is perfecfion, and that everything else is garbage.
>>
>>85930470
Like one of the anons above me mentioned, it might because you have ADHD. New action movies follow formula to keep your attention by adding action sequences every 10-20 minutes. You have no patience for suspense or a decent setup of plot.
>>
>>85930625
Building suspense isn't the point of action movies though. Thrillers and horror films are meant to be suspenseful. Action movies are meant to convey action scenes.
>>
>>85930564
Now now, no need to get rude. Hollywood is pleased that people without taste exist. You serve a function, be proud.
>>
>>85930139
You've got a solid point, and it goes for virtually all older movies regardless of genre. Those old black and white films can be brutal.

I find older films (and older pop culture) a lot easier to digest when I watch it to better understand where modern entertainment came from. While that doesn't mean you should feel you have to love that old stuff, it's a great way to appreciate a huge part of past society and its existence. We don't keep making Shakespeare movies because the masses find it anything other than boring, we keep making them to preserve the heritage of pop culture and better understand tropes that are a basic part of the human experience regardless of time period.
>>
>>85930470
>Kingsman
Opinion discarded.
>>
File: IMG_3949.jpg (52KB, 486x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3949.jpg
52KB, 486x604px
>>85930139
>likes Deadpool and Kingsman better than Predator and Lethal Weapon
What's going on in this thread
>>
File: dplwp.jpg (148KB, 460x1292px) Image search: [Google]
dplwp.jpg
148KB, 460x1292px
>>85931506
Kek, it looks like the rest of the world agrees with me
>>
90s kid here but I know what you mean

it's because you've seen similar tropes over and over again by now so the "build up" is obvious and unnecessary

you have to remember these movies did it first
>>
>>85931823
That's because most people have shitty taste.
>>
>>85931823
>not posting the average rating
>>
>>85930139
Not everything has to appeal to everyone.
A lot of fondness for older movies, just like with everything, comes from positive circumstances surrounding it during first watch.

For example, the movies I've personally enjoyed most are the ones I watched with my brother, family or best friends because we joked around or had a good time in general before/after, even if they're objectively not the greatest.

Same goes for modern (action) movies.
If I'd seen Deadpool by myself, I'd have probably been mad after, but since I was with my bro, I enjoyed it.
>>
>>85931823
>RT
>rest of the world
really activates me
>>
>>85931823
>a handful of critics on Rotten Tomatoes is the rest of the world
>Rotten Tomatoes is always right
Spider-Man Homecoming got a 92% on RT and it was utter garbage.
>>
>>85930139
Rapid fire editing and shaky cam aren't cinema.
>>
>>85930470
PPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>85930470
I'd say those are pretty decent action movies, if you wanna watch pre-1995 stuff I'd recommend John Woo films. Plus any of the old Hong Kong action movies. Those are pretty kinetic and action focused.
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 555x568px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 555x568px
>>85931823
>>
>>85930139
>all those inb4's
>all that insecurity and defensiveness
>shit opinions
fuck off summerfag
>>
>>85931823

Have you ever seen the general public? Go to a mall, sporting event, whatever. MOST people are fucking retarded. I wouldn't trust the average person to recommend a type of water bottle let alone a movie.

Also, you must be a young faggot to rely on these sites
>>
>>85930822
predator is much more of a scifi thriller than an action movie though

apart from the beginning sequence it mainly consists of an unseen power killing machos one by one
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.