[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain me why should I have rooted for a troublemaker like Randle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Explain me why should I have rooted for a troublemaker like Randle McMurphy instead of a keeper of order that did nothing wrong like Nurse Ratched?
>>
>sociopath asks for an explanation why emotions didn't work on him
>>
File: Nurse_Ratched.jpg (13KB, 386x258px) Image search: [Google]
Nurse_Ratched.jpg
13KB, 386x258px
Nurse Ratched unironically did nothing wrong. The people in the institution had serious problems and were a danger to themselves and others. She had to work with strict discipline. It's not her job to be popular or likeable, it's her job to see that these people get help.

From the 1970's onwards, a huge number of mental institutes have been closed in the USA, partly to save money for the government and partly because it was the spirit of the time to "just let people be, being different is not an illness". Today American prisons are filled with people with serious untreated mental illnesses, and society faces the violent results of self-medication and psychotic outbursts of people, who simply don't get the help they need.
>>
>>85831076
That's more the fault of Congress as they allow basically heroin pills to be prescribed to people for any and all issues with pain. This is all backed by huge lobbying by pharmaceutical Giants of course
>>
>>85831076
So you admitted its her job to help, please explain how pressuring a patient to kill himself was helping
>>
>>85831076
At last, a logical post
>>
>>85830798
Only because/if you were a member of the generation who thought that all their unhappiness was caused by the existence of social boundaries, which they confusedly conflated with conservatism, and that if there was no authority, there would be no crime - everyone would just get alone groovily. These notions led directly to Reaganism, funnily enough - when they saw that what they had identified with conservatism *wasn't*, and that they had a choice between personal freedom/hedonism/discretionary income or personal responsibility/frugality/high taxes, they chose the former.
>>
>>85831076
Yep. The movie was effectively used as propaganda for the massive turning-out of mentally ill people onto the streets, too. More of the homeless are severely mentally ill now than before, when they were more likely to simply be alcoholics who got too broke.
>>
So basically Jack Nicholson WAS crazy, right? His character was definitely supposed to be there, and he was legit mentally ill, but he didn't realise it.
>>
>>85831076
>>85830798
>sadistic whore manipulated her patient into killing himself
>she did nothing wrong guys!
>>
>>85832820
How was he mentally ill?
>>
>>85833120
His brain had the disease of he was mentally ill
>>
>>85833162
What's that disease called?
>>
>>85833178
Clinical mental illness disease
>>
>>85833247
Not sure about this being the correct answer, anon.
>>
>>85832820
Seemed like he had a personality disorder, desu. He didn't have something to be treated; he was just kinda fucked up.
>>
File: doggo.jpg (22KB, 304x395px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
22KB, 304x395px
worth noting she was more evil in the book.

she also causes Billy to kill himself so that's pretty much the answer to Chief OP's question.
>>
Unsurprisingly /tv/ is full of doormat betas that are afraid of breaking the rules and getting in trouble.
>>
>>85834089
nice projection, virgin
>>
>>85834096
Mhmm.
>>
>>85834117
don't go getting yourself into trouble now
>>
>>85830798
Randie was an unlikable asshole, but we root for him because he shows true emotions.
Nurse Ratched's only emotions were internal frustration and megalomania.

Humans like people who behave like humans, even if they're dicks.
>>
>>85830798
nurse ratched is literally supposed to be the devil and mcmurphy jesus
>>
He wasn't insane. When it comes to prison, you can enter programs to lessen your stint. He chose this one thinking it would be a breeze not realizing Ratched would be his demise. She's a megalomaniac. Plain and simple. She literally sabotaged Randle.
>>
>>85834347
>we root for him because he shows true emotions
Sure

If you're a fag
>>
>>85831161
>>85833092
How did she do that? He was a minor she had to inform his parents of what happened
>>
>>85834809
emotions are the only thing that separate you from chatbot
>>
>>85835007
Sure, but that doesn't mean you should support more emotive people over less emotive people
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.