[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate this movie? I thought it was great >the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 26

File: Alien-Covenant-2.jpg (98KB, 503x755px) Image search: [Google]
Alien-Covenant-2.jpg
98KB, 503x755px
Why do people hate this movie? I thought it was great

>the gory effects
>the music
>that robot fight
>that tweest (although I did see it coming)
>>
>>85817418
Retconned iconic parts of the Alina life cycle cause of Ridleys "muh vision".
How the fuck does a face higher lay an egg I a guy after only being on his face for a second and chestbursters now look like miniature adults and grow full size in 5 minutes?
>>
>>85817589
Did you miss the part about the pathogen being highly mutable?
>>
>>85817418
>Why do people hate this movie?
characters making insanely stupid decisions over and over again. it's even worse than the average horror flick.
>>
>>85817992
They made one stupid decision and that's it
>>
Killing the engineers for one thing
>>
It felt like an episode of a TV show; I'm not alone in thinking that, right? The characters touch down, hang around a hub, run back to where the film started, and then it ends on a cliffhanger- where's that a wahcky David going to show up to next?! It's just hollow, and nothing in it feels meaningful. Main actress was alright, but nothing more than "Ripley again, AGAIN" and her talents were wasted on the film.
>>
>>85818308
Name it.
>>
>robot fight

I actually laughed when this happened, what the fuck riddley was thinking?
>>
>>85818412
yeah it was badly planned especially the aggressive coyotes in the wheat that was awful and killed the mood
>>
>>85818396
>thinks thats the engineers
>>
>>85818424
Diverting to the distress call
>>
>>85817418
it was no twist
that shit was obviously coming the second Walter started repairing itself
>>
>>85818587
That's wrong. Diverting to check the planet out was the right thing to do as it cost them absolutely nothing.

Going down to the planet after 5 minutes, on the other hand, was retarded. But by then we're already in the third or 4th offense.
>>
They should have just let the audience in on the twist at the end and made it as creepy as possible instead of pretending that we were all so dumb we wouldn't totally see it coming. No one was fooled. That is the director's fault. This is the same Ridley Scott who wanted Deckard to be shown to be a replicant and got overruled by pretty much everyone involved, but no one is overruling him now.
>>
>>85817418
>the gory effects
...were all right, but nothing special, and certainly not in themselves enough to redeem the film.

>the music
...would have been great if Covenant had actually lived up to the 1979 movie. It's more insulting than anything to re-use music from the classic in such an unworthy follow-up, and it smacks of desperation. "Let's just reference the original as much as possible! Surely that will stop everyone from noticing what a turd we've made here."

>that robot fight
...was fucking garbage that belonged in an Alien movie about as much as Cameron's shooty shooty space marines belonged in an Alien movie (read: not at all). Total capeshit schlock. Embarrassing to watch, can't imagine how Fassbender must have felt having to actually perform it.

...didn't save the movie, and it was heavily telegraphed and predictable. I'll grant that the actual scene where dyke woman enters hypersleep was a bit chilling, but credit there goes to Fassie, not Ridley Scott.

Honestly, it's a fucking terrible movie, which just doesn't know what it wants to do. It goes too far with everything. If you thought Prometheus was a bit on the nose with all the Bible/mythology stuff, this movie dials it up to 11. It's just an unrelentingly inferior version of a movie that was already executed perfectly 38 years ago. Completely pointless, soulless; a blatant cash-grab that sucks the life and joy out of everything that made the original great. I've never been more disappointed in a movie I pirated.
>>
It was decent but forgettable, it just kind of felt like a remake of Prometheus but done much better.
>>
>>85817418
abysmmal. Ridley should never work again. Not even the visuals were that good unlike Prometheus.
>>
>>85817418
I remember the time when I hated the "coincidences happening to move the plot". Now I will take that shit every single day instead of simians characters acting like fucking braindeads to move the plot.
>>
>>85819314
Tennessee's wife really pissed me off. I fucking despised her very existence. She fucked over the captains wife who was actually trying to save a dude, then she blows up the ship? Fuck that bitch.
>>
>>85820487
undoubtedly the worst and dumbest character
>>
>>85817418
what made the original movie good to most people? You didnt see the alien much.............puts a bright picture of the alien on the movie poster
>>
>>85817418
I just hate how Ridley got cucked by the studio/audience after Prometheus. Yeah, it was flawed, but it was still an original story with a lot of potential to be expanded upon.
>>
>Ash
>Bishop
>Call
>David
>Walter
That's not how it's supposed to go Ridley
>>
This movie felt more like a proof of concept than an actual film. Even from the way it starts. It starts abrupt, quick, James Franco dies and we don't even know what type of person he was.

The Neomorph was also very abrupt and quick. Everything about the film felt, like there was no time to establish anything. They get on the planet, and instantly they're having trouble.

Idk, i felt like there needed to be more character moments. More lead up.
>>
>>85817992
Stupid crews are you trademark of the Alien franchise since the first movie, pleb.
You have to go back!
>>
>>85820969
They weren't stupid in the first movie though... They were completely unprepared AND were being fucked over by Ash.

Ripley specifically told him not to open the doors and he did it anyways.
>>
>>85818424
Not wearing space suits on the planet of the wheat lmaos
>>
>>85817418
whole movie was one big fucking cope out for the director and writers not to explain anything about the engineers.

>lets just genocide all of the engineers or offspring of engineers so that we dont have to explain shit!

I wish I didnt pay for this shit
>>
>>85818424
thinking space was any place for humans. robots will be the only explorers.

also trillionS$S dollar ship - some red neck & a chick can override all safety protocols. suuuuure.
>>
>where did the aliens come from
>DUDE WE INDIRECTLY CREATED THEM LMAO
>>
>>85817589
>Retconned iconic parts of the Alina life cycle

Found the AVPgalaxy faggot
>>
>this is wheat
>I know wheat
>yeah but who planted it
hmm really made me think
>>
>>85819314
>That's wrong. Diverting to check the planet out was the right thing to do as it cost them absolutely nothing.

