[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sgt Brad Colpert seemed like a pretty intelligent and educated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_m7gtqj0gbn1qaio2lo1_500.jpg (50KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7gtqj0gbn1qaio2lo1_500.jpg
50KB, 500x281px
Sgt Brad Colpert seemed like a pretty intelligent and educated guy, why did he join the Marines?
>>
People do strange things for a sense of purpose. There are plenty of smart Marines out there, who by all rights could have made a better, safer, and more fulfilling career out of something else. But people want to feel part of something bigger that they believe matters.
>>
>>85802196
Not all Marines are uneducated meatheads. Most of those who are, don't get past the most basic ranks. Of course there are exceptions like Encino Man.
>>
How dare someone serves their country
>>
>>85802196
from his interviews it seemed like the guy was just a huge military nerd, the kind of guy who if he was physically unfit/unintelligent he would be made fun of
>>
Like me I work in an office but I'm going back to active duty, because it's just what I enjoy, feel more complete. It's weird.
>>
>>85803251
It's not weird, I can imagine military service being more captivating than being stuck in an office every day.
>>
I make more money and live more comfortably fixing electronics on aircraft. Still want to experience the combat life just for a greater sense of purpose.
>>
shooting people is fun... all the other stuff is bullshit tho
>>
>>85803003
I have a friend like this. In college he was a huge fucking military/military history nerd. Joined up after graduating, now he's an LT in a tank brigade. I think it's a lot more common than you think.
>>
File: gk.jpg (39KB, 600x407px) Image search: [Google]
gk.jpg
39KB, 600x407px
what was his problem? Was it autism?
>>
>>85803523
unironically yes
>>
He seem like the kind of guy who served because its a family tradition.
>>
Most of the smart ones go (and actually make it) to special forces. You can be a complete moron and make it as a grunt, but you need to have some intelligence to be an operator. Not to say there aren't some dumb special forces people, brawn and determination can get you far, but it's usually not enough.
>>
>>85803523
He was a bureaucrat who couldn't handle himself in combat.
>>
>>85802196
>why did he join the Marines?
to slay bodies
>>
>>85803523
He got in because his daddy was an officer. I'm surprised he didn't get punched in his dumbass face.
>>
File: shLHPLzd.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
shLHPLzd.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>85802196
Spooks.
>>
>>85802196
Because he saw that commercial where the knight slays a dragon then turns into a marine
>>
>>85802196
he is intelligent but not ugly or beta, so he has no reason to question the system as a whole as he thrives within it. therefore, despite being intelligent and well-educated, he probably still thinks us army service is somehow patriotic. that, or since he's shown to have a conscience, he duped himself into a hero complex and chose the army for his self-sacrifice.
>>
>>85804370
Maybe underneath it all, he just enjoys killing?
>>
>>85802196

He was an Aryan adopted, raised, and brainwashed by a Jewish family. They convinced him to go to war probably with subliminal techniques.
>>
>>85804532
wasn't really portrayed like that at all, but sure, it's a possibility.
>>
>>85804532
He literally describes himself as a "hunter killer" and "warrior" several times. No doubt he likes wasting bad guys, he just isn't a psycho like Trombley who wants to kill animals and kids.
>>
>>85802196
In my experience with the Navy working with Marines, about 70% were retards and 30% were actually pretty smart and either made some bad choices in life or came from shit. It's not uncommon to find quality folks in the ranks.
>>
>>85802196
He got cucked and was like fuck this.
>>
>>85802944
Sit down Cletus, we're not talking in mindless patriotic platitudes right now.
>>
>>85804739
The guy who shot Bin Laden actually said that he joined the military because his gf left him.

Obligatory reading http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a26351/man-who-shot-osama-bin-laden-0313/
>>
>>85804340
And Trombley's recruiter told him he'd get to kill people.

