[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>spiderman that actually acts like spiderman >peter that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 2

File: Smh.png (4MB, 1440x2406px) Image search: [Google]
Smh.png
4MB, 1440x2406px
>spiderman that actually acts like spiderman
>peter that actually acts like peter
>fun and lighthearted
>cool villain fights
>manletkino
>BLEACHED

Is it, dare I say, better than Raimi's trilogy?
>>
>>85779126
idk i haven't seen it
>>
Objectively yes, but prepare for the incoming horde of raimifags
>>
>>85779126
>Spiderman that actually acts like Spiderman
>Peter that actually acts like Peter.

Both of these are objectively incorrect and that's why the movie was so meh.
>>
>>85779126
Movie was alright but I still preferred Raimi's. Nothing wrong with liking this one ore though.
>>
>>85779126
Did Tony taking the suit away bring to mind a parent taking away a cell phone from a child to anyone else?
>>
It's better than 1 and 3.
>Inb4 triggered Raimifags
>>
>>85779126
The movie was the perfect groundwork for the best Spider-Man that we will see on screen. I just got a little tired of the 'weak' Spider-Man that we see in the film. (I totally get that it was meant to be that way and it did work for the film). It'll be fantastic when we see Tom's Spidey swinging around the Manhattan skyline cracking jokes!
>>
>>85779126
Maybe, or close to. The only thing Raimi did better were the fight scenes. I enjoyed watching Homecoming, but the shaky fights weren't as polished as some other films.
>>
>>85779891
I don't care about your opinion, but don't use "objectively" when you're just talking out of your ass.
>>
>>85780336
>better than 1
nah senpai
>>
>>85780290
no
>>
I didn't like it much. Better than the Amazing Spider-Man movies, but nowhere close to Raimi. This movie is totally harmless fun, but perhaps that's my problem with it. Raimi's trilogy was among the most influential movies to me growing up. Rewatching them before Homecoming, I was surprised at how dark and menacing those movies could get, and how well they fit in with the purposeful goofiness of Raimi's direction. Homecoming isn't a bad movie, but it lacks the soul and the feeling of something that a director worked really hard on.
>>
>cool villain fights
Peter doesn't even actually defeat Vulture himself
>plane crashes
>Vulture's suit gets fucked up and explodes
>all Peter does is rescue him from burning rubble
This movie was nothing but Spiderman being thrown around like a ragdoll

The big scene where he pulls the ship back together, the scene everyone thought would be the heroic climax, is stolen by Iron Man

This is literally a cuck movie
>>
>>85779126

It will be the worst of the 3 series and it's performance shows that.
>>
My wife's son loved it.
I would have too if I hadn't seen Jamal greet my wife at the house as we left for the theater
>>
>>85779126
>85779126
Spiderman 2
Spiderman
Homecoming
Civil War
Dogshit
TASM
TASM2
>>
>>85781898
Are you a shill or just baiting
>>
>movie's going to end up with over 300 mil domestic, something that the Garfield movies never did
>will finish with a WW Box office between 780-800 million once the China and Japan markets finish, better than either Garfield movie
>could potentially beat Wonder Woman

remind me how this film is having trouble again?
>>
>>85782081
Spider-Man had his shit suit while fighting with the Vulture, which is an impressive feat. My impression was that the screenwriters purposedly made Stark confiscate his suit so that he wouldn't be too OP. But I guess what you see in a movie is what you are familiar with.
>>
>>85782186
Because Sony got assfucked by Marvel. They could have made a Spider-Man movie that made $800 mil without Marvel.
>>
>>85782186
It's postponed in China indefinitely and that's never good since chinks have no problem pirating stuff. And even then its release will have to compete with every other movie that gets dumped at the same time once this blackout lifts.
>>
>>85779891
It looking like a Disney Channel tv show doesn't cripple it?
>>
>>85779180
>>85780336
>>85781898
ITT: fags
>>
>>85779126
>>spiderman that actually acts like spiderman
Too bad he spends most of his time talking to Jarvis, er, KAREN, and his new fat filipino friend
>>peter that actually acts like peter; no Spidey Sense
Getting pushed around by a pajeet Flash, not being the tech guy (the fat friend took over that role), Peter whining constantly about not being an Avenger
>>fun and lighthearted
it was lighthearted, but not much fun (endless SJW quotes, le edgy new MJ, Peter whining most of the time)
>>cool villain fights
They were disgusting CGI fests. The boat fight looked like a video game and the whenever he was fighting Vulture in the air it looked like he was wrestling a kite
>>manletkino
That would be Iron Man 1
>>BLEACHED
He didn't fuck anyone
>>
>>85779126
>spiderman that actually acts like spiderman
Fuck no.
>peter that actually acts like peter
Fuck no.

I liked the Vulture a lot though.
>>
It's way better than TASM but not quite as good as Raimi films.
>>
>>85781981
He is objectively right though. If you look at the original source material, Peter Parker/Spider-Man has very, very little in common behavior wise with the Homecoming version. They're different characters.
>>
>>85779891
you must be kidding. Tom Holland is a perfect Peter Parker
>>
My biggest problem with Homecoming was Iron Man was in it too much and Peter's character revolved around him dragged his own motivations and drive to be a superhero out of the main focus.

