[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everyone and their cousin jerking off over this generic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: the-descent.jpg (300KB, 1330x748px) Image search: [Google]
the-descent.jpg
300KB, 1330x748px
Why is everyone and their cousin jerking off over this generic schlocky horror?

The cave monsters are boring as hell being literally just the bare minimum of what you'd automatically imagine monsters in that setting to be. The business with the cheating dead husband and the friendly fire thing seems tacked on and unatural to be relevant in such a dire situation. The "twas' a dream y'all" ending is cheap as fuck. The plot is also fully predictable the whole way through.
>>
Horror is the worst genre ever.
>>
>>85854584
Not the worst, just the most difficult to get right.
The Payoff can be huge.
>>
File: 1449461282519.gif (2MB, 280x202px) Image search: [Google]
1449461282519.gif
2MB, 280x202px
>>85854584
no u
>>
>Descent
>you and a group of your friends are trying to survive from actual monsters
>you get pissed and before you walk out the cave you let your "friend," die even though said friend was the only one that had the balls to do anything and survive herself

Honestly speaking the main chick should have died very early on for being such a bitch
>>
File: Falmer_simple.jpg (90KB, 677x683px) Image search: [Google]
Falmer_simple.jpg
90KB, 677x683px
tell me the enemies don't look like falmer
>>
>>85854584
This
Jesus christ the best platform for horror fiction is fucking video games, it's 100% surface level, mile wide and an inch deep
>>
>>85854535

You had to be there.
>>
>>85854535
We had to learn about this in film class, part of our feminist studies
>>
>>85856074
>>part of our feminist studies
>>85854535
And there's your answer
>>
>>85854655
name some of them that got it right?

Which ones got the huge "The Payoff"?
>>
>>85854535
It's John Wick but horror. A lot of shockingly good action pieces in a pretty good atmospheric setting with a creature design simple enough the people in the wholly practical suits can move around believably enough and smoothly enough to make for some interesting moments. The lack of 'frills' in the creatures are pretty much only forgiven because they're A, completely practical, B, let the actors do some actual body movements. There's enough chemistry between the leads that even without backstory for some they bounce off each other well, they have defined personalities that work together, and the acting is decent enough to suck you in.

Anyone saying it's some kind of revolution are likely someone who has no concept of the history of horror movies and how many of them have female leads or female directors. What it is instead is just a well made action/horror flick, of which there are very, very few.

The ending sucked, we can agree on that one, it's why they retconned it in the even suckier sequel.
>>
>>85855375
"Eyeless, albino morlocks that look like they evolved from humans" is a pretty common trope, and the designs always tend to look similar because they're all based on the same cave-dwelling organisms we have observed irl.
>>
>>85856580
Alien, The Thing, It Follows, The VVitch, A tale of two sisters, Audition, Suicide Club, The Exorcist, The Omen, Bone Tomahawk, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Nosferatu etc.
Purely of the top of my head.
>>
>>85854535
No clue, I couldn't stand the movie. I thought it was kinda dumb. then everyone is like "wow this is awesome" I really don't get it at all. Then again I think the Blair Witch Project is a dog turd and everyone seems to love that shit.
>>
>>85854535
Someone else agrees that this movie was meh too. I hated all the characters and thought the cop out ending where they all die was hilarious. But to be fair i did like the trope for the horror and had some good scares but its overhyped still
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.