[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you're watching the Last Jedi, how will you react when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 22

File: Luke.png (794KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
Luke.png
794KB, 1280x851px
When you're watching the Last Jedi, how will you react when Luke flicks on his lightsaber and its red and its revealed that he's actually the fucking villain of the movie and Snoke was a Wizard of Oz style ruse?
>>
>>85868257
I'd mark, but not as hard as I'd mark if Rey turned to The Dark Side and Kylo Ren became the protagonist.
>>
>>85868257
The sad thing is, as retarded as OP's shitty fanfiction is, it's most likely better than anything Disney is going to give us.
>>
>>85868257
no one cares about Snoke anon. Go to bed.
>>
>>85868292
This.
>>
>>85868299
It's not fanfiction, its happening.
>>
>>85868257

I'd love it

But, they'll go cheap and safe.
>>
>>85868431
>it's happening because 1 autist who made a thread saying he was an insider said so
>>
Sloth Lord would be better.
>>
Wasn't there some leak about Luke not even using a lightsaber and just fucking throwing actual lightning from the sky?
>>
>>85868257
this is retarded

Luke is a JEDI like his father before him
>>
>>85868257
Even if Luke is evil, he won't have a red lightsaber. It'd be yellow or orange.
>>
Nu-wars fucking sucks, the only way to redeem it is make Rey turn to the dark side but that will never happen.
>>
>>85868859
That's too cool, I refuse to believe that's in nu-Wars.
>>
>>85868895
yeah 20 years ago, now he's an evil old white man
>>
>he goes out of his way to get a red lightsaber

hahahaahaha
>>
File: LvS_clonelab.jpg (174KB, 1200x512px) Image search: [Google]
LvS_clonelab.jpg
174KB, 1200x512px
>>85868257
Nah
Luke is the last Jedi.
He'll sacrifice himself to save Rey.
She'll balance the Force with stronk womynhood and Kylo's beta support.
And there won't be anymore Force-wielders afterwards because the right use of power isn't something regular folk should have to worry about.
>>
File: ApcvbTr.jpg (198KB, 1259x629px) Image search: [Google]
ApcvbTr.jpg
198KB, 1259x629px
"I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything you've decided about my character" - Mark Hamill to Rian Johnson.
>>
>>85869372
Hamill would've been all for an evil Luke. My guess is that Luke was killed and replaced by Bigger Luke.
>>
>>85869520
Luuke?
>>
>>85868257
>white fucking male
>2017
>disney

There is no fucking way he won't be evil.
>>
>>85868859
They need to do kung force stuff
>>
File: 8p8vUyL.jpg (147KB, 1280x654px) Image search: [Google]
8p8vUyL.jpg
147KB, 1280x654px
>>85869520
Wrong. Just because Mark played a villain in Batman doesn't mean he wants Luke to turn to the dark side.

"I have a responsibility to the company that I work with. I don't feel that I have a responsibility to cater in some way to those particular fans. I would never just seize on saying, 'Well, this is a franchise that's appealed primarily to men for many, many years, and therefore I owe men something.'" - Kathleen Kennedy
>>
>>85868257
>Snoke was a red herring
>Luke has gone full Kreia and hates both the Jedi and the Sith
>Kylo wants to finish Vader's work
>he meant to bring balance to the Force by killing Luke
>he turned to the dark side because he wasn't strong enough

It would be K-I-N-O.
>>
>>85869361
>Luke is the last Jedi.
Pretty sure some autists figured out that the German translation of The Last Jedi was plural, meaning that it's not ONE Jedi, just that whoever are left are the last ones.

Also add in Luke's line that the Jedi must end probably means something like creating a new class of Grey Force users that are neither Light nor Dark. People will always be force sensitive, so they will always be able to use it, so either the dark side wins or the Jedi and the Sith become one for "The Last Jedi" to make sense.

Take that to the bank
>>
>>85869659
Hamill wanted Luke to turn to the dark side in RotJ, though.
>>
File: LYAoZjB.jpg (97KB, 1280x526px) Image search: [Google]
LYAoZjB.jpg
97KB, 1280x526px
>>85869668
No it wouldn't, it would be the destruction of everything that George Lucas worked towards.
I'm sure you're right though. They'll make it so that Rey is the redeeming figure because shes a woman, while all the men are evil.
>>
>>85869372
whats Conan obrien doing there
>>
>>85868257
>Luke has a whitesaber
>talks of cleansing the force
>good and evil work together to fight the white force
>>
>>85869707
George Lucas worked towards selling toys. He changed RotJ's original darker ending to pander to the kids.
>>
File: 4zkcnut.jpg (129KB, 1280x561px) Image search: [Google]
4zkcnut.jpg
129KB, 1280x561px
>>85869690
No, that is fucking stupid.
That implies the entire point of Star Wars is to turn to evil in the end.
Of COURSE thats what is being shilled in this thread. There is no good left in the people making Star Wars, and you completely miss the point
>>85869742
citation needed, friendo.
>>
>>85868895
This. There is no point on changing this. This is why Luke is the coolest.

