[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly didn't know this episode was written by a woman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 23

Honestly didn't know this episode was written by a woman on my first watch, and thought it was actually pretty okay.

After learning it was written by a woman whose never written for television before I went back and watched it, and with this context, I noticed how awful it actually was. Gags I thought were just gags were now more apparent of the agenda they were trying to push.

It got me thinking, what are some other times were blatant agenda pushing and bad writing was masked because you didn't know the context behind who was writing it?
>>
File: 1500405253782.jpg (1021KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500405253782.jpg
1021KB, 1920x1080px
JUST SHAKE THAT ASS BITCH AND LET ME SEE WHAT YOU GOT
>>
>>85814838
lol go be gay somewhere else fag
>>
isn't summer underage?
>>
>>85814838
So let me get this straight. When you thought it was written by a man you enjoyed it, but when you realized it was written by a women you hated it. That is some dumb bullshit.
>>
>>85814838
You sound like a faggot, if you liked the episode at first and hate it now that you know a woman wrote it you are like little baby
>>
>>85814838
I could FEEL that it was one of the female writer episodes. It actually took me aback since I liked S3E1 so much, but after looking it up the first episode was written by a man. It makes so much sense now.
>>85814909
ummm she's an empowered woman you alt-right shitlord
>>
>>85814920
>>85814921
Once I knew who was behind it, I was able to pick up on subtle things on a second watch which made me realize it was awful.

It's like when I saw Prometheus in theaters and thought it was good then people on /tv/ told me about all the plotholes and when I rewatched it it was a convoluted mess.
>>
>>85814838
>it wasn't bad to me until someone TOLD ME it was bad!

The episode was garbage, but you're still an idiot.
>>
>>85814909
She's "arbitrary highschool age".
>>
>>85814984
>The episode was garbage

lol
>>
>>85814984
This. I did not know who was the main writer and was disappointed. Especially after episode 1 wich got my hopes up.
>>
File: IMG_0651.jpg (39KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0651.jpg
39KB, 396x382px
Friendly reminder hat if you enjoy this show you have to go back
>>
>>85814972
You sound like a sexist hipster.
>>
>>85815072
that's just a typical way of digesting and criticizing art
>>
>>85814838
>Gags I thought were just gags were now more apparent of the agenda they were trying to push.

Such as? Explain yourself.
>>
>>85814972
You REALLY need to stop letting anonymous shitposters on this board influence the way you consume and think about entertainment media.
>>
>>85814909
was my first thought aswell

muricans are usually hypersensitive when it comes to "underage sex", especially when Hemorraghe was clearly an adult man
>>
File: 1499721303388.jpg (40KB, 384x381px) Image search: [Google]
1499721303388.jpg
40KB, 384x381px
>posting literally exactly the same bait on two separate boards
I fucking hate your kind
>>
>>85814838
Guess that explains why it focuses so much on the sister despite the fact that Rick has no history of giving a shit about her. She isn't even from his universe ffs. None of the family but Morty is.

It is clear they are trying to go in a new direction, problem is there is no good reason for it story wise.
>>
kind of different, once I learned it was by a woman it made a lot more 'sense' to me. It wasn't a bad episode, but it was kind of bleh and learning it was written by woman gave it more context
>>
>>85814838
If you didn't notice it on your own, you're just a hack.
>>
>>85816889
I love when crossposters call this stuff out. Fuck off OP.
>>
>>85814838
it was very on par. it was clever and still kept the obscure R&M humour alive.

next bait.
>>
Rick and Summer is a much better pairing than Rick and Morty. I, for one, can not wait for more.
>>
>>85814909
She looks old enough to be 18.
>>
>>85815051
Tfw I've been here 8 years and cucks like this will forever be in denial that some people grow out of being so autistic they hate things for being popular with the people that shun them.
>>
>>85814838
I actually could tell it was one of the female writer heavy episodes within the first few moments, and absolutely couldn't be convinced otherwise when it started focusing on Summer.

