[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I rewatched the extended cut and it was far better than I remembered.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

I rewatched the extended cut and it was far better than I remembered. Still doesnt deserve the "le kino" memeing though.

Nolan>Snyder>Burton>>>anything else unless The Batman manages to be really good

I cant really decide whether or not man of steel or the original superman films are superior than what BvS showed

Also only on a rewatch did I really notice how great the soundtrack was. The only true flaws with the movie are that it shits itself the longer it goes on, going from potential to some retarded setup for justice league
>>
yes.
>>
stop it guys, you're going to meme me into watching a longer version of this piss-dull movie.
>>
>>85831157

The extended cut is unironically good though.

I used to meme the shit out of BvS until I watched it and realised it was actually pretty decent once the storyline gaps in the theatrical version were closed up.
>>
>>85832404
It's really not. It gives a little bit of sense to some of the disjointed plot elements of the theatrical.
But at the end of the day it turns a bad movie into a long bad movie.
>>
File: 1404877668909.jpg (33KB, 296x278px) Image search: [Google]
1404877668909.jpg
33KB, 296x278px
Snyder’s thrillingly intelligent use of interior conflict and political antagonism vastly outclasses Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises — all noxious — which were bellwethers of our culture’s decline.

It takes just such dreamlike moral clarity to reprove the Nolan trilogy’s chaos.

Fanboys prefer the Nolan films for their “darkness,” which emphasized the sophomoric, pseudo-tragic elements of the Batman graphic novels. But Snyder’s more adult treatment finds the material’s emotional core. This displeases the fanboy/hipster whose adolescent embarrassment about feelings was exploited through Nolan’s emotionless violence and post–9/11 nihilism. Snyder counters that cultural crisis and (through the script by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer) visualizes the millennial moral struggle as pop myth. His essential subject is mankind’s struggle to discover compassion as well as common obligation — or dare I use the non-political term: brotherhood?

The pain of post–9/11 as reflected in Nolan’s Batman films was a paradigm shift. But fantasy cannot conscientiously be enjoyed Nolan’s way, without any sense of social, historical, or moral consequence. Snyder manipulates this new paradigm so that mankind’s sense of mortality is embodied by Batman, Superman, and their arch-nemesis, Lex Luthor. (All three characterization performances are, well, perfect.)
>>
>>85832575
Wrong
>>
>>85832404
I agree. It fills in the gaps. Arguably, you don't *need* the gaps filled for any reason other than to make the "lolheadcanon" crowd shut the hell up, but it's definitely worth it for that alone. Also, since the Ultimate Cut was the one Snyder intended for release, it really cut the legs out from other the haters seeing his full vision.
>>
File: 1489507256056.jpg (61KB, 431x594px) Image search: [Google]
1489507256056.jpg
61KB, 431x594px
The Batman-only scenes are the only good parts of the movie. Pissed-off murdering, branding Batman is my favourite live action portrayal of the character.

Everything else was garbage, especially the CGI boss fight at the end. Mark Zuckerburg's Lex Luther was like a ripoff Joker. Hell, they should have just had Leto's joker be the villain of this film.
>>
>>85832575
Correct
>>
>>85832610
Based
>>
>>85834842
>Mark Zuckerburg's Lex Luther was like a ripoff Joker
Is it even possible to be more of a brainlet? Zuckerberg's Lex is multi-layered as fuck.
>>
>>85834842
Branding? Good. Murdering? Fucking garbage. His characterization makes him look like a fucking retard. He kills random thugs without blinking an eye but he didnt do anything to people like Joker and Harley who tortured his son to death and then sprayed HA HA HA on his clothes
>>
File: IMG_0334.jpg (72KB, 655x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0334.jpg
72KB, 655x330px
>>85836101
That's because the original Joker was the only guy he'd killed before his vendetta against Supes.