But Disney could very well shit on this too
>>
>>85869606
This, TFA is a feminist power fantasy, as is R1. The woman in charge of the series now is a feminist.

There is no way on earth they would miss this opportunity to destroy one of the most iconic male hero characters of all time.

Not only will they make him evil but they will make him baby killing vile evil.
>>
>>85869659
>still denying the Bigger Luke hypothesis
littlelukefags everybody
>>
>>85869752
>http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a818249/star-wars-return-of-the-jedi-alternate-ending/
>>
>>85869768
Christ, Americans are obsessed with feminists. Maybe you should keep your women in line instead of bitching about on movie forums.
>>
>>85868257

If they make Luke evil, will numales and "skeptics" finally admit that Marxists are fighting a propagandized culture war against white people and specifically white heterosexual men?
>>
>>85868257
wood bee cool. george lucas planned for that originally i think. better than whatever disney kikes have written for him
>>
>>85869768
>female character throws a punch
>it's a feminist power fantasy
lol broflakes
>>
>>85869768
also I have zero intention of watching it, same as I passed on Rogue 1.

I don't mind Disney doing their thing with their property but I ain't paying to see the shitshow.
>>
File: serveimage (62).jpg (292KB, 1600x1119px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (62).jpg
292KB, 1600x1119px
>>85869780
your theory is fucking cringe. i bet that theory was put out by disney to feed the low iq fanboys little tidbits of their overall plan so that when this shitfest hits the big screens they will squeal with glee at how right they were ahead of time.

Star Wars was about Luke Skywalker. Then it was about Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker. Now its all about how Rey Skywalker is going to redeem the entire family and fix all the problems in the galaxy with her feminist magic.

Guess what? in practice, its fucking terrible. For every person that lived through the prequel era, this disney series is like pottery, it rhymes. It feels JUST LIKE 2002 again, where people are coming up with terrible theories about how "maybe this one will be good".

We will get to see Disney completely remove any centrality from the original trilogy, which remain the only good films.

All this shilling, all of this marketing, all of this propaganda is just complete bullshit to cover the fact that this is Hollywood's last stand. After Star Wars Hollywood has nothing left to remake that people care about. Once all the fat reddit loving cat ladies and dildo riding numales have their fill, Star Wars will be dead, and everyone will watch A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back and wonder what could have been.

You will live to see star wars greentext fan fiction that is better than Disney's new canon.
>>
>>85869794

This was never seriously considered.

Mark DID want Luke to turn, but turn back. He wanted more challenge for luke, not just have him be calm and confident. He wanted him tempted by the dark side. It could have worked
>>
>>85869591
>Luuke?
That's what he wanted to happen. Everyone seems to conveniently forget that part of the interview.
>>
>The Last Jedi

Long ago the galaxy lived together in peace, then everything changed when the Empire attacked. Only the Jedi, master of the force could stop them, but when the galaxy needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered a new Jedi, an orphaned girl named Rey. And although her strength with the force is great, she has a lot to learn before she's ready to save anyone. But I believe Rey can save the world."
>>
>>85870045
>It feels JUST LIKE 2002 again, where people are coming up with terrible theories about how "maybe this one will be good".

Astute.

I doubt there was anyone trying to come up with how ANH could be fixed by the sequel.

Now, that's a bit portion of it outside of the blind fanboys.
>>
>>85868292
I want to see SJWs froth from this
>>
>>85868859
If they make Luke ass OP as he is in the EU I'll be very surprised.
>>
>>85868257
Did the spoiler guy explain why not-Yoda had Luke's lightsaber in her basement?
>>
File: 797070770.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
797070770.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
>>85868257

I'm sure it will sell a lot of toys
>>
>>85870361

None of them have

The most legit one mentions that Finn finds a broken saber in Snoke's coffin (think Dracula).
>>
>>85869707
Wym? "balance" was always unilateral genocide.
>>
>>85870254
The reason why Empire Strikes Back is so impressive is that it isn't a copy of the original. It moves the story forwards. Everything after that starts to be a repeat, yet we are supposed to be excited for future movies that will inevitably take away from the originals?

