[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I watched this for the first time on Sunday with the new episode.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: rick-and-morty-flip-off-1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rick-and-morty-flip-off-1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
So I watched this for the first time on Sunday with the new episode. Come on guys, you like this shit? It's literally just Family Guy. I refuse to believe that bit where the Mad Max guy takes off his bucket and talks about his moustache wasn't written by Seth Macfarlane; and, if it wasn't, he should fucking sue them,
>>
Yeah, why would you ever start on the actual first episode.
>>
>>85773746

It wouldn't have made a difference to the jokes. This isn't some complicated drama; it's a comedy. It was a lot like Family Guy. Really a lot like Family Guy.
>>
>>85773660
Try watching the episodes that weren't written by tumblrinas.

Last episode it was SOOO obvious that humorless bitches wrote it.
>>
>>85773808
How so?
>>
>>85773660
Literally no one here likes it other than some /co/ and reddit tourists
>>
>>85773660
lol what if the middle fingers were replaced with pickles
>>
It was alright, not sure what your obsession with Family Guy is about.
>>
Yeah, the latest episode was probably my least favorite of the series, even worse than Get Schwifty.
>>
>>85775804
>wahh stop offending my favorite show
>>
>>85775855
Family Guy is better than Rick and Morty.

R&M includes its audience on the joke. Seth has open contempt for his retard FAUXNEWS audience. And he tells them so. And they go out and buy Stuey merchandise.
>>
I actually loved this show but hated the last episode. It was a real jump the shark moment.

Unfortunately you can't even talk about this show on /tv/. Conversations about it always attract a couple of die hard insufferable autists.
>>
>>85773660
Let people enjoy the things
>>
>>85775943
Yeah it was a weak episode. The next ones will show if it was just a stumble or a sign of the end
>>
>>85775897
>Seth has open contempt for his retard FAUXNEWS audience

That's the definition of hack writing. Someone who writes with contempt for the audience. Also Seth hasn't written an episode in years.
>>
>>85775943
>Conversations about it always attract a couple of die hard insufferable autists.
Welcome to 4chan. Don't like it? Bye bye.
>>
>>85775943
>jump the shark moment
If you don't get that this is the show's entire punchline, then it isn't the show for you.
>>
>>85775943
I felt the same way. I comment on reddit and on the rick and morty facebook giving my legit criticism and I get fucking shit on by autist fans.
>>
>>85775897

Fox programming and Fox news are veeeeery different things. Fox had Simpsons, King of the Hill, Family Guy, etc. I think the episode of R&M I saw was better than Family Guy, and by quite a bit, but it was still the exact same style of humour.

>>85775663

The 'so random' tm humour that family guy sort of invented. Like I said, the moustache scene was absolutely a Family Guy joke, in every single way. I half expected a 10 minute fight scene with a giant chicken afterwards. The animation was quite similar as well.
>>
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
>>
>>85777923

I've actually read Turgenev's Father's and Sons. I know you're kidding, but that's a funny reference to throw in there. Great book, actually.
>>
>>85773660
It's actually worse than family guy
>>
>>85776648
>shows entire purpose is to be shit
interesting
>>
>>85773660
The show is clearly too smart for you. If you don't like Rick & Morty then you probably don't understand it.
>>
>>85778320
>it's shit because I don't like it
what a well formed opinion
>>
>>85777923
You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditard to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.
>>
>>85778451
literally defining your own statement but ok
didn't realise jumping the shark was a good thing someone put happy days back on air
>>
>>85778515
>show doesn't take itself seriously
>uses contrived plot elements for the sake of fucking around and setting up bits
its your problem that you're holding it to such high standards. it's a cartoon show. it's just as bad as the people who claim its the best show on television. it's just a fun show, nothing more.
>>
We also didn't need another thread for /tv/ hipsters to bitch about how Rick and Morty is no good, but fuck it.
>>
>>85778657
>show doesn't take itself seriously
>as soon as the Trudeau equality cabinet step in it becomes the summer power half hour and rick loses all sense of character

