[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Constant MCU vs DCEU threads. Don't mind me enjoying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: logan.jpg (188KB, 809x1199px) Image search: [Google]
logan.jpg
188KB, 809x1199px
>Constant MCU vs DCEU threads.

Don't mind me enjoying the XCU (or whatever it's called).

Next year we get:
>Deadpool 2
>New Mutants
>X-Men: Dark Phoenix
>Legion season 2
>>
>>85883430
>Sophie Turner as a lead

Going to be so fucking bad.
>>
>Oh look i am a special snowflake!
Nobody cares about you crap bitch...those fox movies never give quality memes and Thats All that matters here.
>>
>>85883430
>Deadpool 2
Reddit the movie got a sequel this soon?
>>
New mutants sounds more interesting than dark phoenix
>>
>>85883430
Yeah but Deadpool fucked the casting of Domino and no one can do Dark Phoenix. Wrong story to make a movie about. It was only ever good in the comics due to the many long standing story elements from years of issues. Distilling it into one movie will be as shitty as Infinity War will be.
>>
>new movie centered around worst grey
pls no

BIggest miscast in the films tbqh
>>
>>85886015
Infinity war is 2 movies but you're right
>>
>>85883430
This is going to be the worst cape movie ever.
>Sophie Turner as the main character
>introducing aliens into the comic universe where it's grounded world is its biggest selling point
>first time director
>coming off of the piece of shit that was Apocalypse
>fucking aliens
>>
>>85883430
>>Deadpool 2: utterly ruined Domino. So bad that I'm 80% less excited
>>New Mutants: Looks good. Fingers crossed.
>>X-Men: Dark Phoenix: If Singer is still at the helem, it will suck. Even without him it will be hard to make that story good by anyone. Not excited.
>>Legion season 2: Love season 1 and really looking forward to 2

50/50 which is about Marvel's ratio
DC has worst record but is improving
>>
>>85886318
>they turned down Elle Fanning and Hailee Steinfeld for this

I get it, she's tall and most famous for being a redhead but you turned down a literal Oscar-caliber actress.
>>
>>85886520
I think they reduced it to one, anon.
>>
>>85886621
>utterly ruined Domino
I refuse to believe people give a shit about Domino. It's like giving a shit about Shatterstar. It's such a niche that it's not even worth considering.
>>
>>85883480
Not if she gets naked
>>85883430
Why would I care for any of these shits except Legion 2 ?
>>
>>85886719
Or Dazzler for that matter

My question is are people mad that shes black or mad that she's not wearing the pale makeup
>>
>>85886815
>My question is are people mad that shes black or mad that she's not wearing the pale makeup
It's the makeup and hair (and attractiveness deficit).
If they kept Hulk big and bulky but made his skin caucasion and gave him jew curls then you'd be pissed. You'd be an anti-semite too, right?
>>
>>85887503
>If they kept Hulk big and bulky but made his skin caucasion and gave him jew curls then you'd be pissed.

I wouldn't care, but that's a dumb comparison because Domino and the Hulk are not 1 for 1 on popularity. Most people weren't even clear on what ethnicity Domino is. I bet most people who are complaining about the casting decision don't even know what her mutant ability is without Googling it.

Like I said, she's Shatterstar-tier. She was in that generation of characters with Longshot, Wolfsbane, etc. Second stringers for the main mutant cast of Marvel's stories.

I would absolutely not give a shit if they made Strong-Man black, or Wolfsbane, or Feral, or Destiny, or whoever the fuck. There's an incredibly small number of people who love/know of those characters in comparison to The Hulk, or Superman. The same shit was true with Valkyrie when that casting decision was revealed. Literally nobody I've ever met has given a shit about Valkyrie. I'm sure those people exist, but they're so tiny that they are not worth considering.
>>
>>85888146
When you change the iconic aspect of a character, you ruin it. Domino's appearance is all that there is iconic about her. As you said, few even know what she does. You can change Nick Fury's race but not the eye patch. You can't make Joker blue. It's not about popularity, it is about authenticity. By your argument we could replace Domino with a floating yellow orb and it wouldn't be a big deal.

Also, the only thing Valkyrie has going is her appearance. That is all there is to her. She looks like a Swiss milk maid. The blonde braids ARE Valkyrie. They may as well have made her a transformer as made her some other race. Not the character. Something else when you tinker with the iconic aspects.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.