[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MCU finally create a kino villain >it was fake all along

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 60136-full[1].jpg (118KB, 1024x435px) Image search: [Google]
60136-full[1].jpg
118KB, 1024x435px
>MCU finally create a kino villain
>it was fake all along
>real villain is the worst MCU villain ever made

I don't get it, if Mandarin was real he would be not just better than Vulture but one of the best capeshit villains of all time.
>>
I don't get your point.
>>
>>85731382
Iron Man 3 is one of the great wasted opportunities of capeshit.
>>
if i remember right (not into marvel/dc or other comics) he had some magic rings and was kinda powerfull enemy ye? but they turned him to literally a paid bum
>>
>>85731382
I liked that bait'n'switch. It was the easiest way out of making a villain that is nothing more than a racist caricature.
>>
I'd have been ok with Iron Man 3 if Guy Pearce didn't breath fire and have those tattoos.
>>
>>85731698

I like the bait and switch for what it is, it was an interesting twist.

However they really did shit the bed by not fielding a legit Mandarin as an enemy; it would have been a fantastic science vs. magic struggle, throwing something at Tony that he has no defense against, and forcing character development.

Instead we have an orgy of ironman suits smashing against angry hot people.
>>
File: Kenny_Baker-2.jpg (32KB, 512x313px) Image search: [Google]
Kenny_Baker-2.jpg
32KB, 512x313px
>>85731463
Iron man is shit
If I wanted to watch a Manlet dress up as a robot i would just watch a star wars movie
>>
You enitirely missed the point because you just want your typical intimidating villain, Shane Black turned a racist caricature into a satirical commentary on american exceptionalism,capitalism and modern-terrorism, and its not even subtle if you think about it, quiet interesting stuff tbqh.
>>
File: trev handled it.gif (996KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
trev handled it.gif
996KB, 160x160px
He was the real Mandarin all along - he was just playing the part of a washed-up actor named Trevor Slattery, who got hired to play the part of the 'Mandarin' by a corporate villain who claimed, because he thought the name was a myth, to be the Mandarin himself.

Later on he has himself busted out of prison by a low-level mook who simply doesn't know or realise who the real Mandarin is.
>>
>>85732115
To me the biggest offense was the fake death of Pepper Potts and then appearing as a fire breathing super human. I cringed.
>>
>>85734344
It was identical to the dark knight rises twist except that the real villain was even worse than Talia, he was jsut a butthurt manchild that literally turned evil because sempai didn't notice him, he was not realistic, complex or interesting, even his dialogue was fucking cringeworthy.
>>
>>85736588
No, the real Mandarin is a separate character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo8cVxXJ4Js
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.