Thanks OP for confirming how powerful my ability to sense this kind of shit is. I take a lot of pride in it.
>>
>>85814838
Jesus fucking christ you alt right autists are retarded
>I thought this episode was good
>I found out it was written by a woman
>Now I think it sucks and I'm going to whine about it on the internet
You're stupid. Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.
>>
>>85818722
>alt right

I hope you don't expect to be taken seriously by spouting your bogeyman?
>>
>can visit /tv/ and find shitty R&M threads where faggots read too much into a cartoon show
U guys r so kewl
>>
>>85816922
>Rick has never given a shit about her
>Completely ignoring the devil pawn shop episode
>Completely ignoring how he relates more to summer in general but she's been too busy to join in all of the adventures
You faggots don't even watch the show you're trying to shit on
>>
that one show on the bbc about people freaking over pedos
seemed funny then but looking back it's a dodgy message especially considering what the bbc were doing at the time
>>
File: polonius.jpg (64KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
polonius.jpg
64KB, 600x402px
>>85814838
You stopped liking it after you found out a woman wrote it
>>
>>85814920
This is probably a but blasted redditor.
Dont get baited like this.
>>
Thought this ep was hilarious--but the Summer scenes with her love interest are cancer.
>>
>>85814920
>When you thought it was written by a man you enjoyed it, but when you realized it was written by a women you hated it.

It's a bait post by a triggered redditor trying to expose "hypocrisy" by writing it herself. Screencap and post there for karma.
>>
>>85818608
>hey look I can not only smell but I can also taste shit very well once it's showed down my throat :D

You sound like a bigger faggot than op.
>>
>>85814838
I knew immediately when Summer spat alcohol into the engine and Rick replied with "Summer for the win!"
>>
>>85814838
No-burger here
Where do you watch this?
is this on the level of Nichijou?
>>
>>85814838
>this piece of shit episode took 1.5 years to produce

What the fuck? This is the best they could come up with all that time?
>>
>>85814909
In my state AOC is 16
>>
>>85815051
Go back where??? I've been here for over 10 years now. Day in day out. I don't think I ever missed a day. I'm a fucking pathetic 29 year old loser. This is my home and I like this show. So fuck off.

That being said, I didn't like it the first time around but I watched it with a friend again last night and I enjoyed it more the second time around. It still has some very bad moments and it's definitely not something I'm going to be coming back to a few months down the road...
>>
i just found it really boring
such lame attempts to be funny
no surprise it came from a woman writer
>>
>>85814909
she's a fucking cartoon. she's not even drawn well you dumb retard
>>
I'm a little confused as to why they were in a post apocalyptic world? I think I missed the beginning but yeah what was that all about?

That being said, Rick And Morty functions off of being entertaining, not funny. This show has not made me laugh out loud once and idk why people are complaining now. Does this show actually have any jokes? I haven't seen one yet, besides in the first episode. I've mentioned this before. This show doesn't have jokes or wit like The Simpsons or Futurama, possibly even Family Guy, sadly. Family Guy might just be a lot of MUH REFERENCES but they also at least threw in some shit you could laugh at in the early seasons, no matter how stupid. Rick and Morty doesn't even try to be funny. A jellybean rapist is not funny. That's retarded. A leprechaun getting disemboweled isn't funny, that's just gross. Rick And Morty is "dramatic plot" minus any jokes at all. I guess the humor is supposed to be Rick being an asshole? Or Morty stuttering and going "Aw jeez"? Or Jerry being pathetic? Yeah, not getting it.
>>
>>85821259
No, I just realized it. Rick and Morty's humor is
>Stupid alien names eg "Schlippy dippy ding dong"
>Breaking the fourth wall
>Catchphrases "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub" "Get Schwifty" "TINY RIIIICK!!!" "PICKLE RIIIIIICK!!!"
>Jerry being pathetic
>>
File: 1380618027467.png (66KB, 555x424px) Image search: [Google]
1380618027467.png
66KB, 555x424px
>>85815051
>posts from his phone
>"le you have to go back XD"
>>
>>85814838
You posted this same fucking thread on /co/ Dan. Fuck off.
>>
>>85821259
>forgetting the entire inception episode
The ending made me laugh
>>
>>85820112
This
>>
File: 0OqCCFY.gif (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
0OqCCFY.gif
2MB, 1280x720px
IM UPVOTE RIIICK
>>
>reddit and memey
stop spreading this trash
>>
>>85820287
Don't forget the WHOA COOL and Carpen them DMS
>>
>>85821259
jellybean rapist was funny though
>>
File: wdf.png (73KB, 334x345px) Image search: [Google]
wdf.png
73KB, 334x345px
I need some /g/ insight here guys, I've never watched anything related to this show, I posted in this thread earlier, and now fucking pic related

