[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw this before watching BvS, then I saw the movie, then I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 376
Thread images: 44

File: Screenshot_20170731-095028.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170731-095028.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I saw this before watching BvS, then I saw the movie, then I saw the extended edition. Months later, I'm working through Half in the Bag in order and re-watched the BvS review and I'm stumped. Their complaints are so vapid, smug, and self-satisfied that it comes across as a satire of YouTube movie reviewers rather than a genuine review.

>"They were worried this movie would be too smart for audiences. After seeing it, that was such a fucking joke."

Was it, Jay? Because it seems like it was too smart for you. I don't mean that in some condescending way, either, because BvS isn't some exalted art house film, but like, take their complaints about the kryptonite spear. "Why make a spear instead of bullets or brass knuckles?" Hey, maybe instead of watching the movie fixated on finding joke material, think about what you're seeing. Snyder very explicitly puts things in the film to create echoes from mythology that reverberate through the main characters. It's a spear because Christ wasn't stabbed in the ribs with brass knuckles, you fucking hacks. Honestly. "Why did she throw it in the water?" Why does the Lady of the Lake emerge from the water to present Arthur with Excalibur?

They watch movies. They're not dumb. This stuff shouldn't have flown over their heads, so I'm left in awe at how proud they seem to be of not understanding something this on the nose. In past reviews, they talk about decisions akin to making it a spear and justified it saying "it might not be realistic, but then it wouldn't be cinematic." Well? That little pass they've given to other movies basically dismantles 95% of their problems with BvS.

So, what the fuck was their problem?

https://youtu.be/VGsrMaxx8N4
>>
>>85701682
The problem is that you have autism
>>
>>85701682
>"Why did she throw it in the water?" Why does the Lady of the Lake emerge from the water to present Arthur with Excalibur?
Very poorly executed then, the spear could have been knocked into the puddle and Lois runs to go find it.
>>
File: 1500780342591.jpg (361KB, 1440x1389px) Image search: [Google]
1500780342591.jpg
361KB, 1440x1389px
>>85701682
>BvS failed because it was too smart

I love this pasta. Here, have a better shitposting image you can use for next time. Your post would work better if it went more into how everyone was too dull witted to understand the true brilliance that was on display. I feel you really brushed past that too much. Good job hitting the RLM button though.
>>
>>85701780
The proximate reason she throws it in the pool is because the fight had deescalated and it was a good opportunity to put a weapon designed to kill the man she loves out of reach in case the tides turned again. Accidentally knocking it in would've been super stupid.
>>
>>85701805
MoS and BvS: Competent military, football, guns, farming, church, American flags, themes of honor and self-reliance.
MCU: SJWism, quips, forced "diversity".

You can't just switch the politicians like that, it's too obvious. You need better bait.
>>
File: IMG_0529.jpg (130KB, 2048x978px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0529.jpg
130KB, 2048x978px
>>85701682
It goes beyond even that. The film is filled with hints at Bruce's psychology and how he was unconsciously sabotaging his own vendetta.

He forged a weapon that would force him to kill in a way that he's absolutely shown to be incapable of. Bruce can't even bring himself to put a bullet in someone, let alone a spear, and here's an image from his dream that reveals what he unconsciously knows to be the truth about his "enemy." The camera lingers on this image, and it's not just "because Snyder thinks it's cool." St the conclusion of the warehouse fight, it lingers again on Bruce staring at the knife he drove into that merc's shoulder. That's the moment where he realizes what really stopped him from killing Clark.

It's no wonder these guys like to stay big fish in the little pond that pop culture and most comic book movies are. They can't even let go of their own preconceptions long enough to analyze what's right in front of them.
>>
shut the fuck up you autist
>>
>>85701682
They hate it because their mouse overlords told them to hate it.

We're talking about the same "critics" that slavishly approve of every mundane assembly-line Marvel and pretend it's the hot new shit.

Fuck them.
>>
They're Disney employees.
>>
File: 1490942356361.png (67KB, 1095x224px) Image search: [Google]
1490942356361.png
67KB, 1095x224px
BvS was geniunely too smart for critics. We're talking about a group of people that are completely unable to process visual storytelling. Their understanding of film extends only as far as very basic dialogue extends.
>>
>>85701805
I'm not saying BvS was too brilliant. That's the point. The decisions Snyder made had obvious reasons that any ardent film goer like Mike or Jay should've gleaned without any mental effort at all. Instead, they're baffled at every turn. I'm confused because this isn't an impenetrable movie, so I'm left wondering whether they were too dumb for it or whether their cynicism and pre-established disdain for Snyder blinded them to shit that was obvious. That's a fair critique of RLM, more fair than the one they made of BvS. But hey, just go ahead and meme if you have nothing to contribute here.

Take another example it:

>"Why did Luthor let Batman steal the kryptonite?"

Come on. You're telling me these guys really couldn't figure that out? What's the stock nerd answer to who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman? "Batman, with enough preparation." Luthor obviously made the same calculation.
>Luthor wants Superman dead.
>He knows of a substance that can weaken Superman.
>He's tried getting the government to weaponize that substance to use against Superman, but it refused. He needs somebody outside the system to do it.
>He knows about a guy who is outside the system and is tenacious and clever enough to best Superman if he has the right tools and element of surprise on his side.

So, why did Luthor let Batman steal the kryptonite? Come on. This isn't hard.
>>
File: to smrat to win.jpg (133KB, 639x782px) Image search: [Google]
to smrat to win.jpg
133KB, 639x782px
>>85702310
>tfw too smart to win
>>
>>85702156
This. I find there are three kinds of people who watched this movie:

>Viewer 1: people who want to criticize the movie shut off their brains and act like nothing makes sense
>Viewer 2: trolls and shitposters who make up contrived metaphorical, mythical explanations for it and only fuel the outrage of viewer 1
>Viewer 3: people who actually watched the movie and understood it
>>
>>85702486
I'm not sure why you think a bunch of clueless critics hating a film is the same as losing an election. Last time I checked, it was BvS being hounded by the media like the Trump campaign, not Marvel.
>>
>>85702310
>When was it decided that superhero movies shouldn't be any fun?
When was it decided that they had to be? The comics they're based on aren't always "fun", either. Why do the movies always have to be homogenized, saccharine cookie-cutter, "feel good" schlock?
>>
I know you're still transitioning into manhood, but it's okay to like something that other people don't and it's okay for other people to dislike something that you do.

You'll understand this someday, my child.
>>
>>85702187
This is a great observation and the sort of thing I would've hoped at least Rich could bring to the discussion.

That's my big disappointment. They're so vocally discontent with how formulaic superhero movies are. Here's a superhero movie that doesn't just break the formula, but utilizes compelling cinematic techniques to tell a visual story. And what was their complaint? "This isn't bright and colorful and goofy like a superhero movie should be."
>>
>>85701682
Hey my man, could you please explain where are the "echoes from mythology" in the studio intervention multiple framed expositional email character setups? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>85701682
>Why does the Lady of the Lake emerge from the water to present Arthur with Excalibur?
Why indeed? Is this some commonly known fact that I'm not aware of?
>>
File: Mars_Needs_Moms!_Poster.jpg (67KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
Mars_Needs_Moms!_Poster.jpg
67KB, 300x444px
Just too smart for critics to understand.
>>
>>85702443
But... did Luthor "let" Batman steal the Kryptonite? Doesn't really seem like he did. And he seemed pretty upset when he saw it missing.
>>
>>85701682
>watching the review before watching the movie
why do people do this
>>
>>85702594
First of all, Rich is by far the dumbest of the three. Secondly, they're not being hypocritical since they loved GotG and other Marvel shit movies.
>>
do you think they fixated on the comic potential because they movie was so dull and pretentious that it deserved nothing but derision?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-11-07-12h22m05s409.jpg (248KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-11-07-12h22m05s409.jpg
248KB, 1920x802px
>>85702443
What's more, Lex derives pleasure from excersising power over others. He controls parts of the democratic body. He controls the media. Him turning a once savior of Gotham against Superman is to Lex extremely satisfying given his need to excersise power over others. For him, for Batman to kill Superman would be the ultimate defeat to Superman because his death would be at the hands of someone that could've been his greatest ally. Instead Lex turns him into his arch nemesis, further proving Lex' point of people.

Look at Lex at the rooftop against Superman. Look at the look of pleasure on his face when Superman falls over and he says "and now God bends to my will". Having Batman and Superman fight is the ultimate power display of Lex. And it's also showing how fucking twisted the guy is.

These idiots who make money on criticizing these films are truly a sign of Internet group think culture. Can't wait for Thor to come out and they'll proclaim what a fresh new thing it was and we should all go see it and it's totally not like the 15 prior MCU films they also said were totally different. Fucking idiots.
>>
>>85702525
You assume I'm viewer 3 and not 2, but I'm both. I don't think I'm a shitposter, but you get me. I used "proximate reason" deliberately. Lois knocked it in the poll for a character based reason. The movie situated the spear in the pool to establish a mythic tableau moment later on. The fact that Snyder could achieve the latter through a plausible character-driven sequence of events is a testament to the competency of the film's writing and direction.

