[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it just my theater or was this movie loud as fuck for anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Dunkirk_Film_poster.jpg (127KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkirk_Film_poster.jpg
127KB, 220x326px
Was it just my theater or was this movie loud as fuck for anyone else?

My ears were getting shredded by those fucking planes and gun shots.
>>
I'm with you there. The bullets hitting the sides of Tom Hardy's cockpit and the moments when the German bombers were right over the soldiers were the worst. My ears felt roughed up walking out of the theater. It might just be a Nolan thing though, I recall the train scene in Inception being deafening in the IMAX theater I was in.
>>
>>85926416
Yeah I didn't know if it was an artistic move or if my theater just fucked up on the volume levels. It certainly added to the film, made those scenes scarier and more intense, but fuck my ears were aching by the end.
>>
>>85926225
Now imagine actually being there.
I bet 99% of WWII vets got hearing damage
>>
>>85926225
Nolan movies have always been loud as far as I can recall. I remember debating on whether or not to take ear plugs the second time I went to see the Dark Knight because the gun shots were super loud. Even the punches sounded like they resonated through the persons body.
>>
>>85926225
It was so loud that we were getting audio buzz in the dialogue. I'd imagine it was the theater, not the mastering in the film, either way it was pretty unbearable
>>
>>85926225
There's a story that Dunkirk veterans went to see the movie and commented that it was very quiet compared to real life as there was constant fighting and bombings.
>>
My theater wasn't really equipped for it and the speakers started vibrating really hard in the scene where the torpedoed ship collapses and it literally sounded like the back wall of the theater was about to come down on me since I was right next to it. That immersion though.
>>
Was it just my theater or was this movie BORING AS FUCK for anyone else?

My mind was getting shredded by those fucking reviews sucking its dick when absolutely nothing fucking happens, not even dialogues in a fucking hour.

In all honesty, technically and visually it's stunning, but it's getting the free pass on the unnecesary slow narrative (or lack of it in a fucking hour) and thetawave inducing sleep.
>>
>>85926225
DA JOOS ARE TRYING TO MAKE US DEAF
>>
>>85927872
Epic trole
>>
>>85926225
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
it being so loud was a good thing
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.