Seriously, is hiruchan selling us?
>>
>>85820105
Not really. It was just a device for rick to show how flimsy the notions of love and attraction really are and that they're usually based on nothing more than heightened emotional states, comfort seeking, and fall apart when exposed to the mundane.
>>
>>85822213
if you watched anything even remotely related to tv, humor, or live streams that can pop up
>>
>>85814838
This was the worst episode of Rick and Morty. None of the jokes landed. S3Ep1 was a really strong episode, but this was such a weak follow up.
>>
>watching anything that a women is involved in
Plebs
>>
It was a filler episode.
>>
>>85814838
>I'm an unobservant faggot that doesn't notice shit until others have formed my opinions for me
The world in a nutshell these days.
>>
>>85821334
Yeah, if you're only able to understand shallow humor. Those stupid alien names, the catchphrases, breaking the 4th wall are all just shoving your nose in the fact that scifi tropes are pretty retarded. It's ironic, post-scifi that makes fun of the genre and the consumer of both facets (science fiction, and science fantasy). The humor is in the fact that you as the viewer, and possibly the consumer of factory-grade sci-fi, don't understand that it's making fun of you and your petty expectations of fanservice via tropes, which is what actually destroyed a perfectly good genre. There are infinite possibilities with a future setting in which science takes off and outpaces mankind, but you want to see humanity win. You want to see Jerry not be a stupid cuck. You want to see rick learn a lesson and gain his humanity. You want morty to develop into a competent scientist. You want all the same shit you've been fed before and rick is both aware of and disgusted by that, but will do it if (and only if) absolutely necessary for his continued existence. He'll give it to you good, too. He'll do it in a way that you're not exactly okay with but still technically followed your petty tropes, only twisted a bit.
>>
>>85822625

>Two fucking years in production
>Filler episodes

PICKLE RICK!
>>
File: 1483922491335.jpg (2KB, 115x125px) Image search: [Google]
1483922491335.jpg
2KB, 115x125px
>new female writers probably won't have summer piss herself again as much
>>
>>85822725
what is it about rick and morty that drives people to post shit like this
>>
women cant create art.

are you guys really surprised this turned to be fucking dogshit? theres no humor just mean stuff and lots of animosity towards what the "writer" hates.
>>
>>85822846
PICKLE
>>
>>85818722
Way to completely miss the original point. I originally thought the agenda-pushing was ironic, when you realise it was written by a woman you realise it was trying to be serious (just sloppily done).
>>
>>85822846
People say shit like rick and morty is smart and deep and they think they are better than everyone.

If people said it was just a turn your brain off family guy in space type show(which it is) nobody would care
>>
File: 1501486134489.jpg (118KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1501486134489.jpg
118KB, 960x540px
I honestly think American Dad is smarter than this show.
It's also a lot funnier, even in it's 14th season.
Meanwhile R&M went to shit after only 1 season. Not impressed.
>>
>watch show and enjoy it
>realize a woman wrote it
>rewatch show and find reasons to hate it

only on /pol/
>>
>>85814972
>I was able to pick up on subtle things on a second watch which made me realize it was awful.

And by subtle things you mean the opinions of your internet "friends" and your fear of deviating from them
>>
Low quality bait.
>>
>Summer barely used seasons 1 and 2
>Practically the main character in this episode

Really activates the old almonds
>>
File: IMG_5293.png (3MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5293.png
3MB, 2208x1242px
>>85814838
Yeah I knew it was written by a women right away when summer and this dude were being set up to fuck. Just typical women ruining everything. Just typical
>>
>>85819889
Don't forget
>shitting on Summer's idea to turn himself young and hunt vampires to save face in front of the family, then doing that exact thing because he wants to spend time with her
>>
When will writers realize men and women have different tastes and you cant mix them without getting shit
>>
>It's a man gets upsets that someone said something bad about a woman episode