Still better than the Amazing Spider-Man movies and arguably Spider-Man 3.
>>
>>85782245
Eh, no cape shit movie released in like the last 4 years or so has made less than like 86 million in China, this likely won't be any different, and Japan loves Spiderman too, both the last two movies have made 30-40 million there,

if South Korea's anything to go by this won't be any difference since it's already made more there than either of the Garfield movies did
>>
>>85782461
Question. Have you ever actually read any of the original Spider-Man comics?
>>
>>85782433
>Peter Parker is a rejected yet highly intelligent nerd who's awkward with people
>Spider-Man is a cocky smartass always making awkward one-liners

How is he different my newfriend?
>>
>>85780290
mmmm maybe. I'd say it's more comparable to taking away a teenager's first car, if they're so lucky to have one. In which case, responsibility is meant to be a huge aspect in having one, which is the case of Spider-Man having his new suit.
>>
>>85782240
Could they? Sony's been the bumbling drunk of the cape shit studios for a while now, and the ASM movies were going in a bad direction
>>
>>85782502
Not him but I've read the 100 or so first Amazing Spider-Man issues. I really liked Tom Holland's performance as well, although I agree his behavior was more similar to newer representations of the character. Most characters in the comic books of the 60s were bland anyways.

Have YOU read any of those comics? Honest question.
>>
>>85782240
I didn't know there was such a thing as a Sony fanboy.
>>
>>85782682
>didn't know there was a such thing as a Sony fanboy
I take it you don't browse /v/
>>
>>85782114
But I'm sure that smelling Jamal's man musk on your wife was really enjoyable
>>
>>85782773
Guilty as charged. I did expect contrarians though, so I'm not let down on that matter.
>>
>>85782773
Aren't Sony's film and game division completely different things? One's doing really well and the other not so much
>>
>>85779126
Haven't cared to watch it, like a sane person I was done with Spider-Man about ten years ago
>>
File: Untitled-4.jpg (251KB, 888x443px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.jpg
251KB, 888x443px
>>85782523
>awkward with people
This my point. Peter actually originally wasn't written that way. He was aloof, not awkward. It's only something like six or seven issues in that he starts putting the moves on Betty Brant while he's still a high schooler and she's totally into it.

I'm pretty sure most people who think Peter was always this "awkward" kid are people who got introduced to him through the Raimi movies, since even as late as with the 90s animated series he was not portrayed that way. Who's the newfriend now?
>>
>>85782632
Yes, see >>85782957.

As long as you acknowledge this is a much more modern interpretation I don't care if you happen to like it better, but it seems off to me to argue he's "the perfect Peter Parker" while acknowledging how distant he is from what the character was originally like.
>>
Why would bleached or manlets be a good thing?
>>
>>85782081
The big scene isn't the boat scene.
It's Peter freeing himself from the rubble and realising his true strength. The boat scene was just the money shot of the trailer.
>>
>>85782632
>although I agree his behavior was more similar to newer representations of the character.
I can't think of any Peter this irresponsible and selfish, What Ifs included.
>>
>>85782523
Also:
>Spider-Man is a cocky smartass always making awkward one-liners

This barely happens in Homecoming. The only example I can recall off the top of my head is during the ATM robbery sequence. Did he even make a single sarcastic jab at the Vulture any of the times they fought?

Most of the time he's being silly, not witty, which is exactly the wrong type of humor for Spider-Man.
>>
>>85782245
>It's postponed in China indefinitely
It opens in China on September 8th
>>
>>85783067
That's at least partially stolen by Iron Man too.

It should have been Uncle Ben. The movie gives the impression that the only reason Peter even cares about being Spider-Man is because he wants to be like Tony Stark.
>>
>>85783188
They've done Uncle Ben three times now, I'm sure they wanted to give him a break, and avoid the origin story as much as humanly possible
>>
>>85782167
Just someone who has actually picked up a comic in my life time and is not circle jerking a bad 4chan shitfest over Tobey.
>>
>>85782957
>>85783021
That's exactly what I said: his behavior was not based on the original Amazing Spider-Man from the 60s, which was bland anyways in my opinion, but with the "classic" persona of Spider-Man we got afterwards. My newfriend, Peter Parker was awkward much before Raimi's version or the 90's animated version.

But nitpicking aside, regardless of any version of Spider-Man he has mostly always been like this: super awkward at first (usually in the first issues) until he becomes more confident and starts to hit on all the girls. So in that sense, I rest my case, as I predict he will not be awkward in the sequels.

