[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Saving Private Ryan So in the beginning of the film, it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 8HssRqB.jpg (41KB, 476x471px)
8HssRqB.jpg
41KB, 476x471px
>Saving Private Ryan

So in the beginning of the film, it looks like its the assualt of normandie. American boats enter shore and gets slaughtered by vietnamese. Please tell me this isnt actually how any invasion every happens right? In reality this shore would've been cleared by planes long before footsoldiers enter right?
>>
It's history, just look it up.
>>
>>85838107
t. Woman
>>
>snapchat idiocy
>normandie
>vietnamese
>>
>>85838107
>. Please tell me this isnt actually how any invasion every happens right?
actually mainly burgers got under fire. First of all as far as i remember they refuse to use some special equipment and also were kinda unlucky. Loses on other beaches werent so significant
>>
rofl so why didnt they just blow up the beach with a plane or a ship first? man americans are retarded
>>
Yes this is how Marky Mark was born
>>
>>85838431
They did actually
>>
>>85838107
>what is flak
>>
>>85838431
They bombed and shelled the shore and the local inland for days before launching the amphibious assault. The Germans were well fortified because they had known for years that the Americans would invade at Normandy and had been preparing for it.

I know you're probably trolling, but D-Day is actually a very fascinating subject. If you're legitimately interested, check out Stephen Ambrose's 1,000+ page account of the lead up and planning, execution, and aftermath of June 6.
>>
>>85838621
Most of the bombing and shelling on American beaches missed the targets. Plus the landingcraft skippers got cold feet and unloaded too far from the beach.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.