Oh boy, I love this one!
>>
>>85814838
this is written like bait
why did you go out of your way to say "hey what are some other things where you were completely okay with them and thought they were good but then your opinion changed when something completely unrelated to the show itself revealed itself to you"
>>
>>85822368
>>85814951

S3E1 was so epic. I mean, we did it bros! We actually fucking did it! SZECHUAN SAUCE IS BACK!
>>
>>85818608
this comment makes sense because it's statistically shown that men think women are "dominating" conversations once they speak 30% of the time
>>
>>85814838
I don't know about all of that. The episode just felt lazy to me. Did someone mention that it was originally two episodes pieced together? It felt that way.

Just bad writing. It felt like an episode of Itchy Scratchy & Poochy. I was waiting to be let in on the joke, but no, the episode was serious.
>>
File: 5lgNzY5.jpg (75KB, 800x744px) Image search: [Google]
5lgNzY5.jpg
75KB, 800x744px
>>85820517
>at least 28
>still on 4chan

>>85818589
>at least 26
>>
>>85823939
>everyone posted on 4chan when they were 18
>26 and 28 are old
>I--I'll leave when I'M 20, though!
Just accept it.
>>
>>85824178
I never said you were wrong
>>
>>85823718
Because women are annoying and shallow.

Im genuinely surprised on the odd occasion a women says something interesting. I wish they would shut up most of the time.

I can see why most men think this way and frankly agree with them.
>>
File: 1500658438934.png (110KB, 286x217px) Image search: [Google]
1500658438934.png
110KB, 286x217px
>Male writers
>can accurately portray men, women, mothers, fathers, husbands, wives, and children, comically and dramatically

>Female writer
>can only write material for one of two female characters, its a romance plot that fails their own Bechdel test metric

REALLY fires up the almonds
>>
>>85824475
I used to think the woman hate was a meme, but the more I interact with them, the more I see it is absolutely true. I only put up with the vast majority of them because I want to fuck them.
>>
>>85814838

>likes something till he finds out it was made by a woman

>complains about agendas

the irony
>>
>>85814838
lets be honest, you watch a show aimed at teens. You are a twat and you should leave this world.
>>
>>85822998
It's not at all just space-family-guy. It really is shitting on sci-fi tropes and the fanbase. Look at Doc and Mharty for confirmation, or remain ignorant and completely miss the (not even subtle) point. I'm not really certain how you even missed that, considering I'm not smart like (you think) I'm claiming to be and all that.

You fags watch an episode or two and think you have the formula figured out, but it's being spoon-fed to you and you still can't taste it.
>>
>>85814838
I knew it was gonna be shit when summer killed not-immortan joe with 1 shot from a sawed off and rick said WOAH THAT WAS AWESOME.
fucking cringe
>>
>>85814838
>It got me thinking, what are some other times were blatant agenda pushing and bad writing was masked because you didn't know the context behind who was writing
I noticed a quality drop in S2 of rick and morty as well as some pretty obvious star trek tv series tier
>>
>>85823410
S1 of crazy ex gf was quite good, that show she made went to shit fast when s2 started, women cant write for shit
>>
>>85814972
you're just an oblivious retard with horrible taste bruh
prometheus was a garbage movie even ignoring the plotholes
>>
The only vaguely good part of the episode was Morty's subplot. The rest was either recycled from other episodes or just not good.

It felt like the writer really wanted to reach a couple scenes near the end of the episode, and then they started contriving nonsense to get them there. Rick and Summer were both behaving wildly out of character. None of the scenes flowed into each other well. No sense of urgency or adventure. Nothing happened. It was a boring fucking episode with shitty jokes.

> Hey remember when we made robots ponder their own existence!? You pass butter! Remember that!? You'll like it way more the second time!

It's not that women can't write. Women are very capable of writing.