>>85783095
It happens a lot, though not so much with the Vulture, as much as I can recall anyways. But he did it all the time with the casual crooks. Remember that scene with the robbers dressed as Avengers? Those were sarcastic jabs, though whether you find it silly or witty is up to you (Spider-Man has never been witty to me personally).
>>
still capeshit
still comicbooks
Peter Pan's syndrome, where do you guys see yourselves in 5 years?
>>
>>85783277
>>85783095
I just realized you mentioned the ATM robbery sequence, my bad.
>>
>>85783401
Having a better job than you, ironically.
>>
>>85783256
Doing the origin story again would have been a mistake, I agree. That doesn't mean you should pretend Peter's entire motivation for becoming Spider-Man doesn't even exist. Referring back to Ben as the person who taught him about power and responsibility would not be the same as rehashing the whole origin, and would have been the right thing to do. It was a huge lapse in judgment that they failed to make even the slightest reference to Peter's actual motivation.
>>
>>85782477
>My biggest problem with Homecoming was Iron Man was in it too much
this
>>
>>85783277
>but with the "classic" persona of Spider-Man we got afterwards.

What exactly is this "classic" persona you are referring to that isn't the original persona? Are you trying to talk about post Lee-Ditko Spidey, when Gerry Conway took over and he was a college student with a (admittedly complicated by his alter-ego) social life who regularly dated super hot women? He wasn't awkward during that era either, all he did was mature.

Help me out here. What are some examples of this "classic persona" you claim has more legitimacy than the first and longest-lasting version?

Would you by any chance happen to be a Dan Slott fan? That would explain a lot.
>>
>>85783506
It did get covered in Civil War though..
>>
>>85783604
Not nearly good enough, you need to treat the movie as a self-contained whole. I get that there's a continuity and that's fine, you can refer back to prior events, but you still need to establish the character's motivation within the individual film.

And the thing is, I'm not saying they didn't do that here. The problem is they established it as looking up to Tony Stark and wanting to be like him. It basically overwrote his guilt over the loss of his uncle as his motivation. At that point you're not even making a movie about Spider-Man anymore, not even Ultimate Spider-Man.
>>
>>85783506
I didn't mind it that much. That's mainly fanboyist nitpicking as far as I'm concerned. We all know the story, "with great powers come great responsibilities" etc. I'm glad they left that out.
>>
>>85783673
I think you're just saying you don't really care about the character so much as watching a fun and amusing super hero movie. That's fine. I do happen to be a fan and it matters to me. Keep in mind this whole discussion began because someone claimed that this was "the perfect Peter Parker." I don't go around telling people who like this movie they shouldn't because it doesn't get the character right. I actually agree it was a fun movie. But if you're going to claim it's true to the source material, that's where I'm going to take issue.
>>
>>85783673
Doesn't matter if we know the story, it needs to be acknowledged that it's his main motivation, and is why he is what he is.
>>
>>85783673
>I'm glad they left that out.
They didn't just leave out the quote though, they left out any theme of responsibility and replaced it with self reliance. Shit that would have been a source of drama for most interpretations of Spider-Man are straight up blown off immediately, like nearly killing civilians, which he continues to do and is rewarded at the end for it.
>>
>>85783595
As I explained, he's always awkward in the first issues, but he doesn't stay that way. That's his "classic persona". He's been like that in all versions I've seen of him, yet it never stopped him from eventually dating hot chicks.

>>85783726
I'll conclude this discussion and go to bed by stating that maybe he's not "the most true to the source material ever", but I found that he was, in spirit, pretty close to it, especially compared to the other films (although I didn't have any problems with the Raimi movies). We must also take into account that it's a different version where the Avengers have been there for more than a decade, where it's 2017 and not 1963 so his personality will also reflect our current time, etc. In short, I can understand die-hard comic fans who don't think he's THAT close to the source material, but I will defend that he's pretty similar in spirit.

In any cases, good night y'all.
>>
>screentime dedicated to lecturing about white guilt
yeah , no.
>>
>>85783963
>As I explained, he's always awkward in the first issues, but he doesn't stay that way.
You didn't "explain" that at all. I clearly showed it is not true. Go back and read the beginning of ASM from issue 1. He is not "awkward." Withdrawn, and rejected by his peers, yes. But he's consistently shown to be quick-witted and able to comfortably engage with people from the beginning. He even typically stands up for himself against Flash, and only holds back because he's afraid he'd seriously injure the guy if he let his temper get out of control.

Anyway, go to bed, newfriend. You can do your research tomorrow.
>>
>>85779126
you mean the spiderman whos inspiration and motivation and goals all evolve around uncle tony and not uncle ben?
>>
>>85784042
The concept of Spider-Man has always been that he was a reject getting bullied by others. Maybe we didn't see his social awkwardness as much as we would in today's media, or in the same way. Hell, the comics were from the 60s. And like I said, they were bland. I feel like we're just nitpicking at words right now but whatever, see ya.
>>
>>85784178
>I feel like we're just nitpicking at words right now
No, we aren't. You keep changing your story. First you said he was always awkward and I showed that was wrong. Then you claimed there was a "later classic persona" where he was awkward and I asked what it was, but then you changed again to say he was akward in "the first issues" (I assume you mean of Amazing) and later grew out of it. You still haven't provided a single concrete example.

I think you are just annoyed that you got proven wrong after being condescending. Have a good sleep, newfriend.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.