Hey guys let's explore this unregistered planet without any equipment. I have another idea, let's split the group to see if something happens! Oh no, this guy is sick, I'm gonna take him to the ship without any precaution so I can spread whatever this is it to everyone! Look look, this plant looks like something I need to get very close to it to see it better!
>>
>>85817992
IT IS A HORROR FLICK

THEY ALWAYS HAVE BEEN HORROR FLICKS
>>
I wish Ridley had died instead of Tony
>>
>>85817418
Fun movie but horrible alien movie
>>
>>85817418
this movie is so fucking bad it retroactively ruined the whole series for me
>>85823285
Its goes from pretentious shit to horror/slasher to full on action riding spaceship around while it's attempting to take off while smashing into literally everything
the CGI looks like complete shit too, prometheus may not have been great but it looked much better overall
>>
>>85817418
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
because you are a pleb.
although the things you listed were the better parts of this mess
>>
>>85817589
it didn't retcon anything, all of the movies are still canon according to 20th century fox who owns the brand
The whole queen lifecycle is probably created by David during his experiments which are implied to happen after the end of the movie, in order to make xenos indipendent and able to self replicate
>>
>>85824070
>pleb
>namefag
Kys cunt
>>
>>85824137
In alien the derelict is stated to have been there for thousands of years. Covenant is set a few decades prior to alien. How does that work out if it isnt retconned you dumb cunt?
>>
>>85817589
Its a fucking sci fi. If you expect real science don't watch sci fi
>>
>>85818630
I saw it coming as soon as David cut his hair.
>>
>>85824233
>confusing scifi with scifantasy
>>
>david wipes out the engineers
>david creates new (alien) life
>muh David is god now
>>
itt: bunch of whiners living in the past
>>
>>85824353
T. Redditor
>>
>>85824152

>thinking this movie was great
>not killing yourself
your move anon
>>
>>85824299
whats the difference?
>>
>>85824429
>namefag
>projecting
>implying
Its a fun movie movie but the worst alien movie thus far. Kys cunt
>>
>>85824518
I didn't project or imply anything.
kys illiterate trash
>>
>>85824499
Scifi is based on science, and usually has alot of detail about it. Scifantasy is star wars. Deals with magic and mysticism as well as science.
>>
File: 5857389468997059.jpg (27KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
5857389468997059.jpg
27KB, 620x413px
>reusing the whole alien vs claw thing
>daylight xenomorphs - bye bye suspense
>obvious plot twist at the end (it's david not walter)

I actually liked Prometheus. I actually learned new things about the xenomorphs from it. What the fuck happened to the sequel we were supposed to get?

Instead we got David killing the engineers and playing God with life creation experiments.
>>
>>85824192
how does that have to do with their life cycle? That's what you were referring to in your original post. I agree that the Engineer ship with the alien eggs cannot possibly get to where it's supposed to be in 18 years and that it's retarded, Fox introduced the ability to time travel for engineer ships in an attempt to save it I guess but it's equally as stupid. Nothing about the xenomorph life cycle was altered or removed from the existing canon however
>>
>>85824561
>literally implies i think the movie is good
>still namefagging
>triggered by an anon on an anon site
reddit tier. Kys
>>
>>85824651
Time travel?
>>
>>85824651
>Nothing about the xenomorph life cycle was altered or removed from the existing canon however
The first xenomorph emerges from the captain's body fully formed within a short amount of time. It didn't need to gestate in the host body for a long time like in the original movie and it has arms and legs.
>>
>>85824815
yeah it's mentiones offhandedly in the new comics
the authors specified multiple times that producers from fox were heavily involved into making everything fit the existing canon movies and novels, so I'm just taking a guess here and saying that they mentioned the engineer ships can time travel because they're gonna need an explanation for the engineer fossil in alien 1, it is just my guess though
the comics are pretty retarded but I can forgive a lot to a comic that has threewat battles between predators, engineers and xenomorphs
>>
The whole Xenomorph (neomorph?) bursting out with full arms and legs and walking around occasionally on two feet with human-like posture was downright hilarious. I laughed anytime it showed up.

I had low expectations from the first trailer, since the complete lack of suspense and daytime just told me that Ridley has no idea what he's doing with the series.
>>
>>85824985
and yet it is not the same xenomorph yoy see in alien 1, it looks slightly different it is also extremely weaker.
The movie ends with David starting off new experiments so it will likely tie up with how the xenomorphs worked in the original movie, maybe he has to make the gestation period longer to strenghten them up, we don't know, but if the one in Covenant were already the ultimate xeno we already know there would be no porpouse to end the movie with david trying to perfect it
>>
>>85825053
>it looks slightly different it is also extremely weaker.
Didn't seem to look that different to me, and was it really weaker? It seemed faster and deadlier than the original movie's xeno, and though that could be down to better effects work and the like being available, the original crew of the first movie had no weapons on board save a flamethrower, meanwhile the crew in the new movie has firearms and they still nearly get wiped out.

Hell the white neomorph has a much more effective infection method and it seems to be more deadly than any other alien we've seen in the series so far.
>>
they basically remade prometheus in a boring and stale way
>>
>>85820969
>stupid crew
Have you actually seen Alien or Aliens?
>>
>>85825500
Yeah, and neither of the crews in those movies are stupid.

The crew in Alien are a bunch of bums way in over their heads and unprepared, the crew in Aliens are over confident and sabotaged by a corporate stooge who deliberately set them up to fail and an ill prepared commander.
>>
so we all agree that Fassbender alone carries this shitfest of a movie?
>>
>>85817418
>Stupid cast/crew made a shit movie
OH you want us to list completely why its shit?