This particular woman can't write.
>>
Is there really any backlash over this episode or are you just being contrarians per usual, 'cause I can't find any except for here?
>>
>>85825746
>Rick and Summer were both behaving wildly out of character.
I love how they explained it as
>muh breakup divorce is causing our STRANGE BEHAVIOR
yeah it did feel really out of place

Its gonna end up like every other show, gonna go into self parody territory soon
>>
>>85825794
Yeah normies dont really like it

http://www.vulture.com/2017/07/rick-and-morty-recap-season-3-episode-2-rickmancing-the-stone.html
>9.7
compared to
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5218228/?ref_=ttep_ep1
>8.7
WHEEEEEEEEEZE
>>
>>85826061
>>8.7
>WHEEEEEEEEEZE
8.7 is a pretty typical IMDB score for the series?
>>
>>85816780
Ironic, because that's exactly what you're doing. Should he take your advice or not?
>>
I can't tell what's real and what's fake anymore.
>>
>>85814972
If you thought Prometheus was good when you saw it in theaters then you've already discredited yourself from having reasonable opinions.
>>
>>85814838
>After learning it was written by a woman
Were you trying to prove the female collective's point?
>>
>>85814838
I didn't know that but I noticed straight away that summer has become some badass nihilistic killing machine overnight while I'm older seasons she was writen like an actual teenage girl.

Now she's basically become part of a trio with no development to get her there and you just know its because of all the sjw whining that was going on between seasons
>>
>>85814920
t. roastie
>>
>>85822625
Huh, I thought it was a character development episode showing how the family was dealing with a divorce, but I guess it was filler.
>>
I didnt watch much and missed the first like 5 minutes, but the episode was funny enough to me, at least just the Morty bits with his monster arm.
>>
>>85822677
new age plague when ?
>>
>>85826694
>If you thought Prometheus was good when you saw it in theaters then you've already discredited yourself from having reasonable opinions.
But "light entertainment" movies and TV shows and such are made specifically so that you don't notice all the stupidity, they put you on an emotional/action rollercoaster and you're not supposed to look at the scenery. If you don't have a very high IQ or a particularly analytical mind, you'll just leave the cinema with a general impression and you won't even remember the plot details.

Now, if someone tells you what to pay attention to beforehand, obviously it's not going to be the same theme park ride.
>>
>>85821048
>she's a fucking cartoon
Name a single place in the western world where that distinction matters
>>
>>85814838

you're so, so close to self-awareness, but oh so fucking far away.
>>
I dunno, I thought the episode was "fine". It wasn't good but it wasn't as bad as episode 1 which was just a wankfest of 'oh Rick is so great, look how he effortlessly kills all his enemies'. Where's the tension in a show like that? I mean, after the season premiere, why are a few wasteland raiders a threat to Rick when he can literally gun down whole rooms of soldiers himself? Why not just mindswap the ruler? Why not release monsters to kill them all? Or just make a virus or something, they have no doctors.

The premiere was the equivalent of a "chicken fight" episode from Family Guy, a comedy show trying to fill massive gaps in humorous content by adding some poorly rendered fight animations.
>>
>>85815051
>IMG_
>>
>>85824650
Welcome to life enjoy your stay
>>
>>85822725
My god.
>>
>>85823826
>Did someone mention that it was originally two episodes pieced together? It felt that way.
That's an interesting thought. Now that you've mentioned it, I can see that being entirely possible. It does, indeed, feel like that.
>>
>>85814909
She was but by now she should be 18. The characters don't seem to age so yeah
>>
>>85814838
My experience was partially the exact opposite of yours... Though I also had no idea it was written by a woman, I noticed the blatant agenda pushing and poor writing when I saw it the first time. I was also put off by the episode making fun of divorce, and Rick strange, out of character repeated praise and overt partiality to Summer, among a few other things. Once I found out it was written by a woman, the cringe I felt while watching it all made sense.
>>
File: philosophy morty.jpg (260KB, 693x547px) Image search: [Google]
philosophy morty.jpg
260KB, 693x547px
Rick and Morty is so dope guys!

>EPIC DARK ADVENTURES!

