[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After 25 days of release it's still the lowest grossing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

After 25 days of release it's still the lowest grossing movie that had Spider-Man in it, 74 millions behind even Amazing Spider-Man 2, is it testament to the quality of film or maybe general audience is tired of Spidey reboots?
>>
What is civil war?
>>
>>85786365
It looked too much of a cynical cash grab even for normalfags to fall for.
>>
I think people are just tired of another Spiderman movie
>>
Both but mostly the latter.
>>
>>85786365
It's because it had to compete with War of The Apes and Dunkirk. Your hateboner for new Spider-Man movies just because Raimi movies were ""better""(lol RAIMI IS RACIST JUST LIKE US xD) is a forced meme, /tv/.
>>
>>85786472
>war of the apes
>under $100m domestic
>dunkirk
>will top out at $300m globally

nice competition, spiderman is the batman of marvel, it should have done $800m easily
>>
>>85786365
the make the same fucking movie every time, what do they expect? marvel is so boring.
>>
>>85786472
Why did Marvel even release it when they did? They should have waited until august when there's no competition
>>
They showed way too much in the trailers, funniest thing is that even despite showing half of the movie in trailers they were still kinda weak, Batman vs. Superman was also blamed for giving away too much in the trailers, but at least trailers for that film were good and intriguing
>>
>>85786472
Was this not what marvelfags said on why WW would flop?

>Released between Transformers and PoTC, it's dead!
>>
>>85786365

Judge it and rip into it after it comes out in China and Japan, if only to just be accurate. Shit maybe its rollout in those two places will be bungled and they won't make much money now that so much time has passed since the wide release.

This happened with Antman too didn't it? Either way, it's doing well. But it'll be fun to see what happens after the Chinese release (if it happens).

Disclaimer I didn't care for this movie much, I hate the best friend for his stupid fucking wig, and I don't like Marvel.
>>
TASM1 and 2 didn't do the character any favors

Also this actor has a girly voice and people are getting tired of Iron Man. Also capeshit fatigue.
>>
>>85786771
Things aren't looking good for a China release, I don't think the government is playing ball with Disney over this one.
>>
File: 236365478.jpg (43KB, 275x440px) Image search: [Google]
236365478.jpg
43KB, 275x440px
foreign plebs are retards

domestic has passed amazing spider-man 1
>>
>>85786397
most likely this. the amazing movies were the same, but beacause it started before the mcu/disney was half the movies in one year, i guess people were willing to give it a shot. then word breaks that spidey is going to marvel and the movie has iron man all over the trailers. people caught on. i think homecoming was better than both amazing movies, but it also feels so fucking generic. yes, amazing 1 was a copy of toby 1. i know. homecoming just feels devoid. the scene with the building falling on peter was the only time i was interested in the whole movie, but the director blew it and went the route of mentors words play over the scene and the half mask in a puddle shit. not to mention how spidey has no blood on him. its so clear its a kids movie devoid of stakes.
vulture killed a guy and i hoped it would be an insight into his character since he killed a guy he had know for probably decades. nope. he said he did it by accident, taking away any fear we had of him. the scene was also played for laughs. he couldnt even get aheartfelt moment of regret.
when peter has to abandon things to be spidey, its kid shit like a party, decatholon, or the dance. in spidey 2 he quits and a old man dies in a fire and he watches a guy get jumped in broad daylight
the boat ripped in half scene has the suit ai solve the problem, rather than peter igure it out. he still fuking fals and papa stark has to fix it
dont get me started on that suit ai.
homecoming ends with spidey being a small time hero, yet we all know his next appearace will be infinity war, where he fights intergalactic threats.thanks mcu. i cant wait to see you fall.

tldr 6/10
>>
>>85787415
It seems the MCU is in general unable to take itself seriously.

>but capeshit is supposed to be dumb
Nah fuck that, atleast you could accept Raimi Spidey as geniune people in a semi-believable setting. MCU has no intentions of upping the stakes. Every time there might be a moment of sincerity, there is an immediate quip followed to undermine the scene. It's like the directors are giving up and admitting that "haha isn't capeshit dumb??? Have another quip pointing it out". It's borderline satire. It's your fucking job to make us believe these people are people.
>>
>>85786365
>>85787244

Does anyone know what the film was called in other languages? I was put off it partly because "homecoming" made it sound like another generic American high school teen movie.
>>
>>85787670
The filmmakers are afraid of alienating audiences by taking capeshit seriously.
It's a shame, but it seems to be looking up.
There we no jokes in the final scenes of Civil War, there were genuinely emotional moments in Doctor Strange, GotG 2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming that weren't undercut by a joke.

I hope they can keep it up.
>>
>>85786365
Personally I think the marketing was very poor, and having a 3rd Spiderman has definitely tired people out. The first two also had an "edge" to them, in the sense of their art direction. Very sharp, in the colors and even the marketing, they were trying to be really "cool". And this movie was just trying to be for kids.

I thought it would do better but I'm not really surprised. I think it's the best outside of raimi though.
>>
>>85787836
It's weird you mention GOTG2 in there. Might be cuz I saw it in an empty theater, but while I was surprised by how much the plot was focused on the main character (even the hsit that could tie into mcu setup, like ego and celestials and all was mostly directly affecting peter), I personally got sick of how many moments were undercut by jokes. There were like two or three with Drax and Mantis, a bunch with Gamora, and even the jokes in the "fun" moments were annoying (Gamora explaining the sarcasm in a joke during a space fight was crazy, she all but turned to the audience and paused the film to explain the joke directly to anyone watching)
>>
Weird thing is that they want to do a sequel in 2019, not to mention IW in 2018
>>
Is there a site I can watch this in decent quality? Can't torrent at the moment
>>
>>85787836
tony stank is the worst stan lee cameo in the final minutes of civil war. it also has a fight scene where heroes, the powerful belligerents in particular, disappear for no reason. \

i really think avengers movies, for me at least, are in a weird spot. my favorite scene in ultron was the after party where they try to lift thors hammer. in civil war, i loved all of caps patrotic lines, even if they were on the nose. thats what his character is and evans does it so well. my favorite scene in the entire movie was the look iron man gives cap after finding out about his parents death. ive been getting tired of iron man after 3, but that look made me really feel for him. the ensuing fight was anticlimatic, and leading up to it was contrived,
but that moment holds it all together.
i think all i want is a 20 minute avengers comedy drama where the characters jsut be themselves. no, not agents of shield
>>
>>85787836
The Russos seem in general hesitant to pull quips at random. Their humor is on point. The only time in Civil War where the quips were too much was the airport scene. And that was blatant reshoots at the request of the producer. I doubt the Russos on their own would ever film a fight scene that pathetic considering how solid first and third acts were.
>>
File: 1497039809382.gif (3MB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1497039809382.gif
3MB, 257x212px
>>85788281
I have to ask. Where do you think we are?
>>
>>85786365
number one reason: forced diversity
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.