>Script is literally a retread of Aliens and Promethus
>Actors suck
>Alien's suck
>David was the only good part of the movie and his motivations made no sense, he made no sense.
>The Script was pants on head retarded.
>everyone takes their helmets off again
>>
>>85825697
all i wanted was more noomi and david bants instead we get a bunch of shit, the new cast was so generic and bad
>>
>>85825705

This has to be bait, one simply can't be this clueless. Maybe it is possible, seing how many people can't understand a mildly intricate plot on this board.
>>
>>85825751
I'd really love to know the thinking behind "Fassbender and Rapace carried Prometheus, so let's get rid of Rapace"
>>
>>85825705
>>everyone takes their helmets off again
I am absolutely certain Scott did this to ruse everyone. There's no way he did it without any sense of irony.

>take off helmets as soon as you hit the ground
>smoke a fucking joint in the middle of the woods
>>
i was in fucking tears when the second girl slipped on the blood

worst movie I've seen in years
>>
There was a theory that David didn't create the aliens. What was it?
>>
>>85826028
>>85825705

When a character, or even a few characters do stupid shit just to advance the plot it's forgivable. When all your characters do stupid shit just to advance the plot it gets a bit insulting.

I don't agree with David's motivations making no sense though. He's a machine that was given the ability to create and learn, went *a bit* rogue and proceeded to play god. He probably killed the engineers for the same reason he put the goo in that guys drink, just wanted to see what it would do. Probably wanted to keep his head on too.

That guy is right about everything else though, they would have been much better off doing a straight continuation of Prometheus rather than trying to u-turn back towards Alien so abruptly. Or they could've just cut ties with Prometheus and started fresh, trying to do both made the whole thing a mess.
>>
File: 1486135819825.jpg (119KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486135819825.jpg
119KB, 1920x800px
>>85817418
>I thought it was great
it's fucking retarded.

also, that jew shilling and promotion of interracial couples (other than the jew couple)... holy fuck!
>>
File: pottery.jpg (460KB, 1594x1600px) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
460KB, 1594x1600px
>>
>>85826939
this, everyone was racemixing or gay
>>
>>85826939
>Imagine being this mad
Heh
>>
I will say that the captain did a good job in the film, his acting was as good as Fassbender.
>>
>>85827374
yeah franco did pretty well
>>
File: because you're worth it.jpg (265KB, 882x600px) Image search: [Google]
because you're worth it.jpg
265KB, 882x600px
>>85817418
AN ANDROID THAT GROWS HAIR

BRAVO RIDLEY, BRAVO
>>
>>85826967
the painting only worked because the background is bright and the trees look very brooding/ominous

its like the people never took a proper arts course
>>
>>85824233
>>85824499
>dude just turn off your brain
Retarded.
>>
>>85817589
Nothing was retconned. The xenos in covenent are not the same as alien 1 by a long shot, and the whole point of David's experiments was to RECREATE what the engineers had already accomplished. Thinking back to Prometheus, it's possible that the murals partially inspired him.
>>
>>85820761
I feel like we're missing something... They wouldn't choose Walter at random, would they?
>>
>>85828591

Producers (and uncredited writers) of the original Alien, David Giler and Walter Hill.
>>
>>85828535
>>>85817589
>The xenos in covenent are not the same as alien 1 by a long shot
I thought this was obvious by the fact the eggs and face huggers were different to every other representation on screen
>>
>>85820761
>Making him adhere to bullshit he didn't do
>>
>people will wear full hazmat suits when visiting a village in Africa
>will wear t-shirts and ballcaps on an alien planet because DUDE THE AIR IS BREATHABLE LMOA
>>
>the peak of the Engineer civilization is a planet with one fucking small city

what the fuck?
I expected their homeworld to be like an HR Giger Coruscant
>>
>>85829600
It was a better place
>>
Watched this last night. Absolute dogshit. That scene where you see the alien climb down the ladder on the ship and the alien's POV shots made it look like a B grade horror flick. Story was atrocious too. Who gives a fuck about the androids
>>
>>85827297
>this, everyone was racemixing or gay
Ridley Scott always has racemixing (white woman, black man) in his movies. Guy's a fucking cuck. This tiem he even had white man and a black woman couple. Only jews were not racemixing.

Disgusting man. Glad this movie failed.

>>85827978
>AN ANDROID THAT GROWS HAIR
The whole movie is stupid beyond belief.

You'd think they'd send a drone down to check shit out and you'd think the Captain would stay on the ship or at least a 2nd in command... but nope, they're all retarded and go down.

Everything in this movie is just stupid. Writers have an 80-90 IQ methinks.
>>
>>85824259
Yep. Then it was completely obvious when you don't see how the fight ends. The entire last act of the movie is just waiting for David to fuck everyone over, you know nothing else that happens matters.
>>
>>85829636
>Who gives a fuck about these sentient androids
How to spot a sociopath.
>>
>>85829636
>the alien's POV shots
This is the biggest mystery of all to me. It's incredibly obvious from the start that you just shouldn't do it, but IF you're going to do it – IF you're going to be that retarded – there are a million and one ways they could have made the POV filter more interesting than what they actually went with. I can't wrap my head around why that shit wasn't scrapped, if nothing else in the movie.
>>
The running joke about decapitation is wonderful.
>>
>>85829950
isn't it usually the androids that get decapitated though?
>>
this was terrifying
>>
>>85829959
I mean David in Prometheus was an obvious reference for sure but then Covenant goes and has the escape craft hit one of those giant engineer statues and knock off its head. It's so silly, I love it.
>>
>>85817418
Literally anything that is not David/Walter.
>>
did david ended up killing the other robot guy or did he let him live in the planet?
>>
>>85830442
Since his model can heal he's probably still chilling on the planet
>>
>>85830442
David and Walter merged together into a single character because this is a movie.
>>
What does /tv/ think of David in general and the idea to make David creator of the aliens?
>>
>>85817418
>Covenant made Resurrection make more sense than ever

BRAVO FOR ENVIABLE UNIONS

Such irony considering how Ridley is trying so hard to avoid humoring the sequels.
>>
>>85830564
It's only interesting for David as a character and the possibilities that come from it, it destroys the original creature but at this point, it has already been murdered long ago anyway.
>>
>>85817418
it's my favorite sci-fi film and also plebfilter
>>
>>85830564
I find the irony quite appropriate. "The company" has been the real antagonist from the very beginning, it is only logical that one of their own creations ends up developing a weapon tailored to genocide humanity.
>>
>>85830595
>Ridley is trying so hard to avoid humoring the sequels.
Is that why he intentionally references Aliens, Alien 3 and Resurrection in Covenant.
>>
>>85817418
It's good for it's time but very basic right now
>>
>>85817418
Because they expect it to top Alien and Aliens.