Or maybe RLM is right and it's "a fucking mess."
>>
>>85702665
Yes he did. You can clearly see the look of satisfaction on his face when he sees the tape. Not to mention him carefully timing the Senate bombing with the fake letters to Bruce.
>>
>>85701682
>dat autism
>>
>>85702838
What's autistic is carefully nitpicking small details in the film as "makes no sense" when you spend an extreme amount of time looking for those nitpicks yet stop abruptly to think one second more and actually find the answer to that nitpick. All they had to do was extend their autism slightly further and they would've had the answers. But no. Who the fuck am I to doubt these glorified Disney spokespeople.
>>
>>85701682
>muh review of a review of a movie
Why are you so defensive about this shitty movie anon? What skin do you have in the game that forces you to make and samefag the fuck out of these threads day after day?
Occam's razor would suggest that maybe there isn't a global conspiracy against DC, and that the director may be a pretentious hack that makes ugly movies general audiences hated.
If you need pages of headcannon to force motivation in a single scene to make sense then the director failed at his job.
Actual film doesn't require that much autistic analysis to make sense.
>>
>>85702588
I can't tell you how happy I was to get some movies that actually encourage thought and discussion, and with blockbuster budgets, no less.
>>
File: 1497290633595.jpg (65KB, 569x533px) Image search: [Google]
1497290633595.jpg
65KB, 569x533px
>>85702886
>make movie people hate
>beat Marvel's BvS equivalent with almost 100m lead
Sounds more like a movie whiny liberal bloggers and faggots like you hate.
>>
>>85701682
>being this assblasted about a year old review of a shitty capeshit movie
>>
>>85702598
>one scene doesn't do something
>therefore, the movie doesn't do that thing ever
What are you trying to accomplish with this shit?
>>
>>85702928
I honestly think you're the assblasted person here as you've written in this thread before and you will write over and over again telling OP how assblasted he is by you spending hours of your free time expressing that opinion.
>>
>>85702675
I had no intention of seeing it. A friend dragged me to it. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it wasn't a confusing pile of shit the way I had been led to believe.
>>
>>85702968
It's funny, when Marvel puts a whole ending as a fucking commercial for the sequel (Cap America in Wakanda with Bucky), nobody cares. When BvS has a two minute scene displaying the future players of Justice League, the whole fucking Internet lights up as if shit was on fire.
>>
>>85702885
>All dat supposition
Have you been diagnosed as belonging somewhere on the spectrum? You should probably schedule an appointment, there are treatments available.
>>
>MARTHA
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>85703046
I'm not wrong, am I? You will continue to linger in this thread to proclaim "how autistic" OP is completely blind to the irony of you spending an autistic amount of time and energy expressing that opinion.
>>
>>85702175
>>85701805
>liking any of the candidates

>MoS and BvS: Competent military, football, guns, farming, church, American flags, themes of honor and self-reliance

Saying this while the military did absolutely nothing

>honor and self-reliance
>Relying on the man in blue

>MCU: SJWism, quips, forced "diversity"
Only the comics, The MCU's 'sjwism' is or diversity is side characters while DC has replace several main characters.

>quips
Trump's whole campaign was built on quips lel

And Hillary was shit too.
>inb4 lesser evil .
>>
>>85703183
What the fuck are you even saying anymore? Can your mind stick to one subject without drifting to American 2016 politics? For fucks sake.
>>
>>85703030
Because Marvel isn't pretending to be anything else other than brainless entertainment while the DC wants the viewer to take it seriously with all the "echoes from mythology" and then you get slapped with a writing 101 sin multiple framed email character setups and a big end of the world CGI monster and mid fight quips.
>>
>>85703126
>I'm not wrong, am I?
You're not making any arguments you third world shittier. You're making baseless suppositions about what people "really meant" like you've got some kind of confirmation bias.
But yes, I am going to keep telling you you're an autist until you go get yourself checked out. You're clearly suffering from some kind of mental disability shitskin.
>>
>>85703228
I'm replying to a post about the election you stupid fuck stop confusing me with whatever nigger you have in mind.
>>
>>85702886
This is the first thread I've ever made on /tv/. Nothing forced me to do it. I just finished rewatching the review and wanted to talk about it with other movie fans who are familiar with RLM. And I like RLM normally. Is "I just don't understand this!" the new cool way to deride someone? This is teenage level thinking.

Note, I never mentioned DC once. I like a lot of Marvel movies and appreciate that they're doing. I even liked Homecoming for the most part. I just thought BvS got a bad shake from reviewers who should've known better. Maybe I'm the only guy who thought that was odd.

>Actual film doesn't require that much autistic analysis to make sense.
I agree. My entire argument is that BvS DOESN'T require autistic analysis to understand. Its not a confusing mess. You can "get it" without thinking too hard. That's precisely why I'm bewildered at RLM's bewilderment.
>>
>>85703280
This is the MCUck autism at display. Just wait. He's going to post pictures of brown people he found on Twitter. Any second now....
>>
>>85703105
>MARTHA
Up to this day I still do not get why people think Batman didn't kill Superman because their mothers had the same name. If Superman said "mother" or "save my mother" the outcome would've been the same. Fucking brainlets everywhere
>>
>>85703183
>the military did absolutely nothing
Who crashed the Phantom Drive into Zod's ship?

>Relying on the man in blue
How did Jonathan Kent die?
>>
>>85703405
Then why didn't he say that?
>>
File: bvs-cw.jpg (1MB, 3280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bvs-cw.jpg
1MB, 3280x1080px
>>85703269
Even in the realms of kids films, you can strive so much higher than what the MCU is doing.

Just look at the 90's Disney cartoons. They were for kids yet the stories were engaging enough that even an adult could watch them. I ask you, what self-hating adult could tolerate the current state of the MCU? The jokes are sterile and predictable. The action is mundane. The character interactions and dynamics are barebones and are ever changing by the minute.

When Cap and Iron Manlet are fighting in the airport, nobody in the audience for one fucking second believed one side was going to kill or even hurt anyone from the other side. Yet they still insist on fighting. Why? Because of bad writing dictated by marketing tests that showed they needed something to match the Batman/Superman fights in BvS. No matter how nonsensical it was to the CW story.

So you can go and say how "they're meant to be just fun" yet fun isn't the same as fucking retarded.
>>
>>85703485
>only by reaching out to Bruce and entering his broken mind can superman save this broken warrior

Is that why he punched him a lot very very hard?
>>
>>85701682
>watches the first 30s
The problem is that you treated this youtube channel as a valid movie criticism thing when it was obvious from the start is that the focus of the show is about themselves and movie critiquing only serves as a vehicle for them to create more content about themselves.
>>
>>85703485
I never said it isn't retarded. I said it's brainless entertainment and doesn't pretend to be anything else. The fact that people eat it up is an another subject.
DC howerer is pretending a lot and that's their main problem.
>>
>>85703432
>Who crashed the Phantom Drive into Zod's ship?
Only that, all the other times they are entirely useless.

>How did Jonathan Kent die?
And what did that accomplish?
>>
>>85703576
He punches him in sheer desperation knowing his mother could die that night. But he also stops and eventually begs Batman to go save his mother instead.
>>
>>85703462
Because it adds weight to the scene. Not only does it make Batman see Superman as more than just a threat that needs to be put down, it hits him personally as it reminds him of why he fights crime in the first place. Even my 10 year old daughter understood the significance of that scene.
>>
>>85703485
>You can't fight without wanting to kill
This is what Man of murder and Batkiller does to people.
>>
>>85703627
So you think that Transformers and MCU are on the same level of filmmaking? Glad we agree on something at last.

Well, ignoring the fact that Bay atleast knows how to create spectacle...
>>
>>85703462
Because "Martha" is reminiscent of "Rosebud." But not just that.

The fact that their mothers had the same name isn't why Batman spared Superman. The fact that they had the same name is merely something that catches Bruce off guard. Up to that point, he'd been dwelling on his parents, particularly his mother, as depicted in that dream sequence in the tomb. Hearing a name in an unlikely scenario, seemingly of a person he'd been thinking about, grabbed his attention in a way that made him reflect back on himself.

That process of reflection, not the name itself, is why Batman spared Superman. Thinking about this commonality between the two of them led Batman to think of other commonalities and realize that Superman isn't the monster and threat that he once thought. In fact, they're not so different as Bruce had assumed.
>>
>>85703670
But normally, would you not beg by saying "Save my Mother?"

If you have one thing left to say why would you waste your breath on a name that doesn't mean anything to your assailant?

It's not difficult to understand you pumped up brainlet, if anything it's too simplistic
>>
>>85703700
Why are they throwing lethatl rockets at each other when it's fucking obvious nobody on either side wants those rockets to land? Why the flying fuck are they wasting so much energy attempting to hurt each other when it's obvious no one really wants to hurt the other? Just look how quickly the fighting stops the moment someone gets hurt.

It reminds me of those schoolyard fake fights you had with friends and then someone accidently got a tree branch in his face and everyone stopped to go tell the teachers.

That's the airport fight in Civil War.
>>
>>85701682
>I'm autistic
All i got from this post.
>>
>>85703770
Yes exactly, it's supposed to be that.
>>
>>85702810
Id argue bvs is all of the above. Bvs is a mess but look past its shortcomings and its a vastly nuanced and rewarding piece of work
>>
>people still arguing over this shit
there hasn't been a good DC movie since the dark knight and there hasn't been a good marvel movie since the first iron man. move the fuck on already.
>>
>>85703770
You're right, they don't want to hurt each other. Well done. You succesfully understood the scene.

They want to reach their goals not mindlessly slam sinks over each other's heads.
>>
>>85703764
>Why does he say "Martha" instead of "my mother?"
>Because it adds weight to the scene.
>WELL WHY WOULD SNYDER ADD WEIGHT TO THE SCENE?
And you're calling someone else a brainlet?
>>
>>85703861
Hey what would've happened if say Bucky didn't do a last second dodge of Spider-Man throwing shit at high velocity at them?

If it had landed, then it would've resulted in dire consequences for everyone because at that point, it's fucking obvious Spidey has no intentions of hurting Bucky. Yet he's still throwing all that dangerous shit at him. Does he hope Bucky will dodge that? If so, is it all for show? Why?
>>
>>85703878
>it adds weight to the scene

No? It detracts from it
>>
>>85703788
>talking about movies and movie reviews is autistic
>/tv/
>>
>>85703704
They are on the same level of brainless entertainment, yes. And DC is only slightly better really.
>>
>>85703984
You really want that last reply don't you?
>>
>>85703952
They don't really want to hurt each other but are willing to in order to reach their goals.
>>
>>85703840
Because you say so?
>>
>>85703952
Well considering Bucky is a super soldier he probably would have been knocked out rather than suffering grievous injury, which of course is still unfortunate but cannot be helped
>>
>>85703993
Just go play with your toys, mong.
>>
>>85704015
It would be much weighter if Superman was reduced to a childlike state of begging for his Mother ( to be saved )

The fact that he has the prescience to call her by name, something nobody does, but turns out to be incredibly useful in this particular circumstance.....
>>
>>85701805

That's a worse shitposting image because it would make the pasta seem ironic instead of sincere. Do your fucking shitposting homework and come back when you learn the basics.
>>
The kryptonite spear is like, the least of this movie's problems that they stated.

