[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>charge $15 per ticket >still make don't make more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: -1x-1[1].png (45KB, 1200x596px) Image search: [Google]
-1x-1[1].png
45KB, 1200x596px
>charge $15 per ticket
>still make don't make more money

How long will Hollywood last?
>>
>>85887102
I wonder how much a movie actually costs. before the inflated paychecks and hollyjew accounting come in that is.
>>
>>85887102
Give them a few more decades. By mid-century, Hollywood is going to be a shadow of itself.

Streaming has paved the way to bypass the middleman and go straight to the consumer. Nolan can bitch about Netflix all he wants, but why the fuck should people shell out 15 bucks to be in an overcrowded room full of loud smelly people. The "movie-going experience" is outdated as fuck.
>>
>>85888486
>The "movie-going experience" is outdated as fuck
Wrong.
>>
Where thew fuck do you live where tickets are $15?
>>
>>85888648
Why the fuck should anyone want to go a theater nowadays when they can easily DL a movie in the comfort of their own home and sit back with their gf/wife or buddies?
>>
>>85887102
15 bucks? Where the fuck do you live?? I'd love to pay 15 bucks
>>
>>85888844
because people are desperate to escape the daily routine.
>>
>>85888386
kys ignorant pig.
>>
>>85888903
he didn't include the crablegs.
>>
>>85888814
>$22 AUD for a regular ticket. $42 for gold class
Gold Coast Australia reporting in.
>>
>>85888966
what the fuck is a gold class ticket?
>>
>>85888844
You know to "get out " now and then, you should try it.
>>
>>85888966
So that's like $3.50 in real money
>>
>>85887102
The system was fucked up so I only got charged $5 to see Dunkirk
>>
>>85888966
Go to sleep cunt it's like 5am
>>
>>85889027
Not even worth it
>>
>>85888814
Not OP, but Philly. I really don't know why I'm still here.
>>
>>85888844
Because it's neat to go out to see things on a massive screen in the darkness with a huge soundsystem blaring around you
>>
>>85889084
and anyone who gives a shit probably owns a big screen, a dark room, and a good sound setup. normal human beings don't go to the theater because of their feelies.
>>
>>85888995
Do it every Friday night and Saturday night with my buddies at bars and games. Last week, I went to a place that allows you to throw tomahawks while you can drink beer.

Going to a theater is something that people had no choice but to do since that was the only venue to see new movies. Nowadays we have the tech to do it. I would like to go to a drive-in movie theater if I had the chance.
>>
>>85888987
gold tickets include a seat with an ipad that has a 4chan gold account on it. this way you don't have to stop shitposting for 2 hours just because you're watching a movie.
>>
>>85888987
Not him, but it's comfy fucking recliner seats with room service at the push of a button. Or seat service, whatever the cinema equivalent is
>>
>>85889202
>Last week, I went to a place that allows you to throw tomahawks while you can drink beer.

what could go wrong?
>>
>>85889296
You throw hatchets at targets. Only a retard would get themselves injured. It was actually pretty fun and a change of pace from bar hopping, clubbing, bowling, or going to a hockey game.
>>
>>85889166
There's a difference between having a big screen, comfy chairs and decent soundsystem at home and the humungous screen, tiered theatre stalls and the hugely loud surround sound setups that cinemas offer
The former is the norm, the latter is an occasion
>>
>>85887102
Forever, people get all bent out of shape if Hollywood doesn't BREAK RECORDS every year.

If Hollywood EARNS less than the year before, they get all worried that this is the end, without acknowledging that they're still generating billions per year.

To survive Hollywood just has to remain profitable, and it does and it will. Think about it, if your salary was $75,000 and you made it every year for your whole life, are you failing? If you had a commission based job and you made between $60 and 80,000 a year every year forever, are you failing?

That's Hollywood. Not every year has to be a growth year.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.