They literally put footage from the original Star Wars in Rogue One, and also decided to add CGI versions of characters that weren't CGI in the original Star Wars. They have no consistency. Lucas at least had a process to clarify what the canon was, now people literally have no idea what is going on in the Star Wars universe. At what point does a fan decide that the people in charge are making changes that destroy the meaning of the original movies?
>>
>>85870176
I know want a Star Wars interpretation of the first season of Korra.
>>
>>85870463

Tough shit. You're getting the second season in last Jedi
>>
>>85870045
>You will live to see star wars greentext fan fiction

The majority of the expanded universe was objectively superior to Disney Star Wars.
>>
>>85870507
No, Vaatu-dono, yamate!
>>
>>85870434
At the point of the star wars restoration project.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy%27s_Despecialized_Edition
>>
>>85869853
What are feminists doing here?
>>>/t/umblr baby factory
>>
>>85870326
Luke was definitely strong, but wasn't Jayna Solo better, pure sword-fighting wise?
>>
File: poefinn.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
poefinn.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
Isn't it pretty obvious that the only big reveal will be something socially relevant? Especially since The Empire were White Supremacists now.

The big plot twist will be Kylo's internal battle with being a transgender female, and that the root of his dark tendencies are due to galactic oppression. He will then defect from Snoke and become a role model for other Stormtroopers to come out. There will then be a massive Civil War between the First Order and the Transistance. The latter will win and the happy ending will be Kylo transitioning genders via the Force.

Rey will have the opportunity to be a good and just ruler of the new Republic, but will recognize her position of privilege and hand it over to Finn. Poe and Finn (literally confirmed to be gay lovers) finally surrender to their gay urges to rule the galaxy as one.

>"I know a life with me won't be very exciting, Poe. You're a pilot and you belong in a cockpit."
>"No, Finn, YOU are my cockpit."
>credits roll
>>
>>85870966
Sword-wise maybe, but Luke was confirmed most OP force user in SW history by Lucas. For example he used the force to wipe out half a plant in one of the comics. (When he turns to the dark side as resurrected Sidious' apprentice iirc)
>>
>>85870463

You do realize that the main plot of Avatar: The Last Airbender was nearly identical to the plot of the Original Trilogy, right? It had better world building and was deeper though.

Book 1: Aang heads to the Northern Water Tribe to learn Waterbending from a Master with his love interest companion Katara(Leia), cunning but funny Sokka (Han), mount/pet Appa (Chewbacca/Millennium Falcon), and his pet Momo who is small and gets into trouble (Artoo). After evading the Fire Nation for only so long, a full offensive is made upon the Tribe.

Only by tapping into his Avatar State, does Aang manage to defeat the entire army in one fell swoop.

Book 2: In search of an Earthbending teacher, Aang makes his way into the Earth Kingdom and encounters Toph who eventually teaches him Earthbending (a bit of Yoda but not much). After evading Azula and her cohorts (evading Vader and his fleet), they make their way to Ba Sing Se (Cloud City) where everything is not as it seems and they are betrayed by the Dai Li (Lando-ish enough for this comparison). After spending time with the very old Hermit (Yoda) at one of the Air Temples, Aang learns more about the Avatar State but can't let go of his feelings for Katara and rushes back to help his friends before truly completing his training. In the final battle, Aang falls due to serious injury and the villains win. Katara rescues Aang and tends to his wounds.

Book 3: The Fire Nation must fall and Aang must be the one to do it. After begrudgingly recruiting Zuko to be his Firebending Teacher, Aang becomes the Avatar he was meant to be to destroy the Fire Lord and his Second-in-Command, Azula. He also must fight Melon Lord, the fiercest villain of all. Sokka acts on his plan to strike when least expected and it turns out to be a trap. Upon regrouping, the final confrontation occurs and Aang defeats the Fire Lord.

