[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Marlon Brando was paid $1 million in advance. He threatened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: big_1442435098_image.jpg (44KB, 1280x649px) Image search: [Google]
big_1442435098_image.jpg
44KB, 1280x649px
>Marlon Brando was paid $1 million in advance. He threatened to quit and keep the advance. Director Francis Ford Coppola told his agent that he did not care, and if they could not get Brando, they would try Jack Nicholson, Robert Redford, and then Al Pacino. Brando eventually turned up late, drunk, 40kg (about 88lbs) overweight, and admitted he had not read the script or even "Heart of Darkness," the book the film was based on. He read Coppola's script, and refused to do it. After days of arguments over single lines of dialogue, an ad-lib style script was agreed upon, and this was shot according to Brando's stipulations that he be filmed mostly in shadows.

What the fuck was his problem?
>>
File: fat_cat_4.jpg (33KB, 480x426px) Image search: [Google]
fat_cat_4.jpg
33KB, 480x426px
Same thing that happened to Orson Welles
They get a couple of very well recieved roles, and suddenly thier head dissapears so far up thier own asses that they're no longer aware of how the world words, or that they've become a parody of themselves.
>>
Low IQ dum dum
>>
>>85783434
He was a poofter. What do you think was his problem?
>>
he didn't want to act in a shitty vietnam flick
>>
And it turned out better than if he read off some hack script
>>
>>85783434
ERRAND BOY
SENT BY GROCERY CLERKS
>>
>the costumer on “Mutiny on the Bounty” (1962), James Taylor, claims Brando split 52 pairs of pants during the shooting of the film, due to his wild swings in weight. This necessitated a stretch fabric be used on his wardrobe replacement clothes. He split these pants too. During this time, Marlon was also once observed taking a 5-gallon tub of ice cream and rowing himself out in the lagoon to indulge himself.

/ourguy/
>>
>>85784726
Yet it ended up as one of his best movies, or one with the most recognition.

This is why actors need agents, most of them are low iq manchildren that can't behave and don't know what's good for them.
>>
>>85783434
It's Brando, he didn't care, he got into acting for the money, he hated western society, he hated his fame but enjoyed the perks that came with it.

But he was a head of his time, one of the best actors in film.
>>
>>85784887
but anon, what are you talking about?

>one of his best movies
>one with the most recognition

have you ever watched on the waterfront? the godfather? etc etc

I mean, come on, I know this is /tv/ but stop being a pleb
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (235KB, 2880x1619px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
235KB, 2880x1619px
Any more stories where a group hired to do a job fractures because of simmering animosity on the division of spoils?
>>
And I thought, my god, the genius of that!

The strength! Pure, crystalline, genuine.

If I had ten divisions like that our troubles here would be over very quickly
>>
>>85784799
Literally /our guy incarnate/
>>
File: 1500420808086.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
1500420808086.png
249KB, 248x459px
>>85783434
>>
>>85785257
>have you ever watched on the waterfront? the godfather? etc etc

He said "one of" not the THE one, which is true. To be ruthlessly honest most people will only know him in the future for the Godfather and Apocalypse Now.
>>
I really wish he had gotten to play a Bond villain
>>
>>85785350
The story behind the making of Apocalypse Now
>>
>>85785630
that's pretty lazy and retarded, sorry, if you recognize marlon brando only for apocalypse now you should start by watching more movies and not the imdb top 100
>>
>>85785764
>implying The Godfather isn't on that list

Nigga you said MB is known for two of his most famous movies you are the pleb
>>
>>85785764
Pretty sure he said "most people" recognize him for those movies anon
>>
>>85785791
ok you win anon, I'm the pleb sure AN is one of the best movies ever, I mean is THE best movie of all time since the big bang, and MB acting here did the best perfomance of any actor in any movie, in those 10 minutes he's on screen
>>
>>85785764
>you
You are shooting the messenger brah, just stating facts. Like it or not Brando will be remember in history mainly by Apocalyspe Now and the Godfather.
>>
>>85783434
Brando being so fat kind of ruined his character in the movie for me.
>>
>>85786105
>brah
Shut she fuck up island nigger
>>
>>85783434
Ha imagine Robert Redford whispering "the horror". Then again, wasnt he the horse whisperer...
>>
>>85783434
This film is proof positive of the power of the editor being far and above the most important in film. Far more important than even the cinematogrpaher and definitely way more important than actors.
>>
>>85786143
No it's alright

I think that's why he was cast. He portrays some officer that's so up his own ass he thinks himself a god. He just played himself. Good riddance he knew nothing about the film so he just played what he would say in real life in that situation.
>>
>>85788071

Editor is probably the most important to get a good movie if the script and shot scenes are decent enough.
>>
>>85788413
>>85788071
t. aspiring egotistical editors
>>
>>85784799
schizophrenia
>>
Marlon Brando did nothing wrong.
>>
>>85783434

Listen to Me Marlon

Explains everything.
>>
>>85783597
i think brando had let himself go insane because he legitimately did not give a shit
>>
>>85783434
Marlon Brando was clearly depressed. Did we ever get to know what happenned to him?
>>
>>85788950
you dont know what that is and rich people dont get diagnosed with mental illness, only poors
>>
>>85791403
Well he died for one thing. That'll really put you down.
>>
>>85791403

His gay toyboy died or someshit
>>
>>85791569
BS spread by the jews because he badmouthed them one time on TV. I quickly searched and found out his son commited a murder, and his daughter suicide.
>>
>>85791403
He was a real deal big fat peepee poopoo manbaby with a devilish sense of humor and enjoyed making everyone around him have to work hard just to deal with him. Lived the dream desu
>>
God I love these Brando stories. The guy was a fucking hero. Nothing would get in the way of his will, regardless of how bizarre or unnecessary it was. These are literally the only good threads on /tv/ right now.
>>
File: 12_d6a3504.jpg (211KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
12_d6a3504.jpg
211KB, 1600x1067px
>>85791731
He spent his last days trolling people on early internet chat rooms

1ofus
>>
>>85783434
Other than being a complete asshole? Nothing much I guess.
>>
>>85783434
Actor here -- Marlon was very confident in himself, and I am convinced that this is how he was not only such a problematic person to negotiate with, but with why he was able to act so convincingly.

Still, I was not impressed with him. Not that his acting was bad (even though he was probbly trying less than usual, in my opinion), but rather he did not fit the character in a manner I saw fit. I honestly think Jack Nicholson would have been better.

Still, Brando brings the people in. Of course they fought to keep him.
>>
>>85783434
i swear these stories are just trying to compete with the stories about it's spiritual predecessor, Aguirre the Wrath of God where the director had to point a gun at the main actor to get a scene filmed
>>
>>85791731

My favourite one was where he went to his childhood friends funeral, took the ashes off the dead guys wife, then climbed a tree and refused to come down.
>>
>>85792026
Only on /tv/ can you witness this much autism
>>
>>85788535

delet this
>>
Marlon Brando's a fucking masterful actor, but I'm surprised by how many times a director went "Should I hire Marlon Brando, or an actor who listens to directions, learns his lines, doesn't eat all the catering food, and looks like a human instead of some strange pig-creature? I'll call Marlon!"
>>
what the fuck even went on during the making of that movie? it seemed just as chaotic as the movie itself
>>
>>85792440
Marlon's fun
>>
>I swallowed a bug
>>
File: 1500768509401.gif (484KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1500768509401.gif
484KB, 245x245px
>>85792513
>>85785350
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102015/
>>
>>85785257
>I could go on and on...
Kek, look at this desperately pretentious pseud piece of shit.
>>
>>85784799
Literally our guy
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.