>PICKLE RICKLE WILL GIVE THE TICKLE
>>
>all these /tv/dditors responding to obvious bait
Please, just leave. Nobody wants you around.
>>
>>85814972

Well at least you're honest about your retardary.
>>
>>85815051
fuck off weeb
>>
>>85824475
*tips*
>>

>not today satan, no (you) for you
>>
>>85816922
Calling Summer 'the sister' in an attempt to pretend you don't watch the show while also talking about plot points within it. Hmmmmmmmmm, secretly enjoy the show, anon?
>>
>>85814838
Doctor who
>>
>>85814909
Morty is a father.
>>
>>85814838
I just fucking love Rick and Morty, in the way that I fucking love science. It's so random and cool - it's like the show was designed for us Redditors, see? My mom says I have an unhealthy obsession with the show, but she just doesn't understand how funny it. I wish I could live in the Rick and Morty world and be their friends. Everything would be really and cool and funny if I did. Rick and Morty are so funny and I'm so awesome that it would make perfect sense, but it'd be even better if Bernie Sanders appeared. It'd be so awesome I'd turn up the TV in the common room of my dorm up all the way so everyone could hear the greatness of Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, bacon, weed, atheism, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Sweden, Bill Nye, 90s cartoons, cats, and fucking loving science.

I run the Rick and Morty Club at my school - we come together, browse Reddit, make some Deadpool memes and watch Rick and Morty. We don't talk to each other but there's a cute girl there I'm gonna try and ask out. I'm a nice guy and I dress well (fedora + trench coat + brown-stained underwear + well-trimmed beard lightly seasoned with dust and corn syrup) so I just know I've got a good chance with her. I've already messaged her on Facebook, I just haven't got a response yet.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Rick and Morty! My favorite character is Rick because his style of humor perfectly reflects that of Reddit. I bet if I asked him "When does the narwhal bacon?", he'd know EXACTLY what I was talking about. Also, did you notice he looks like Bernie Sanders if you squint a bit and use your imagination? This can't be a coincidence; MLG Illuminati confirmed. Yeah, that's right, I look at montage parodies too. What good Redditor doesn't? Lenny face, Illuminati, and Doge are so funny. If I met Rick and Morty I'd be sure to show them all those funny and awesome memes and more!

Yours baconly, Atheist92
>>
So we all agree that this two episodes are just rick dreaming and he is still in space jail right?
>>
>>85832592
Only if you agree that it's trash.
>>
>>85832741
It has good episodes and terrible episodes its a decent show
>>
>>85832803
Fine i'll agree, but season 2 was a big enough worry and season 3 is only showing much much worse so far. You're in denial if you don't see the overall poor quality.
>>
>>85832975
Yeah season 3 it's so far and they are taking the more serious way that i dont like i'd rather have them going on randm adventures instead on focusing so much on the relationships
Season 1 did this pretty well
>>
>>85814838

>I watch Rick and Morty

Then fuck off home to Reddit.
>>
>>85833400

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty
>>
>>85814838
How could you not tell on the first time you watched it?

Female writers have a talent at making scenes that had potential, incredibly unfunny.

Like when that guy reveals his face, that whole 3 minute dialogue about his mustache, clearly female influence.
>>
>>85814909
UNDERAGE HAHAHAHAHA
IN AMERICA AGE OF CONSENT IS 18
YOU HAVE 21 TO DRINK
HOW FUCKING BACKWARDS IS THIS SHIT??
YOU CAN DO PORN FOR THREE ENTIRE YEARS BEFORE YOU CAN DRINK? WHAT THE FUCK

AGE ON CONSENT IN ANY NORMAL COUNTRY IS 16. IF SUMMER IS 15 THEN FINE BITCH ALL YOU WANT BUT IF SHE IS 16 LOL FUCK OFF.
>>
>>85814920
This
It shouldnt matter who wrote it.
>>
>>85833538
Age of consent is 14 in all civilised countries.
>>
>>85814920
What do you expect from /pol/?
>>
File: Smug Cersei.jpg (112KB, 485x428px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Cersei.jpg
112KB, 485x428px
> all this shitty copypasta
> all these pretend-to-be-retarded trolls trying to troll other pretending-to-be-retarded