Hero's journey but very similar to Star Wars.
>>
>>85870971

Poe and del Toro will be the fag couple

Finn has Rose

Rey and Kylo have tension
>>
>>85871053
But see now that Disney owns it they can use Tony Stark for Verrick
>>
Luke meets Rey, he tells her how the force brought her to him. Her parents were scared of her abilities. She is told after a couple scenes that she was born out of necessity, that this balance will continue forever with the force, since the beginning all the way to his dad and now her. Luke trains her but tells her after Snoke is defeated, they will cease to fight and will not continue the Jedi order. They have a meditation scene together where she literally walks through a beam of light and she can control everything around her. She can change shapes and warp everything around her. Luke tells her she will be even more powerful than Yoda and she says who? (this got some chuckles). She also battles a creature that Luke claims is filled with evil intent and has been threatening the porgs, creatures more in tune with the force than even himself (think penguins on crack). She defeats this creature only to see it become a ghost of anakin. Basically, Luke has tried to push her emotionally in every direction on the island in order to wake her full potential quickly. He wants Snoke gone now. It’s made clear that Luke is not happy with what Snoke did to Ben and will do anything to make Rey become stronger quickly to destroy him. We get a flashback with Anakin at Luke’s school and everything is destroyed. Luke sees young Ben and says “I don’t want to kill you…but your life is in my hands now”. We learn later Luke knew someone else would come along to balance things out with Ben so he left to get answers as to why the Jedi always fail. He used the force to shut R2 down until this person was found. I’m cutting out a ton of details but basically you find out the force is literally connected to everything and even something like a droid can be aligned to it if it is willed. Rey confronts Luke about his feelings towards the Jedi, his abandonment of his friends and everything that’s happened and they don’t come to an agreement. He speaks with Yoda, she meditates.
>>
Yoda admits she is right, that the Jedi of old were hopeful but arrogant and a the dark side of the force can’t be the only future (something like that).

Ren spends the majority of the film with Snoke. He’s more unstable and leaves to trace Vader’s life in hopes that he will meet his spirit. From the way Snoke acts, he doesn’t seem to care much. Also, force ghosts can be destroyed. They’re adding new powers into this film the same way J.J./Kasdan added new abilities in TFA. Rian did write the film he wanted but there was definitely things they wanted included in this film for future media.

After Finn wakes up, the entire ship they’re on is destroyed. Leia asked him to go find Snoke’s weakness, she’s been told someone has information on how to destroy him and they’ve arrived at the meeting point (a new planet). No one likes Leia on this planet. Rose leaves with him because it’s the last escape pod and her sister trusts Finn.
Poe leaves after the ship is destroyed as well with Leia and some remaining resistance. The FO take prisoners.
They spend most of the film on the run and meet up with Holdo who immediately butts heads with what they should do next. She wants to have an alliance with the FO, Leia thinks thats a bad idea and in the meantime, sends Poe to rescue the remaining resistance supporters.
Finn goes to Snoke’s home planet and finds a crypt. Think dracula. Very expensive looking place and a tomb that’s opened. Basically, we learn Snoke has switched bodies and is actually well liked by a lot of races. No one alive has seen his original body. He’s with Rose and Zenn. All of this takes place after they escaped the “affluent planet” and found the kidnapped resistance members who after these past few years have decided to join the FO. Finn appeals to some of them but not all.
>>
Luke eventually understands that training one person at a time might be the best way forward and thanks to Rey, that this will never end so they’ll have to make their own rules going forward (Anakin told her that repressing your emotions is what leads to their downfall). There will always be someone out there more powerful, good or evil. Ben finds out the location of the island because Rey was alone meditating and he sensed her. Ben doesn’t tell Snoke by the way so something is going on there.
Ben fights Rey on the island, wins. Luke destroys Ben’s guards with one move (they come in to attack at once, next shot, they’re all on the ground). This got a great reaction but the move itself was definitely not a typical Jedi action. Ben asks Luke why he failed and that it was his parents fault for not being there for him. Luke asks Ben what he wants and asks him to help take down Snoke, that it can lead him to a new path. Ben agrees. In shock, Rey follows them (Luke has an A wing on the island!). Honestly, the Luke/Rey stuff is way more interesting than Finn’s story. This has almost turned into a weird review haha. The film ends with Luke standing before Snoke as the destroyer flies away. Rey and Kylo flew off after she attacked his ship.

CONFIRMED LEAK FROM TWO MONTHS AGO
>>
File: IMG_3061 - Copy.png (134KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3061 - Copy.png
134KB, 334x393px
>>85871196
>read the first 3 words of the post chain
>skipped to bottom to confirm my suspicion of a leak

3/10 didn't spoil
>>
>>85871196
How is this a 'confirmed' leak? I mean, I like most of what you've said here, but I don't see how it's verified...?
>>
>>85871196
>CONFIRMED LEAK FROM TWO MONTHS AGO

It's probably legit. The little penguin fuckers were mentioned there before anywhere else IIRC.
>>
>>85868257
>how will you react
Close mpv and delete the camrip.
>>
>>85871152
So Snoke is The Sith Emperor confirmed?
>>
>>85871230
Two weeks after the faggot made the thread paparazzis got pictures of the "sloth" creature
>>
>>85869768
dumb cletus
>>
>caring about nuwars

cant wait for a plinkett 2.0 to come along in ten years to have you faggots finally admit that the disney shit is as bad if not worse than georges prequel faggots (which had at least some world building)
>>
Why does everyone wanna turn Luke to the dark side? The entire original trilogy is about him finally defeating the internal struggle of the light side vs dark side and becoming a true jedi.
>>
>have a perfectly good lightsaber
>"I'm evil now so I gues I have to remake my lightsaber in ebil color"
>>
>>85871477

I guess because it's still that some uber powerful dark side dude coming along out of nowhere and fucking up Luke's school and making him hide, even though Luke took out Vader and the Emperor (the latter in a way).

