[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't millennials watch TV or support the film indu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 37

File: 1497527936508.jpg (75KB, 960x839px)
1497527936508.jpg
75KB, 960x839px
Why don't millennials watch TV or support the film industry anymore? Hollywood is literally on life support now.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/hollywood-has-a-huge-millennial-problem/486209/
>>
>even retarded millenials know better than to pay for movie tickets to watch capeshit #73
Future's bright
>>
>>85703010
I'm gen x and I got screwed over by the conversion from vhs to dvd. Suddenly my movie collection, player, and amp were outdated. Now I just pirate all my movies. Fuck disks and players and drm.
I also used to be able to watch movies in quiet little theaters. Now I have to go to megaplexes full of kids and ethnics and shitty movies.
It's far cheaper to put together a home cinema and steal movies, so that's what I do.
>>
bad entertainment and better elsewhere
>>
>>85703319
Pirating is not stealing.
>>
I just watch old Hollywood movies online and if I like them a lot buy them on blu ray.

New Hollywood propaganda sucks. Last film I really liked was The Revenant.
>>
>>85703010
>ridicule people that buy stuff as simpletons, retards that waste their money
>surprised when people start pirating stuff instead
>>
File: piracyistheft.jpg (17KB, 300x218px) Image search: [Google]
piracyistheft.jpg
17KB, 300x218px
>>85703370
>>
>>85703496
Imagine being that delusional.
>>
>>85703010
>on life support

they wouldn't be throwing out 30mil dollar paychecks to actors if they were on life support.

they just keep complaining about it forever because that's the image they're looking for. you're either the poor victim of piracy that needs to be supported or you're the greedy villain that steals money from the customer.
>>
>>85703712
At the end of the article the writer admits it's just clickbait and that Hollywood sells more tickets in America/Canada alone than all the big 4 sports leagues.
>>
soe is cute
>>
>>85703816
didn't even open that shit. "10(5) reasons why...", "this is why....", " ......has a [...] problem" are all clickbait titles. I sometimes wonder if there's some shitty AI that dishes out those articles but I doubt a machine could produce something so disgusting.
>>
>>85703010
Millenials have Shitflix and piratebay, if they're desperate for mediocre shit for now.Unless you're some backwater hick in China, you demand more than capeshit or reboots of old hack shit to be entertained.
>>
Hollywood is actually making a shitload of money by producing pure concentrated garbage with not a single original idea. But just like Jerry Seinfeld pointed out in his joke, the jews that run Hollywood won't tell you that business is doing extremely good, they tell you it's doing bad so they can cry about having to pay too much taxes and justifying closing torrent sites to make a few more bucks on top of a mountain of billions.
>>
Reminder that if you don't remember 9/11, you're not a millennial

To 18-20 year olds who call yourself Millennials, die.
>>
>>85706451
Where did Seinfeld say, or imply that? I would really like to hear that.
>>
In my country movie theaters are practically a monopoly and ticket prices have doubled in the past ten years while purchasing power certainly hasn't.
>>
>>85703496
99% of the stuff I pirate I wouldn't have ever bought anyway soooo no?
>>
>>85706451
That isn't what the joke meant.
>>
>>85706451
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HoSGPQ80Vc
>>
>>85703010
1. That article is over a year old.
2. Hollywood is not going anywhere. Every other movie you hear how something has broken box office records. It's all media bullshit to get suckers (like OP) to think there is a problem when there clearly isn't.
>>
>>85707596
Hollywood isn't geographically going anywhere, but its revenue it coming from places like China, mostly.
>>
>>85703496
nice bait
>>
Because in the current year why the fuck should you pay for exclusive tv shows? I just pirate all my shit desu
T.millenial
>>
hahaha, millenials! You can't own homes or live the life of comfort of your elders, you suckers!!!!
>>
File: 1480457837795.jpg (163KB, 790x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480457837795.jpg
163KB, 790x480px
>>85703370
Piracy is for little kids and losers.
>>
>>85703010
If /tv/ taught me one thing is that shitposting about movies is most cases more entertaining than actually watching them.
They can't win the war against the internet, they should accept their business model is obsolete.
>>
>>85707373
Then what did he mean??
>>
>>85707703
Wonder Woman:
Domestic: $395,443,706
China: $90,078,029
Stop blaming China for stupid burgers feeding that beast.
>>
>>85703932
Soe?
>>
>>85703496
If I'm baking bread and giving it away for free am I stealing income from bread-jew?
>>
File: shock.jpg (12KB, 183x232px) Image search: [Google]
shock.jpg
12KB, 183x232px
Oy vey, pumping out propaganda actually costs money!
>>
File: m_43605.jpg (67KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
m_43605.jpg
67KB, 639x480px
>>85703932
*was
>>
>>85703010
>2017
>paying $10+ for linear entertainment
>>
based millenials i would say
>>
>>85703010
>current year
>paying money for anything that can be accessed for free on the internet
>>
>>85703319
Did you ever stop and think, that maybe spending hundreds/thousands on a movie collection like ((they)) want you to, maybe wasn't such a good idea after all? I never understood families of the neighbor's kids, whose houses I walked into, and see hundreds of VHS tapes etc. You do realize that you're only supposed to buy movies that you really like, and plan on re-watching? You weren't supposed to build your own Blockbuster at home.
>>
>>85706451
to anyone who hasn't heard it, the joke is pretty much
>two non-jew business men meet on the sidewalk, one says "How's business going?" and the other replies "Great!"
Then Seinfeld asks how you can tell they aren't jews (the joke is that a jew would always act like business is awful)

is seinfeld ourguy?
>>
>>85703496
>if I pirate hard enough I'll become rich
so this is the power of piracy
>>
>>85708335
You said it, comrade!!! Damn Commies and their piracy! Paying Jews = Freedom.
>>
the internet provides whatever you want and even when you are just watching crap its more useful in my opinion
i have not used it for some 5 years
>>
File: woman-laughing-and-smiling.jpg (180KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
woman-laughing-and-smiling.jpg
180KB, 500x334px
>>85710370
Who said anything about paying? Shoplift like an adult, manchild.
>>
If movies were any good any more I'd feel my money was well spent at the theater.

