[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the US version of this show feel so fake? There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: gordon-ramsay.jpg (208KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gordon-ramsay.jpg
208KB, 1024x768px
Why does the US version of this show feel so fake? There's always some kind of drama and all the owners feel like arguing with Ramsay instead of taking his advice. Everything just feels forced and unnatural.
>>
>>85733261
Because no one wants to watch a boring ass health department/ OSHA inspection.
>>
Anyone else notice this in every episode
>Ramsay asks waiter what he/she recommends
>"Honestly senpai, it's all fucking garbage. I could go dumpster diving out back with a plate and thatd be more tolerable."
>Then they try the food with him and agree it's bad
What's with all these servers who have a vendetta against the managers
>>
>>85733261
I've watched both versions and the differences I've noticed are mostly due to the people they choose and the soundtrack. The us version gets mentally ill weirdos while the UK version goes for normal people stuck in a rut. Ramsey acts way more excitable in the US version but he's exactly as confrontational, just more screamy. The soundtrack is overbearing as well. The US version focuses on the wackiness of the restaurant staff while the UK version seems to focus on the business itself. I like both versions but the UK version is definitely the more "real" one. A little less entertaining.
>>
>>85733468
Probably nothing to do with how the managers behave
>>
>>85733468
Because the front of house is very rarely the problem. All they do is take orders and bring them food. You don't get crappy food because of the server. You don't wait 2 hours for your food because of your server. The issues generally seem to stem from poor ambience, poor logistics, poor food quality. These are all things the managers are responsible for. The buck stops at them. If food is bad get new chefs. They need to make sure the kitchen is clean and food is fresh and that there's not overstock and that the ambience is inviting. The problems are always management and back of house.
>>
>>85733261
>Why does the US version of this show feel so fake?
>US version
>US

hmmm......I wonder why....
>>
He went to a lot of restaurants in California and that was a horrific idea. The show devolved the moment Hollywood got involved.

Can we just give the south away to Mexico and combine with Canada already?
>>
File: 1498532120665.jpg (116KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1498532120665.jpg
116KB, 750x728px
>>85733261
There's no way the majority of the US one isn't staged. It's supposed to be a big advertisement for the "newly revamped" restaurant at the end anyway. The show has been airing for years and somehow these restaurant managers are floored when Ramsay inspects their disgusting ass refrigerator. Seriously? It's not some big fucking secret he's going to look in there..
>>
>>85733863

What really often fucks me off are the owners, once I see their fridge. They blame the kitchen when, there is literally no way to make a quality meal with what they have in stock.

There ARE shortcuts Ramsay wouldn't take that work but, that's no reason to argue when your fucking business is sinking.
>>
>people praise UK version
>all kino comes from US

way to filter plebs
>>
Americans like drama, disgusting shit and ''''''''''''fights'''''''''''''''''' specially when it's overdone. The UK version is comfy as fuck.
>>
>>85738241

I'd love having the more relaxed, UK version back. It was much, much more fun. You guys tend to put shit on a more BBC like level in interviews; since that's the format you guys have (assuming you're from the UK). I really despise how they are (passively) attempting to force people to cry during interviews.

It's fucking insidious and I think American television has to steer the hell away from it. Or else be totally taken over by internet media.
>>
>>85733261
IT'S
>>
>>85733261
because it's made for american audiences. that's why it has that terrible narration, sound effects, reaction shots, and other idiot-bait editing techniques
>>
File: Bruce-Lee-2-promo.jpg (99KB, 1090x614px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce-Lee-2-promo.jpg
99KB, 1090x614px
>>85738241

See, making television more masculine is actually better for everybody. Have all the races you want but, movies are big as fuck for people when masculinity is heavily projected in the theater.

Look at all history of film production in all instances ever, and go fuck yourself.
>>
Americans will never know the feeling of comfy 2004 UK Kitchen Nightmare kino where Gordon would hang out with the lads
>>
>so what's the problem with the place?
>There's not enough customers coming in!
>so what's the problem with the place?
>There's not enough customers coming in!
>fucking hell.
>>
If they dropped the music the show would be 10/10. English are boring as fuck so i dont the uk version.
>>
>>85733417
fuck you he had good and poignant advice
>>
hells kitchen is better.

but kitchen nightmares is a good 2nd in terms of ramsay's shows. i like both the uk and us version, don't mind the editing/soundtrack.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.