Just like Prometheus.
>>
>>85830564
David is the best thing about both movies and Fassbender is pretty great as him but the "David created the aliens" is some of the worst kind of prequel "everything must be connected" creep ever
>>
>>85830797
It's a pretty reasonable expectation, though. What's the point in making another movie if you already did it the best it could be done 40 years ago?
>>
Alien fans just want endless reboots of the original movie because no one can possibly divert from that formula with satisfying results
>>
>>85819941
gaylord detected
>>
>>85817418
loved it
>>
Even if promethus had some story telling problem it was miles better than this shit. Ridley is such a fucking hack.
>>
>>85817418
it was an enjoyable flick

promethuos was better
>>
File: 1228908428389.jpg (13KB, 450x335px) Image search: [Google]
1228908428389.jpg
13KB, 450x335px
>I just explained to you that I'm basically a fucking maniac who's hellbent on creating killer parasitic lifeforms
>by the way I have an egg right here, why don't you look into it real close
>ok!

And I thought it won't get more retarded than Prometheus was.
>>
have our standards dropped this badly? can't believe people find this enjoyable
>>
>>85825047
>The whole Xenomorph (neomorph?) bursting out with full arms and legs and walking around occasionally on two feet with human-like posture was downright hilarious. I laughed anytime it showed up.

Wait... I supposed that was the comical relief, were not they intentional comedy?
>>
>>85824233
>Science fiction isn't scientific
>Has never read Arthur C. Clarke, Asimov, the Red Mars series, Tau Zero...
>>
>>85822751
Did you read that guys post? By checking out he meant investigating the planet at an orbital level. The crew had a good reason to do that. They had only a slim projection that the original planet they were going to would be habitable. They were also without clear leadership after James Franco got burnt to a crisp in the first ten minutes. None of them really wanted to go back into cryosleep and risk another disaster that could've killed hundreds of colonists.

Of course going down into the planet despite the huge storms and then everything they did on the planet surface WAS dumb, but that wasn't the point. The point is that they took a calculated risk, which was understandable.
>>
>>85825644
>>85821069
You tards should actually rewatch those movies and look for stupid decisions and incompetence. You will find plenty if you take off your damn nostalgia goggles.

>muh unpreparedness
That's just your cognitive dissonance talking. No crew knew exactly what they're up against, not even the guys running a fucking xenomoprh research station in Alien 4, which further proofs my point.
>>
>>85831154
No they don't?

People didn't hate Prometheus because it wasn't a soft reboot of Alien, they hated it because it wasted fantastic production, a good cast and a really interesting concept on insultingly stupid schlock

and Covenant was a slightly less stupid, slightly more boring variant of Prometheus
>>
>>85831619
>insultingly stupid schlock
Audiences today just can't appreciate the campy pulp aesthetic of 50s scifi.
>>
>>85831307
I have only read the Foundation trilogy by Asimov and it's a fucking power fantasy for psychologists.
Scientific my ass.
>>
I just finished watching it and it was pretty awful
>>
>>85831542
>The crew had a good reason to do that. They had only a slim projection that the original planet they were going to would be habitable.

True, better go to an unregistered planet!

>None of them really wanted to go back into cryosleep and risk another disaster that could've killed hundreds of colonists.

How did they enter in cryosleep in the first place? Did someone lied to them in the earth saying "don't worry, everything is safe in cryo, nigga"?

>calculated risk
>exploring a planet being naked. I'm sure there is nothing poisonous or dangerous animals here!
>calculated risk

Jesus christ nigga... I understand you like the movie since it was made for people like you but... jesus christ.
>>
>>85831834
Cryosleep is traditionally perfectly safe in this universe.

They just got fucked up by a completely freak accident.
>>
I unironically love the movie BUT I understand people were pissed for two big reasons; a shamelessly sequel baity ending making the movie feel like an episode of something and all the aliens / xenos growing up at super sayan speeds.
>>
>>85817418
I think it was entertaining.
But new alien films will always be compared to Alien 1 & 2, unconsciously or not.

I like Prometheus and covenant, but I like them because of David. To be fair it's David movies, not Alien movies
>>
>I’ve heard stories about people who got up and walked out of the theater in 1979 after that famous scene with John Hurt. Alien: Covenant is more likely to send you to the lobby for nachos.
>>
>>85826967
Made me think
>>
>>85817418
I watched this last night and was STUNNED at how fucking similar it was to Prometheus in plot and general tone of "LOL FUCK I DUNNO REMEMBER ALIEN?".

Ridley Scott is a senile fucking hack trying to compensate for the failure of his scatterbrained attempt to come up an Alien prequel by coming up with a nearly identical scatterbrained attempt at an Alien prequel.
>>
One thing I'm confused about is how the Xenomorphs are made.
In Prometheus: David slips black goo into Holloway's drink, has sex with Elizabeth, she gives birth to a extract a squid creature, squid face rapes Engineer with his mouth dick 'impregnates' Engineer, Xenomorph is born.
In Alien Covenant: A Facehugger shoves his mouth dick into a human and a xenomorph is born.
Am I missing something? Am I too smart or too retarded?
>>
>>85832211
>Xenomorph is born.

they are slightly different. I think Ridley is trying to show how you get different results with different rapes.
>>
>>85832211
The answer is kinda obvious: It depends on plot's needs.
>>
>>85817418
I literally laughed out loud in the theatre multiple times while watching because of how stupid it was
>>
>>85832279
This concept was already blatantly established in Alien 3, and rehashed in Prometheus.
>>
>>85832310
>I literally laughed out loud

Admit it, you laughed just to come off as edgy
>>
>>85817418

I still don't understand how she suddenly realized it was David and not Walter.
>>
>Simplistic alien movie that only works because of the unanswered questions coupled with a very grounded realistic setting
>Let go of reality and attempt to the answer questions while making little logical sense
Bravo ridley, make conflicting movies that attempt to do the opposite of the original and fail at even making that compelling.
>>
>>85832347
The worst kind of people
>>
>>85832420
It's incredible that he did this not once but twice with the exact same subject matter, just years apart, with similar budgets.

