[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watched this for the first time last night. Wow. Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Stalker.jpg (64KB, 500x719px) Image search: [Google]
Stalker.jpg
64KB, 500x719px
Watched this for the first time last night.

Wow.

Anyone care to discuss?
>>
>>>/v/
>>
I don't say this aloud but I don't really understand the movie adaptation. I just loved it for the visuals and the atmosphere.

/r/ rundown
>>
>>85797055

I've never heard of it, but after reading a bit about it I kind of want to check it out
>>
>>85797317
newfag
>>
>>85797244
I think the Writer represents art, the Professor represents science and the Stalker represents faith. I think it's about how the journey to the Room (hope, wish fulfillment) is actually more important than the end. Because life is so complex, we don't always know what we want. It is the idea of hope that perseveres and is what inspires us to keep on doing what we do, rather than actually achieving somethings. The characters (specifically, the Writer and Professor) learned more about themselves on the journey to the Room than when they actually arrive there.

Or, it could be viewed as an allegory for the anti-religious sentiment in the USSR and the Zone is the one space where dreamers can dream and practice their faith freely, without fear of government persecution.

Idk, lotta things open to interpretation.
>>
>>85797055
I've read the book a few times but still haven't watched the film, am I missing out?
>>
>>85797393
I rarely say this about a film, but it was truly incredible. One of the most atmospheric films I've ever watched. There's something so mysterious about it; I can't quite put my finger on it.
>>
>>85797452
Sounds like my kind of film, I'll watch it next.
>>
>>85797055
Sure OP. I thought it was indeed gorgeous and atmospheric. However, I find very little emotional connection to it, as is true with most of my experiences with Tarkovsky's films. Andrei Rublev is by far my favorite
>>
>>85799329
>I find very little emotional connection to it

You sound like a well adjusted individual.
>>
>>85797055
So what are your theories on the ending?
I was pissed they never got into the room.
>>
It's just a remake of The Wizard of Oz

>dramatic transition from sepia to color once the protagonists arrive in a different world
>trio of characters representing distinct philosophical views accompany the viewer through this world
>journey into this world preceded by some sort of natural disaster
>characters must follow a specific pathway or face dire consequences
>cute dog follows the characters around
>protagonist falls asleep in overgrown field
>endpoint of the journey is a magical place that will make your wishes come true
>the ending doesn't quite turn out how you thought it would
>moral of the story is that sometimes weakness is a good thing and you're already strong enough on the inside
>>
>>85799839
>So what are your theories on the ending?

personally it just felt to me like a hint from the director that faith itself will not lose in the end
I share the same views as >>85797360 and the telekinesis scene looks like it wants to contradict the Stalker's pessimistic views of humankind.
>>
>>85800272
This is hilarious anon, did you get it from Reddit or 9gag?
>>
duuude so deep lmaoo
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.