Man I love /tv/ these days
>>
>>85827823
I hope you are not being serious, because otherwise it is quite sad that you don't notice stupidity in "light entertainment" and you need others to point it out. I hope you are in minority.
>>
Now that the dust has settled... Just what is that magic secret something that makes Rick & Morty the premier tv show of our time?
>>
>>85834169
A lot of lolsorandom humor that really clicks with the reddit audience.
>>
>>85834209
>lolsorandom
everything ties into everything else. no other show has had this level of continuity. I challenge you to list some errors.
>>
>>85834209
>>85834529
>rekt
>>
>>85814920
Context matters
>>
*fart* women are superior to men morty *burp* also god's not real *fart* *burp* your dad is a loser because he cares about you *fart* life is meaningless and you're replaceable *fart* *burp* *vomit*
>>
File: 1464542594829.jpg (15KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1464542594829.jpg
15KB, 306x306px
>>85834209
it's not that lolsorandumb. /tv/ literally hates this show because it's:

a) popular among most young people (of course including reddit)

b) because the show has a few jokes relating religion and atheism and it's trendy to be religious on 4chan these days thanks to /pol/ going full retard and thinking that being an atheist automatically makes you a liberal

c) the fanbase can be pretty horrible and it includes many not so smart people pretending they're smarter than they actually are by parroting some of the objectively pretty smart jokes in the show
>>
>>85836268
>I just hear what I want to hear when watching this show. I disregard all the other jokes just so I can get butthurt and complain about it on 4chan
>>
>>85836477
>frogfags thinking their opinions have any worth
>>
File: Plumbus_Owners_Manual.jpg (1MB, 1080x3487px) Image search: [Google]
Plumbus_Owners_Manual.jpg
1MB, 1080x3487px
>Rick and Morty isn't funn-
>>
File: kahvipepe.png (17KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
kahvipepe.png
17KB, 300x250px
>>85836526
shh I'm not done with my coffee
>>
its just not very funny desu
>>
>>85836554
Plumbus is "tee hee randum" because it is truly random.

Morty growing a giant arm with a life of its own is kind of funny too, in that way, until you realize he is randomly angry because his father is upset by the divorce and wants to see his kids instead of "getting on with his life". That is not what made me angry, I was happy to see daddy even if my mom wasn't.

It is that peculiar need to assume your kids agree with your convoluted world outlook.
>>
>>85836598
fuck off with that shit, you sound like a middle aged woman in an office who tries to make it out as a joke when really she is just trying to avoid you asking for something when you are working and she should be being a helpful cooperative coworker and you can't get mad without her making you out to be a jackass
>>
File: 1462820553675.png (315KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1462820553675.png
315KB, 431x450px
>>85836950
but aren't you the one avoiding replying to my arguments?
>>
>>85814838
>if i pulled that off, would you die?
>>
>>85836477
do you believe gay people should be able to get married, anon?
>>
>>85815072
Back to plebbit please
>>
>>85814838
Hanlon's Razor. Before you know WHY the writing is off, you just assume all the mistakes are just simple mistakes. After you know that the mistakes are an intentional result of an agenda, they become galling.

The entire episode eschews exploring science fiction tropes in favor of dealing with feelings and divorce. And, unsurprisingly, Summer is amazing and powerful and perfect. Within 5 minutes she conquers the wasteland, bonds with Rick (keep in mind Rick treats Morty with poorly), proves herself smarter than Morty, and fucks the leader of the wasteland.

This begins with the line "Hey, let me try something." and then Summer proceeds to singlehandedly murder the Battlelord, not in any particularly clever way. She literally just "remembers" that she's awesome.