I'd expect kinosseurs to find better arguments then that.
>>
>>85704062
If you don't want to be part of this conversation, you don't have to be. Go to some other thread, or board for that matter if movie discussions trigger you so much.
>>
It's a comedy show with some movie review on the side, same as Cinema Sins. If you don't like to read you should listen to a podcast instead. If you don't like a movie you usually begin to nitpick stupid stuff that you don't like, good reviewers don't do that, they tell you why the movie is bad.
>>
>>85704086
>something nobody does
I call my parents by their first names all the name. Lots of people do.
>>
>>85703764
Because it captures Superman's desperation, and also because he has a fucking boot to his neck. Fucking brainlets, swear to God
>>
File: airport.jpg (55KB, 800x341px) Image search: [Google]
airport.jpg
55KB, 800x341px
>>85704027
But are they really willing to? Look what happens when that black Iron Man gets hurt. The fighting just stops and that black winged guy stops to apologize (even though it technically wasn't even him firing the rocket but whatever).

Also, ask yourself, what kind of superhero is Spider-Man at this point? He gets fucking recruited as a mercenary by Iron Man to partake in a battle against the good guys where he at several times in the fight could've ended up killing them. What fucking superhero is Spider-Man here really?

Imagine how many flaws you can find in Civil War by just spending five minutes thinking over it. This is all fresh to me. I haven't even started digging into this clusterfuck properly. I can go even further if you want me to. Yet nobody of all the hundreds of critics dared point out such a basic flaw...
>>
>>85704116
How many essays have you written about BvS on reddit be honest
>>
>>85704203
Zero. Like I said, >>85703310
>>
>>85704203
How many essays have you written on film that consists of nothing but autistic ranting because you didn't have the brain cells to connect 1 to 2 to 3?

True autism is hating something when you lack the intelligence to even motivate it. It's the definition of a clueless sheep.
>>
The "Martha" instead of "mother" thing makes perfect sense. Superman has two mothers. He's very aware of this, because the whole reason he's fighting is that he's an alien with a non-human mother too. "Mother" is ambiguous. "Martha" is specifically the human mother, showing that he's siding with the humans.
>>
>>85704029
because these are hardly even movies anymore. if you dig the assembly line at least get on the other side and work that shit, profit off of retards. or continue to be the retard.
>>
>>85704086
>It would be much weighter if Superman was reduced to a childlike state of begging for his Mother ( to be saved )
He's so fucked up that the first thing he blurts out is his mother's name. It's the same shit
>>
>>85704183
Yes the airport scene is bad, but it's like 5 mins not even the climax of the movie.

>Also, ask yourself, what kind of superhero is Spider-Man at this point? He gets fucking recruited as a mercenary by Iron Man to partake in a battle against the good guys where he at several times in the fight could've ended up killing them. What fucking superhero is Spider-Man here really?

He's supposed to be inexperienced and new, most of the attacks he deals are not so lethal to the characters he's fighting.
>>
>>85701805

>implying it isn't already established fact that BvS was the Donald Trump of movies

shitty jpg/10
>>
>>85704277
But how do you really feel
>>
File: bvstrump.jpg (368KB, 1065x1233px) Image search: [Google]
bvstrump.jpg
368KB, 1065x1233px
>>85704433
The irony here is that the audience remains at Batman's false perception without growing with him.
>>
>>85704277
I think this explains the review. RLM wanted to hate this movie and expected to hate it, as they said numerous times before seeing it. No surprise, then, that they hated it. It's textbook confirmation bias.
>"What even was Luthor's motivation? He had none."
>spend five minutes describing Luthor's motivation in detail
>"Yeah man, I don't know, he just didn't have a motivation."
This could be perfect satire, but it's reality. I can only explain it as confirmation bias in action. They wanted the movie to be bad, so it had to be bad, so characters had to lack motivation even if that motivation was so obvious that the guys could summarize it without apparently even realizing it.
>>
>>85704500
Or audience is the wrong term to use. Critics would be more accurate. I'm pretty sure the average moviegoer understood more of BvS than the smug stuck-up editor writing for whatever barely competent clickbait site disguising itself as news.
>>
>>85704433
>dumb leftists wants to compare every shit thing to that orange retard.
>Synderfucks actually take it as a compliment.
>>
>>85703984
>It detracts from it
No it doesn't. It was the scene where Batman realizes he fucked up. The scene everyone was already expecting. With the whole "Martha" thing, it makes the scene more meaningful because it reminds you that Batman was still good all along, in such a way that ties in to his origins.
>>
File: IMG_0177.jpg (15KB, 314x161px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0177.jpg
15KB, 314x161px
>>85702598
Here it all is. The big enchilada, my friend.

Lex is part of the government project to "weaponize" these emerging metahumans, to tap into them as a resource. The government project responsible for this is called A.R.G.U.S. Amanda Waller and Task Force X(the Suicide Squad) report to them.

You see, there are no laws that prevent Superman from rescuing people, from helping avert disasters and such, that's just them being good Samaritans on a level that other people can't. Similarly, there are no laws against private citizens stopping someone in the commission of a crime or acting in the defense of your life or someone else's, but the instant you start trying to enforce the law on a proactive basis, operating as a third party in other nations' wars, you've crossed the line into full vigilantism, and are by default a criminal.

A.R.G.U.S. is a way to widen the net. You either volunteer to serve as part of the officially sanctioned "League" they're forming, or you *become* a criminal by simple virtue of continuing to fight crime without that sanction, and thus become fodder for Task Force X.

Lex was going to be the liaison for the "upstanding citizens" portion of A.R.G.U.S., the League in other words. It would have been perfectly in keeping with his carefully crafted philanthropist image. He would have been the guy who officially brought the metahumans to the attention of the government's(the portion still in the dark, that is, like elected officials and so forth). He would have been doing so after ridding them of one potential obstacle to their plans (Bruce)and while providing them with an incredibly valuable asset: Superman as a criminal and therefore a viable candidate for Task Force X.

So Lex would have gotten to play Maxwell Lord to the government's official team in exchange for giving Waller Superman in a black bag.
>>
I wonder if any of the good points Snydercucks sometimes come up with were even at all considered by the actual production team.
>>
>>85704615
>>Synderfucks actually take it as a compliment.
It's not a complement to the film. It's a criticism against their ignorance falsely likening a film to Trump without realizing that BvS's final message is the lurings of extremism.

Maybe the parts with journalists acting as tabloid bloggers hit closer to home than expected....
>>
>>85704700
You didn't actually answer the question you just went full autism talking about lore nobody cares about
>>
>>85704641
>realizes Superman is trying to save essentially the same person Bruce was too young, weak and scared to save himself once upon a time
>revaluates the situation accordingly
>LOL THIS IS SO STUPID IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE WHY DIDN'T SUPERMAN JUST USE HIS LAST BREATH TO GIVE BATMAN GPS COORDINATES TO HIS MOM'S LOCATION INSTEAD LOLOLOLOL
They don't get it because they don't want to get it, because somehow it's cool to not understand things.
>>
File: 1431489001085.jpg (346KB, 540x891px) Image search: [Google]
1431489001085.jpg
346KB, 540x891px
>>85701682
I stopped reading after you said "genuine critique" your problem is you value their opinions as such and your entire post is based on that value that should be nonexistent. Half in the Bag is not a review show, its a discussion among friends sometimes right after seeing a movie without time to properly analyze it. If it was titled "Batman v Superman Review" your post would have merit but it really just makes you come off as a fucking aspie.
>>
>>85704770
That's why there's more coming.
>>
>>85702187
yes he does those things and those things happen, explaining it in such a way doesn't make it a better movie. I dont know why BvS autists think it does. Same shit with Man of Steel.
>>
>>85701682
As much as I enjoyed the Plinkett prequel reviews, I think they did more harm to the Internet than good.

It created a mindset in millions of fanboys that any media should be approached on the basis of hatred first. So what is different is bad (RLM loves their old clichés). What you can't understand is bad (You must not go past that part because it feels better to you to blame the film rather than yourself) and finally you must revert to a state of a child again, dismissing anything that may lift the film up to new standards (hence Plinkett seething at the political aspects of blockbusters).

So you have a giant collective of people who have been trained by these absolute retards to treat film first and foremost through the lens of a child. And what you can't immediately grasp is awful filmmaking. What deviates from standard practice? Also awful. Just remain in your ignorant state consuming the same media in different color over and over and over again....
>>
>>85704850
Oh wow, thank you. You're the first person in this thread to call me autistic.

I don't "value" their opinions. I'm entertained by them. RLM is entertainment. So, as a fan of a piece of entertainment, of a show, I'm asking about a bad episode of a show I like. Not like anybody has ever done something similar on /tv/. This is an image dump board, right?
>>
>>85701682
They literally refer to the Flash's cameo as "the Ghost of Robin" and brush it off when it's literally one of the most important plot threads (Flashpoint) in all of DC. I was really disappointed by their review because of how uninformed and lazy their understanding of the content was.
>>
>>85705050
No, Rich explains in great detail that he thinks it could have been the Flash, but how could it have been? Bruce wakes up afterwards. So it must have been a dream. Right?

