[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why has there never been a moon landing movie? They made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: capricorn_one.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
capricorn_one.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
So why has there never been a moon landing movie?

They made Apollo 13, but they just flew past the moon.

they also made Capricorn 1 which was about faking the Mars landing.

Hollywood usually will exploit anything several times,

so why not movies about actually landing on the moon if it's the greatest achievement of mankind.
>>
Why isn't there a movie about astronauts trying to make it past the DEADLY Van Allen belts and instantly being killed?
>>
>>85867524
It's a mission where everything went according to plan. A huge achievement IRL but not really all that exciting from a dramatic standpoint.
>>
The intro scene to Dark of the Moon is pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AagPbW3cEt0
>>
>children raised by the internet

enjoy your forthcoming mandatory military service. im sure youll do swell.
>>
>>85867585
Why would there be a draft when nukes exist? Walk me through it.
>>
>>85867673
nukes don't exist

also.. nam

>>85867569
idk ,I feel like a scene when theyre getting ready to open the door, and walk on the surface and or look at the stars would be insane.

I feel like we've been deprived of that sensation on film where shit gets weightless and looking at Earth.

also the bants had to be crazy while they were playing golf and lunar rovering.

If they can make a movie about Lincoln signing documents, then they can make a moon movie
>>
>>85867569
You're crazy. If in the right hands it could be a breathtaking fucking movie.
>>
>>85867524
cause it never happened
>>
>>85867524
if you want to watch a movie about the moon landing just watch the moon landing
>>
>>85868490
they lost all the original footage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11_missing_tapes
>>
>>85868454
explain?
>>
>Apollo 13
These sequels are getting out of hand seriously
>>
>>85867548
I'd assume you were using sarcasm but considering the things a flatearther will unironically say I'm going to assume you're serious.

The van allen belts are dangerous, but not in that they will cook a human. They represent a risk that during the early moonlandings was a risk worth taking. The belts have the POTENTIAL to screw up electrical machinery as well as give the astronauts a few rads.

Think of it like taking a trip through Prypiat. It's technically dangerous, that's why they have guides to take you to the least radioactive areas, but really, if you wanted to you could walk through there and spend the day and leave and you'd be fucking fine, maybe you get sick in a week or so.

And anyway, if you're going to take one thing "THEY" say about the radiation belts then you can't cherry pick, you have to assume everything else they say about the belts is also true and it's easy to read up on
>>
>>85867524
The closest I can think of is a great little Australia movie call The Dish, a comedy that's based on true events. It shows the Australian involvement in the Apollo program, but the movie follows 11 on it's journey to the moon.
>>
>>85867524
transformers dark side of the moon had a kino moon landing opening
>>
>>85868878
Not a very good joke.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.