It's shit im out
>>
>>85778267
That's a pasta
>>
>>85779387
you're still here shitting up this thread with bad opinions
>>
>>85779387
Also they are constantly treating their "adventure" like a joke
Instead of the usual life/death it has been for the first 2 seasons
>>
Rick and Morty is amazing.
>>
>>85778455
Pretty much this
>>
>>85779511
>shitting up a rick and morty thread

pissing in ocean of piss etc
>>
>>85779541
you didn't watch the first 2 seasons

>>85778455
>trying to inject this much bullshit into a cartoon
you're worse than the redditors who praise it so highly
>>
>>85779765
>stop liking what i don't like
woa
>>
File: image.png (688KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
688KB, 640x1136px
Le epic loot XD
>>
>>85779817
>I can't read
I can tell
>>
>>85779889
all i've read is the same tired argument and shit pasta from pseudo-redditors. stay classy and keep parroting, friendo
>>
>>85773660
startinga post with the word "SO".

go back to rebbit youf uckign faggot
>>
>>85778455
Thank you.
>>
>>85779974

I've been on 4chan for 12 years. People still tell me to "go back" somewhere whenever they disagree with me.
>>
>>85773660
Not defending the show but fuck you for starting the series on the third season you fucking cretin
>>
>>85780028

It;s a comedy show with jokes that are almost entirely non-sequiturs. It's family guy. You don't need to start Family Guy from the beginning to get all the plot points and details. It's just random jokes.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170801-222334.jpg (27KB, 921x85px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170801-222334.jpg
27KB, 921x85px
>>85775943
Here they are!
>>
File: lol.jpg (47KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
47KB, 500x673px
>literally just pretentious futurama for the 2010s
>>
>>85773660
Ironically you use a screenshot for your post from an episode that was fucking great (S02E06) and way better than family guy could ever be. I hated the mad max garbage and I think you really got a valid point. I don't like every episode, but some of them are really good and for them it's definitively worth it to watch the show. But the newest episode was pretty shitty
>>
>>85780089
You're fucking retarded
>>
>>85780027
then why did you start post with word 'so'?
>>
>>85780028
Name a single plot point from all of season 1-2 that has been acknowledged in anyway from the last two episodes.
>>
>>85780245
Watch it at the intended sequence or don't watch at all
>>
>>85780285
Spotted /that guy/
Do you also think certain foods are manly?
>>
>>85780027
>>85779974
Yea when you try to be in the super secret club you gotta post like them or else they tell you to go somewhere
>>
>>85780194

I didn't know it was official reddit-speak. I don't use reddit. It's a normal way to start a post as far as I can tell.
>>
File: rfv8ld1sj7dz.jpg (105KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
rfv8ld1sj7dz.jpg
105KB, 720x1280px
>think /tv/ is just exaggerating and people liking something this stupid as if it was comedic genius is just a meme
>see this on plebbit
Rick and morty fans are truly scum
>>
I really am starting to dislike Rick and Morty fans.

I enjoy the show, but I criticized it a bit on the facebook comments of the show and I got fucking attacked by hipster shitheads who think I just don't "get it" no I "get it" I just don't think last episode was very good.
>>
>>85780163
>literally just pretentious nihilistic futurama for the 2010s

Fixed that for ya
>>
>>85781465
The scum is the person charging $50 for that
>>
>>85778267
this is the single most genuine post this board has ever seen
>>
>>85781465
this really will do...
>>
>>85781465
these bowls which you can get at gas stations are worth no more than 10-15 dollars. To spend that much on a bowl is stupid
>>
OP, your first impression on the show was pretty bad and I know it will be tough to get over it. But last episode was definetely worse than what season 1 and 2 were. I actually start tothink quality has been dropping even since second half of season 2. But trust me, the show is pretty solid. Or at least it used to be.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.