They certainly don't explain any further in the film than that if you're not an autistic comics nerd. The film should stand on it's own merits.
>>
>>85705012
The tone of this post is different than the OP who came off as someone with actual autism unable to understand basic social cues and angrily typing away at his keyboard. If you dont want people to call you autisitc, then present yourself in a different manner, aspie. Like, the fact that this needs to be explained makes you look more autistic. They didn't like the movie and had a laugh about it, its not "Mr Plinkett Batman v Superman review" where he analyzes it. Your "asking" is really just an outlet for you to vocalize you didn't like something and argue with everyone who disagrees with you while your own opinion remains unchainged. Autsitic people do this, just sayin :^)
>>
>>85705050
What's insane is Rich recognized exactly what it was, but because he already decided in advance that BvS had to be shit, he explained it away. "If it hadn't been a dream sequence, it would've been brilliant, but it was a dream sequence so it was shit." Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't a dream. The movie is ambiguous on that point, safe to say deliberately.
>>
>>85705110
I dont like Batman v Superman but I will be fair and say there are papers flying indicating Flash really was there, but at the same time he wakes up like it was a dream so thats what made it so confusing.
>>
File: IMG_3258.png (162KB, 543x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3258.png
162KB, 543x600px
I dont know if its the same few guys defending bvs with actual sane logic but kudos. i feel you're wasting your breath on the wilfully obtuse
>>
File: IMG_0560.jpg (190KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0560.jpg
190KB, 736x736px
>>85704700
Where are the hints that Lex is connected to A.R.G.U.S.? Well they come to us courtesy of his conversation with Lois. When she tells him that she's proven what he's done, he blows her off, "like sand in the desert," then launches into this bit:

>"Next category: CIRCLES! Round and round and round they go to find Superma-mmmmm no, no, no. Wrong category, boy. Next category: TRIANGLES! Yes, Euclid's triangle inequality - the shortest distance between two points is a straight path, and I believe the straightest path to Superman is a pretty little road called Lois Lane."

That's a double entendre. In one way, it's a reference to money. Lex's vast wealth is going to render him teflon to the overwhelming majority of accusations.
>>
I wish all the BvS fans on /tv/ made the film they see in their heads instead of what we got honestly
>>
>>85704700
That just explains your precious backstory, but is in no way an excuse to use a writing 101 sin of introducing your characters in multiple framed fucking on screen emails with an "epic" soundtrack.
There are a million better ways to present them, the studio execs must've had a gun on the head of the writer to let that pass.
>>
>>85705145
Thank you, Dr. Freud. My OP was asking why, if BvS wasn't too smart for people, did it seem to be too smart for RLM? That's not an autistic question. It's poking at a contradiction in a piece of media I and others are familiar with. That's what this board is for, discussing media. Go fuck yourself, you pretentious condescending twat.

"They're just friends talking, not being serious" really just means you're arguing that they're being retarded on purpose. I'm giving them a little more credit than that.
>>
>>85705243
To be fair, the film they see is what we got, they're just impressed by how zack snyder spent two movies referencing better/older material. They think catching those references makes them smart.
>>
File: 1462472787382.gif (128KB, 728x426px) Image search: [Google]
1462472787382.gif
128KB, 728x426px
>>85705331
It doesn't mean that at all, your interpretation of my words is silly. Oh you silly little goose, you. Wish I could just give you a hug.
>>
>It's a spear because Christ wasn't stabbed in the ribs with brass knuckles, you fucking hacks
Maybe the problem is trying (and failing) to make Superman into Jesus
>>
>>85705331
In what way would someone need to react to BvS to make it seem they got it, in it's entirety?
>>
>>85701682
Is BvS the worst attempt at symbolism in film history?
>>
Wait, hold on.

I thought it was a spear because moby dick, ahab, etc.

That clearly wasn't a maymay because it stopped dead once that SFX guy came out and said "I made the hole look like the place I came from!"
>>
>>85701682
At least they tried, the usual pleb thing to say:
>the movie sucks, because lol Martha
>>
>>85705566
I don't think its fair to call what BvS did symbolism. Its just straight copying imagery.
>>
>>85705630
well its not like the movie was utterly brilliant before that moment. That was just the shit cherry on the shit cake with shit frosting.
>>
File: IMG_0499.jpg (163KB, 2046x935px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0499.jpg
163KB, 2046x935px
>>85705236
But in another way, it's a reference to A.R.G.U.S.

Circles. Triangles. Both in the plural. Lex's money and government connections are why he's absolutely willing to dare anything. He's too big to fail, and too important to lose. He's providing them their means on locating metahumans. And he's doing so through some pretty egregious invasion of privacy, very much like a certain real-world government organization who's Not So Allegorical. So Lex planned on remaining the squeaky-clean philanthropist benefactor of the Justice Leagueâ„¢, suitable for marketing. He'd already whipped up some nice, iconic logos for them, and hey, what's a little merchandising on the side when you're the visionary genius who proved the metahuman thesis and saved the world from the "alien menace?"

Argus, by the way isn't just an appealing acronym, it's the name of a figure from Greek myth - a giant with a hundred eyes.
>>
Rampaging Autism: The Thread
>>
File: batman-vs-superman-ew-pics-5.jpg (243KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
batman-vs-superman-ew-pics-5.jpg
243KB, 1600x1065px
>>85705632
But even when copying imagery, there has to be some basic understanding of context, meaning, and interpretation. Snyder has none of that.
>>
>>85705508
By not expressing confusion at things that weren't confusing.

Watching their review of BvS was like watching a group of guys discuss an algebra test when they're only familiar with basic addition and subtraction.
>This test was a fucking mess. It made no sense at all.
>I know! Like, first of all, this is a math test, right? What the fuck are all these letters doing here?
>I know, I know. People want to give this other test crap, but it has numbers, it has plus signs, it has minus signs. It's a good, competently designed math test. What the fuck does ÷ even mean?
>The test designers, whoever they were, were worried that this test would be too smart for test takers. What a fucking joke that was!
That's what this review sounds like to me.
>>
File: jRwVK0O.jpg (160KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jRwVK0O.jpg
160KB, 1024x1024px
>>85705729
>>
>>85705692
I've got a great question.

Who gives a shit?

So lex is trying to track down metahumans and hamfistedly referenced this in BvS while just sounding like hes suffering from a schizophrenia flareup, who cares? What does it matter how/why metahumans are being exposed (when its more like they're coming out of hiding)? Why were they hiding in the first place? What were they hiding from? Why have they been completely inactive during all these insane blue-sky-laser events? Why is the only evidence of any activity of any metahuman just the flash stopping a convenience store robbery and protecting some insured bank vault? What are they hiding from? Why do they even feel the need to hide? Why are they just going to drop the need to hide in the next movie and NEVER MENTION THE FACT THEY SPENT SO MUCH TIME HIDING EVER AGAIN?
>>
>>85705729
If hes just going "yea, that looks cool, and its deep and stuff, do that." Then, no, he doesn't need any sort of understanding to just copy things.
>>
>>85701682
They liked the force awakens.
>>
>>85705968
The only people who didn't were people who grew up with the prequels and suffer from autism.
>>
File: 1497696500333.png (12KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497696500333.png
12KB, 640x480px
>>85705795
>heh, images and symbols can be used randomly, with no understanding of what they mean or how they could meaningfully pertain to the story :^)
>>
>>85701682
Referencing some other fictional work in your fictional work means you're not a hack and your film doesn't blow.
>>
>>85705214
Its honestly just fun getting to think about a movie and seeing what comes out of it, most bvs threads are spent actually discussing the film, instead of posting meme one-liners and counting (you)'s, some anons take the time to catch a moment that works with the character's profile. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but to me its better than the countless GOT & and sexist threads wondering "why women stink so bad but also why won't they bite my dick off?"
>>
>>85705488
Superman isn't meant to be jesus, he's the archetype of god as an abstract symbol, he is jesus, he is Apollo he is god
>>
>>85706148
>superman isn't meant to be jesus
>he is jesus

>>
>>85705795
you're correct, your image would have been an adequate replacement for eisenberg
>>
>>85705733
That's a fantastic analogy.
>>
>>85705896
Maybe because theyre just "regular" people? Is it ever mentioned they were hiding in the first place, or is lex's metahuman archive just a list of events showcasing the extraordinary abilities of individual metahumans?
To be fair I haven't watched any trailers/promos for JL and also didn't bother with >>85705692
>>
File: IMG_0432.jpg (4MB, 2580x2930px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0432.jpg
4MB, 2580x2930px
>>85705566
I don't know. You tell me.

If you say you don't see how this plays into the themes of the film, I'll quite happily write you off as a fucking retard.
>>
>>85706599
in bvs diana prince is characterized as quite determined to remain "hidden."
>>
>>85706864
You realize you're just saying you can't explain it either, right?
>>
>>85706900 (checked)
True, but only because she seems to be one of three currently active superheroes on the market.
But flash stopping a convenience store robbery? Thats nickel and dime shit that he happened to be around for. It shows that he has the potential to be in JL but not that he's going out of his way to help everyone he can.
>>
>>85706084
>hey at least these shitty threads aren't as shit as other shit

you're just admitting these threads are shit
>>
>>85705580
No, that aspect is still there. A film where one of the principals is overtly obsessed and the other two more subtly so, references to Melville are just par for the course.

Superman is the visible target for Bruce's obsession with vengeance and in Bruce's hands, the spear is a good stand-in for Ahab's harpoon.
>>
>>85707243
... yea dog, the principle "reference" that generated that idiotic theory was proven to just be the SFX guy making a hole in the wall look like his home. All you have left after that is "lol spear and angry man!"
>>
>>85702525
>>Viewer 1: people who want to criticize the movie shut off their brains and act like nothing makes sense
I've seen so many of these people. For all the memeing about "turn off your brain bro!" it feels like people turn off their brains and THEN proceed to act like they're super smart critics picking apart the movie when the fact is they're missing extremely obvious stuff. The CinemaSins way, basically.
>>
>>85701682
There's a difference between creating parallels and just shoehorning references into things to make it "deep." The comparison of Superman to Jesus is poorly done and horribly forced.
>>
File: demons.jpg (683KB, 1552x2256px) Image search: [Google]
demons.jpg
683KB, 1552x2256px
kinóis
>>
>>85707377
>they're missing extremely obvious stuff
Like?
>>
>>85705896
They weren't hiding. Prior to the arrival of Superman, none even existed. The only exception to this, the only true superhumans that predate Superman in their world are the Amazons and the Atlanteans. There were no random metahumans cropping up in the population. They're an emergent phenomenon. The Enchantress even mentions how they're basically heralds of a change. Except it's not just an evolutionary thing, it's something spiritual.
>>
File: IMG_0555.jpg (206KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0555.jpg
206KB, 1536x2048px
>>85707308
You know that wasn't the only reference, right dog?
>>
>>85707512
If you had read my post, you might've been able to glean from it an implication that without the whale-hole, what remains can reference just about anything and nothing exclusively ties it to moby dick.

