[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are they relying on Zack Snyder again? He made two terrible,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: Justice_League_film_poster.jpg (29KB, 254x392px) Image search: [Google]
Justice_League_film_poster.jpg
29KB, 254x392px
Why are they relying on Zack Snyder again? He made two terrible, very poorly received films in Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, and yet they think it'll go better this time?
>>
They already had him on contract, so he had to do it, but (((they))) killed his daughter so he had to leave and Whedon could take over the project.
>>
>>85812245
>but (((they))) killed his daughter
Did (((they))) also convince him to leave his first wife for a whore (who's now his boss) and adopt a suicidal hapa girl?
>>
DC cares about ART, not what some pleb """critics""" and redditors think
>>
>>85812173

>shitting on MoS

I'll give you BvS but whoever hates on Man of Steel is outright retarded. you don't deserve your brain
>>
>>85812173
>Why are they relying on Zack Snyder again?
They're not. Didn't you hear? They got Joss Whedon come in and sort it out. It's going to be an Avengers rehash.
>>
>>85812330
Id agree that Snyder tries to make art, but DC pretty clearly want to go down the Marvel route and pump out mediocre flicks.
I just wish we could have seen Snyder's trilogy complete before it all went to shit
Execs already forced sequel bait and dumb shit into BvS leaving it a mess and now Whedon is gonna turn JL into an ugly tv show
>>
>>85812430
>>85812369
>>85812245

This worries the shit out of me

BvS and especially MoS are great, underrated, passionate and artistic movies. And I just know Joss Whedon is going to turn it into dumb Marvel shit that trades serious reflection for witty one liners that the critics will be more fond of
>>
i can't believe that nigger said joss whedon was going to "clean it up" in front of so many people at normie-con
>>
>>85812173
>Snyder

That's all you need to know.
>>
>>85812485
>my capeshit movies are art!!!
Ha.
>>
>>85812485
i wish people like you would go away
>>
>>85812485

>This worries the shit out of me

I agree on all counts although I believe that Whedon can't fuck it up that hard by Avengerising it. The artistic aspect should still be present and I don't think the colour differences will really matter. Now what he CAN do is put in more quips like you said and that can definitely fuck up the tone of the movie if done wrong. I fucking hate the newer MCU movies solely because of the fact that they can't actually do comedy properly. I liked the DCEU comedy scenes so far, even in SS and WW (to my surprise) so here's hoping to more solid humour
>>
>>85812681
>>85812683

>not contributing to the discussion but merely shitposting on movies you don't like anyway

why the fuck are you wasting your time? are you dumb?
>>
>>85812780
>Calling bad movies on their shit is shitposting because i dont want to hear bad things about shit that i like.
Are you underage?
>>
>>85812610
Who?
>>
>>85812885

oh cut the shit you fucking faggot. you are simply shitposting and not contributing to the goddamn discussion at all. most of you children don't even know how to write coherent arguments so you just insist that you are in the right solely because you shit on others and movies. grow up

there are plenty of discussions to be had on this board about stuff one doesn't like. I have great discussions with others about movies I hate but I always point out the negatives in a decent way so others don't actually feel annoyed by it. get a grip for once
>>
>>85812485
AAAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>85812430
Snyder's directing ability falls apart for any story with any level of complexity
They want him to make a massive multi-character cinematic universe, literally his weakest point.
>>
>>85813096
>capeshit
>no shit
>>
>>85813096
>he actually thinks BvS is an art film
The state of /tv/.
>>
>>85812430
JL is going to have 100% on RT which is going to be funny.
>>
>>85812743
WW is the only DCEU film that does humor well.
>>
>>85813384
So this is the new pseud shitposting meme. People just say "The state of" without actually explaining their opinions. Because they don't have opinions on anything at all, they just want to shitpost.
>>
>>85813511
And even then it's reliant entirely on a now-dead character and a fish-out-of-water socially retarded Wonder Woman that doesn't exist any more.
>>
>>85812173
fuck off with your capeshit and don't return ok????
>>
>>85813568
The easiest way to shut them up is to ask them what their favourite show/film is.
>>
>>85813245
>>85813384

you can call it shit anytime. doesn't mean that you're not pathetic children who cannot properly contribute to a discussion

>The state of /tv/

The state of /tv/ is actually that some people are enthusiastic about movies, whether they be shit or good, and other cunts ruining discussions. Like I said, you guys should grow up
>>
>>85813689
Yeah, I've never gotten a response out of them when I do that. Or they just try and dodge around it.

/tv/ reminds me of this sometimes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKpQgEyjNdM
>>
File: snyder.jpg (133KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
snyder.jpg
133KB, 600x797px
>>85812173
>It's not an "S" you dumb nerds, its a symbol that means "hope"
>use it as an "S" in the next poster
>>
>>85813511

You really think so? I mean, MoS's humour was almost non-existent except for the truck part but I loved the "I'm a friend of your son" scene in BvS. The rest in BvS was also on-spot if you ask me, not that BvS used a lot of jokes though. Now SS is a whole other thing since Ayer basically made Marvel-tier jokes and quips although there were some genuinely funny scenes for me such as Deadshot on the shooting range and the scene where the inmates are transferred and get implants (You one of them deaf hoes)
>>
>>85813689
>>85813752

they don't enjoy movies at all which is why this board has turned into a shit infested hole. people are insecure about their opinions so they don't even try to write properly. maybe they don't realise that you don't have to like things in order to talk like regular human beings with others. reminds me of kids who scream because they dislike something instead of stating what their fucking problem is in a normal manner
>>
>>85813568
what is pseudo shitposting?
>>
>>85813976
short for "pseudointellectual shitposting." People who think they're smart but really aren't.
>>
>>85813752