But Hollywood hasn't given me anything that hasn't felt cheap and shitty or overly pretentious and boring since Mad Max Fury Road.
>>
>why don't you pay for 10th spider man, 20th king kong, 30th resident evil, 40th fast&furious etc

fuck you hollywood
>>
>>85703010
SHIT HOW DO I AFFORD MY FOURTH YACHT NOW?!
>>
>>85703010
>Why don't millennials
>t. millennial
>>
>>85703450
>Don't spend money and maybe you'll move up in the world you irresponsible loser
>Why aren't you spending money? The economy is shrinking because of you greedy cheap asses
Modern capitalism in a nutshell.
>>
This is why Hollywood is gonna go after China and emerging Asian markets. They'll see any old shit because they have no taste.
>>
>>85712693

This. the film industry is a luxury and because capitalism is running out of steam, less peasants have a budget for luxuries.

media is changing too as more and more are sick of advertisements and propaganda like marxist feminism from jewish media like reuters and hollwood and instead prefer to produce and consume their own, which is why we are on 4chan.
>>
>>85703010
The TV industry has no one to blame but themselves as they've splintered into at least a dozen paid streaming services and no one is going to pay for all that shit just to watch the shows they like when they can pirate them for free. The movie industry, likewise, is also to blame because no one wants to go to an overpriced theatre full of people that should be gassed to watch some braindead remake of a movie that used to be good 20 years ago when they can just stay at home and watch whatever the hell they want for free.
>>
>get a vpn
>unlimited entertainment options
>inb4 paranoid

I like having a vpn, fuck off /g
>>
>>85713022
how is reuters jewish?
>>
>>85713852
It just is. it is owned by jewish interests. I thought that was accepted on /pol/
>>
File: 1489995366351.jpg (64KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489995366351.jpg
64KB, 1080x1080px
>>85706752
Its the same as oil prices
Some scientists working 4 Shell etc say the ceiling has been hit so prices sky rocket even though they are sitting on enough to last a 100 years
>>
>>85707919
>>85703542
Using your logic I guess it's okay to counterfeit currency?
>>
>>85703010
streaming and torrenting video is fast and cheap and convenient, much more so than any other way to get your fix
>>85703370
here's a comparison that'll hopefully make it make sense: when Vanilla Ice made "Ice Ice Baby" and used a slightly modified backing beat taken from Queen's "Under Pressure", and sold it as a new song with no credit given, was that stealing?
>>
>>85707253
yeah but if you couldn't pirate stuff, would you still have not bought it?
>>
File: but why.gif (2MB, 581x327px) Image search: [Google]
but why.gif
2MB, 581x327px
>>85704205
>hating on Netflix
>>
Probably because they like their homes and their televisions more than theaters.
>>
>>85710049
>you're only supposed to buy movies that you really like, and plan on re-watching?

recording films that were shown on TV to VHS was a big thing in the '80s and '90s, and people rewatched movies a hell of a lot more back then given that they couldn't just go and download a new one in half an hour.
>>
>>85713783
I like how vpns got popularized just as the MPAA gave up trying to fight piracy with currently existing laws.
>>
>Stop making good movies and television
>People stop watching them

whoa bro
>>
>>85714775
I thought the majority of movie income hasn't been from theaters since at least the 90s
>>
>>85714713
kys idiot
>>
File: studio executive.jpg (90KB, 800x527px) Image search: [Google]
studio executive.jpg
90KB, 800x527px
>>85703496
Get a real job, pal
>>
>>85715069

>I thought the majority of movie income hasn't been from theaters since at least the 90s

Where the hell do you think it comes from ? DVD sales ?
>>
>>85703010
I would really like it it if hollywood made made more movies and spent less money on them. Obviously they don't know what anyone likes but they still insist on sinking loads of money into these big hitters. Since this big hitters need to make big profit they have to play it safe to grab as many people as possible.

It would be nice if a movie wasn't such a big deal. If it was something that could play around and take risks. Whether it succeeded or flopped there would always be a bunch more.

I don't think people realise it but they can live with less then a thousand digital effects and three big stars a pop. They can would be happy with one big star and two sense with any kind of cool effect.
And if they don't think they can the previews can always lie to them.

But cheap movie once a week for a cheap ticket sounds great. If going to a movie can be something like going out to eat with a few friends millennials would be all over that. It needs to be accessible.
>>
>>85703010
The films are bad and the tickets are too expensive.
>>
>Boy, I can't wait to see [prequel/sequel/threequel/remake/reboot]!
>Oh, ANOTHER Spider-Man reboot? Yay!
>ANOTHER Star Wars that is repackaging the OT? YAY!
>>
>check the site of the cinema theater from my shit town
>Cars 3
>Spider-man
>Despicable Me 3
>Transformers
Here is the "millennial problem".
P.S.: They aren't the problem.
>>
>>85703010
Blow money on gizmos and fastfood instead.
>>
File: 1365613936071.gif (1008KB, 275x289px) Image search: [Google]
1365613936071.gif
1008KB, 275x289px
>>85703010
Greedy jews killed it, not millennials.
Nobody wants to spend time on garbage filled with propaganda and infinite amounts of ad's anymore, especially when you have alternatives.
>>
>>85717663
You'd hell be sure I'd watch a 90-minute Coca Cola advert.
>>
Radio used to be the main source of entertainment.
>>
>>85707253
I would never have bought that Ferrari if I didn't steal it. So it's not stealing really mirite?
>>
>>85709110
You didn't produce the movie or game you are pirating though, dumbass. False equivalency.
>>
>>85703496
If all these neckbeards created something pirateable and hoards of nerds started pirating it, you know they'd be pissed.
They lack the ability of empathy
>>
>They aren't watching our products anymore.
>I know what to do, lets listen to that sjw crowd, they are very vocal and passionate crowd, I'm sure they will be a safe audience.
>Lets bring back the old classics, then. That works everytime.
>¡what do you mean they didn't like the back to the future remake with a female black doctor and a gay marty mcfly, its YEAR.!
>¡What do you mean the sjw didn't watched neither because there are not enough non binary disabled trans muslims characters.
>This is clearly Drumpf's fault
>>
>>85706634
>he thinks anyone is bragging about being a millenial
Lmao
>>
>>85717335
I thought VHS made them more money than theater proceeds, and DVDs did briefly
I mean theaters have been in decline since before you could reasonably download movies
>>
>>85717966

