[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why they spent so much time on this plotline in seasons 5 &

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: High_Sparrow.jpg (40KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
High_Sparrow.jpg
40KB, 512x512px
Why they spent so much time on this plotline in seasons 5 & 6, then got rid of him in one episode and apparently his death has no consequences now, because it seems that everyone at King's Landing loves Queen Cersei now
>>
>>85788468
Just make up a reason.
>>
>>85788633
fpbp
>>
>>85788468
>because it seems that everyone at King's Landing loves Queen Cersei now
I really hope it isn't true, that would be so much absolute dogshit
>>
>>85788468
It was obvious to mirror bernie sanders
>>
>>85788468
Because the showrunners are winging it. They knew this guy existed in the books so they wrote him in. But what his goals are or what happens in the end isn't explained so they just killed everyone instead of writing a decent conclusion
>>
>>85790382
Wasn't GRRM supposed to advice showrunners on some major plot points?
>>
>>85790509

That fat fuck doesn't give a shit about anything, except his next meal.
>>
>>85790509
I think the main plot points will be the same. The sept of baelor blowing up isn't just made up but the context that makes the high sparrow have a point is absent. George probably just told them who he is and what he does but that doesn't go beyond being an antagonist to cersei
>>
>>85790382
Yeah, except Martin told them how everything is gonna happen back in Season 1 days. I really hope he finishes the books before he dies, otherwise everyone will think D&D just made up stuff and blame them
>>
>>85788468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8q71XXBYMM
>>
>>85788468
They needed an excuse to make Cersei go batshit insane
>>
>>85790572
>everything sucks i hate everything
>>
GoT is full of these pointless plotlines.

Really, what in the literal fuck was the point of the Stannis character?
>>
>>85788468
Filler
Everything past S4 has been filler so they can pad out the show for as long as they can
>>
>>85788468
filler
>>
>>85788468

I guess the sparrows were just a pain in the ass for everyone. I mean they destroyed all that booze and outlawed prostitution.
Makes sense people in kingslanding are happy they are gone.
>>
i also dont get why everyone in kings landing suddenly loves Euron now, hes not exactly a hero
>>
>>85788468
Because the powers that are behind the show don't care about being faithful to the books, they want to recapture what happened with the Red Wedding. They keep moving from one dramatic event to the next and nothing seems to have any weight or impact to it, because it doesn't- its just a check mark on a list to see if it worked to bring in viewers. Only thing I'm excited for this season is stuff happening in the North and the eventual awkward reunion between Sandor and Arya.
>>
>>85790957
What is the point of fantasy? Of fiction?
>>
>>85790965
Nah. Book four and five were filler because Martin is a hack who has no idea what he's doing.
>>
>>85788468
bad writers attempting to reflect the current state of things in their show. and failing it.
>>
>>85790957
To show he was a bumbling retard who left Dragonstone unmanned?

I don't know, it seems like the books/show have killed off every single wise or experienced elder of note. Aside from Jamie, I'm fairly sure there isn't a single notable person around who lived through Robert's Rebellion anymore.

No Stannis, Tywin, Frey, Kevan, Karstark, Stark, Jon Aryn. Not to say the young people can't do it but nobody around has more than five years experience ruling anything.
>>
They're racing to the end and ending each storyline with "someone killed them" or else letting them fade into obscurity. See Mance, Stannis, the High Sparrow, the Sand Snakes, the Tyrells, etc for examples of the former, and the Vale, the Tullys, the Stormlands, etc, as examples of the latter.
>>
>Destroy the vatican with the pope and loads of cardinals inside.
>Christianity disappears from the face of the earth.

Aham.
>>
>>85788468
It was a filler season

But you just know someone in the office thought the writing was good enough like the red wedding, being like 'ALL THESE CHARACTERS JUST DIE WOAH'
>>
>>85793953
All praise Haime Lanister and Queen Ceci.
>>
>>85788468
That's the fucking show dude. Even if they're already juggling 20 plot lines they add more very season. If they get bored of a character he / she get killed.
>>
>>85788794
It's really weird how much they love Euron, too.
>>
>>85788468
I want to let you in on a well known secret, OP, Game of Thrones is in fact shit and nothing means anything.

Pass it on.
>>
>>85791327
>Aside from Jamie, I'm fairly sure there isn't a single notable person around who lived through Robert's Rebellion anymore.
RADMURE
>>
>>85788468
>everyone at King's Landing loves Queen Cersei now

I seriously doubt that. They probably fear her more than anything else, but I do agree they should show the population more, actually show people on the ground and how the explosion last season effected them long term.
>>
>>85795946
Sam's dad
>>
>>85796042
also him
dany is going to roast him soon though
>>
>>85796027
I read spoilers and everybody has forgotten what Cersei did last season, even Jaime turns on her for unrelated reason
>>
>>85795795
I think they just never miss a good public shaming.
This one was outright tame, not one guy waved his penis at the Sneks.
>>
>>85788468
>love cersi now
more like stay in line out of fear for what that crazy bitch will do
im rooting for her [spolier/]
>>
>>85791327
Littlefinger, Varys, Tyrion, Cersei, Davos, The Mountain (sort of)?

Randyll Tarly, Edmure?

The dozens of heads of sort-of-smaller houses, such as the fat guy that helped with the pies in the books?
>>
>>85796027
Don't they make points all the time about how fickle the small folk are? Also, I think the official line is that it was 'an accident'. The high-ups all see through it (like the Iron Bank guy), as I imagine would be intended, but no reason the mob would.
>>
>>85789885
>This
>Gets a fanatical cult
>The revolution will start XDDD feel the bern!
>Gets blown the fuck out by scheming blonde woman
>NO REFUNDS
>>
>>85793953
The Sparrow movement was a fringe extremist "faith" similar to the Taliban. These tend to collapse pretty fast if they lose their leaders.
>>
>>85797587
This. Most of the sparrows dying in the blast didnt help their stability
>>
>>85797587
This. Most of the sparrows dying in the blast didnt help their stability
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.