[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did everyone react like Jesus was killed when MLK got shot like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: mad-men-mlk-main[1].jpg (169KB, 1500x880px) Image search: [Google]
mad-men-mlk-main[1].jpg
169KB, 1500x880px
Did everyone react like Jesus was killed when MLK got shot like they did in Mad Men?
It seems unrealistic to me to see rich corporate people giving such a shit about the event, with all they crying and all that
>>
It was a time when the rich payed about 70% income tax because they were patriots. The right had yet to become monstrous Nazis, and republicans in New York were mostly liberal.
>>
>>85807424
Leftist libcucks might have, there were a ton of communists in the elite circles of society even back then
>>
>>85807554
This, mostly. /pol/ kind of existed as John Birch types ("Martin Luther COON is a Soviet spy!") but they were considered a lunatic fringe.
>>
>>85807554
I can smell the matzo ball soup emanating from this post
>>
>>85807588
Communists dont like niggers
>>
>>85807691
Ah, so this is the power of right-wing philosophy.
>>
>>85807691
>says OP, buttblasted that his shitty /pol/ thread failed
>>
>>85807725

The chutzpah on you Jew boy
>>
>>85807694
That's irrelevant

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_measures

Basic Soviet strategy was to support a race war in America among other things
>>
It's just the virtue signalling of the time
>'Oh no the uppity negro was put down how sad.'
>'I'm so glad we live in a part of town with no coloureds. Imagine having to live around them'
>>
>>85807424

This was the time when MLK had been whitewashed in order to present him as a peaceful alternative to the "dangerous" Malcolm X and the Black Panthers as change was inevitable.

White moderates loved the modified image of MLK.
>>
>>85807917
Too bad the U.S. gave them those racial issues to exploit.
>>
>>85807790
OP here, just watched the episode, and the show try his hardest to mirror what happened, so I was just surprised, no need to be a cunt
>>
>>85808034
Every country has some racial or ethnic issue to exploit

That's why the US armed the Taliban
>>
>>85807424
They still have feelings anon
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.