Once you have a name in Hollywood you just seem to be able to do whatever the fuck you want to do with no fear of criticism.
>>
>>85832318
>established in
>Alien 3

there is always this fagit
>>
>>85832363
Early in the movie she has a conversation with Walter about building a log cabin or something.

In the end, she calls back to that conversation but "Walther" obviously doesn't understand what she's talking about. So either his android memory sucks or he's not actually Walther.
>>
>>85832519

Shit, you're right. Thanks
>>
>>85832363
Early in the movie, Daniels confides with Walter that she and her husband had been planning to build a log cabin by a lake on the new world they were heading to, and when she asks him what is even the point of living on without her husband Walter says to keep the promise of building that cabin.

At the end Daniels asks 'Walter' if he'll help her build that cabin referencing back to that conversation they had, and she sees that David doesn't know what she's talking about.
>>
>>85832279
You're right, it's not the same.

Xenomorph:
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/a/a3/Xenomorph_life_cycle.png/revision/latest?cb=20170602123724
Neomorph:
https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/8/86/Neomorph_Life_Cycle.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170520175311
>>
File: 56564523423.png (878KB, 882x988px) Image search: [Google]
56564523423.png
878KB, 882x988px
wish I had been in the cinema during this scene. laughed way too hard at her dumbass.
>not knowing it was david
she deserves to die
>>
>>85817589
Bunch of Scott loving faggots.he changed the origin to suit his lack of writing a decent fucking script. "oh its science fiction don't watch it if you don't want rational explanations." kys.
>>
>>85832950
>wake me up inside
>can't wake up
>>
>>85821874
Kek
>>
File: Autism test.jpg (50KB, 295x553px) Image search: [Google]
Autism test.jpg
50KB, 295x553px
>>85832950
From a viewer's perspective it's obvious that Walter was actually David, especially considering they foreshadowed that David was about to stab Walter but didn't show it. Thing is, for the character it's not a movie, it's reality. Obviously she doesn't analyze her own situation as if it's a cliche blockbuster script. She only realizes it when David doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. How is she dumb for not knowing it was David after all the traumatic shit she endured? She's had allot of stuff to take in mentally.

This stupid fucking critique of "the characters should've seen this coming" really grinds my gears. Sure it's a valid critique for some movies, but in this case you're just a bit too autistic to place yourself inside someone else's situation.
>>
>>85824070
slit your own jugular with a rusty pen knife, your videos are horrid, stop trying to push them here
>>
>>85824070
I wish you'd put as much effort in your videos as you do shilling your absolute shit on this board. Scratch that, even with effort put in your videos would still be pure crap.Follow >>85833213 and his advice.
>>
File: DGF_RTHXgAQTvhX.jpg (77KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
DGF_RTHXgAQTvhX.jpg
77KB, 640x960px
>>85817418
>I thought it was great
>>
File: 0KtD05D.gif (565KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
0KtD05D.gif
565KB, 500x293px
>>85833192

>travel thosands light years to next colony with billions expensive ship and thousands of colonists
>suddenly some ping out of nowhere
>yo guys lets dump our shit of hell expensive mission and risk everything by landing in some godforsaken planet and then do it again and again until some fucking nut robot takes over and the what?

short: what the fuck?
>>
>>85817418
Ridley gives us answers to questions we don't want answered and does not give us answers to questions we do want answered.

1. Who created the alien - I did not care about this - It was a butthurt robot
2. Why did the engineers create humans, then try to destroy them, why did they do any of this, what were hoping to gain, how did this society function - I did care about this - fuck you they are all dead now and the same butthurt robot killed them too

He gives easy answers to easy questions and doesn't even attempt to try to explain the more philosophical aspects of his universe. This is why The Martian was such a good adaptation for him. It presented easy, practical based questions and they all had practical answers. Ridley Scott, he's just a pleb now.
>>
>>85833192
You're right of course and it should be obvious for anyone without autism or <90IQ but remember where you are.
>>
>>85832211
David made the eggs the facehuggers come from
in prometheus it is just the unmodified black goo doing all the work
David says in alien covfefe that he is an amateur zoologist. He says that the first organism to appear from the goo were parasites rewriting the hosts dna
Pathogen was highly mutable so instead of neomorphs we got squid because sex
>>
>>85832950
How was the crew not informed of Walter's self-repair capabilities? I was dead sure this whore knows about the switcheroo and is just waiting for an opportunity to catch him off guard because she had to fucking go over his face with a stapler while Walter repaired a thumb sized hole in his motherfucking neck.
>>
>>85833476
Shit, i forgot.
>>
>>85833647
Shhhh anon.
It doesn't matter if their robot could self heal perfectly.
Of course they would think nothing of the older robot manually healing. That wouldn't be suspicious at all.
>>
>>85833647
Was it actually self-healing or did he just know how to reboot his own system after Dabid stabbed it's neck.
>>
>>85833800
You literally see the would closing back up. It can't regrow a hand back but that wound was repaired perfectly, which would make him requiring stitches totally retarded.
>>
>>85833800
They showed the wound and the artificial skin closing back up damn near perfectly.
>>
>>85833828
Humans regenerate wounds and we require stitching.
>>
>>85833980
And robots don't.
>>
>>85834041
Walter regenerated skin, maybe stitching helped the process like with humans.
>>
>>85817589
I'm pretty sure the eggs were made from the Prometheus girl's corpse. She looked all gross and queen-like.
>>
>>85834142
that scene wouldve been fucking lewd
fuck them for missing this out
>>
>>85834142
damn rapeface got XENOED
>>
>>85829709
>HUUURRR IF YOU DONT CARE ABOU THESE MACHIENS YOUR A CRAZY PERSON
>>
>robot fight