>that video

exactly what /tv/ is like. thank god for the people here who actually love movies and discuss them properly
>>
>>85814009
ah

How can you tell if you're actually smart?
>>
File: bvs deepest lore.png (862KB, 1916x796px) Image search: [Google]
bvs deepest lore.png
862KB, 1916x796px
/tv/ is full of posters who are that critical combination of stupid, but with a massive superiority complex

While most people who watched BvS grew weary of Snyder beating us over the head with his on-the-nose symbolism (literally, in the case with Doomsday and the monument), BvS fans convince themselves that they were the only ones who "got it". This creates cognitive dissonance. Discussing the movie becomes a way of asserting their own intelligence, with increasingly absurd connections and interpretations being drawn out in essay-length posts of gibberish.

Most people were put off by Goyer's terrible dialogue, the messy plot, the dour characters, the shoehorned DCEU shilling and the tonal and editing issues. But to a BvS fan, the only reason somebody wouldn't enjoy the movie is if they didn't understand it.
>>
>>85814037
You have to have a degree from a university. That's the only measure of intelligence.
>>
>>85814085

I liked BvS but I never say that I "got it" and others don't. I just have my own reasons for thinking that it's an entertaining movie. It's definitely not top-tier but it's a really great watch which in my eyes got better the second time around (when the Ultimate Edition came out and I got why the pacing was so ridiculously fast during the first half). I rather feel that haters of the movie are the ones with the superiority complex because they cannot accept that other people could actually like the movie for reasons they don't think are right. Why even give a shit about what others think is great? Everybody can have their own opinion but in the case of DCEU movies, it definitely comes across as if Marvelshills/DC-haters are trying to force their opinions onto others all the time

If you don't like something, that's perfectly fine. Just don't be a childish douche about it

>"But to a BvS fan, the only reason somebody wouldn't enjoy the movie is if they didn't understand it."

Only retards argument like that. I'm a BvS fan and still very well aware of its mistakes. Even though I don't agree on the "dour characters" and terrible dialogue (Lex being the sole exception), I get that the plot can feel messy to others due to the shitty editing and the JL cameos. Just out of curiosity though, what is your favourite capeshit movie and how often have you watched BvS (and which version while we are at it)
>>
>>85814085

>that pic
>actual believable file sizes

that's actually a nice touch right there
>>
>>85814569
>Just out of curiosity though, what is your favourite capeshit movie
Raimi Spider-Man
The Dark Knight
Hellboy if that counts

>and how often have you watched BvS (and which version while we are at it)
Once in theatres
Gave it another chance on bluray at the insistence of a friend. It fixed some of the issues I had with pacing, but it still felt bloated and rushed

Really wasn't a fan of Snyder's Watchmen either
>>
>>85813752
That video's hilarious and accurate as fuck
>>
>>85812365
Face up to the fact that it's a meh capeshit made by a visual director that's really, REALLY, trying to be deep and philosophical, but falls flat.
>>
>>85812173
This movie poster is awful, reminds me of the Joel Schumacher Batman films
>>
>>85816592
Same.
Batman forever is something of a guilty pleasure but batman and robin is out of bounds for any sane human being.
>>
Justice 1.11 You Can (Not) Save the World Alone
>>
>>85812173
>2010
>Siegle & Shuster's heirs have the right to sue WB unless a Superman movie is in the works over loss of potential earnings
>Brass immediately greenlights Goyer's MoS script out of fear, which they know is a total mess
>they need a director who will go with this script without needing to tailor it to their style
>a long list of directors pass, but Snyder, one of their go to guys says he'll do it with next to no prep-time
>keep in mind Watchmen was internally considered a disappointment and literally led to an internal ban on that all dark/R-rated comic book movies, Bruce Timm himself said thats why it took them so long to make The Killing Joke DTV
>2013
>MoS comes out to mixed reception however it does make a good amount of money for WB at around 670 million
>however Kevin Tsijhara becomes new WB president a few months before release
>he realizes how fucked he is now that Harry Potter is done and they've only got one more Hobbit film left to lean on, keep in mind Green Lantern was already their attempt at a MCU
>decides to rush a DCEU into production since Avengers made over 1.5 billion
>Batman is shoved into what was originally Man of Steel 2
>Snyder is given carte blanch to create the fastest universe possible
>hype actually builds for BvS because its literally Batman fighting Superman
>Tsjihara thinks this is going to be WB's Avengers and honestly should have been, especially with those ticket pre-sales
>greenlights everything under the sun including a goddamn Cyborg movie and schedule's Justice League to begin production two weeks after BvS
>can't even clear 900 million and gets disastrous reception
>damage control initially saying JL is going to be more lighthearted and WB just says fuck it and replaces him with Joss Whedon
And that is how Snyder got to ruin Superman in three separate movies.
>>
>>85816529
In what sense? Your kind can only say "It falls flat." You can't explain why. I think your opinions don't stand up to deeper examination because you don't have anything to back them up.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.