Of course, MoS and BvS are so completely all over the place, its harder to find something it doesn't "reference."
>>
>>85705896
Do you even know what "ham-fisted" means, you meme-spouting fuck, or is it just a reflex at this point.

Brb. Going to go ham-fistedly pour myself another drink.
>>
Is this the autism containment thread?
>>
>>85706864
That's the superficial shit. This one was more interesting.
>>
>>85707592
Hamfisted means out of place.

Literally every line from lex zuckerberg was out of place.
>>
>>85707439
I'll answer that question by linking this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeRePDOMtTQ

Very satisfying video that eviscerates that style of criticism. At least watch a little bit of it.
>>
>>85702187
Batman fucking mauled a car and killed everyone inside, then rammed through the wreckage
>>
I think a lot of people just wanted to dislike BvS because it's fun to see big movies fail. There was sort of an anti-hype about it coming from the negative reviews where everyone was just kinda eager to tear into and make fun on it.
>>
>>85707638
I asked you. Posting a video is just proving you can't, without some sort of pre-recorded aid, come up with anything "obvious" that was "missed."
>>
>>85707752
...Holy shit, are you retarded or something? What you said essentially amounts to "This may be proof but it doesn't count as proof."
>>
>>85707827
A youtube video is proof of nothing. They're worse than michael moore documentaries.
>>
>>85707020
No, I totally can.

That scene is about Superman realizing that the reason people are starting to worship him is because he's been holding himself apart from mankind, largely because, quite to the contrary of what he tells Lois, he *does* care what people are thinking and saying about him, and because he's still carrying guilt from the events at the close of MoS, he's afraid those things will be bad and is even more afraid of not living up to their expectations.

But when you're Superman, holding yourself apart is synonymous with holding yourself above, and that's a dangerous thing. Humanity doesn't need a man in sky to fly to. That's only encouraging them to fall. Our angels must be among us.
>>
>>85707888
No, you just are set in your ways and refuse to watch anything that might take you out of your little bubble. Retard.
>>
>>85707968
Sorry bro, but, at best, you're just trying to avoid debate by referencing outside material.

If you want to actually defend bvs, you gotta make some arguments in your own words.
>>
>>85707383
>using imagery to draw parallels between Jesus and a superhuman god figure who descended from the heavens and reluctantly accepts his role as a savior, sacrifices himself, and then resurrects is forced
Lmao okay kid
>>
>>85707943
This is total gibberish that has absolutely nothing to do with Apollo's chariot.

People are worshiping superman because praying for him to save them has a slightly higher success rate than praying for divine intervention.
>>
>>85708056
You fucking moron, you sound like a Trump supporter with how you'll dismiss facts because it's "outside material." You're not interested in discussion, you just want to feel you've won in the most pathetic way possible.
>>
>>85703183
You realize marvel are literally making an entire movie about KANGS? your argument will never work.
>>
>>85708071
The idea that superman sacrifices himself is an intensely flawed read of the character. An entity like superman does only exactly what it pleases at any given time.

Thus on the most fundamental level any parallel between superman and jesus betrays a total misunderstanding of either superman or jesus.
>>
File: 1495801584161.png (53KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1495801584161.png
53KB, 200x200px
>reading this much into capeshit
These movies incl hack snyder flicks arent deep or even about quality. They are just meant to sell toys
>>
File: bvs nightmare.webm (3MB, 720x299px) Image search: [Google]
bvs nightmare.webm
3MB, 720x299px
>>85702187
>Bruce can't even bring himself to put a bullet in someone
What fucking Bruce are you talking about, sure its Bruce from Dawn of fucking Justice.
>>
>>85708139
Is the person who made that video in this thread and ready to defend his claims? No? Then there is no point in introducing said material. Furthermore introducing outside material is, in effect, claiming it is unassailable.

So either make some claims of your own or stop whining.
>>
>>85707737
Ding ding ding ding ding.

This is also enjoy I'm disappointed with RLM. Everybody lined up to gleefully shit on Krampus, for example, but they bucked the trend, have the movie a shot in its own terms, and liked it. Mike argued it deserved an Oscar for its sound work. They also shit on Boyhood when everyone else was cumming buckets over it.

Instead of bucking the trend with BvS, they just joined the hivemind. I expected better.
>>
>>85708238
That's not true, even Civil War has some pretty deep things. Also it's funny that you complain about capeshit while posting fucking Tomoko.
>>
>>85708296
>Is the person who made that video in this thread and ready to defend his claims?
Yes I am. Let's do this.
>>
File: 1501168302450.png (792KB, 1116x595px) Image search: [Google]
1501168302450.png
792KB, 1116x595px
>if I put random religious symbolism or a famous painting in the background it means my movie is smart

Grow up holy fucking shit.

If I made a bestiality porn video in St. Peter's Basilica it would be a work of genius right?

This shit is something students do for their projects and you Snyder retards praise it.
>>
File: 1497758334764.jpg (24KB, 384x490px) Image search: [Google]
1497758334764.jpg
24KB, 384x490px
>"Why did she throw it in the water?" Why does the Lady of the Lake emerge from the water to present Arthur with Excalibur?

that allusion doesn't work

the entire myth has always been about swords and it only exists because of the prestige celts and later medieval people endowned the sword. i.e when you are knighted it is with a sword and when you get your knighhood/peerage revoked your sword and spurs get broken

it is like watching a video of someone dropping their Iphone in a pool and thinking "this is clearly an allusion to Insular Celtic mythography"
>>
>>85708258
why the fuck does he grab that dude's hand he just shot and pull him a few feet before dropping him?
>>
>>85708230
>An entity like superman does only exactly what it pleases at any given time.
Head canon.
>>
>>85708345
Prove it. Post what you feel is an unassailable defense of bvs that is contained in that video.
>>
>>85701682
>Was it, Jay? Because it seems like it was too smart for you. I don't mean that in some condescending way, either, because BvS isn't some exalted art house film, but like, take their complaints about the kryptonite spear. "Why make a spear instead of bullets or brass knuckles?" Hey, maybe instead of watching the movie fixated on finding joke material, think about what you're seeing. Snyder very explicitly puts things in the film to create echoes from mythology that reverberate through the main characters. It's a spear because Christ wasn't stabbed in the ribs with brass knuckles, you fucking hacks.

That still doesn't explain why Batman made a spear. Just putting "cool" things in your film, regardless of whether or not it makes sense for the characters, it amateurish and dumb.

Can you imagine, Ben Affleck in his big dumb costume, sitting on the floor of his cave fashioning a spear out of radioactive space material? lol
>>
Including a load of Jesus imagery doesn't mean it's some sort of intellectual film though, it just means it's a superhero puncheroonie that has some Jesus imagery in it that you noticed.
This is like I GOT THAT REFERENCE tier.
>>
>>85708123
Yeah it does, dumbass. Apollo didn't do anything to encourage the hubris of Icarus but simply exist. By looking like a god, by remaining oblivious to how the public was coming to perceive him, by simply existing, Clark was enticing mankind to overreach and fall.

Lex sure as hell did.
>>
>>85701682
>Snyder very explicitly puts things in the film to create echoes from mythology that reverberate through the main characters. It's a spear because Christ wasn't stabbed in the ribs with brass knuckles, you fucking hacks.
Superman wasn't stabbed in the ribs with anything. Was Zod meant to be Jesus? Or is your argument that once you made the first religious parallel you can just do whatever as long as something vaguely similar also happened in the bible?
>>
>>85708428
The video is about Civil War, you fucking retard.
>>
>>85708417
The entire point of superman is invulnerability. This applies to will as well.

Its nice how you referred to the character as it has existed for almost a century now as "headcanon" though.
>>
>>85708368
The fact that you think the symbolism was random proves this movie was too smart for you.
>>
>>85708258
Look at the scene you chose. It's Bruce in his completely fallen state, not only capable of killing with guns, but also with even his bare hands.

Now contrast it to how he's shown killing through the events of the main story.
>>
>>85708505
>brings civil war into a bvs thread
>attempts to claim intellectual high ground

>>
File: 1496076114869.jpg (49KB, 345x383px) Image search: [Google]
1496076114869.jpg
49KB, 345x383px
All those autist accusations thrown around by the same three posters mad as fuck their precious RedditLetterMedia critics are called into question.

Get fucked alongside your Disney-bought idols.
>>
>>85708369
>it's an insular local Celtic myth about a sword
>that's why nobody knows who King Arthur is
Yeah okay
>>
>>85708521

Yes Anon, Superman is space Jesus. Everyone knows it for half a century you retarded ape.
>>
File: Mythology 073.jpg (359KB, 1270x1734px) Image search: [Google]
Mythology 073.jpg
359KB, 1270x1734px
Read the text and weep. Even comic legends agree with Snyder.
>>
>>85708507
>Superman doesn't act out of a sense of justice or obligation, he's a lolsorandum chaos figure that only ever does what he feels like
You understand him so well.
>>
>>85708521
I think he means random in the sense that it isn't used for anything but the allusion of it existing. The film isn't about or commenting on the allusions it includes, it just places them in the film in 'random' places where there's space, in an attempt to add gravitas to what is otherwise a moody piece about a superhuman with the emotional maturity of a teenager being forced into a situation where he has to punch a couple of people really hard.
>>
>>85703840
I disagree I though Wonder Woman was actually pretty entertaining and I actually really enjoyed The Winter Soldier and both GOTG, other than that though the rest is pretty trash.
>>
>>85708554
Civil War is far smarter than you or BvS could ever hope to be. End of discussion. Do not reply to me. This is the end.
>>
File: IMG_20170727_100407.jpg (90KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170727_100407.jpg
90KB, 600x600px
Why does RLM love Marvel movies?
>>
>>85702187

Dude, he was killing people left and right in the chase scene without even blinking.