>I would never have bought that Ferrari if I didn't steal it. So it's not stealing really mirite?

You are not stealing anything when you are watching pirated content, nothing is removed from someones possession.

And of course the average person would not be able to afford buying everything they can and do make copies of for free. Of course it's not as if the money people don't spend on things they can copy just disappear, instead they use it for physical goods and services they can't copy, which in turn are likely to stimulate the job economy ten times more than putting it in the pockets of greedy jews who charge you crazy prices for the priviledge of streaming 1 1/2 hour of video.

Piracy is the perfect equalizer against the media cartels, give me decent pricing and great convenience and I will pay, closest thing today is Netflix.
>>
File: image__11439_.jpg (164KB, 927x873px)
image__11439_.jpg
164KB, 927x873px
If it allllllllllllllllllllll wasn't pandering bullshit then I'd toss 'em a few more bucks.
>these things aren't for US anymore, brothers and sisters.
>>
>>85703010
Why? Because they know it's all shit. Because they have better things to do than go see some bad film for money that could be spent on a cup of Ben & Jerry's; probably better things than most people on this board. Because on some subliminal level, they know it's objectively more worthwhile to pirate everything instead of wait for a specific date or subscribe to a network that might not have anything they want more. And because >>85708511 has been true for decades now, when literal children have been having the Batman vs Superman debates before this board came to be.

Congratulations, /tv/! Despite what you like to think, deep down everyone really is as jaded and cynical about the media as you!
>>
>>85703010
why would i spend money to watch capeshit #1415253, bastardized remake#4325241, propaganda movie #3124311 or some garbage original movie that's not worth the storage that's wasted on it?
i only go to the cinema once or maybe twice a year, sometimes not even that
>>
>>85717441
The problem, as I see it, is that every producer and executive wants that get-rich-quick formula that can guarantee a box office smash for minimal creativity.

Remember when a whole bunch of capeshit after The Dark Knight were dark and brooding? Remember how nowadays, everyone's trying to make a cinematic universe with varying amounts of quips in it? Also consider the Ghostbusters reboot was lambasted by normies, whereas Hollywood's little echo chamber of a bubble keeps making out the whole SJW thing to be more of a big deal than it actually is. Ironically they're just like us: A bunch of bitter, histrionic whiners with very specific opinions, the only difference being they're better at pretending theirs matter to the rest of the world.

>>85717579 is right. The problem isn't millennials, Hollywood is just reaping what it sows.
>>
>>85703010
i can either choose to play a video game that i can enjoy for hours on end or i can waste money on a ~2 hour movie that i'll probably completely forget about after a week or two
>>
>>85706634

I never thought I'd see the day where someone was telling people they weren't old enough to be Millenials. I feel old and also you are a huge faggot.
>>
>>85720508
I mean when you think about it /tv/ is just as obsessed with privilege and >muh social authority as tumblr, reddit etc. It's just that it defaults to thinking precedence matters instead of oppression or upvotes or whatever.
>>
>>85717663
god damn it, she used to be so cute
>>
>>85703932
she was top tier cute before the hair cute some years ago

no idea how she looks these days tho
>>
>>85719725
for the most part I'd say they don't care either way, they'd just rather watch YouTube and stream Game of Thrones, be it from HBO's thing or Netflix or some shady site that's probably still hosting Bonzi Buddy
>>
>>85703010
>Netflix = 12 dollars, endless entertainment
>One movie = Like fifteen dollars per, 2 hours of entertainment
The prices for the entertainment industry don't line up at all anymore. Don't even get me started on paying 25 dollars for a bluray that I could rent from redbox for like a dollar
>>
File: 1501476170702.gif (1MB, 247x161px) Image search: [Google]
1501476170702.gif
1MB, 247x161px
>>85710049
>You do realize that you're only supposed
Stop it there, Reddit.

1.) There weren't alternatives like streaming services, so buying VHS was not weird or against any "rules"

2.) If you were smart you rented and used a little bit of electric tape

3.) they weren't 40 dollars a fucking pop

4.) suck this dick, little faggot
>>
>millennials are killing x industry
>raise minimum wage so you can afford to buy things? are you crazy?
>>
>>85703010
Why aren't millenials buying my new book, "Why Aren't Millenials Buying My New Book?"
>>
File: fukken saved.jpg (8KB, 240x225px)
fukken saved.jpg
8KB, 240x225px
>>85723391
>>
>>85703010
>Why don't millennials watch TV or support the film industry anymore?
Because I'd rather have let's plays running in the background while I browse /tv/ instead of a tee vee show.
>>
File: imgpsh_fullsize 7.jpg (69KB, 668x571px) Image search: [Google]
imgpsh_fullsize 7.jpg
69KB, 668x571px
>>85703010

>falling for the cable jew
>paying 15+ dolars for an almost guaranteed horrible experience
>can stay home and watch it in 1080p for free a month later
>>
>>85722642
hi thanks for posting

but do you really need to do this

after every sentence

it's annoying and stretches the page

thanks
>>
>>85703010
Based Soe poster making constructive threads on every board.
>>
>>85723391
the answer may shock you
>>
I hate dealing with loud obnoxious people in theaters. The only time I ever go to the movies is Saturday matinee since there's hardly anyone.

