[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nolan's Dunkirk is racist - I'm glad someone has finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3074.jpg (162KB, 749x1124px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3074.jpg
162KB, 749x1124px
>What a surprise that Nigel Farage has endorsed the new fantasy-disguised-as-historical war film, Dunkirk. Christopher Nolan’s movie is an inadvertently timely, thinly veiled Brexiteer fantasy in which plucky Britons heroically retreat from the dangerous shores of Europe. Most importantly, it pushes the narrative that it was Britain as it exists today – and not the one with a global empire – that stood alone against the “European peril”.

>A vast, all-white production such as Nolan’s Dunkirk is not an accident. Such a big budget film is a product of many hundreds of small and large decisions in casting, production, directing and editing. Perhaps Nolan chose to follow the example of the original allies in the second world war who staged a white-only liberation of Paris even though 65% of the Free French Army troops were from West Africa. Perhaps such a circumscribed, fact-free imagination is a product of rewriting British history over the past decades, not in the least by deliberate policies including Operation Legacy? Knowingly or not, Nolan walks in the footsteps of both film directors and politicians who have chosen to whitewash the past.

>But why is it so important for Nolan, and for many others, that the film expunge all non-white presence on the beach and the ships? Why is it psychologically necessary that the heroic British troops be rescued only by white sailors? What would change if brave men fighting at Dunkirk wore turbans instead of helmets? What would alter if some of the soldiers offered namaaz on the sands before rising to face the advancing enemy for that one last time?

http://archive.is/8ds1z
>>
Has Nolan now been cemented as /ourguy/?
>>
>>85745454
no, hes just a normal dude that made a movie and sjw faggots bitched him out, as they will with any movie that doesnt have every minority checked off as a major role.
>>
>Sunny Singh
y u heff to b s med
>>
worst timeline
>>
>>85745418
>Nolan walks in the footsteps of both film directors and politicians who have chosen to whitewash the past.
what the FUCK is her problem?
shes unironically complaining about people """"""whitewashing"""""" history while simultaneously wanting to rewrite history
>>
>>85745418
Why would an Indian in the 1940s consider England his homeland?
>>
>what if
>what if
>what if frodo rode the eagles to mount doom
>what if you weren't an insufferable sjw cunt
>>
when do you think this marxist nightmare shit will end?

its worse of a cancer than religion
>>
were there Empire elements to the BEF? I don't think so but I could be wrong. Surely by mid 1940 Indian troops would've been brought in

Either way
>why were all the sailors white

lmao

fuck this streetshitter
>>
File: 1498482027533.png (806KB, 1300x417px) Image search: [Google]
1498482027533.png
806KB, 1300x417px
>those comments
>>
>>85745609
theguardian is a far leftist website though. probably more than any other british newspaper, excluding huffpo. so what'd you expect?
>>
We should really stop giving these people they attention they crave.
>>
>>85745566
A regiment of Indian muledrivers were there as transport, the second BEF also contained Canadian regiments to fill the gaps from casualties. That's the only evidence of empire troops I can find.
>>
>>85745418
apologies from this indian for this repulsive cunt sunny singh.
>>
weren't all of Nolan's films an all white cast? Why are they complaining now?
>>
File: 1313613920045.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1313613920045.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>85745670
it's pretty obvious they haven't even seen the film. especially the one complaining that there's no scottish people in it.
>>
>>85745716
They often have a token black guy
>>
>>85745418
"british" indian women are some of the most belligerent, abrasive sjws.
>>
>>85745418

we wuz tommiez n shiet
>>
>>85745418
>What would change if brave men fighting at Dunkirk wore turbans instead of helmets?

What a fucking retarded thing to say.
>>
>>85745563
never

get on the right side of history shitlord
>>
>>85745609
>>85745670
The top voted comments are all shitting on the article. The Guardian readership are bad for a lot of stuff but most of them can't stand identity politics these days.
>>
>>85745418
>why aren't there any Indians in this movie?
>by the way it's just a coincidence that I'm Indian and have an inferiority complex
Can this cunt be any more transparent?
>>
>>85745854
>Can this cunt be any more transparent?
nah she's brown
>>
>>85745418
It's /pol/posting because you aren't sharing your opinion on the film nor an actual review of the film as a film. You are simply sharing the opinion of a stupid woman with a political agenda which leads Anons to talk about people and politics instead of the film.
>>
>>85745703
Poo in loo pajeet
>>
>>85745418
I am making seeing this film my main objective since the Guardian has decided that is has: a) too many white people and b) not enough women.
>>
Honestly there will come a day little fucking petty cunts will wish they never troubled us all with this bullshit.
>>
Good comments

>EVERY single article about this film in the Guardian has had a reference to sodding Brexit. Give it a bloody rest. It's a film, and a bloody good one at that. It can't possibly please everyone. I get the impression you'd only have been happy if the film had a 99% non white cast.
-
>Oh dear....
>This article is a joke...!
>To see casual racism and lack of inclusion in Dunkirk is preposterous.....!
>Lets be honest Dunkirk has about as many indians in that the Guardian office has....
>Oh the irony...
-
>There were several hundred Indian troops at Dunkirk (out of 350,000). How far does the author want to go to ensure absolute authenticity?
>>
>>85745728

And he's not racist because he left the token black guy in charge of the spaceship for 22 years and he doesn't pawn it to some jew with a rat tail.
>>
>>85745758
they probably hate their own culture and try very hard to be "British"
>>
I think what annoys people like this more than the white people in the movie is the fact that it did much better than all the "hella diverse" crap hollywood is pumping out.
>>
>>85746024

When the 5 white people left in London are complaining there isn't any white people in the 2027 season of Dr.Whohommad?
>>
>>85745941
But I agree with the author. I said so in the subject title. Christopher Nolan and Dunkirk is racist.
>>
>>85746110
People are waking up to the (((bullshit))) things will change
>>
>>85745418
>Perhaps Nolan chose to follow the example of the original allies in the second world war who staged a white-only liberation of Paris even though 65% of the Free French Army troops were from West Africa.

Oh, so basically she's saying that they corrected the problem?
>>
>>85746110
Doctor Who will be banned by Sharia law
>>
>>85746244
This is why Brexit is going to be comedy gold once muslims figure out EU human rights directives no longer apply.
>>
>>85745716
There was an Indian in Inception.
>>
>>85745968
i poo in australian loo with bidet. where do you poo?
>>
Of course they wouldn't have had Indian sailors
>oh yeah Officer Pajeet you're needed on the poop deck
>Pajeet's eyes widen as he starts to squat
>>
>>85745418
Sikh is a bro-tie...
>>
I said this shit was going to happen for an entire week leading up to Dunkirk and /tv/ told me to fuck off. Told you so
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.