Snyder is inconsistent with his own shit. This movie is fucking terrible and that's it.
>>
>>85708465
Wow, what an intentionally thin read on both superman and the myth of icarus made in order to make it seem as if there is a compatible parallel there at all.

lex zuckerberg is characterized as a gibbering retard the entire movie, superman is characterized as a mopey cunt the entire movie. lex zuckerberg's reaches have more to do with his inane sense of self-importance rather than any desire to be in the sun and I've already set down the reason superman was being worshiped by everyone else.
>>
>>85708705
>other than that though the rest is pretty trash.
Did you really watch EVERY SINGLE Marvel movie? There's like 16 of them.
>>
>>85708736
They like good movies so this triggers the DCuck.
>>
>>85708720
See
>>85703485
Civil War is a joke film where they fight in an airport and yet none of them are actually willing or capable of hurting the other. A playground fake fight meant to look cool. Can it get dumber than that? Maybe introduce more lame ass "hypnosis" plot devices to make your characters do more retarded shit. Bravo Marvel!
>>
>>85708720
who gives a shit? This is a "shit on bvs thread in it's own terms" thread.
>>
>>85707239
I'm not though, read a little closer.
I'm genuinely interested in the discussion of this movie, and threads where actual discussion takes place. When the cat with a bat meme tried to take off there were very small threads praising emmanuel lubezki for his work on the project, and thats another example of the anons here coming together to recognize something without devolving into a torrent of shitposting.
What I mean by sometimes it doesnt work is that there are some ideas that I don't feel like entertaining (like >>85705692)
but thats more subjective preference and I wouldn't get upset if another anon found merit in that post.
>>
>>85707737
the anti hype was a smear developed by disney. there are countless shill articles shitting on every DC movie making all sorts of claims with no proof. bots constantly shitting on DC all over social media. it's a developed hive mind that the people fell for.
>>
>>85707648
Yeah, and the fact that you can't differentiate between how easy that is compared to looking someone in the face while you kill them tells me exactly what an infant you are.

You think soldiers prefer explosives, rockets, and mortars just because they're more efficient? You think being instructed to target structures and equipment is strictly a tactical choice? Collateral damage is always easier to reconcile psychologically.
>>
I guess this is a good thread to tell my story.

I'm a student studying film at UWM here in Milwaukee. I started my Freshman year recently and I'm currently in a class on digital media where one of my projects is to research and do a write-up on a particular online film maker. Well somebody in my class mentioned this local YouTube group called Red Letter Media, but he decided to do the project on something else, so I decided to do it on RLM. I had actually never heard of them before, but I really liked their work, and I got lucky enough to meet Mike to give an interview. That student later on told me about this website and mentioned that you guys like RLM, so I figured I'd lurk and give you the details.

Well it was pretty interesting. I shot RLM an E-Mail pretty late at night, like 2:30 in the morning or so. I had been up studying, but I figured I should shoot them an E-Mail since I had just been thinking about it and didn't want to forget. Well lo-and-behold, I get a message back from Mike himself, who said he would love to meet me and gave me an address, which I would later learn was his home address. The weird part about it was that I got the reply only 2 minutes after I sent the original E-Mail, almost like he was just sitting there waiting for me or something.

Anyway, when I got there it was a pretty nice house, I guess. The cool part about it was, and I don't think many fans know this, but Mike is a HUGE history buff, and I mean he is REALLY into it. Especially WWII-era German stuff. He had WWII-era German flags and photos of figures from the time hanging up all over his walls. I even noticed when I went to the bathroom and peeked into his closet (I know it was wrong of me, but I just couldn't stop myself,) that there was a WWII-era German uniform! It was so interesting. The odd part about it was that it smelled really damp and sweaty, like somebody had worn it very recently, but I figured it had just been stored improperly at some point.
>>
>>85701682
BvS is such kino, i like the scene in wich the coffee spills and the darkness represents Batman and the white desk it spills on represents Superman
10/10 Every scene has at least 10 hidden kino references that only kino supporters would understand, upvoted OP!
>>
>>85708899
Actually, something else interesting. Mike is SUPER religious, which is weird since he doesn't seem the type. In his closet next to that uniform, he also had a lot of long white robes, so I know for sure he wants to be a member of the clergy, or is already. He also had a huge cross laying around. I could tell it was old because it was made from wood and looked like it had been burned or something.

I wish I had more to say about our conversation, but it was actually pretty uninteresting and really unhelpful. I wanted to record our conversation but he said he couldn't. When I asked him why he said because then THEY'LL hear it, and he really emphasized that word. I asked him what he meant by that and he said "Oh you know, the ones with the," and he pointed to his nose. I still have no fucking clue what he meant. I asked him a lot of questions about the history of RLM, how they all work together, what kind of cameras and equipment they use, etc. The problem is he would keep giving me half-answers, and it kept seeming like all he wanted to talk about were crime statistics and the changing of demographics all the time. He also kept mentioning something called "The Bell Curve," I figured it must be a book or something.
>>
BvS confirmed for our generation's Avatar. Movie that made money because of hype but nobody really liked except for the few that will defend it rabidly and delusionally.
>>
>>85702776
>DING DING DING DING DING DING
Perfect movie, such a masterpiece, how can shit like Citizen Kane even compete with this perfect dialogue?
>>
>>85708954
At one point during our conversation something happened that really startled me. The whole time we had been talking I had heard Bob Marley music faintly in the background, but I thought his neighbor was having a party. Well, it turns out that somebody else was in the house with us. At first I thought she was crying because she had red eyes, but then I noticed that she was laughing and getting bags of snacks out of the pantry. I also saw smoke coming from the room she was in, which scared me at first because I thought there was a fire, but then I noticed that one of the bags of snacks she was carrying were marshmallows, so I figured she was just making s'mores inside and the fumes irritated her eyes. I don't know how she manages to keep a flame safely in there when the room is so dark except for the blacklights, but I digress.

So after not much help, I finally had to leave. I shook Mike's hand and thanked him, even though he told me practically no new information, and left. He stared at me going to my car and driving away the whole time, which I thought was weird, but hey, I guess he was being polite.

I ended up getting a C.
>>
>>85708810
Yes, that was the exact purpose of the scene, in a movie where no one was in the right or really wanted to fight. Then the fight stops dead once someone actually does get hurt and everyone has to recognize they're to blame.

Its funny how even with the most negative and derisive read on a scene possible, the scene still fits with the overall theme of the movie.

On the other hand it doesn't matter how you read any scene in BvS, it won't fit for some reason.
>>
File: 1485976765814.jpg (535KB, 1093x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485976765814.jpg
535KB, 1093x1200px
>>85708969
>Avatar was released just a few years ago
I wasn't betting on mouseshills to know how to count but this takes it to a new level
>>
Movie was terrible because it was two movies forced to be one movie because they wanted to rush JL. That's it.

First half was a bit slow and had a lot of problems, but it was not terrible. It's the rushed second half where everything falls apart.

And both Superman and Batman were incredibly inconsistent with their morality. Supes chases Batman because he's a bad guy killing criminals, but he kills the black warlord dude without giving a shit when he threatens Lois. He generally seems like an asshole bored by saving people and angry at everyone who's not Lois or Martha. But then he suddenly wants to make Batman stop killing even if he's doing the same thing.

Superman seems like a bad guy in the making and even if that's what Snyder is going for this is not what 90% of Superman fans want.
>>
>>85701682
BvS ext was fucking top notch for a kiddo comic movie, really enjoyed it
>>
>>85708810
>Can it get dumber than that?

Of course it can. Like the entire Doomsday fight in BvS.
>>
>>85709020
You mean we're meant to believe about a dozen adults all went into a fight, throwing highly dangerous projectiles at each other completely ignorant on the fact that someone might get hurt?

So the hundreds of times they almost killed each other, what if one rocket had gone slightly more angled and hit? What if someone had died? They were clearly not capable of killing each other yet they were fighting as if they were going to. And then in the most pitiful scene of all, someone breaks his leg and the whole fight stops. It's like the kids at the sandbox realizing games are only fun when nobody gets hurt!

We are lucky hired mercenary Spider-Man didn't kill Bucky. Imagine if he did after all those attempts? Friendly serial killer Spider-Man?
>>
>>85709034
>AWH SHUCKS I WAS JUST ABOUT TO GO MOVE TO AMERICA WITH MY WEALTHY URBAN MIDDLE EASTERN FAMILY BUT NOW MY DREAMS ARE RUINED.
Liberals are this deluded.
>>
>>85709052
>it was two movies

It was at least four. As you have batman redemption movie, the superman finding-his-way movie, the superman vs batman movie, and the death of superman movie.
>>
>>85709162
I like how you shifted gears from "they clearly weren't trying to hurt anyone" to "WHAT IF SOMEONE HAD GOTTEN HURT????"

when the movie showed exactly what happened when someone finally got hurt.
>>
>>85709187

Pretty much. It fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>85709229
Ah yes, the movie showed us that they were all massive retards who were all in shock when they realized that "hey, rockets do hurt".

What superheroes these guys are. Iron Man was right. These retards don't deserve the right to go in and wreck around. They're clearly not capable of any measure of foresight at all.