Netflix and streaming has changed my outlook. Why the fuck should I pay 12-15 bucks to be crammed in a room full of other people when I can easily DL the movie for my projector at home? I'd rather watch in the comfort of my apartment or one of my friend's places.
>>
>>85718022
>what are memes?
>>
File: giv.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
giv.png
45KB, 778x512px
>>85703010
giv soe gf
>>
>>85725347
>it's annoying

Why would

you ever

let me know

that?
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 370x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 370x398px
A wild cute appears
>>
File: 345764537676.jpg (21KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
345764537676.jpg
21KB, 450x320px
>>85725347
>stretches the page
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 311x472px)
image.jpg
36KB, 311x472px
>>85725730
Hiya anon! :3
>>
>everything is milennials fault

cant wait for all the boomers to die t b h
>>
>>85725347
>it's annoying and stretches the page
What kind of obsolete setup is hindered by 5 vertical characters?
>>
>>85725992
Born in 1989 here. I hate how we're being blamed for everything. I admit that my generation is a bit too self-absorbed thanks to the advent of high-speed Internet, WiFi, social networking and smartphones but it's not like boomers and X'ers are any better. We inherited the mistakes they made and now we have to pay for it.
>>
>>85703010
You'd better not start posting this ugly dyke on here too, "why do millennials"-anon
>>
>>85725950
SHE'S SO KAWAII~~
>>
>be 21
>havent seen a tv since i moved out of my parents house
>torrent anything i want
>use my girlfriends netflix
>go to theaters few times a year when my friend is in town
cant go alone because no singles policy desu
>use adblock/ublock so almost never see ads
>dont even know when new movies are coming out unless its a franchise or adaptation of a book im invested in
feels fucking great
>>
File: MikeStoklasa.png (25KB, 100x140px) Image search: [Google]
MikeStoklasa.png
25KB, 100x140px
>>85709110
are.. are you serious? you bought the fucking bread.
>>
File: africaaddioth2.jpg (77KB, 580x455px) Image search: [Google]
africaaddioth2.jpg
77KB, 580x455px
Why don't Millennials like to learn about other races?
>>
>>85725992
This. They drained this country for everything it had going for it. Because of their decisions, retirement is practically impossible. A degree/trade will be useless in a couple years. AI will take over in 2030 and the banks will continue to drain the working class.
>>
File: angry_merchant.jpg (174KB, 600x737px) Image search: [Google]
angry_merchant.jpg
174KB, 600x737px
I love the fact that all the kike media producers aren't making a fucking dime because I pirate everything and use adblocking software. Deal with it, shlomo. I especially can't wait until print media and cable TV goes the way of the dinosaur and collapses on itself.
>>
>>85717899
How the fuck is radio still even around?
>>
>>85728386
many people can't afford bluetooth radios or aux-available radios. it's still used a lot by used cars. most of it is podcasting or robot-related nowadays anyways
>>
>>85725992
Every generation since the end of WW2 has been taking everything they get and pushing their debt onto the next generation. And the millennial generation is the one where we finally realized the whole thing is a fucking pyramid scheme and that the buck is going to stop with us, and that we're fucked.

Personally, I'm predicting some sort of economic shitshow within the next 20-30 years. The whole system is just unsustainable.
>>
Aren't millenials like 40 now
>>
>>85725992
We should drain their ss, pensions, and any saving, then throw them into the ocean once we're in power desu
>>
File: thinkinghard.png (5KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
thinkinghard.png
5KB, 112x112px
>>85728453
Now how do we fix it? There has to be a way we can fix it.
>>
>>85728386
Radio is still great for just tuning into whatever on your car without having to bother with music or streaming off your phone. It's a matter of convenience, and doesn't cost a subscription like cable TV.

I don't have cable TV, but I still have an antenna so I can still pick up the major channels like NBC, ABC, and CBS when I want to watch something on them. It's still free, and people seem to forget this.
>>
>>85728518
Take the final step
>>
>>85728553
And that final step is... suicide?
>>
>>85728518
The only way to peacefully fix it would be to end all the entitlement programs like social security, medicare, etc. Entitlements like these make up >2/3rds of the government's spending. The problem is this will NEVER HAPPEN because the people who benefit from these entitlements make up far too much of the population, and they'll never vote to give it up. It's complete and utter suicide for any politician to even THINK about taking away these entitlements, because they'd get voted out immediately and other politicians would immediately vote to reinstate them.

I'm mad about it, but on an individual level I don't blame the boomers. They've been told their whole lives that they're "paying into" this system, and that they deserve the benefits in return. I get that. But at some point, the buck has to stop.
>>
File: 1495656174488.jpg (32KB, 550x716px)
1495656174488.jpg
32KB, 550x716px
>>85703010
>give shitty non-interactive content #238344765, in shitty format, for higher price than ever before
>it must be someone else's fault
>>
GEE I WONDER WHY PEOPLE AREN'T PAYING TO SEE THE 16TH MARVEL MOVIE OR BETTER YET, WITH ORIGINAL IPS WE GET GOLD LIKE THE EMOJI MOVIE!!! who wouldn't want to pay money for that??? Fucking millenials!
>>
That's because they only produce nostalgiabait remakes and reboots to bank on the dying past generations.
>>
>>85728677
I get that, but can we do anything besides shitpost on this website? Riots do nothing and time is making everything worse.