Making Luke the uber bad guy doesn't feel as cheap and ruining the struggle of the OT as Snoke the Dracula from nowhere does.
>>
>>85871230
It's 100% legitimate. That was posted on here on june 6th.

This came out on jul 20th
http://www.starwars.com/news/introducing-porgs-the-cute-new-creatures-from-star-wars-the-last-jedi
>>
>>85871529
To be honest him hiding on some deserted planet is pretty much mimicking Yoda's behavior. If the Force Awakens has taught us anything is that Disney loves to regurgitate ideas. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a Dagobah 2.0 scenario with Luke dying like Yoda did.
>>
>>85868895
a little too much like his father perhaps :^)
>>
>>85869690
didn't he later say he war wrong about that and it retarded?
>>
Turning Luke to the dark side is too nihilistic of an idea. Even if you have Rey defeat the dark side it's not going to matter because Luke did the same at one point yet even he eventually turned to the dark side.
>>
>>85871607
*was
>>
>>85869361
Why are they holding candles?
>>
>>85868257

>take the embodiment of hope
>make him the fucking villain

Disney is retarded so I wouldn't put it past them
>>
>>85871460
I hate nu-SW more than anything. The prequels were bad, but at least there's something there, hints of the vision of a lazy old man with the mind of a child.

Nu-SW is just cynical.

>>85871477
This, Luke's power doesn't come from any über-leet anime lightsaber skillz or roided midichlorian levels, but that he's a good person with good intentions.

All this dark-Luke shit is sonic fanfiction-tier desu. Only emotionally stunted autismos would find that a good idea.
>>
>>85871616

It could simply be that the Skywalker line is destined for going black, as the original was made by Sith Lords in the first place, and I'm sure they altered with his biology to increase emotional instability and whatnot so to make sure he turned. Anakin turned by little nudges by Sheev and he had the whole order to fall back on for help.

Perhaps the Skywalker line, being unnaturally created, fucked with the prophecy of balance.
>>
>>85868292
Yeah man, how is he supposed to become the protagonist when there's this beloved Wookie character that wants to rip his arms off for patriciding his best friend.
>>
>>85868257

>Now Rey, you have finally become STAR WARS: The Last Jedi™ (1080p HD)

Bravo Disney.
>>
>>85871671
>lets make the ultimate good guy evil, no one will expect it, omg what a twist it will be!
but that makes the whole saga retarded
>who cares lol it'll be the greatest twist in cinema history!
>>
>>85869707
Evil white cismen, of course.
>>
>>85870045
Bruh Bigger Luke is real, its not a theory
>>
>>85871703
But that's my point, Luke goes against the Skywalker legacy, he doesn't end up corrupted by the dark side like his father and chooses the light side. You can make excuses that it's just the Skywalkers but look at the big picture, if the dark side always wins at the end of the day, whatever Rey does or whatever happens in the new Star Wars movies is meaningless. The idea that the dark side will get to you, no matter how hard you try is a bit too nihilistic for me.
>>
>>85869768
How is Rogue One a feminist power fantasy? Jyn literally does absolutely nothing by herself, is doesn't even do the most spectacular things, ends up being saved by a dude only to die at the end along with everyone else.

You could say that she gave a speech to rally support, but she was mostly disregarded until shit was hitting the fan and the 'alliance' decided that they might as well because they have no choice.
>>
>>85869794
I'm glad they abandoned it, it's a shit ending. What motivations does Luke have to turn evil?
I'd just be confused if that happened
>>
>>85871477
>Why does everyone wanna turn Luke to the dark side?

Sells toys
>>
>>85869794
>The mask is the very last thing - and then Luke puts it on and says, 'Now I am Vader'
Im glad lucas changed his mind
>>
Now that I think about it, the Force Awakens has this weird nihilistic vibe to it. We end Return of the Jedi with the Rebels defeating the Empire, Darth Vader overpowering the dark side inside of him and helping Luke with beating the Emperor, etc. The Jedi and the light side were triumphant.