And Ray's recruiter told him he'd be swimming in fresh Thai pussy.
>>
nerds sometimes realize that being physical and muscular is an easy thing too, and become even better than meatheads at doing sports and active stuff

that's why /fit/ is a thing
>>
>>85802196
nate was also smart and educated you double liberal
>>
>>85804801
>>85804739
this is why the Spartans composed regiments of gay lovers
>>
>>85804801

Men feel emasculated after girls don't give a shit about them, and often make stupid decisions based on this
>>
>>85803653
Heh, this guy thinks SF are smart
>>
>>85803523

>he thinks captain america did anything wrong
>>
His girlfriend cheated on him with some surfer dude, pay attention.
>>
>>85804801
>guy who shot bin laden
Cool, the other day the guy who found Carmen Sandiego told me a nice joke too.
>>
>>85805752
FOLLOW MY TRACERS!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>85803523
He was smart and nice guy; he just couldn't handle the stress of combat. He was great when he was a pencil pusher, apparently. Iraqi Freedom was him at his worst.
>>
File: 1397675287206.jpg (87KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1397675287206.jpg
87KB, 640x512px
>>85802196
what movie is this?
>>
>>85804797
>>>/reddit/

(not that guy, not even a patriot or an army guy, I just really dislike you)
>>
>>85804340
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dg3Us9ld2g

Love that scene.
>>
>>85806319
Generation Kill. HBO mini-series.
>>
I am this close to enlisting. I feel almost nothing, everything is empty and meaningless, I don't know how to cope with it other than by just putting myself in the hardest shittiest position possible.
>>
>>85805272
Most I met were. A couple were dipshits of course, but a lot of the ones I met went on to become physicians, engineers, etc etc... of course I mostly worked with SEALS, pararescue, Berets, top tier operators, not Rangers or divers.
>>
>>85806864
Then definitely enlist in Marine infantry. Or food service, theyre both pretty awful.
>>
>>85802196
he wanted to slay some dragons.
>>
>>85802196
Not all smart people have means to go to college, and it seems like even if intelligent he loved the whole warrior culture.
>>
>>85806864

just take some mma or boxing classes

at least you will learn something useful

being in the marines will not give you any pussy at all, be warned
>>
>>85803653
you're actually retarded if you think SF are anything more than dudes with a high willpower stat.
>>
>>85803576
his family is jewish, not much military tradition there
>>
>>85802903
That guy must have had a relative higher up or something, there's no way he got through officer school by himself.
>>
>>85807142
his family is dead, he was adopted by jews
>>
>>85807216
officer school isn't hard. i completed it and im a dumbass. dropped out immediately after though. fuck logistics. "you'll be an infantry officer!' they said. fucking liars.
>>
>>85807138
You need to be a resourceful motherfucker as an SF. Maybe they're not all book smart, but they're not dumb muscle either.
>>
>>85802196
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GASlTbaOAdA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDcS25XlH5c
>>
>>85807294
well yes I was referring to his adopted family
did he know who his real parents were? don't think it's mentioned in the show
>>
>>85807331
It depends what SF you're talking about.. Some place more value on different things. Delta for example puts a much higher value on endurance both physically and mentally than say navy seals.. That's because the nature in which they operate is for the most part pretty different. Delta operate in the shadows behind enemy lines for longer stretches of time gathering vital information on the enemy.
>>
>>85806864
I felt the same way about 2 years ago after giving up on university and being a pilot. Couldn't even find a reason to wake up in the morning, weighed over 240lbs, was bored all the time, felt like a piece of shit with zero worth. I went Chair Force since I had some relevant knowledge, but I still had to do the same basic training that Army does. Best thing I ever did with my life, no contest. It sucks sometimes, but I'm never going back to the NEET life until I get pension.
>>
>>85807296

>USMC OCS is easy

Opinion discarded
>>
>>85805785
>some surfer dude

His best friend that is.
>>
>>85807926
how old were you?
Whats your position?
What made you quit?
>>
>>85807331
>believing in the """""""street smart""""" meme
They are all idiots.
>>
>>85807096
bullshit. there's always some whore at an off base bar who will fuck anything in a uniform
>>
>>85804839
Ray's one of the smart ones though.
>>
>>85809247

>this is what marines aspire to

top kek
>>
>>85809072
>quit at 21
>currently avionics tech, still in training, makes good money thanks to speciality pay
>didn't make any friends in Uni, passionate enough about flying, ran out of my own money, felt guilty about getting financial help from my parents, felt they were pushing me into this life, terrible at networking which is required to get a job as a pilot, hated taking all the unrelated courses I didn't care about, GPA dropped from 3.4 down to a 2.7, decided to quit right before getting my commercial license, became a NEET for 3 months before getting shipped off to basic
Click here to subscribe to my blog
>>
>>85802196
Was it because his girlfriend left him for his best friend? He saw no other purpose in life than to join the marine, i don't know
>>
>>85804899
source ?
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.