[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone knows and loves Christopher Lee for his roles in mainstream

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: one nothing wrong with lee.jpg (44KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
one nothing wrong with lee.jpg
44KB, 900x600px
Everyone knows and loves Christopher Lee for his roles in mainstream blockbusters such as Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, but what would you watch if you wanted to branch out and see him in some quality cinema?
>>
>>85830606
I'd start with the Hammer Dracula films.
You'll get Peter Cushing as a bonus.
>>
>>85830606
His postrayals of Sherlock Holmes and Dracula.
>>
>>85830606
Wicker Man, motherfucker!
>>
>>85830819
This. 100%
>>
>>85830819
This.

>>85830647
Stick to the early ones. Lee hated the later ones, because they essentially emotionally blackmailed him into doing them by saying "Look, we've got the money from the producers by saying you'll be in it. If you don't sign up, all these set builders and cameramen will be out of work."
>>
>>85831580
That's some real dickery right there.
>>
>>85830819
This.

Seriously forget everything you know about the Nick Cage remake and watch the original.
>>
File: 4523635735868.jpg (41KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
4523635735868.jpg
41KB, 620x368px
>>85830819
came here to post this
one of my favorite films
>>
You guy's know he's dead right?
>>
>>85830606
Nothing, really, he never had a substantial part in anything that wasn't schlock.
>>
>>85830606

He was great in Gremlins 2
>>
>>85830606
Nothing, he was only relevant for his meme roles in lotr and SW. The rest is pure shit.
>>
>>85831580
That was a lie on his part. They were his bread and butter, and most of what he was doing when not appearing in Hammer films was even trashier. He only stopped doing them when he thought The Man With the Golden Gun was going to lead to bigger roles in blockbusters - which never happened, 1941 is the best he did and that laid an egg.
>>
>no one appreciates his hammer film appearances

Sad desu

Like all those faggots that only know Peter Cushing for moff Tarkin and don't even rate him as Frankenstein.
>>
>>85832324
I love those films. Fanboys take their queue from Lee's disdain, which is ridiculous, as they're the only reason anyone knew who he was in the first place. They only watch them as background research, and so they have a plausible reason to parrot the conventional wisdom on them.
>>
>>85830819
Traumatising as a child/10
>>
He was great in that one funeral. Very convincing corpse.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.