Now skip to Force Awakens. The Jedi are gone, the new characters are basically remixed versions the old ones retconned to the beginning of their journey, the Empire is back under a different name and this time they're even more powerful, it's like the victory from RotJ didn't happen, we're back to square one.
>>
>>85871994
yeah it's almost like disney pissed on the entire franchise and rehashed everything
>>
>>85869853
she is a Mary Sue and acts like an unlikable cunt around men (Finn)
>>
>>85870045
>>85870590
this
>>
>>85871705
That same wookie character was also there when he was growing up, and he IS the son of his best friend. Sort of complicated emotionally for him likely, though I wouldn't expect Disney to actually take that into account as it wouldn't be basic enough.
>>
>>85868257
>they turned a blue-eye blonde-hair white dude into a villian

Fucking figures.

But I guess it's predictable if you remember Empire Strikes Back with Vader's head with Luke's face in it, which is I am sure how they'll rationalize it
>>
>>85872207
Luke turned to the dark side a few times in the EU. It's pretty much tradition for skywalkers to fall to the Dark Side.
Take your /pol/ elsewhere.
>>
File: 1479494870811.png (546KB, 770x366px) Image search: [Google]
1479494870811.png
546KB, 770x366px
>>85872284
But leftism is at the very heart of Disney-verse SW whether you wish to acknowledge it or not.

And it's unfortunate but it's the new norm for the left to do this shit now.
>>
>>85872207

Luke pretty much fails all of Yoda's tests after Yoda warns Obi-Wan that he can't be trained.

Albeit, he does throw away Vader's offer (that's because of his friends, though), and at the end he doesn't kill Vader.

Outcome could go either way with him ever going dark, but from the OT itself, it looks like it was meant that Luke overcame the temptations even though no one thought he could, and that's his struggle.

It'd be interesting to know what George had planned for Luke afterwards, though.
>>
File: RCO010_1469019859.jpg (508KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO010_1469019859.jpg
508KB, 1041x1600px
>>85872342
>it's an "anon keeps posting this image in every thread" episode.
Really strange of you to say that, because they've put this out, too:
Also:
>Wom(e)n
>Only Jyn Urso is there
>She's not even the leader of the team
>Empire is white supremacist
>No evidence of that in Rogue One
>The ones doing fucked up shit are the rebels
Really noggins my joggins, anon.
>>
>>85871152
>They spend most of the film on the run and meet up with Holdo who immediately butts heads with what they should do next. She wants to have an alliance with the FO, Leia thinks thats a bad idea and in the meantime, sends Poe to rescue the remaining resistance supporters.
>Finn goes to Snoke’s home planet and finds a crypt.

if this is true than Disney copied the plot from Star Wars Old Republic (Valkorion)
>>
File: SWJedi.jpg (503KB, 1241x1245px) Image search: [Google]
SWJedi.jpg
503KB, 1241x1245px
The thing that bothers me the most is the way Disney is phasing out the non-human elements to make a galaxy full of hundreds of sentient species be 90%+ human and 10%- everyone else.

They've made SW all about the petty bullshit of earth, and have lost what Lucas did do particularly well in the prequel trilogy with showing the galaxy as not very human.

And it sticks out like a massive eyesore for me. I can't ignore it at all. And they did it to make SW more marketable to all of these demographics of humans who'll cry that their fucking feelings got hurt unless they see someone who's their kind in someone else's movie.

And that whole "representation" bullshit has ruined the franchise for me.
>>
>>85872452
> if

There's no question that it's real. He mentioned the progs more than a month before disney officially talked about then
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/83562252/#83562252
>>
>>85872466
was JJ tlaking about the jedi council when he said the whitest fucking room?
>>
>>85871703
sounds like the whole Uchiha (Naruto) thing
>>
>>85872466
Is this the same guy who said "Go Asians!"? How patronizing is that
>>
>>85872556
They had been spoiled by MSW weeks before they were officially 'released' though...
>>
>>85872634
Look at the date of the archived thread I posted. He was literally the first person ever to mention them
>>
>>85872556
i think i read somewhere that they want a "Iam your father" level of plot twist.
>>
>>85868257
>When you're watching the Last Jedi, how will you react when Luke flicks on his lightsaber and its red and its revealed that he's actually the fucking villain of the movie and Snoke was a Wizard of Oz style ruse?

