[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Marvel Studios can't make a Punisher movie like the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: the-punisher.jpg (213KB, 994x649px) Image search: [Google]
the-punisher.jpg
213KB, 994x649px
>>
>>85702399
they'll never surpass Warzone, the ultimate Punisher kino
>>
he was the best part of daredevil on netflix, and he's got his own show later this year.

why would they want to make a shitty nolan flick for you to meme?
>>
>>85702432
a film about the human trafficking ring series would be good
>>
File: 3859108-l.jpg (161KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
3859108-l.jpg
161KB, 1024x1280px
>>85702432
The best Punisher movie starred Dolph Lundgren.
>>
>>85702399
Current Marvel would probably prefer he not exist given that he's maybe the least leftist-friendly character in their lineup.

Let me tell you a secret about Punisher, one I had to find out from a marketing executive: he's actually one of the best-selling comic characters in history. His merchandise outsells Batman, Superman and Spider-Man by at least a 3:1 ratio. Apparently this is like some kind of huge embarrassment to Marvel, especially as their staff have gotten ever more radical leftist progressive, because the character is effectively a conservative wet dream but they're quietly making far too much money from him to change the tone of the comic drastically or pull his merchandising.
>>
>>85702399
They're making a daredevil like show about him on Netflix though
>>
File: Punisher-89.jpg (36KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
Punisher-89.jpg
36KB, 500x694px
>>85702834
Yes.
>>
Sorry, kid. Marvel doesn't do edgy.

>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but logan!
A box office failure.
>>
File: daredevil-the-punisher.jpg (318KB, 1206x717px) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-the-punisher.jpg
318KB, 1206x717px
>>85703107
>Current Marvel would probably prefer he not exist
>>
>>85703107
>His merchandise outsells Batman, Superman and Spider-Man

Here is your (you) poltard
>>
>>85703338
someone post the prison fight
>>
>>85703312
>>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but logan!
>A box office failure.
The fuck? No it wasn't. And that was Fox anyway.
>>
>>85703338
Talking about the comics. Also this isn't a good example seeing as he was effectively the villain in Daredevil. You could tell they'd tried to make him as unsympathetic as possible.

Only reason he's getting his own series is money.
>>
>>85702465
>he's got his own show later this year.
Really? I thought he was just showing up in the defenders.
But if anyone wants a good punisher movie just watch the deathwish movies and pretend Bronson is playing an old frank castle.
>>
>>85703107
>>85703379
Different guy here. I don't know worldwide sales figures or revenue, but tons of stuff has the punisher logo on it. If you counted, you'd probably see more of his logo on a daily basis than anyone else's.
>>
>>85703379
>He said something I don't agree with he must be from /pol/

Fuck off back to Lebbit or /co/ anytime. Sorry if you don't like it but it is apparently true. Just look up the aftermarket prices for Punisher toys if you don't believe me, there's six-inch action figures trading hands on Ebay for up to $500 a piece.
>>
>>85703437
>also this isn't a good example seeing as he was effectively the villain in Daredevil

are you actually autistic?
>>
>>85703380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zsVn_vZ9zE
>>
>>85703682
thanks, bro
>>
File: a-meme-shane-2.jpg (20KB, 480x471px) Image search: [Google]
a-meme-shane-2.jpg
20KB, 480x471px
MASK
>>
>>85702432

War Zone was a shit movie with a great Frank. Stevenson was wasted on it.
>>
>>85703437
>villain in daredevil
>unsympathetic
Did you not see the graveyard scene and all the other scenes with him mentioning his war past and family memories.
>>
>>85703437
>they'd tried to make him as unsympathetic as possible.
What? Did you miss how much time they spent of finding out his origin? Establishing that he's a war hero, that his family was murdered in front of him, that its all a setup and he's seeking revenge?
They did a pretty good job of making a derranged mass shooter a pretty relatable guy. I think thats why its almost unanimously agreed that the punnisher was the best part of daredevil season 2.
>>
>>85703805
it was identical to the comic book. a flawless adaptation.
>>
Isn't there a Punisher show in planning?
>>
>>85702399
You cant make a rated PG punisher movie, and disney isn't exactly known for ultra-violence.
>>
>>85703437
>Also this isn't a good example seeing as he was effectively the villain in Daredevil. You could tell they'd tried to make him as unsympathetic as possible.
wut
did you watch the same show? They went out of their way to make him sympathetic, including adding brain damage.
>>
>>85703338
I hate Jon Bernthal's stupid fucking face so much. Can't even enjoy this shit because of him.
>>
>>85704006
>brain damage

I'm still mad. They spent the whole season making it extremely clear that F

>"Okay guys, how about we spend the whole season making it extremely clear that Frank isn't suffering from PTSD. We want to transparently speak directly to the audience about how we feel that would cheapen both his character and the very real struggle of those who suffer from the disorder--"
>"--so that we can have a doctor come in and explain to the audience how murders people because he has a fictional SUPER-PTSD! Nobody'll get offended because we made the condition up!"

What the fuck has to be going on in your writer's room for that to happen.
>>
File: 1492011864093.png (304KB, 540x389px) Image search: [Google]
1492011864093.png
304KB, 540x389px
>Writer and director Joss Whedon has been critical of the character, referring to the Punisher as "a coward" in an issue of Wizard,[75] and stating in an interview with Jeff Jensen of Entertainment Weekly,

>"One of the things I like about the X-Men is they're not killing people. I miss the idea of... heroes who stop that kind of thing from happening. Here's why I'm not running Marvel: If I was, I would kill the Punisher. I don't believe in what he does. The Punisher just shoots up places. And if you're telling me he's never hit an innocent, then I'm telling you, that's fascist crap".[76]
>>
>>85703876
Yes, it's going to be connected with the other Marvel Netflix series. So it won't be a part of the MCU but considering the Marvel Netflix shows are a lot darker than the MCU this could be a very good thing.
>>
People who want a Punisher film or pretend like he's the coolest ever, don't know anything about him other than he shoots people.
>>
File: IMG_9809.jpg (433KB, 975x1444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9809.jpg
433KB, 975x1444px
>>85704342
He is the coolest though.
>>
nigga what part of being owned by Disney don't you understand
>>
what if they made a film where it was the early 80s cocaine-years Punisher written by a genuine cokehead? it would basically be Crank but he'd be fighting Nicaraguans, right?
>>
>>85704006
None of that makes him sympathetic though. The opposite, in fact - it delegitimises his character by portraying him as insane.

One of the best aspects of the old 80's comics is that he's presented as being completely rational and calculating to a fault as opposed to trying to justify his actions via reduced culpability. It just was what it was.

>>85704253
Just when I think I can't despise this hack any further...
>>
>>85704560
Just a prank, bruh! Comicsbro, why did he do it?
>>
>>85703682
the only kino in the marvel shitflix
>>
File: IMG_0069.jpg (58KB, 464x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0069.jpg
58KB, 464x320px
>>85705258
In that issue? To create a diversion so he could sneak someone out of the hotel IIRC. The guy he gave the ol' spicy earhole was part of a local drug ring.
>>
All three, Dolph Lundgren, Thomas Jane, and Ray Stevenson, were great Punisher movies.
>>
A Punisher movie filled with plot holes and poor directing?
>>
File: wXWC0[1].jpg (300KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wXWC0[1].jpg
300KB, 1920x1080px
>>85703682
>blood forms a skull on his clothes
didn't even notice that the first time
>>
>>85702399
Paul Kearsey is the only punisher kino I need.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.