I don't give a fuck what Ayer said. It's a smokescreen.
>>
>>85832575
nah its comfy[/comfy]
>>
>>85836101
It's almost like killing is a vital point of his redemption arc and we don't even know who the Joker is.
>>
>>85836415
whoops fail
>>
>>85830826
>Burton
>Under Snyder
Naw man.
>>
>there are people who think Nolans batman is legit good
>there are people who think Bale portrayed batman well
>there are people who think batman is an interesting superhero

Raimi Spider man 1-2 is legit the only good superhero movie, goofy enough as it should be because it's a fucking comic book adaptation (the last movie I watched in cinema in 2012 as a 12 year old and watched it ever since then still loving it as a 27 year old) it still has something to say with good music and costumes not steering away from the source material.

That aside Nolans batman is a grey piece of shit of a movie taking itself too seriously.
>>
>>85836682
Just because it's goofy doesn't mean it's good
Spiderman 2 is the most overrated movie on here honestly, far more than even BvS. It's capeshit before capeshit was capeshit. Reddit before Reddit was Reddit
>>
File: 220px-Rocketeermovieposter[1].jpg (20KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Rocketeermovieposter[1].jpg
20KB, 220x326px
>>85836751

I do agree but I had to put it there, lets say Spider man 1 is the pinnacle of comic book adaptations and it will never get bettet then that. Technology, cgi, anything can get better but exactly becasue of that it lost it's soul.

By the way I watched The Rocketeer just a couple days ago and the last time I saw it I was a kid and rented it on VHS. It made me feel like a kid again, the music, real sets, stereotipical plain villians and heroes. Everything was just so simple and perfect.
I really think technology fucked us over.
>>
>>85830826
Why do you make threads about this shit every day? Get the fuck over it. It's always "oh I rewatched this and it was actually good" or something of the sort.
You're just enabling your OCD. No movie ever deserves to have daily fucking threads, you retarded cunt.
>>
>>85836862
i don't think its hopeless but the gulf the green screen creates compared to lets say a fake snake like in conan has to make it difficult
also the animators of huge scenes are probably no where near the set or anything
>>
>>85836910
Wow the only non-GoT thread triggered this fuck pretty hard.
>>
>>85837072
Every goddamn day. Sort yourself out, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>85837135
The only embarrassing thing here is your inability to ignore the one thread bothering you. Was it autism?
>>
>>85836558
I love burtons gotham but please do tell me a single thing he did better than any other filmmaker who wasnt some clown like Schumacher. The only good things about the burton films are that he "invented" the grapple gun and that the soundtracks are great. Other than that, batman is a joke, none of the side characters (including bruce wayne) have personality, charisma or anything interesting about them in general and the are ripe with disgusting decisions like the joker being the murderer of the waynes

>>85836910
Woah..yeah only one person makes these BvS threads here. Didnt even read the rest of the post since youre clearly retarded
>>
>>85837271
Yeah, and you always pretend you're rewatching it. It's embarrassing, you need to stop.
>>
>>85836862
The problem isn't really the effects. It's when they let the story and even the actors take a backseat to CGI spectacle.
>>
>>85837389
Different guy here, but I re-watched it just yesterday.
>>
>>85837389
How fucking retarded are you? This is the first time ive ever made a thread about this movie. Go kill yourself tinfoil clown
>>
>>85837431
>>85836997

I really think cinema had the "magic" where it was hard work, creativity and then they had to somehow come up with a solution so you don't fucos on this and it's just natural that it's there.

I would say Hellboy (and hellboy2) takes the cake from the 2000's. Actual sets and costumes, it had that charm.
Animation wouldn't be a problem if it would be a side thing helping the illusion.
>>
>>85837523
I agree. That was never plainer to me than in the contrast between LOTR and "The Hobbit."
>>
>>85837601

>contrast between LOTR and Hobbit

It's like a healty 2 year old labrador and a genetically mutated abomination spitting blood. The Hobbit is one of the lowest point in cinema history. (obviously rushed by suits)
>>
I find Snyder's visual language more appealing than Nolan's more exposition-driven stories. I haven't seen Dunkirk though people seem to praise its non-dialogue driven story.
>>
>>85838784
It's a huge leap in the right direction for Nolan. It's got a lighter touch than anything he's done since Memento.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.