[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started watching a lot of clips from Letterman in the 80s.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

I started watching a lot of clips from Letterman in the 80s. I always thought he was unfunny and only better than Leno by not being so terrible even though I heard comics say how funny he was.

But looking back it was really good stuff, even today. Completely defined the formula for late night comedy that they all imitated afterwards. Chris Elliot's stuff was especially good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccOS5OSrubg
>>
I loved watching Letterman.
>>
You were not a fan of Mujebur & Serijule?
>>
Christ Elliott is a supergenius though
>>
>>85730343
>HALLO DAVE
>HALLO DAVE
>>
I met Chris Elliott at the Museum like 10 years ago. Super cool guy. You ever see his tv show Get a Life? Thats some truly uproarious shit.
>>
He was good up until 08'ish IMO, then he became politicized and stale
>>
Leno is better off with his car show.
>>
>>85728943
Dude literally lost his talent when he hit the ripe age of 50.
>>
Evil Dave Letterman provided me with more laughs than the real Dave ever did.
>>
>>85731449
This. Evil Dave fucking up trying to do bits cracks me up more than the staged stuff.
>>
I don't watch new late night TV but I watch old Late Night episodes on Youtube. They're pretty timeless. It's weird for a talk show to have atmosphere, but that had it. You can tell how heavily it inspired all the talk shows that came after it.
>>
>>85730343
They vanished after 9/11 didn't they?
>>
>>85730856
>You ever see his tv show Get a Life?
Wow I just read the premise and it sounds fucking great. Thanks man!
>>
loved letterman. havent watched a night show since desu. now it's all goody daily show politics. he was old fashioned and good
>>
>>85733725
You also think they planned it?
>>
>>85733893
I think they were in on it, yeah.
>>
He has a great laugh and it's just comfy and fun.

Conan is the real funny one in a cringe way
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.