>I'm mad about it, but on an individual level I don't blame the boomers.
We are all greedy in the end tbqh. There are limits to this, though.
>>
>>85703010
Isn't cable like $100/mo nowadays? Also, Netflix and Hulu are essentially better cable.
>>
>>85703010
Because they're drowning us in remakes and reboots and derivative shit. They can go fuck themselves with a pickaxe, Imma go play videa gayms.
>>
>>85728868
What can you do? Well, you could get into the whole Prepper thing. Or you could just make sure to have at least some money out of fiat and into cryptos or precious metals or land instead.

I honestly see ourselves in a similar predicament to Weimar Germany, in the lead-up to the Third Reich. Everyone was poor as shit, widespread degeneracy, economy collapsing, etc. We're not quite at that point (well, we are when it comes to the social stuff. Seriously, look up the fucked up stuff that was happening in Weimar) but we're heading in that direction.

The coup de grace will be when all the Tech Industry faggots like Zuckerberg get their way with automation and pretty much everyone is put out of a job. When that happens, we'll be living in a neo-feudal society where we're all just serfs working for mega-corps. Hell, google is even heading in this direction with what it's doing with employee housing in san fran right now.
>>
I want to see the world the boomers created collapsed and burning. Fuck them.
>>
>>85729363
The sad part is that it won't collapse until they're all mostly dead and/or senile, and so they won't care about the consequences.

They either consciously or subconsciously knew damn well that the policies they were enacting were going to fuck over future generations. But they enacted their shit anyway, because it meant easy money and good times for them.
>>
>>85714370
That fucking cat always cracks me up
>>85714713
Kill yourself normie
>>
>>85729481
they're all already senile. mcdonald's and concrete dust fucked their heads up so much
>>
>>85703010
>pic of this dumb chick
>Why don't millennials X?
>367 replies and 132 images omitted

Every time, why do you keep falling for this?
>>
>>85703010

>Reduce the worldwide population of good goy white wage cucks

>Wonder why it's all gone wrong

Aren't Jews supposed to be smart?
>>
>>85729645
More like
>'millenials'
>340 replies
The fucking obsession with the word is disgusting, like who the fuck cares, nobody in Gen x were like, 'yeahh i'm such a Genexer' when we were growing up.
>>
>>85729852
Isn't it something do with how no one considers themselves a millennial and the things that are being attributed to generation Y are actually coming from generation Z?
>>
>>85729852
None of us ever decided to self-identify as millennials. Instead, what happened was "the powers that be" started pushing this "millennials are responsible for XYZ" bullshit because we're not being good little goyim who have tons of excess cash to spend on frivolous bullshit.

We've been totally fucked over during our prime years, and then they fucking wonder out loud why we don't pay for cable or go to the movie theaters as much or don't have good jobs or can't buy a house.
>>
The problem is that anyone under the age of 27 is a fucking retard that can't stop looking at their phone for more than 3 fucking seconds.

I know people who DON'T go to the movies because they can't check their phones in the theater. And when they're watching movies or tv shows on Netflix, they check their phones constantly and miss most of what's on the screen.
>>
>>85730489
Which confuses me. They said they got paid like 20 cents an hour back in the day. How the fuck did they go from that to a new job with 10 times the pay in a snap? Is it because background checks did not exist?
>>
Trying to scrounge up enough money to pay ridiculous rent prices plus food plus tuition plus expenses doesn't leave a whole lot of money for an $18 movie ticket.
>>
>>85703319
You're doing God's work.
>>
>>85730590
>The problem is that anyone under the age of 27 is a fucking retard that can't stop looking at their phone for more than 3 fucking seconds.
They also are creating 10 times the amount of content, art, etc that past generations and are entrepreneurs who are getting rich very young with innovative ideas.

The phone argument is so silly, like you could be literally talking to an Australian friend or something, it's fucking miraculous and it's ok that the first kids that get it are using it all the time.
>>
>>85717966
It's not stealing if you can replicate it yourself.
>>
>>85730489
>None of us ever decided to self-identify as millennials.

You're not supposed to "self-identify" as your own generation.

The rest of your post stands, though.
>>
File: REALLY makes u think.jpg (145KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
REALLY makes u think.jpg
145KB, 768x1024px
>>85730590
makes u think
>>
>>85730590
>I know people who DON'T go to the movies because they can't check their phones in the theater. And when they're watching movies or tv shows on Netflix, they check their phones constantly and miss most of what's on the screen.

This is why I stopped being able to watch movies with friends starting in college circa 2009. Everyone's heads were buried in their smartphones,and then they'd ask questions and say how confused they are about what's happening. We couldn't watch anything besides mouthbreathing Judd Apatow "comedy" movies because of this.
>>
>>85731016
>You're not supposed to "self-identify" as your own generation.
I know, that's my point. The post I was responding to implied we did, by saying:
>like who the fuck cares, nobody in Gen x were like, 'yeahh i'm such a Genexer' when we were growing up.
>>
>>85703010

Gee, take a guess why some people don't want to pay $150/month for a premium cable package to watch 3 shows they enjoy with 15 minutes of ads per episode.
>>
>>85730808
>They also are creating 10 times the amount of content, art, etc
Like what? Meme shit?

>are entrepreneurs who are getting rich very young with innovative ideas.
They're making stupid app shit.

