[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal of this show? I mean, it's not a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Himym.jpg (471KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Himym.jpg
471KB, 1920x1080px
What's the appeal of this show? I mean, it's not a horrible show but it's not very good either, it just seems like they recycle the same jokes/plots like two and a half men did.

It's has some similarities to Friends but it's not as funny, memorable, or as endearing(at least to me). The character of Barney is funny at first but gets old quick, he is the same person throughout the series even when he does something life changing. Using the Friends comparison, I guess he is similar to Joey being a successful womanizer with similar quirks but Joey actually grew as a character throughout the series.

The character of Robin I can't stand. She portrays herself as the "hottest person in the room" but she clearly is not. I know plenty of people irl hotter than Robin. She also strings along Ted throughout the series for her own ego even when she knows it's tearing him apart that she isn't with him. She's just selfish and has no redeeming qualities. It's not like Ross and Rachel because in different points in the series they both were chasing each other, but in HIMYM Ted is the only one chasing.

Going on to Ted, there isn't really much to say. He isn't that memorable as a character except for being a narrator.

Lily and Marshall are the only character that are actually good. They actually grow up and are easier to sympathize with. They are the only characters that aren't immature man/woman-children
>>
It's a very millennial show.
>>
>>85814471
Are the actors even milennial?
>>
>>85815223
No and they don't have to be to be a millennial show.
>>
>>85814440
It was just a comfy show. Until the last 2 seasons when u realize the main character is a douche
>>
>>85815711
>last 2

Ted was a douche since the st Patrick's day episode
>>
HIMYM power rankings:

1. Barney
2. Marshall
3. Lily
4. Ted
5. Robin
>>
I still like the first 2 seasons. Around S5 it started getting too wacky and the actors felt like they were phoning it in by that point
>>
>lily
>good
lmao
>>
File: 1471307771644.jpg (39KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
1471307771644.jpg
39KB, 600x568px
>>85814440
>What's the appeal of this show?

We all wanted to fuck Robin
>>
I used to think the characters were annoying and then I moved to New York and I realized how likeable they were in comparison to real New Yorkers.

What a fucking terrible city.
>>
Good show until season 7 more os less. Althought will never get close to friends. Oh and the end was shit in so many ways.
>>
>>85814440
i watched a lot of seasons but i think i stopped by the time barney and robin date and stuff because the show kinda went to shit by then. They dragged it way too long. And desu they should've brought back victoria and made her the mother since she was a total qt
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.