[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't mind me, just being the intimate character study that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3088.jpg (84KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3088.jpg
84KB, 400x600px
Don't mind me, just being the intimate character study that There Will Be Blood wishes it was.
>>
>>85851769
mah nigga
>>
>>85851769
When did TWBB pretend to be intimate
>>
>>85851827
>muh son
>muh childhood house I'd like to buy
>muh "I've abandoned my boy"
>muh "I hate most people"
>muh "if it's in you it's in me"
>>
>>85851769
They were both some pretty great movies. But so different they're really hard to compare.

The Wrestler really captures what it means to be a has-been at sports. Once the money is gone, the fame is gone, your body and your brain are both damaged by a very physically grueling sport. And it covers how you deal with that....

It was a hell of a movie, but honestly so painful I doubt I can ever watch it again (my body is damaged from a bit of college football, steroid abuse, and concussions). That's how it is. Full contact sports (even fake wrestling) wear the body down fast, knees, lumbar issues, the concussions make you slower mentally than you once were. But that's the price you pay for a few years of full contact glory. We all went into it knowing that's the price you pay, but man it sucks.
>>
>>85851769
I agree The Wrestler is a warmer, more affectionate movie than TWBB but this >>85851827
>>
>>85851988
how's being a car salesman going?
>>
>>85851769
Every time i remember they gave the Oscar to Sean Penn for being a faggot instead of Rourke, it enerves me.
>>
>>85851988
>steroid abuse

Does your team encourage you to do that in American sports?
>>
>>85852165
This tbqh. But I remember reading interviews from Rourke at the time that, despite all the buzz surrounding his performance, he was sure he wasn't going to win because he'd pissed off too many people in Hollywood.
>>
>>85852165
>>85851769
The thing about Rourke in the Wrestler, is it's *very* real, authentic. He's lived that pain. He had a brief boxing career that fucked his face up and probably gave him a lot of lingering physical damage (as well as cognitive damage even if it doesn't show, we all are more sluggish mentally than we used to be and prone to a lot extreme emotion/rage/depression/etc). He knows what it means to be a has-been, in both sports and acting. All that pain in that role was authentic.

So he sure as shit deserved that Oscar. But it did rejuvenate his dead career, so at least he'll have a better fate than his on screen character.
>>
Even in total shit, Mickey Rourke shines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OXwVxIN_kA

I find him really watchable. It's too bad The Wrestler didn't kick-start a proper renaissance for him like many had hoped.
>>
>>85851769
Oh fuck off man. The Wrestler is great but fuck off with your contrarianfag bullshit about TWBB. If anything TWBB is more impressive for doing more heavy lifting for character work with multiple dialogue-free sequences.
>>
>>85852177
Officially no. But you pretty much gotta use them to be competitive when all the other guys do. And it FEELS great. Women can sense it. I've never had more women than when I was juicing. And the way muscles would grow in is just unbelievable.

But it's hard on the joints and blood pressure, and when you finally get off, even if you cycled correctly, I'm pretty sure your natural testosterone levels are lower than before you ever started. I cycled on and off for about 5 years, and it was the best years of my life. I actually kept a decent amount of my gains. But I have far more range and despair than I ever did before, I'm prone to a bit of backne, and I have the beginnings of bitch tits (the main reason I quit).

It's fun, but I couldn't in good conscious ever recommend them.
>>
>>85852339
Interesting.
>>
Did you also just watch The Wrestler on TCM?
>>
>>85852556
m-maybe
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.