>The phone argument is so silly, like you could be literally talking to an Australian friend or something, it's fucking miraculous and it's ok that the first kids that get it are using it all the time.
I'm not against smartphones, but it's fucking pathetic how millenials are glued to their screens 24/7. I know a girl who LOVES Pretty Little Liars, she talks about it all the time. Then I was at her place and saw how she "watched" the episodes: she was on her phone for 90% of the show.
>>
>>85731018
My grandma uses her smartphone when she has nothing to do. But every night she watches movies and tv shows on Netflix without her phone. That's the difference.
>>
I still have no idea what a millenial is, but whoever uses it always sounds like an old right wing dumbass so I don't really care.
>>
>>85731215
It's boomer speak for the generation they fucked over
>>
here, lemme spell it out for you

our choices are (a)
>pay $10-18 to watch a movie, once, on some business' schedule in the presence of loud, inconsiderate people
>pay $150 per month to watch 2 channels amid 200 channels I don't care about, and be forced to sit through commercials and shitty connection

or (b)
>pay a third party to bully the shit out of Hollywood into offering us the ability to watch thousands of movies and TV shows, commercial free, on our own schedules
>download that shit for free fuck you

hmmmmm which one will we pick
>>
>>85731215
It's not a right vs left wing thing. Boomerism transcends the political spectrum. Left-wing boomers are just as cancerous as right-wing boomers.
>>
>>85730489
>Instead, what happened was "the powers that be" started pushing this "millennials are responsible for XYZ" bullshit

Do you have that picture that is a collage of over 100 news article headlines blaming Millennials for absolutely everything? Saw it posted her yesterday but didn't save.

Boomers are dead set on making sure their dying years are spent blaming all the problems they caused on everyone else.
>>
>>85731185
nice (((source))). my parents and grandparents go through their phones when a movie is on. fuck off with your excuses
>>
>>85731141
You sound like a resented dad. You know that's not true.

That girl sounds really annoying tho, but that only like 10% of millenials, i don't know anybody who does that shit.
>>
>>85730595

Better job market back then, you also didn't have automation murdering tens of thousands of jobs a month.

Also their life costs we much lower. My grandfather went to the local university here in my city in Canada (London, British settlers made a knockoff) and paid his entire tuition by working a part time job during the summer months between school semesters.

That same tuition now at that same university would cost me around $45,000. Let me know where I can work 20 hours a week for 2 months a year and pay for that.
>>
>>85731507
I don't have such a collage saved, but I know precisely what you're talking about.
>>
>>85731608
>You sound like a resented dad. You know that's not true.
I'm not a dad, and there's no resentment, I'm just calling it as I see it.

> but that only like 10% of millenials, i don't know anybody who does that shit.
I 100% don't believe you. If you know any 20 somethings invite them over to watch a movie and watch how frequently their faces are glued to their phones while the movie is on.
>>
>>85731558
>my parents and grandparents go through their phones when a movie is on.
"herr der to counter your argument I'll say the exact opposite no matter how fucking insane it sounds".
>>
>>85731634
>My grandfather went to the local university here in my city in Canada (London, British settlers made a knockoff) and paid his entire tuition by working a part time job during the summer months between school semesters.
And people say we're too picky. We can't even afford an apartment.
>>
>>85703496
This is wrong. You can't get income if they go around your distribution method. The act of paying for it gives income.

If you can't protect the distribution of your material by yourself there is no reason on earth that everyone should be taxed to make up for your failure.

The Justice system should not prosecute for the entertainment unless it done in civil court with the industry putting up all the money.
>>
Millennials are jerks.
>>
>>85731735
>I 100% don't believe you. If you know any 20 somethings invite them over to watch a movie and watch how frequently their faces are glued to their phones while the movie is on.

Going to have to agree with this in my own experience. I stopped watching movies with friends and family because it felt like I was the only one watching the movie.

They'd miss constant plot shit then afterwards say the movie sucked because it made no sense.
>>
>>85731787
Yes, this is what you did. If all old people are the same to you, then all of /tv/ loves BvS.
>>
>>85731973
>If all old people are the same to you,
You're anecdotal shit is in the extreme minority. Most old people barely know how to use their smartphone (if they have one), and rarely are they using them to watch their "nightly stories" (a ritual they've been doing for like 50 years).
>>
>>85703010

movies are obsolete

internet + kodi on android box

who wants to spend $20 to watch movies with loud idiots
>>
>>85703010
>2016

go shitpost on reddit fag
>>
>>85732100
I guess my managers and boss who are 70+ don't count as well.

Admit it, phones are addictive no matter what age you are. It's a drug.
>>
>>85703010

I love physical ownership and have a gigantic bluray collection, that's the support I'll give Hollywood.

Fuck $140 cable packages with 40% of the broadcast being commercials and going to crowded, loud theaters.
>>
File: 1452416604908.jpg (33KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1452416604908.jpg
33KB, 320x240px
>>85731852
>Dunkirk was so boring, fuck you anon you said it was good.
>We should've watched Spider-Man Homecoming instead.
>>
>>85703816

Holy shit you're serious. I had to check because I didn't think the article would have the audacity to close like that.

>Americans and Canadians buy 1.3 billion tickets to the movies each year. That is ten times more than the number of tickets purchased to attend sports games to all four of the major sports—MLB (74 million), NBA (22 million), NHL, (22 million), and NFL (17 million)—combined. And that’s the stagnant domestic market.
>>
>>85732286
>I guess my managers and boss who are 70+ don't count as well.
You're hanging out with your 70+ year old managers and bosses watching movies at night? Da fuq? The only group of people that I've seen that spend more time on their phones than watching what's on the screen are under 30's.
>>
>>85732449
You can quit insulting and projecting and be open-minded about this. Some people can live without phones. Others can't. 4chan is a great example of addiction with anonymity and shitposting.
>>
>>85732286
>Admit it, phones are addictive no matter what age you are. It's a drug.

You'd think more people would know it's common courtesy not to use them when hanging out with other people. It's basically saying the phone is more interesting than they are, which is true more often than not but rude to point out.
>>
>>85719719
Nice to see another comrade in /tv/
>>
>>85732447
That's not a fair comparison.