That bit seemed like it was only put in for the Avengers crowd to keep their attention. Worst part of the whole film, and there were some stinky bits.
>>
>>85834536
Nah the worst part by FAR were the alien scenes
Also the neomorph scenes have no tension to them
Its up in your face and it looks fake because its cgi garbage
No build up no tension and none of the characters have anything going on other than david
>>
Why the fuck do the security staff have regular AR 15 based rifles? Aliens takes place only 50 years or so later from Covenant, the security staff aern't even wearing ballestic plates and are carrying modern chest rigs from the 2010s

i can grant that the Colonial Marines actual role is to put down Colonial rebellions and therefore their meant to have better equipment then colonists but at the very least the colonists should have had some sort of futuristic gear that looks like a dated milsurp version of the Colonial Marines up to date standard issue gear
>>
>>85831275
This
>>
Alien Covenant is fantastic. However, you need to have seen the first 3 Alien movies. You need to have some background knowledge and curiosity.

The portrayal of

- Weyland Yutani is awesome
- of the Space Jockey (Enigneers) is awesome
- David is freaking awesome
- The lore about the Engineers is awesome
- The implications on what the Aliens are and how they came to be is awesome

Alien 1,2,3 = Main Movies (4 is ok as a side movie)

Alien Origin Story Trilogy: 1) Prometheus 2) Alien Covenant 3) Alien Covenant Sequel (Codename: Awakening)

Nobody who is a fan of Sci-fi and especially of the Alien franchise should listen to the haters.

Oh, and some of the worst and most stupid posters in this regard are from NeoGAF (which should come to no surprise). So, especially don't listen to those fuckwhits ;)
>>
>>85834644

what? the neomorph scenes have no tension to them? Are you retarded? they where intense and vicious as fuck. those small neomorphs where agressive as all hell.
>>
>>85834644
I loved the pale neomorph scene, that design was genuinely disturbing. Then they just kill it.

>>85834704
Incredible laziness.

But to be fair, none of the tech looked very "Alien-like", it was just very generic sci-fi shit with huge holographic displays.
>>
>>85834097
Walter regenerated a much more severe wound in the span of 5 seconds. There's no amount of mental gymnastics to justify this shit with. Even if we're going the fanboy defense force route that you seem to take for some reason and pretend the wound was somehow worse this time - which it clearly wasn't, it still doesn't excuse the smaller wounds not repairing on the other side of his face. So either the crew never knew Walter can do that, which is incredibly silly, or she just conveniently forgot, which is equally dumb.
>>
>we need to start a colony
>hire some gay people to add variety
>>
Poor Noomi, though.
>>
>>85835139
>none of the tech looked very "Alien-like"

i would have to disagree, they went to an effort to downgrade the computers from what they were in prometheus (they even included those red Xs like in the original alien on the monitors)

the problem with this that i immediatly noticed is that cinematography doesn't reflect this. in Alien you had this red and orange lighting in the ship that gave a very industrial feel to it. in Covenant you have this blue lighting on peoples faces (which is meant to be perceived by the audience as coming from the monitors). Watch the scene directly after the solar flare where they all hold the meeting and notice the differance in lighting between this modern scene and something like when Ripley goes to talk to Brett and Parker in engineering, or even just the lighting of the bridge or the hallways.

even after downgrading the actual props the lighting still gives you that stupid sleek modern Apple aesthetic. its a failure on the cinematographer and Ridleys part
>>
>>85817589

Go back to your AVP movies you retard.
>>
>>85817418

Both Prometheus and Covenant are shit. Only Fassbender makes for any reason to see them. From an Alien lore standpoint, it's the worst retcon bullshit ever, the fucking android in the original Alien wasn't even in the script until the execs intervened and said it would be a cool thing, now these hacks make it the creator of the alien species...

And if the nonsense story wasn't enough, the characters are artifically stupid as a lazy plot device, because the writers are absolutely talentless.

At least we got some great comedy out of this, the scene in Prometheus where Charlize Theron runs in a straight path of a slooowly rolling spaceship just so that the can be crushed is one of the most pathetic things ever caught on film in a big budget motion picture.

Saw that Covenant was already out on Bluray, Fox must be desperate to get some money back from this turd.
>>
>>85834704
Is there really much difference between Steyr AUGs with sci-fi looking attachments and M1A1 Thompsons with sci-fi attachments, which is what the Pulse Rifles were?

They weren't even really super advanced guns, despite the name they still just shot bullets.
>>
>>85835313

I disagree. What exactly "From an Alien lore standpoint" is so bad about them?
>>
>>85835365
yes there is. the Pulse RIfles had an entirely new Chassis while you can clearly tell in Covenant it is a Steyr Aug with modern rails and Eotech shit on it. Even their costume design looked like it takes place in 2010
>>
>>85835365
>Steyr AUGs with sci-fi looking attachments
They don't look sci-fi if you ever seen a modern firearm. They have fucking ACOGs ffs. Pulse Rifle was heavily modified and even though I know a biut about firearms I wouldn't have figured out it's made of a Tommygun (I guess the bolt handle and slot are the giveaways, but you don't really see it from that angle that often). Spas-12 is more prominent in the gun since they actually took one of its external and highly notable features, but overall M41A is just an iconic and unique design.

