[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which filmmakers are holy? I'd say Malick, Ozu, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Song to Song.jpg (78KB, 1000x550px) Image search: [Google]
Song to Song.jpg
78KB, 1000x550px
Which filmmakers are holy?

I'd say Malick, Ozu, and Bresson. Who else?
>>
Li Fuk
>>
Jacque Tati
>>
>>85751330
I can't feel like Malick is kind of a fucking hack
>>
>>85751440
*help but

I was thinking about Brave New World and forgot to type
>>
>>85751330
Well the pope if he ever made a film.
Else, none
>>
>>85751473
it's The New World, and that's his best film, numbnuts
>>
>>85751330
Tarkovsky
>>
>>85751506
t. cathcuck

>>85751520
What's so bad about all his other films?
>>
>>85751440
This condescending viewpoint explains the failures of the left in total.

Malick is on team spirit. He's escaping the transient "historical materialism" of short-sighted pigs like you. While you roll around in the dirt, slinging mud, reducing existence to something understandable to your pathetic, finite bodily circumstance, Malick is erupting out of history with his eyes on God, taking the brave leap that resentful, cynical pussies like you are too self-absorbed to even see as an option.

Malick is the most courageous artist alive. The soulless cowards criticizing his quest just don't realize the stakes.
>>
>>85752480
This condescending viewpoint explains the failures of the left in total.

Zack Snyder is on team spirit. He's escaping the transient "historical materialism" of short-sighted pigs like you. While you roll around in the dirt, slinging mud, reducing existence to something understandable to your pathetic, finite bodily circumstance, Snyder is erupting out of history with his eyes on Superman, taking the brave leap that resentful, cynical pussies like you are too self-absorbed to even see as an option.

Snyder is the most courageous artist alive. The soulless cowards criticizing his quest just don't realize the stakes.
>>
>>85752523
Snyder is a hack.
>>
File: IMG_0013.jpg (26KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0013.jpg
26KB, 511x288px
Does ascended count as a religion?
>>
>>85752480
>>85752523
The main theme of Malick's films on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology. Thus he implies that we have to choose between predialectic construction and deconstructivist neodialectic theory, essentially Heideggerian as seen in the concept of Dasein. The subject is interpolated then into a cinematic dematerialism that includes spirituality as a whole. But if the Kierkegaardian worldview holds, we have to choose between the cultural paradigm of expression and atomism. In Malick's own "The Concept of Horizon in Husserl and Heidegger" he says that "dread marks the ‘collapse of the world’”. Inherent in this is how the function of Lebenswelt (translated by Malick as "world of life") operates in all his films, chiefly in Days of Heaven and The Tree of Life. We see a phenomenological approach to the world showing a cinematic logic that presupposes a strucutral constraint in rootedness, another intentionality central to his filmography and philosophy. Because "metaphysical comfort" is not an object of temporality per se, but rather an aspect of automatic condition, as suggested by Cavell. Hermeneutic interpretations are also apparent in his post-hiatus movies; in fact the interchangeable subjectivities are but another representation of Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". As his academic hero Heidegger succintly noted, "freedom is the ‘abyss’ of Dasein, its groundless or absent ground". This is essentially the thesis operating in Malick's films.
>>
File: J41SnkS_d.jpg (12KB, 285x298px) Image search: [Google]
J41SnkS_d.jpg
12KB, 285x298px
>>85752480
>Malick is the most courageous artist alive
>>
>>85754424
*hand hold camera makes floaty movements around two people interacting*
>>
Anno
>>
Antonioni
>>
Anthony Fantano
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.