Sports teams have half their games away, so taking baseball, football, hockey, and basketball that's 171 home games.
>The cheapest seats are more expensive than a movie ticket
>movie tickets are on sale almost 24 hours a day, a sporting event has set time that's once a day
>movie theaters are in numerous locations, sports arenas/stadiums are in one spot, thus more potential travel distance
>>
>>85703010

Gas Hollywood!
>>
>>85732542
>You can quit insulting and projecting and be open-minded about this.
I am being open minded. Most under 30's that I've seen LIVE with their faces glued to their screen whenever they can do it.
>>
>>85732612
>>85732447

It just bugs the shit out of me that people actually care about sportsball. Yes, let's watch one pack of niggers run around on a field versus another pack of niggers. I bet my niggers are better than yours!

It's fucking ridiculous bullshit. And if you think shitposting on the internet is a massive waste of time, just look at the middle-aged faggots who do nothing on sundays, mondays, tuesdays, etc just sitting there "watching the game"
>>
File: CYBERPUNKERS.jpg (338KB, 1455x771px) Image search: [Google]
CYBERPUNKERS.jpg
338KB, 1455x771px
>>85729235
>tfw tech companies are literally forcing employees to get subdermal ID chips
whats even worse is that most of those shmucks are happy about the (((convenience)))
>>
>>85728386

Radio is only used for when you are driving. Do you not listen to music? Or talk shows? Or anything to fill the air for whatever commute you have?
>>
>>85732733
The vast majority of people spend all of their energy at work and consequently prefer hobbies that are passive, such as e.g. watching sportsball or, yes, shitposting.

If you truly want to transcend both normies and neckbeards, get some active hobbies and force yourself to do them. The key is getting enough sleep at night, which is accomplished by avoiding piece of electronic equipment with a screen after 9pm.
>>
File: ancap ball 3.jpg (102KB, 563x750px) Image search: [Google]
ancap ball 3.jpg
102KB, 563x750px
>>85732855
b-b-but it's a private business so it's okay, goy!

>>85732949
I hear you. I'm still able to fit in my weightlifting despite working full time. And even that aside, shitposting about things is still much better than passively watching niggers run around with a ball. At least having an anonymous conversation actually stimulates brain activity.
>>
>>85728353
Convenient there's always an excuse along the way for you.
>>
>>85731634

I just watched The Founder and couldn't believe how cheap McDonalds cost back in the day, people could live like kings for 10 bucks, Boomers have had it easy their whole lives
>>
>>85732733

Supporting sports is less nigger tier than movies, at least you get outside and around a community
>>
>>85733733
>at least you get outside and around a community
lel, what planet are you from? Sports fans just sit in their lazyboy armchairs and stay glued there while watching back-to-back niggerball games on ESPN day in day out
>>
>>85730489
>We've been totally fucked over during our prime years

most of us are doing fine bruh.
>>
>>85703010
Is that Boxxy?
>>
>>85731634
>That same tuition now at that same university would cost me around $45,000. Let me know where I can work 20 hours a week for 2 months a year and pay for that.

OSAP? You also don't have to pay back a single cent until you make at least 35k a year post graduation. I have a feeling you're not attending post-secondary anyways.
>>
>>85733783

I'm referring to people who actually go watch the games not Joe Football and his six pack of beers armchair quarterbacking and beating the shit out of his wife when his team loses
>>
File: 1484517288555.png (12KB, 518x430px) Image search: [Google]
1484517288555.png
12KB, 518x430px
>blaming the generation of views rather than the generation of producers

eh
>>
File: Cute Boy.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Cute Boy.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>
File: hank.png (103KB, 311x300px) Image search: [Google]
hank.png
103KB, 311x300px
>>85703010
>watching programming for goyim
>>
>>85735393
>>85703010
Why do I always see people posting him when talking about millenials?
>>
File: literally.png (156KB, 750x285px) Image search: [Google]
literally.png
156KB, 750x285px
>>85709148
>>85728365
>>85729771
>>85731558
>>85732620
>>85732855
>>85735468

Why is /pol/ so paranoid about Jews? Is it pic related?
>>
>>85703010
Ty based millenials killing (((hollywood)))
>>
>>85703319
Did dvds destroy your vhs tapes or something lmaoo
>>
>>85703319

Blu Ray's will likely never become too obsolete. My collection is still growing. Love it. Stop going to megaplexes. There are a bunch of smaller theaters out there if you look.
>>
>>85703319
>stealing
>hollyjew propaganda

Most of the garbage isn't even worth watching if they pay you for it.
>>
>>85735554

Riddle me this?

Whites,Blacks & Muslims can't all be wrong about the Jews
>>
File: piracy.jpg (44KB, 1194x219px) Image search: [Google]
piracy.jpg
44KB, 1194x219px
pirates btfo, don't even try to argue with this
>>
>>85735973

8K and Redray is literally less than 4 years away, Google it
>>
>>85736088
Fuck Kante the hypocritical asshole.
>>
>>85736145

Right, but how long will it take for good movies to come out on that format? Longer than 4 years.
>>
File: ATLAST.jpg (80KB, 556x1445px) Image search: [Google]
ATLAST.jpg
80KB, 556x1445px
>piracy
>not theft
>I-I AM JUST MAKING A COPY BRO XDXD!
>>
>>85736145
8k makes no sense, even dcp projections are at 1080p, I can't think of a use case where it's more than a placebo. You sound like my dad swearing his (((4k))) tv looks so much better when watching a 1080p netflix stream from across the room lol
>>
>>85736251
>implying the owner wouldn't lose his shit over the fact that he can use magic

besides it would be a bike someone actually bought then began copying within their own home.
>>
>>85703319

iktf

>got huge collection of cassettes in the 90s
>suddenly mp3 format came
>throw all the cassettes away
>>
>>85736251
Not gaining money is not the same as losing money.
>>
>>85735973
>>85736145
Here's the thing though, I never felt like blue ray ever really caught on like it was "supposed to." Most places that sell blue rays still have as many dvd's available, maybe more. There's just too many people out there who are satisfied enough with dvd's as a product that they aren't going to switch to another medium unless they become completely unavailable. Besides, most of these people would probably switch to streaming instead of going over to blue ray.
>>
>>85736770