You'd have more point with a Smartgun I guess, because you can clearly see MG-42 in it. Or the pistols, they didn't bother making those look sci-fi.
>>
File: 1501475436519.jpg (30KB, 439x247px) Image search: [Google]
1501475436519.jpg
30KB, 439x247px
>>85835058
I love the Alien movies and sci-fi in general yet I fucking loathe covenant, just because it's got "cool shit" in it doesn't excuse it from being a shit film.
>>
>>85835550
>Or the pistols, they didn't bother making those look sci-fi.

i think those are actually meant to be just straight up 1911s and were more personal weapons like Hicks out of date shotgun which they even explicity have to say is a family heirloom
>>
>>85835662
I don't remember any 1911s, IIRC they had two kinds, some Smith and Wesson, which is supposed to be an older model, and H&K VP-70, which is a rare and very sci-fi looking handgun.

Handguns are like the least important military weapon though, so it makes sense to have ones that are pretty old in your military.
>>
File: 1972435698763425.jpg (307KB, 1280x1306px) Image search: [Google]
1972435698763425.jpg
307KB, 1280x1306px
>>85835430
Yeah, there aren't even token 'futuristic' mods to the Covenant guns, they're just standard model guns with attachments
>>
Is this guy Oram the most baindead captain ever?
>>
>>85817418
Can you imagine if this was a DC movie how would DCucks defend it for being "philosophical" and with a deep "symbolism"?
>>
I love Alien and to see Rudley destroy it like this is sad. Its not his movie, that old bastard needs to step aside.
>>
So was the planet David sends the dudes to at the end the same planet in Alien 2?
>>
David is easily the best character that's existed in this series so the new movies get a pass from me for that.
>>
>>85823285
I would argue none of the ones after 1 are horror
>>
>>85836424
Alien 2 planet is where they found one of Engineers' ships, so probably not.

There was supposed a third movie that would DEFINITELY REALLY answer the questions and also bring an end to David's arc but Covenant bombed so now there's talk about rebooting Alien.

>>85836485
3 very much is.
>>
>>85835058
kill yourself that would be awesome
>>
>>85835550
rofl, I won't lie, living in a No Guns Allowed country the closest I've ever been to a gun is playing Battlefield and all it takes to look sci-fi to me is to be a P90, something smooth and rounded or something vaguely unconventional like Vektor guns
>>
>>85817418
Why did they fly into the storm instead of literally any where around it?
>>
>>85831263
This was the funniest part of the movie to me

We're going on 20 years of Alien now and we're still fucking doing the looking into the egg bit

I feel like at this point its just meant to be a joke
>>
I thought it was funny to bother hiring James Franco and then have him die 2 minutes into the movie
>>
>>85833647
this holy shit

I thought the twist was actually going to be that she knew the whole time and was ready to gut him
>>
Anyone else find it scarier when its just 1 xeno that's a threat instead of a horde?
>>
>Xenomorphs were created by the Engineers and that David has been attempting to replicate them, and is not their creator.
>Scott stated in an interview that this was originally going to be the case in the film, but late into development he decided that making David the sole creator would be more interesting.
>>
>>85836749
But what about the fucking murals in Prometheus?
>>
File: thingken man.jpg (17KB, 288x284px) Image search: [Google]
thingken man.jpg
17KB, 288x284px
>anon, i did release that magic black gas which drove this species to extinction
>since then i have been experimenting and perfecting the ultimate parasitic life form
>as you already know this creature requires a human host from which to be born
>unfortunately being here, alone, with no animals on the planet, i have missed one critical component
>can you guess what it is, anon?
>can you guess what i require in order to continue my creative process of these parasitic creatures?
>these creatures which, as you have already seen, i take no qualm with after they kill you humans
>anyway, why don't you just look in these egg right here, anon
what do you do?
>>
>>85836831
He's too senile to care.
>>
>>85836847
Shoot the bucket of bolts in the face, do a 360, and walk right out of there.
>>
File: 1260486.jpg (769KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1260486.jpg
769KB, 1920x1080px
I watched this yesterday and it was the most retarded I've seen in years. Every single character is an IQ 89 retard. Even the engineers who designed the machines and software were stupid. Nothing makes any sense. Holy shit. It's like this is set in a bizarro universe where every being is legally retarded. I had the urge to slam my head into my desk every couple minutes because someone did something insanely stupid, for example this scene >>85836847
I laughed out loud in the end, because the twist was so cheap and foreseeable and yet so poorly executed that it was surprising again. Incompetence nestled inside of incompetence. Mind blowing that this was a major production, it has the feel of a bad syfy original movie.

Compared to this, Prometheus was a masterpiece. And Prometheus was a 5/10 movie.
>>
The Ridley Scott School of Film
>crew of racially mixed and mostly young jobbers and or scientists
>whoa dude, check out this crazy new planet, it's just like Earth!
>whoa dude, check out these crazy ruins, make sure to split up and make dumb decisions!
>whoa dude, this alien thing is totally making me sick dude!
>whoa dude I'm like dying/murdering people and maybe even contagious!
>whoa dude you made a tough call and murdered me, that must have been tough!
>whoa dude, look out for these aliens they're a real threat dude!
>whoa dude the real threat was the robot all along, never trust them, for they are not human!
>whoa dude we murdered the robot and thankfully it impacted its robot wisdom before dying like a human!
>whoa dude, the alien is still here and it's the real REAL threat!
>whoa dude airlocks!
>whoa dude we ended on a crazy cliffhanger setting up a direct sequel, you can totally smash that shit in the next sequel with a throwaway line of dialogue!
>>
File: 1500037531001.jpg (88KB, 1310x932px) Image search: [Google]
1500037531001.jpg
88KB, 1310x932px
Dood wheat lmao xD