Before you know what's going on, this stuff just looks like bad writing.
>>
Maybe I'm giving it too much credit but it seemed like parts of the episode were being shitty on purpose. These are the people who made Rick burp constantly for no reason other than they knew it would annoy viewers. So I get an early South Park Season 2 Episode 1 vibe out of this episode. They took a long hiatus and built up season 3 as something amazing, then gave this episode to a woman and purposefully made it more melodramatic and repetitive as a way to troll that fanbase that they knew damn well would be apprehensive about female writers.
A lot of stuff they promised didn't happen either. They said no more dad this season. Not only was Jerry in this episode more than Beth, Jerry was the sole motivation for Summer and Morty's decisions. They promised the darkest season yet, but even the fart gas episode was darker. I'm sure I am giving them too much credit, but this all seemed intentional.
Still the worst episode of the series and that's including the second interdimensional cable episode. Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, Justin.
>>
>>85839262
>This begins with the line "Hey, let me try something." and then Summer proceeds to singlehandedly murder the Battlelord, not in any particularly clever way. She literally just "remembers" that she's awesome.
Exactly what I'm talking about when I say this episode seems intentionally bad as a troll. That seemed like such obvious Mary Sue bullshit that there's no way they didn't realize what they were doing.
>>
>>85839442
Sometimes movies/tv shows are just bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjS6bQ5OQ-o
>>
I don't have much hope for this season the first episode was in the same vein with the sci-fi crazy shit, in this one all the whole post-apocalypse theme was just a spotlight for a Summer sub-plot that wasn't really funny. Ironically, Rick acted like his robot self all the episode, he just was kind of "there".

Shit episode, kali yuga of R&M.
>>
>>85839635
>Rick acted like his robot self all the episode, he just was kind of "there".
It's almost as if the entire show was rewritten to center around Summer.
>>
File: R&M is Reddit.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
R&M is Reddit.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
Sorry, it's always been bad. Nothing triggers my latent autism more than how praised this show is when it's been contrived from the start.
>>
>>85825257
>doc and mharty
Literally "put my balls in ur mouth for thing to work"
I like rick and morty but that show sucked and people who take rick and morty as seriously as you are fgts
>>
>>85833806
>goes on 4chan
>surprised when they see trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls
wew, sure is summer in here.
>>
>>85840504
the lengths that trolls will go to piss off fans of things never ceases to amaze me. Like someone watched rick and morty specifically to make an info graphic in an attempt to "prove" that the show is redditcore.
>>
File: weebshit back to reddit.jpg (41KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
weebshit back to reddit.jpg
41KB, 396x382px
>watching reddit shit

Fuck off.
>>
>>85842778
>Like someone watched rick and morty specifically to make an info graphic in an attempt to "prove" that the show is redditcore.

Yeah, that sure is pretty weird. The show absolutely screams "REDDIT", you don't need an infographic to point that out.
>>
>>85840504
im glad someone was autistic enough to make this
>>
>>85814838
You're a fucking idiot. The episode was trash but changing your opinion on it just because you found out who wrote it is retarded.
>>
>>85843244
>Updating your opinion due to acquiring more knowledge and context is a bad thing.

Fuck off.
>>
>>85843346
That makes no sense. The context is the episode itself. Who the fuck cares why it was done the way it is? If you liked it, then you liked it.
>>
>>85843499
>That makes no sense. The context is the episode itself.

I knew Rick and Morty fans were retarded, but this...
>>
>>85819981
Brass Eye? That was Channel 4
>>
>>85821259
>jellybean rapist
>leprechaun getting disemboweled
wtf is this show written by a 16 year old
>>
File: 1324596542030_7713053.png (52KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
1324596542030_7713053.png
52KB, 420x294px
>>85843542
That's like looking at a painting and thinking it's pretty good. Then you realize it's by Hitler and then suddenly you see all of these flaws in it.
>>
>>85843704
That would make sense if Hitler drew nothing but nice looking houses.

It's more like if you watch a show and then find out it was written by a team of women, then when you watch it again your opinion changes because you notice things you didn't notice when you were ignorant of the finer details :)
>>
>>85833633
No it isn't.
>>
>>85814838
How could you not tell?

You can see woman written all over summers presence and her boyfriend
>>
>>85818589
Nah, probably not. I own a house and have a kid on the way. I still hate cartoons like Rick and Morty. I also hate JewBO GOT because it's poorly written and it's pretty much porn.

One day, you will grow up and realize that edgy cartoons are trash. You are better off with wholesome entertainment , though that is getting harder to find.
>>
>>85825257
Ya, we all saw the ball licking demo. The show is for 30 year olds who still don't have a family, have tons of debt and live in infentile extended childhoods.
>>
>>85814838
Buffy
>>
I really feel sorry for those who take so seriously the show, female writers, nihilism and atheism. It's entertainment. If you don't like it, cool, just don't take it so serious you go online trying to preach your ways. Faggots.
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.