[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"It takes a good friend to stay with you in hard times.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Louie and Marc.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Louie and Marc.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
"It takes a good friend to stay with you in hard times. It takes a good friend to stay with you in good times. Everybody needs support, everybody does. So you're letting me down - if you see me doing something, and you have a hard time coming to terms with it because of your feeling about your own life, what's really happening is you're letting me down as a friend by being jealous. So think about the other person. Think about what they might need. could have used you. I could have used you. I got divorced. I got a show canceled. You know, I had some tough times. I could have used a friend during those times..."

Was this the pinnacle of podcast Kino?
>>
couldn't maron have taken that logic and just turned it around on louis and said "you weren't there for me either"

i mean maron has talked in a completely non-joking way about how he was ready to kill himself before his podcast was a success. shouldn't louie have been there for him too?
>>
>>85870710
I know what you mean. To be fair though we're not them. We will never know the full story of their relationship and their lives.
The had miscommunication, jealousy, lost touch and they both kept away from the other in their own way.

What matters is that Louie hit some sort of a nail that made them rekindle things.
>>
>>85870749
>What matters is that Louie hit some sort of a nail that made them rekindle things.

the way it came across to me though was that they're both incredibly prickly, mercurial, emotionally needy, walking-on-egg-shells type people, both of them are two steps away from being a completely toxic person, and if they audited exactly who was to blame for everything that went wrong in their friendship they'd still be talking about it to this day. but louie is about a thousand times smarter, quick-witted, incisive, and articulate than maron, and maron is morose and self-loathing and felt guilty in a way louie didn't, so louie could say specious and seemingly very self-serving things like what's quoted in the OP and maron would just have to take it.

when i listen to that conversation what i hear, in part, is louie basically passive-aggressively bullying maron and asserting his dominance, as well as defining a kind of moral unimpeachablity for himself, and maron is so dazzled by louie's affront and so helpless to defend against it that he just takes it. maron becomes the bitch and louie becomes the butch. louie went into that conversation with the intention of 'winning' it and he did. maron, in accepting it, comes across as the insecure, self-defeating sad sack that he is.

there's this weird social dominance aspect to it. louie is the stronger person and maron is willing to defer to him.

a lot of people see their conversation as some kind of poignant reconciliation but what i can't help but feel is that it revealed the most unlikable aspects of both men.
>>
File: 1481414212104.png (777KB, 749x499px) Image search: [Google]
1481414212104.png
777KB, 749x499px
>>85870587
>>
>>85871118
Hit it right on the head. Louie is just building his moral high ground.
>>
>>85871118
this is a great post
>>
What show of Louies got cancelled?
>>
>>85871264
Lucky Louie on HBO in 2006. It got shit ratings and was cancelled after only one season. After that is when he started the comeback phase of his career and ascended to national celebrity.
>>
>>85871118
good if not pasta
>>
I miss Louie
>>
>>85870587
Coupl'a Kikes
>>
>>85871118
excellent post
>>
what a pair of queens, jesus christ no one cares how you feel
>>
>>85870587

Both of these guys are overrated faggots.
>>
link (with time if applicable) PLEASE
>>
Never heard of these guys. Non-burger here
>>
>>85871118
Interesting take. I listened to Adam Corolla and Kevin Smith rehash how they let a deal for a show together fall through because they were both taking turns being idiots.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.