muh velolciraptor scene from jurassic park lol
except the monster is plainly vcisible and easy to shoot its just inmvulvnerable to bullets most of the time
we dont understand filmmaking and human emotions we just poorly copy good stuff that we are too dumb to get
>>
>>85833192
You've got to be even more retarded than I am for taking this bait to not even contemplate the possibility that the duplicitous psychopath android might just have been the one who won the fight you didn't witness the outcome of, and that he might be being a duplicitous psychopath again.
>>
File: 1489046001307.png (95KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1489046001307.png
95KB, 200x194px
>>85837075
i liked the the burning ship scene where he sees the girl burning for like 2 seconds but the baby aliens chasing through wheat really shot the movie in the head for me
>>
Does anybody have that infographic explaining the bonus situation?
>>
File: idiots 6 and 7.webm (3MB, 1800x750px) Image search: [Google]
idiots 6 and 7.webm
3MB, 1800x750px
BEST SCENE
>>
>>85837392
Like a fucking B movie
>>
>>85837392
They also did the thing again where the alien created 100 pounds of body mass out of thin air within a few seconds.
>>
>>85837477
My favorite bit was the miniature alien chestburster that looked like a NECA action figure. Absolute kino
>>
File: 1498911572001.jpg (6KB, 462x434px) Image search: [Google]
1498911572001.jpg
6KB, 462x434px
>alright we have the alien locked in, we are safe
>"hey I have the dumbest plan how to get it out the ship, let's risk our life and set it free and throw all our shit out and hope it doesn't break out halfway through"
Every scene in this movie was stupid.

>"Hey, there's an alien signal from a planet that is much more inhabitable than our original target and it takes like 5 minutes to get there, should we check it out?"
>NO THIS IS A VERY BAD IDEA BUT I WONT GIVE ANY REASON WHY I THINK SO *DRAMA*".
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>85837392
I love how these cunts were so bad they literally blew up the ship with their bullshit. Very realistic though
>>
>>85817418
I enjoyed it desu
>>
>>85837720
because the ditsy jawless cunt wanted muh lake. how the fuck some rock climber who wanted to go into space and bring a load of timber to make a log cabin got to be captain of a colonisation mission i don't know

also why even let homos on a colonisation mission, they aren't going to colonise shit
>>
>David is going to turn the girl from covenant into an alien queen
My fucking dick
>>
File: idiots 8.webm (3MB, 1400x582px) Image search: [Google]
idiots 8.webm
3MB, 1400x582px
>>85837751
that scene was next to do
>>
File: gun.png (1MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
gun.png
1MB, 1920x800px
>>85835768
Beretta 92FS Brigadier inox
>>
>>85817418
No tension, pretentious as fuck, retarded characters.
>>
Honestly I'm finding myself watching less and less films. It's just that this whole gay and interacial shit is being constantly shoved down my throat everywhere I look.

Was the interacial shower scene even needed ? At least the black guy died a really silly death.

I'm just so tired of it, tired of it all. Like dark tower, what a fiasco.
>>
It was a 6/10 movie

It wasn't bad and it wasn't good
>>
once they reach David, the movie actually gets good
up until that point its a bunch of non-developed characters being complete idiots
David honestly carried the entire film. I really liked his quote "Reign in hell or serve in heaven." All this time he tries to create a perfect being, but the alien isnt it, despite him calling describing it as just that. Just look at how much value he places into art and creation. The alien is never going to create, explore, feel. They are beings for him to reign over. In the end proving that humans are still superior. But at the same, his flawed way of thinking makes him more human

keeping in some of the sexual imagery was a nice touch
overall not bad/10
>>
File: covenant ship.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
covenant ship.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>85840263
>sexual imagery
I kek'd at this shot
>>
>>85817418
Because they shit all over the great storyline Prometheus started and went back to the shit tier alien franchise.
I guess a clue was in the name but the Prologue: The Crossing lied to us.
>>
>>85838077
>Weyland-Yutani are the most evil corporation that ever existed
>still nice enough to do diversity hires at literally no benefit to them and in fact to great expense
>>
>>85840347
Haha looks like a pensi
>>
Noomi Rapace is killed off screen for no reason whatsoever.

they didn't even go to the engineer homeworld to find out why they wanted humans dead.

everything is just because an android got a god complex.
>>
>>85817589
t. phone poster
kys
>>
>>85818412
I do feel like thats one of the problems, fans of the series still hold Alien in high regard, but its to Fox or whatever studio owns it, its just another monster/horror franchise. Im pretty sure if they invested Disney tier money on an Alien movie and hired a non-senile director we could have something good. Instead we are left with something bland as fuck.
>>
>>85840263
Fassie still turns in good performances, but the way David was written in this film was basically a caricature of David in Prometheus. Whereas he only quoted classics before, now he only speaks in Early Modern English. His stupid long hair and constant weeping is Anne Rice-tier bullshit, and there's nothing interesting about his character any more now that he's explicitly villainous. His whole draw in Prometheus the uneasiness resulting from his polished android servant demeanor and creepy curiosity. In this movie, he's fully crossed the line, and all that mystery and intrigue goes with it.
>>
>>85819941
Shut the fuck up, theres no such thing as """"""""""""""doesnt belong in an Alien""""""""""" movie, who decides whats canon and what isnt is Scott not you fuckface.
>>
>>85832950
>before alien covenant
>after alien covenant
>>
>>85831263
I understand where youre coming from and yes, the captains behavior looked idiotic as fuck, but I think it only happened because it was poorly handled. In their reality they would never expect an android to try to kill a human, so even though he was seeing some weird shit he had no reason to suspect David, an android, wanted to fuck him.
Which again is a recurrent theme in Alien movies, how you cant really trust androids etc.
>>
File: fuckface.png (3KB, 697x32px) Image search: [Google]
fuckface.png
3KB, 697x32px
>>85841742
>who decides whats canon and what isnt is Scott
>>
>>85840263
Exactly.
>>
>>85836749
>the senile old bastard makes it up as he goes

we know
>>
File: 93485848956.jpg (38KB, 410x413px) Image search: [Google]
93485848956.jpg
38KB, 410x413px
>>85838094
Instead of chest bursting Dabid should engineer a hybrid that can be born in the natural sense, thus not wasting the one ingredient he didn't have at first,... hosts for the parasites.
I mean he has 2000 colonists now, why not experiment on the males and keep all the females around for later.
You could have endless xenomorphs, neomorphs, squids, you name it.
Thread posts: 252
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.