Rockets kill! That's what they're made for. Don't fucking fire them at each other if you're not going to kill. America doesn't drone ISIS because it looks cool. The intention is to kill. This is shit you learn as a kid. Yet it took our Avengers superheros 15 films to figure this one out.
>>
>>85708600

what point are you even making?
>>
>>85708490
>Superman wasn't stabbed in the ribs with anything.
Uh, yes he was. That's how he dies.
>>
File: tvinanutshell2.jpg (54KB, 772x198px) Image search: [Google]
tvinanutshell2.jpg
54KB, 772x198px
>>85709185
>>
>>85709187
Lets not forget the scene in wich they edited the sneak peaks of the upcoming DC movies wrong and put it right fucking there in an email that Batman sent Wonder Woman, with every folder having a logo probably made by Lexcorp employees that must really like comic books or something, its an absolute perfect master piece of a kino and i cant wait for JL: The Snyder Edit wich will delete all quips and add a dark filter into the entire film.
>>
>>85709323
and now you shifted to "THEY DUMB CUZ THEY WERE DOING THE DANGEROUS!!"

the entire point of the scene is neither side had planned for the other to not stand down. So the entire sequence iron man's side just showing off in order to get the other to stand down. Then standing down themselves whens someone actually gets hurt.
>>
>>85708700
But that is what the film is about. It's, start to finish, about the recurrence and continuity of mythological tropes and processes across time and space.
>>
>>85709464
Don't use pussy as an insult it's sexist, shitlord.
>>
>>85709330
That you're not making any point at all. The allusion worked fine.
>>
>>85709485
>So the entire sequence iron man's side just showing off
What the fuck? No Vision clearly fires that rocket to harm flying negro man. What's hilarious is how they're clearly ignorant on what happens when you fire lethal projectiles.
>>
>>85707439
Here's one for you - they accidentally gave Wanda time-stop powers that we're guaranteed to never see again, because it absolutely wasn't on purpose. They just either were too stupid to understand how explosions work, or figured we were.
>>
>>85709052
>incredibly inconsistent with their morality
Almost... like... real human beans.
>>
>>85701682
Op I agree with you wholeheartedly but you need to understand that the answer is simple, they are just another friend simulator caught up in the zeitgeist.

Bvs was enjoyable for me but had its problems, however in the current atmosphere of the internet you cant have conversation. Everything has to be polorizing to make it the most easily digestible opinion to be regurgitated by normalfags who believe themselves to be nerds. Anything else would be considered autism and you clearly cant have any positive parts, everything has to be either absolutely good ot bad. I mean were talking about RLM, the people who appraised tfa despite it being deviantart tier schlock just because it fed their ancient nostalgia boner and fed their hatred of the prequels. The quicker you learn that theyre just another youtuber the less these things will baffle you.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-07-29-11h04m38s087.jpg (284KB, 1920x808px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-07-29-11h04m38s087.jpg
284KB, 1920x808px
>>85709753
Marvel's idea of a compelling character trait - Have someone brainwash him so he does something retarded like RDJ creating Ultron and Bucky killing Howard. The whole movies is about that brainwashed plot device.

Marvel's idea of engaging battle scenes - Have Spidey quip for 15 minutes straight as he's clearly trying to severely harm and maybe even kill another superhero.

Bravo Feige!
>>
File: 1500655452660.jpg (35KB, 366x294px) Image search: [Google]
1500655452660.jpg
35KB, 366x294px
BvS aside, Mike is insane.
He liked The Force Awakens.
He said Rogue One had too many things we know, but didn't get on TFA about the same thing, even though TFA is set 30 years after the OT and R1 is about five minutes before the OT.

I also have an even more ironclad example of his hypocrisy available upon request.
>>
>>85707633
Just go look up the definition, retard. Then fuckng neck yourself for remaining this ignorant in the goddam Information Age.
>>
>>85709876
But Ant-Man got to run all over ScarJo's body so that was pretty nice. That would be a good superpower to have.
>>
>>85708258
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz-8RiH3I94
>>
>>85709668
None of the participants were normal people, all using weapons and tactics designed to deal with normal people, thus, non-lethal, in context.
>>
>>85701682
guessing that OP thinks TDKR is genius too
>>
>>85710118
Several of the combatants are normal people with a gimmick.

Such as ScarJo, Bow Guy and Flying Black Man. Bucky has a metal arm but I'm pretty sure a bullet would penetrate his skin. And I'm sure Wanda isn't bulletproof either.
>>
>>85709323
The underlying theme of civil war was "we're fighting. why are we fighting." not even as a question. This concept runs through the entire narrative, at every moment. But everyone has a good reason to not back down so the movie keeps going.

Whereas bvs just barrels along, completely unaware of the fact there's no good reason for anything that happened in the move to have happened at all. Leaving the audience to ask "why did any of this happen?"
>>
>>85710304
all of whom are quite used to be shot at by people actually trying to kill them.
>>
>>85710331
I think you got your movies mixed up pal. It's in Civil War we get to see clueless morons hammer at each other and when someone actually gets hurt after the thousands of rockets and spells thrown, they all stop fighting and apologize. It is barely above Elementary schoolyard fight really. That is the extent of the "depth" of the Civil War story. And the fact that they pushed Spidey into it is borderline offensive storytelling.
>>
>>85710427
Hey, no need to get sensitive.

Also its kinda obvious the airport scene is the only scene of civil war you actually saw.
>>
>>85701682
BVS is a heavily flawed film with elements of greatness. The theatrical cut is a 5/10 and the extended is a 6/10. Now quit your bitching
>>
File: 1500983324079.jpg (22KB, 552x468px) Image search: [Google]
1500983324079.jpg
22KB, 552x468px
>>85710331
See, I don't get the mind of someone like you.
Being who you are, you probably hate the PT for many reasons, not the least of which being them using digital cameras as opposed to the OT's film.

And yet Snyder shoots on film and most of the MCU including Civil War is digital.
>>
File: IMG_0267.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0267.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>>85706202
He's Jesus, he's Horus, he's Apollo, he's occasionally even a sky-father like Zeus(or Jehovah). Insisting otherwise in a series of films where a running theme is how anything can become a god and a character actually references said gods by name, just illustrates how myopic and worthless your opinion on any point of it really is.
>>
>>85710510
>I don't understand you

>you think x
>when y
>(neither x nor y have been mentioned in this thread by anyone)

... what
>>
File: 1495774470302.png (89KB, 372x388px) Image search: [Google]
1495774470302.png
89KB, 372x388px
>>85708301
>civil war
>deep
Same depth as a surf board.
Also a reaction image doesn't mean said anon likes the show it's related to
praise tomo
>>
>>85705996
I grew up with the OT. TFA is inferior reconstituted shit that got by on a brilliant marketing campaign that promised a "return to the spirit" of the original trilogy.

It was a return, all right. It was the same movie with all logical plot flow replaced by coincidence.
>>
>>85710601
Do you deny my assumptions?
>>
>>85710573
equating superman to any godlike figure is a flawed read of the character and gods in general. As the entire point of the character he is an idealization of humanity. The entire point of gods is they were attempts to anthropomorphize the randomly harsh and fortuitous nature of life.

BvS itself even goes a step further on this by directly conflating superman and "god" to the point where the movie directly questions "why are we calling this character superman? He's a dick and hes not that strong."
>>
>>85710765
I, as a rule, always deny things people pull directly from their asses.
>>
>>85709876
I don't get how Cap didn't expect to crush Spider-Lad to death in that scene.
>>
>>85710813
So you like digital over film?
>>
>>85710747
The only marketing that TFA needed was "hey, its better than that prequel bullshit."

Unless you're trying to say the utter abhorrence of the prequels was part of the marketing for TFA.
>>
>>85709187
That's what makes it good. It's not a paced-for-brainlets slow-motion movie like most of the others. I never felt the need to switch to fast-forward.
>>
>>85710859
I have no preference. Nor have I indicated a preference. Nor is a preference relevant to anything in this thread.
>>
>>85710508
THIS
>>
>>85710880
Daily reminder that RotS has within one point of the same RT score as RotJ.
>>
>>85710897
>watching movies on fast-forward

oh you're maymaying. That's nice.
>>
bvs and civil war sucked, the only differences is that one made me angry and one made me go well at least it didnt piss me off...oh and one has a following of autist who think they are deep, complex individuals. SYMBOLISM.....IM GONNNA CUMMM
>>
>>85710926
So you'd like the OT just as much if it was shot digitally?
>>
>>85710945
reminder that RT is useless bullshit and anyone who takes it seriously has legitimate brain damage
>>
File: 1478961287931.png (496KB, 780x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478961287931.png
496KB, 780x720px
>>85710679
>Also a reaction image doesn't mean said anon likes the show it's related to
If you use a reaction image from something you don't like you are pretty much the worst kind of person. You need to be proud of the images you post.
>>
Fucks sake this thread will hit bump limit before I get to post my webm of Bucky and Spidey trying to kill each others in CW.
>>
>>85711028
Daily reminder that you need to remember this
>>85709932
>>
>>85711027
I wouldn't give a fuck. As long as it isn't the special editions

Can you just skip to the end of this pointless bullshit?
>>
>>85710978
No more than 1.5x speed, and usually less than that. And I switch the monitor refresh rate too so the frame timing is still perfect.
>>
>>85701682
jesus you snyder fucks are pathetic
>>
>>85711071
I don't remember things about entities I don't give a fuck about, as a rule.

You seem to have mistaken this for the /rlm/ general, rather than a "shit on bvs thread."
>>
>>85711059
Then create a new thread you fucking idiot.
>>
>>85711075
>As long as it isn't the special editions
But the new ending song in RotJ gives much more closure to the story of the Rebel Alliance than fucking yub nub.
>>
>>85711080
I also enjoy fingerboxing

LOL PEOPLE ARE GOING TO ASK WHAT THIS IS BUT ONLY US OLDFAGS KNOW RIGHT?
>>
>>85708760
Wow, what an intentionally thin read on the movie just to support your own conclusions.

Did Apollo encourage Icarus to fall or did he simply exist? Does Apollo have any agency st all in the myth? You and I both know the answer and what it implies.