They're losing money because you're downloading instead of buying.
>>
>>85736815
You say "losing" as though every time I download, I am siphoning dosh from their coffers. Money is not "lost" because I have hacked into their bank accounts and funneled it to myself every time I download a movie without paying for it. Regardless of whether or not someone pays for a product, money is spent to create it. The difference is that were I to pay for it, I would be contributing to their revenue. Because I do not, there is no revenue, thus it is not losing because what you claim is lost was gone before I made my choice to abstain from purchasing.
>>
File: 1494015360957.gif (704KB, 382x450px) Image search: [Google]
1494015360957.gif
704KB, 382x450px
>>85703496
>movies are money
really gets the neurons firing
>>
>>85737155

That's how it works. You didn't physically steal, but digitally - yes.
>>
>>85703010
they are too busy only watching their shitty superhero mass produced movies
>>
>>85725433
he brings a smile to my smile no matter the board im lurking

thank you soe poster, never stop posting
>>
>>85703010
Video games are a bunch better investment of my money, and Hollywood is just pumping out "safe" movies that I don't find interesting. I haven't even seen the new star wars yet lol, literally zero interest.
>>
>>85736648
I had a collection of tapes accumulated from childhood to adulthood. Two decades of movies and recorded tv shows. X-files, B5, and mst3k. All gone.
>>
>>85737280
>You didn't physically steal, but digitally - yes.

Piracy isn't theft, it's copyright infringement.
The fact that anti-piracy people don't even understand what laws are being broken is why it's had such a hard time enforcing the laws despite being clearly illegal.
That an the average person understands fuck all of copyright infringement thanks to the Mouse. Their own shitty lobbying tied themselves up.
>>
>>85735902
And killed his dog.
>>
>>85703010
There are nudes of soe. Anyone got them?
>>
File: 14334343434.jpg (86KB, 650x653px) Image search: [Google]
14334343434.jpg
86KB, 650x653px
>>
>>85703010

Good fuck them.

Overpriced ad under inspired.

No I don't want to watch the 5th reboot of some 70 or 80s successful film or another sequel of such.

Start trying Hollywood or die, we don't give a fuck.
>>
>>85731185
my mother uses her phone all the time, even when watching movies
>>
why would you even need a tv when everything you'd ever want to watch is available on the internet ad free
>>
>>85703319
>ethnics

Stopped reading right there. White people were a mistake...

...that will soon be solved.
>>
>>85703010

Guess even millenials are tired of the constant sjw/minority pandering.
>>
>>85729771
Good at short term thinking=/=good at long term strategic decisions. Currently they are going on the assumption that less white people=less chance of holocaust 2.0: real edition happening, but aren't truly thinking of the larger threat of Islam that has repeatedly stated they WILL genocide them if they ever get the chance. Cue western civilisation breaking up into the three factions in the next decade or two.
>>
>>85735973
>ozymandias i-is still relevant bro
You have learned nothing in your fleeting period of existence.
>>
>>85703319
>I also used to be able to watch movies in quiet little theaters.

This is the biggest reason i stopped going to cinemas. Small 1-2 theater cinemas with $2 dollar one size (large) popcorn date nights were the best memories of my teens and 20s. Drive ins too.
>>
>>85741579

> mfw googling sheever
>>
>>85725992
they/we have internalized it
we won't be able to escape it until most millennials are dead, and maybe not even then
>>
>>85741781
How do we stop all this from happening? ;_;
>>
>>85741097
White people are the reason we're not living in huts. Put some respect on white people when you say it
>>
>>85742118

Improve your mind to improve your body.
Improve your body to improve your surroundings.
Improve your surroundings to improve your nation.
Improve your nation to improve the world.
Improve the world by gassing the fucking kikes
>>
>>85728550
I use spotify/tidal, then download my playlists to offline
Then I plug my phone into the aux and bump my shit
>>
>>85703319
jokes on you, geriatric fuck.
>>
>>85703010
It's not enough you spam this on /pol/ but why are you here? Reeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>85736251
>filthy rich jews are the same as some independent bike shop owner trying to feed his family
Go fuck yourself. I'll buy a movie ticket when the kikes stop buying yachts and bathing in champagne
>>
File: 0HKteiE.jpg (135KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
0HKteiE.jpg
135KB, 1024x731px
>>85703010

Because people wont spend money on overpriced tickets for shitty b-rated hack movies that arent worth watching.

Want to make money, make actually good movies that get people interested.

Hollywood is just turning their wheels without going anywhere and the rich elderly executives who are too proud to get the fuck out of their cushy jobs and let in new blood but dont have the faintest idea what actually appeals to younger people are fucking up. They fill their offices with orbiters and yes-men/women none of whom have any actual talent because that would upset the status quo and hey "weve been doing business a certain way for 50 years! Why should we change?! its the millenials, THEYRE THE PROBLEM! If we could only change how those upstarts think, im sure they will shill out 20 bucks for 90 minutes of mediocre entertainment, garbage tier food, sugar syrup water that they have to get dressed up and go out to experience."

When Hollywood becomes competitive with modern alternatives, netflix, videogames, VR, people will start paying for it again.

Why do you think Sonys only profitable department is video games? Its competitive with the modern markets because of competition and providing a good service that people desire. Whereas their movies are shit, overpriced and a chore rather than a joy.
>>
>>85742369
>shitty b-rated hack movies that arent worth watching.

Insult to real b movies from hacks 2bh famiglia
>>
>>85730489
>None of us ever decided to self-identify as millennials.
I bet baby boomers decided to self-identify as such, just like gen-x'ers, right?
Ironically, being so whiny and triggered about everything is one of the characteristics of millenials.
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.