[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dunkirk only two million more than the Emoji movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

>Dunkirk only two million more than the Emoji movie

Explain this, americans.
>>
Redpill me on Girls Trip
>>
>>85767297

Because people would rather see something original than yet another WWII movie.
>>
>>85767342
Black film made for black people.
>>
>>85767297
Dunkirk, while a good film, glorifies the actions of racist white men who, after winning the war, went home and continued to oppress women and minorities.

The Emoji Movie is a soulless cash grab, no doubt, but at least TJ Miller gave it a purpose in exposing kids to progressive values.
>>
Americans, did you clap at the end of the movie like good citizens?
>>
>>85767461
No one in the theater but my Turkish roommate clapped, actually
>>
>>85767297
>Spiderman 13.3M
>Wonder Woman 3.4M
JUST
>>
>>85767461
that's really not as widespread as you euros think it is
>>
>>85767557
So I assume the theatre was shot up before you got a chance to clap?
>>
>>85767376
unironically this
>>
>>85767557
Isn't it? Here's a whole youtube channel dedicated to filming american audiences cheering, clapping and hollering DURING a film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UFWdwx3mjU
>>
File: 1501209612098.png (760KB, 760x839px) Image search: [Google]
1501209612098.png
760KB, 760x839px
>Parents can take their snot nosed kids to see the emoji movie starring their favorite shill from Silicon Valley (tm)
>can't take them to see Dunkirk
Gee it really takes a rocket scientist to figure when the money is coming from on this one.
>>
>>85767376
I know this is bait but Dunkirk is one of the most original WWII films of recent times.

This would be Dunkirk if it was the usual war flick.
1. Backstory: MC should have his father killed in WWI while his mother, brother and Skippy the dog have terminal cancer.
2. Clear villains: a German Nazi with monocle and Austrian accent should be cackling and rubbing his hands all the time while kicking dogs and executing cancer patients.
3. Love interest: a blonde French girl with DD tits and sexy English accent should have graphic sex with MC but then dies by Stuka
4. Fatherly Seargent: worldly non-com with cancer ridden prostitute wife with a heart of gold, who took MC under his wing but dies by Stuka.
5. Unhistorical inclusion of Yank Mustangs and Battleships against German jet fighters
6. Gasoline explosions and laser-looking tracers
7. Scenes of British citizens jumping and hollerin while waving flags and not queueing.
8. Mid bombing quips and jokes for "comic relief"
9. Exposition by scrolling text during opening scene which copy pasted the entire wikipedia article on the battle of Dunkirk.
>>
>>85767637
must be a nigger-heavy area.

inb4 >that's all of America
>>
Dunkirk has been out longer
>>
File: British baking.jpg (217KB, 2013x1251px) Image search: [Google]
British baking.jpg
217KB, 2013x1251px
>>85767297

>Explain this, americans

One is about a bunch of whiny brits running away and the other is about cute emoticons.

Which do you think families are going to see?
>>
My Nephew wanted to see the emoji movie so I slapped him and made him watch the Dark Knight Rises on loop

Did I do good /tv/
>>
Because you're comparing second week with opening week numbers.
>>
>>85767637
shit my theater had an even bigger reaction than that, that sounded like a group beside the cameraman, most of the people in my theater were redditors and "nerds" making SKREEONK noises every time godzilla was on screen and no blacks

desu though the tail lighting up followed by the first breath and the MUTO decapitation were kino as fuck
>>
>>85767412
>tfw saw some post about how girls trip and rough night was supposedly some hoolywood experiment to see if they could sell the same movie twice and was testing to see if race actually has anything to do with the sales of the films
>oh look rough night did shit and girls trip did okay! i guess you can sell black people!
>ignores the fact that rough night is led by a bunch of unfunny whiny bitches and revolves around an attempt at a comical murder by the fat girl jumping on the stripper and knocking his head on concrete and is filled with them snorting coke and that girls trip shows a relatively tame movie about some older women tryin to party when they are too old for it
i hate most of the people who talk about race and representation in films. they draw terrible parallels between films trying to further their agenda. rough night looked like shit from the get go and girls night seemed like a normal people movie, it had nothing to do with race. besides, of course you can sell black people in films, we already went through that with blaxploitation films.
>>
>>85767680
applauding at films/things in general is a white American thing to do in my experience
>>
>>85767342
It's a fun raunchy comedy about hanging with (female) friends with an unneeded 'respect yourself' message tacked on for Regina Hall's character. The fact that it's black people (and female) is only relevant for a few bits (locations/character premises, word jokes that pol fags will get triggered by, sexual humor).
>>
>>85770453
Actually, come to think of it, it actually is a Black-oriented movie insofar as the celebrity cameos are more substantive if you know who they are. But fundamentally, it's more akin to a Hangover movie than say a raceswapped-Annie like ripoff of something like Rough Night/

t. white boy
>>
>>85767654
>>85767297
Wonder Woman BTFO
>>
>>85767297
Why in the fuck would I want to go see a film about how the U.K. abandoned the French to ze Germans?

That would be about as interesting as a film about how the U.K. cried, whined, and begged the U.S. to come bail their sorry asses out of yet another European war, and almost as fucking stupid as an emoji movie.
>>
half the country has an IQ lower than 100.
>>
>>85772590
at least they arent frogs
>>
>>85767721
>not BvS

No you did wrong
>>
File: IMG_0129.jpg (162KB, 1746x1318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0129.jpg
162KB, 1746x1318px
>>85767552
>>85772357
>being mad that Spider-Man is losing to a fucking movie about emojis while WW is on track to make 800m
>>
>>85773984
You know that spiderman hasn't opened in Japan and China yet right?
>>
>>85774890
>implying every chink hasn't seen the pirated copy yet
>implying gooks are even interested with ugly people disney movie

kek
>>
>>85767678
Nice strawman. Why do people work on these so much? Nobody wanted this.

The film should have been
1. Keep opening scene
2. Ken Branagh actually explains what's going on
3. Film purely focuses on Frenchie/Alex and their attempts at staying hidden as well as numerous tragedies occurring all around them
4. Actually make mention of the fact that the big ships were more useful than the small ships
5. No big epic triumphant music
6. Characters don't all look the same and don't look like boy band rejects
7. Leave out shit like George and the PTSD soldier, that shit was pure faggotry/fujoshit that served zero purpose
8. Leave out the air 'arc' and those characters, keep the battles though
9. No pretentious timeskips and jump cuts
10. No obnoxious ticking, more emphasis on eerie ambience
11. Show evidence of German brutality, don't tell us
12. Make Alex die at the end and make the Frenchie live on, don't reveal the character's backstories but let the bond serve as the emotional connection
That would have actually been kino, not the garbled mess of traditional war movie tropes and Nolan's usual trash. The Mole was the best part of the story since it was truly was about Dunkirk, the Sea and the Air could have been in any other movie
>>
>>85767297
kids you fuckin retard
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.