All those f'n nerds & geeks gon f'n CRY........
>>
>>85872431
one of the creators wrote this shit. And this >>85872342 applies to Force Awakens which has a Mary Sue main character
>>
>>85872085
this. The whole plot of the book Before the Awakening should have been in the movie
>>
>>85871679
this
>>
Luke will turn "evil" because he hates seeing that his series has turned into a generic SJWfest and wants to cleanse the universe. He will truly be /ourguy/.
>>
>>85872466

The various AYYY species is one of the good things about the prequels (and then in The Clone Wars). Humans really did feel like only a small part of the galactic community.

And there really wasn't any overt xenophobia -- it was pretty much a post-species society as a whole.

I agree. The human centric nature of the ST is a step back from something the PT did right.

Instead of Finn being a Negro or Poe a Mexican, why couldn't one or both been some crazy AYYY?
>>
File: bugs.png (228KB, 245x458px) Image search: [Google]
bugs.png
228KB, 245x458px
>>85873165
I believe Lucas wanted more ayy lmaos in the OT, but technology back then couldn't allow it. The Empire being a human-supremacist organization is kinda bullshit since if you look at it the Rebel Alliance is 100% human too, only in ROTJ did they introduce Ackbar & friends, and Sambo Calrissians greaseball co-pilot.

Then in the Prequels Lucas went all-out with the aliens, and yeah, all the races live together, apart from the racial tension on Naboo, where it's kinda implied to be an Apartheid-like system or like how European colonists treated native primitives everywhere (ie. not exactly elevating them to their technological level).

In Nu-Wars they pushed all the aliens out again. With all the diversity quotas that had to be filled there was just no more room for alien characters.
>>
>>85868895
This is not your franchise anymore white men
>>
>>85873462
Thats why it sucks now
>>
>>85873606
this
>>
>>85869682
>Grey Force users
kys faggot
>>
>>85869591
Kek I forgot about this
>>
>>85871705

Kylo could kill Chewie in an instant if he wanted to. Chewie wouldn't even get near him.
>>
>>85872466
this shit it's annoying, a galaxy full os aliens but no, we only can have humans
>>
>>85871994
>the Empire is back under a different name and this time they're even more powerful
Not really. It's one small faction of the former imperial navy that is mostly allied with pirate guilds.
>>
>>85872352
>It'd be interesting to know what George had planned for Luke afterwards, though.

Probably nothing. George likes to make people think he has a notebook somewhere with an outline for the entire saga, but the truth is he makes this shit up as he goes.
>>
>>85870434
>At what point does a fan decide that the people in charge are making changes that destroy the meaning of the original movies?
Friendo, those "people in charge" we're making changes before the ink was dry.
>>
>>85871994

It's absolutely nihilistic yeah. It ultimately says that the religiously infused Marxism of the original trilogy's rebels is just going to produce more reactionaries and fascists, more criminality, more disorder. It implies that the cycle of ideological conflict will ultimately fucking kill everyone, which is presumably the direction TLJ is heading in.
>>
>>85871514
No no. You misunderstand. That's the old, non-conforming "Legends" version. Now lightsabers change colors based solely on the user's alignment.
>>
>>85869340
The nu-disney lore is that any lightsaber can become corrupted by the dark side and turn red if a sith uses it to do fucked up shit. Luke could easily still have his old lightsaber and it's simply turned red over time.
That's how they work now.
>>
>>85875607
>"They're lazerswords, not mood rings".
t. George Lucas circa 2005

>tfw even Lucas wasn't this much of a simpleton
>>
File: JediYourself.png (121KB, 313x242px) Image search: [Google]
JediYourself.png
121KB, 313x242px
>>85868292
Agree. I'm sure KR ends up good and Rey ends up bad. It's the only interesting thing that can happen in the ~3 hours left.
>>
>>85868897
It's a color called young ocre. Dartha Stewart helps Luke pick it out.
>>
>>85875939
Well, they're mood rings now
>>
>>85875939
Yeah, and where's he now? That's right. dead.
>>
>>85868257
I won't be watching The Last Jedi.
>>
>Sequel Trilogy comes to an end with Luke, Kylo, and Rey teaming up to take out Snoke
>Luke probably dies in the battle and leaves it all to Rey/Kylo who are now a couple
>they agree to find a better way forward for the Jedi and walk off into the sunset
>happy feel-good ending with optimism for the future
>credits roll
>SURPRISE. There's an after-credit's scene in the vein of Thanos where some ship in the outer rim picks up a signal that's completely alien. It's the Yuuzhan Vong.
Disney will do this
>>
>>85876211
>Yeah, and where's he now? That's right. dead.
On the inside maybe.
Ever since Disney blackmailed him, he's been a broken shell of a man.
>>
>>85876295
>I won't be watching The Last Jedi.
I'll probably see it, but buy a ticket for a different movie.
>>
>>85876298
Disney sucks but I really don't think they'd do that.
>>
>>85876388
They may not explicitly call it the Vong but I'm pretty sure they won't just stop at Ep9 and they're going to need some new threat going forward. Extra-galactic evil is the only place they really can go at this point.
>>
>>85875939

The crystals being alive and bleeding is shit, yes.

From the movies, you just get that they're laserswords, which are very effective but also very dangerous to use, hence Jedi skills some in handy.

Baddies use red in the same way blasters are different colors for goodies and baddies
>>
>>85877234
Obi-wan kinda implied that they're more ceremonial wear (or the badge to identifí a Jedi) than practical weapon and that lightsaber dueling is more of a spiritual martial art, than a form of combat.

Of course the prequels all flushed that down the shitter, because Lucas is a manchild.

Also how do we know if baddies used red if Vader was the only baddie with a sword in the OT? Maybe red crystal made them more powerful as weapons, something that wasn't a priority for Jedi, and Luke's own was green because he built it in a garage following a WikiHow guide (in reality because they couldn't make the blue blade look right in 1983 against the blue sky of the desert).

TL;DR: this was all established in the prequels, which are barely canon, simply because how dumb they all were.
>>
>>85877234
>The crystals being alive and bleeding is shit
literally what?
>>
>>85877534
Nu-canon stuff from the ongoing Vader comic. Sheev explains to Vader that a red lightsaber is the same as any other, but the kyber cyrstal powering it has been made to "bleed". He's vague about what that means. The general idea is that when used to channel the dark side excessively, over time it shifts hue to red.

That whole thing about the red sabers using synthetic crystals was retconned
>>
File: 682px-Salute-IMG_8784b.jpg (75KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
682px-Salute-IMG_8784b.jpg
75KB, 682x1023px
>>85877532
More TL;DR: IMO the Jedi lightsaber is like a ceremonial cavalry sword and Vader's is like a Cold Steel katana, because he's edgy and shit.
>>
>>85877670
fucking hell JUST FUCK MY LORE UP AGAIN SENPAI
>>
>>85877894
Yeah it was a needless and stupid change if you ask me. Misguided intent to make the force "mysterious" again, but it just sounds stupid.
>>
>>85869682
>German translation of The Last Jedi was plural, meaning that it's not ONE Jedi, just that whoever are left are the last ones.

Someone dropped some of the german translation script??? Please post the link for us or info would be appreciated
>>
>>85868257
It will not be red, it's not true! It's bullshit! It will not be red!
It WON'T! Oh hi, Anon!
>>
>>85870971
>Isn't it pretty obvious that the only big reveal will be something socially relevant? Especially since The Empire were White Supremacists now.

And only a united black people can finally destroy them.........
>>
File: bane38.png (290KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
bane38.png
290KB, 500x464px
>>85868716
But he was really convincing, anon. I even screencapped it to post on /r/4chan.

Captcha: Bains Calle
>>
>>85869682
We don't even need the German translation anymore, I can't remember who it was being interviewed (maybe Rian Johnson himself) but it's been confirmed that it is plural

funny enough they apparently didn't really think about it when coming up with the name
>>
>>85873633
In the EU the force was in balance because there were users who used both sides of the force.
>>
File: Yoda_One_That_I_Want.png (136KB, 430x228px) Image search: [Google]
Yoda_One_That_I_Want.png
136KB, 430x228px
>>85869780
>Not fucking realizing there's a smaller Han Solo.
>>
>>85868292
Kylo Ren can't become the protagonist. He killed a bunch of innocent people in TFA.
>>
>>85879855
>Kylo Ren can't become the protagonist. He killed a bunch of innocent people in TFA.

Right.. he killed his own flesh and blood father........
>>
>>85876298
>Luke probably dies in the battle and leaves it all to Rey/Kylo who are now a couple

Yes, to be a force ghost guide just like Obi Wan...

Luke: Use the force Rey use the force
>>
>>85868257
Depends, does he instantly kill Rey?
>>
>>85879855
This. Killing civilians is a death flag, and killing your good-guy father, the hero of the previous movies is a gigantic death flag which Disney are not creative nor ballsy enough to ignore.
>>
>>85880675
This is what ruins the evil luke theory for me. You'd have to accept that Luke fucking Skywalker manipulated Kylo into killing Han, even though he has no plans to trian or help Kylo. So then why? It doesn't make any sense. Just for shits and giggles?
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.