Superman is a hero that happens to be god-like, therein lies the danger of him allowing himself to remain apart and above. It's part of the reason he goes to the hearings at last, because he's realized that he can't approach his job the way he has been.
>>
>>85711120
>rather than a "shit on bvs thread."
OP isn't shitting on BvS though.
>>
>>85711163
>Superman is a hero that happens to be god-like

Nothing in MoS or BvS establishes clark as even remotely godlike, neither in temperament or ability.
>>
>>85710271
OP here. I liked it. Not as much as TDK, but I liked it.
>>
>>85711186
Yes, the OP is bait for shitting on bvs.
>>
File: bvs-cw law.jpg (990KB, 3704x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bvs-cw law.jpg
990KB, 3704x1080px
>>85711163
This.
>>
>>85711270
No I'm not. I genuinely enjoyed BvS. Why are you so cynical?
>>
>>85711284
>submitting to what you know is wrong is right

I also really enjoy the taste of dirty boot leather.
>>
>>85711345
I love it when, given the choice between being retarded or just trolling, people stand up and say "WHY YES I AM RETARDED WHATS IT TO YA??"
>>
>>85703650
>sheer desperation
he started punching him because he got mildly irritated when batman lured him into the machine guns that barely tickled him
>>
>>85711360
lmao get the fuck outta here if it wasn't for Cap Gary Sue posessing the power of hindsight, he would've been so in the wrong.

But oh wait he's right yet again! BIG FUCKING SURPRISE THERE.
>>
>>85702443
That's not what they said, They said why "didn't" Luthor let Batman steal the Kryptonite? You shouldn't be criticizing anyone.
>>
>>85711407
This is what someone sounds like after experiencing 300 posts of absolute ass demolishing.

Run along now kiddie. Stick to spamming RT scores. You're better at that.
>>
>>85711222
>immune to Earth weapons
>flies at supersonic speed
>sees and hears through walls

Superman could have every political leader dead within a day. There's literally nothing they could do to stop him before Lex retrieved the Kryptonite.
>>
>>85711284
isnt this the same guy who acts above the law all the time, like when after bringing destruction to metropolis he causes more destruction by throwing a fucking satelite almost killing two people because he doesnt want the government keeping tabs on him. Shit at least one guy up here is likable
>>
>>85711554
He has the right of privacy. Something every American has the right of.
>>
>>85708430
You should probably read the thread now.
>>
>>85711727
not when you have the power to destroy the world and have already been part of major destruction to a city causing roughly 5000 dead
>>
>>85711794
Are you talking about Cap now?
>>
>>85701682
>>85701682
>It's a spear because Christ wasn't stabbed in the ribs with brass knuckles, you fucking hacks.
If that's the justification of why something happens in a movie, then it's shit. You can echo mythology but it has to have internal logic. If you force characters to act unnatural in order to force some imagery, then you're a shit filmmaker.
What most Snyder fans seem to ignore is that most of the criticisms towards the film aren't about what the movie is saying, but how it's saying it. Regardless of its intentions, it's a poorly put together film that doesn't work in a narrative level. So do all the cinegrids you want, and explain all the reference you want, it's still a shit film because Snyder doesn't know how to build a flowing and coherent narrative.
>>
>>85711794
What?
No American is different under the law.
>>
>>85711831
kinda but cap is one not that powerful, two part of a team, three is too stupid to create ultron.
>>
>>85711838
No?
That's like saying Eraserhead or late Malick is shit.
You value narrative above all else, then read a book.
>>
>>85711839
the dude is technically not a citizen so.
>>
>>85711839
also are you that naive to believe america doesn't already break its citizens civil liberties?
>>
>>85711972
He technically is. He has a US citizenship.
>>
>>85708375
It's not the guy he shot, it's one of Batmans boys so he's pulling him away, presumably he got shot in the leg or whatever
>>
>>85711972
As of the end of MoS, the US Govt. did not have any proof of that.
Say Lara had been in the pod with him and gave birth on Earth then died. Clarak would legally be a citizen. And the govt has,no evidence that that wasn't the case.
>>
>>85712056
I dont remember that scene
>>
>>85702665
>Lex uses one of Bruce Wayne's former employees as an unwitting Suicide bomber at the trial for Superman, knowing that the explosion would be front page news seen by Bruce Wayne
>Lex returns to LexCorp that night after Batman attacks the facility
>sees that the Kryptonite has been taken out of its glass case
>smiles
Yeah how can we be sure that he intended for that to happen?
>>
>>85711972
>(f) a person of unknown parentage found in the United States while under the age of five years, until shown, prior to his attaining the age of twenty-one years, not to have been born in the United States;
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1401
>>
>>85703639
Who would have thought the military would be useless against a super being. Jesus christ you are fucking retarded, and reaching like a motherfucker.
>>
>>85712160
They didn't include it because 99% of the audience doesn't suffer from autism.
>>
>>85712150
except zod kinda told everyone superman was a fugitive from his world and kal already admit that he was RAISED in kansas...not born
>>
>>85711838
It's one justification, not the only one, exactly like the myriad reasons why Lois threw the spear in the pool. She had a perfectly good internal reason for doing so, but there were also thematic reasons. You latched onto my thematic reason and assumed there's no proximate reason for the spear, but that's wrong.

The movie logic reason for the spear is that Bruce is envisioning himself as returning to the roots of his family heritage. Before the Waynes became tycoons, they were hunters and trappers. That's his heritage. He discussed this explicitly with Alfred right before the showdown. So, he uses the kryptonite to fashion traps and a hunting weapon, a spear. He's calling back to his ancestors in asserting his humanity against an alien menace.

Are there more efficient weapons on earth than spears? Yes, but there would be no art or character in Batman building a kryptonite bomb.

I didn't ignore anything. The issue is that you're mad for no reason. You're angry at the film for doing things it doesn't do and for failing to do things that it in fact does.
>>
>>85712275
Too late, he's already aged over 21. See >>85712189

Superman is legally a US citizen.
>>
>>85712325
>The movie logic reason for the spear is that Bruce is envisioning himself as returning to the roots of his family heritage. Before the Waynes became tycoons, they were hunters and trappers. That's his heritage. He discussed this explicitly with Alfred right before the showdown. So, he uses the kryptonite to fashion traps and a hunting weapon, a spear. He's calling back to his ancestors in asserting his humanity against an alien menace.
Almost typed this out but was too lazy. Based anon.
>>
>>85712221
i guess thats why alot of audiences didnt really like or care for the film
>>
>>85709323
Don't forget about the god-like AI in the indestructible body using his superhuman intellect to destroy an air traffic control tower instead of simply disabling the jet they were seeking to escape in.
>>
>>85712380
Because they didn't show the kents doing adoption paperwork?
>>
>>85712380
Ok mr Marvel Autismo I'm sure if they included a scene of Superman showing off his US citizenship, it would've eased on the shitposting stemming from insecure console company wars allegiances.
>>
>>85712334
pretty sure being a godlike alien that brought alot of death throws a wrench in your argument but whatever
>>
Ok can anyone explain to me why Bucky just tried to kill a kid here? Look at the velocity of that object? It would've killed him right there and then.

And then, Spidey does the same fucking thing. He throws it back at Bucky, almost decapitating him. What the fuck? Are they really willing to kill each other here? Or are they both banking on the other guy having extreme luck and dodging at the last second?
>>
>>85712462
no, they dont need that scene because clark would have no reason to become legal cause as far as everyone knows hes a farm boy from kansas, im not the one who brought up his citizenship.
>>
>>85709932
>I also have an even more ironclad example of his hypocrisy available upon request.

Consider it requested.
>>
>>85712600
just turn you're brian off
>>
>>85703462
>Superman says Martha because saying "My mother" before his death would do nothing to help Batman find her. His identity is a mystery, and Batman would not be able to track her without at least a name. What Clark attempts to say is "You're letting him kill Martha Kent." But "Kent" is cut off because upon heating Martha, Batman clenches his boot tighter upon his neck.

When Bruce hears Martha, he doesn't just hear her name. The exact phrase "You're letting him kill Martha." echoes Bruce's own internal monologue from the memory of his parents death. Bruce has lived with this guilt over being powerless in preventing her death for his entire life. Bruce feels violated, as if this alien burrowed deep inside his mind and extracted the most personal and vulnerability parts of his being.

This initially enrages him even more, but when Lois reveals that it's only his mother's name that he understands the context of why he said that. And then he looks as Clark and he sees his father, a man on the ground with a weapon pointed at his face and Martha weakly escaping his lips.
>>
>>85712462
and classic dc fanboy labels anyone who doesnt like snyders smegma he calls film, a marvel fanboy.
>>
>>85712650
I'm at work at it's a pain in the ass too type out and this thread is dying, BUT watch for my thread about it. Give me five minutes or maybe ten to type it up and make a thread.

It involves Picard's hair.
>>
>>85712721
This is a great explanation but IT SUCKED SNYDER IS A HACK LMAO
>>
>>85712758
You should've just posted it already, you (You) whoring cunt.
>>
>>85712758
you cant really compare plinkett and mike, when mike has already admit that plinkett over analyzes and nitpicks everything and is satire. But the Picard thing was stupid so eh
>>
>>85709762

He's a fucking alien.
>>
>>85705896
What an absolute cop-out of a response. Somebody pointed out how this shit ain't random and how it all fits together and your only defense is to just blow it off?

>"waaaaaahhhhh!! It's a mess! Nothing makes sense! It's all just random sperhlord gibberish!
>"No it's not and here's how it fits."
>"Who gives a shit?"
>Rinse. And fucking. Repeat.

What a fucking pussy. Sorry, but nobody here is handing out participation trophies, faggot. Christ, you're such a waste of a human being.
>>
>>85704975
Ding ding ding
RLM will be seen as part of the decline of civilization. The birth of a Nation of brainlets who know nothing but believe they know everything. I hope these fucks get hit by a bus.
>>
>>85709932

Pretty much. RLM are full of shit at this point and bleeding fans left and right.

BvS is still garbage though.
>>
File: IMG_0141.jpg (40KB, 635x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0141.jpg
40KB, 635x357px
>>85710770
It's not equating him to them, moron. It's showing us how the *people* see him as a god.

Is this picture equating Lex to a haloed saint?
>>
>>85711530
So I guess by "god" you mean pantheon. Rather than omniscient/omnipotent.

Which makes the Epicurus even more embarrassing.
>>
>>85701682
Being too smart for RLM doesn't exactly mean it's a smart movie.
>>
>>85713082
The problem is the movie fails to give sufficient reason for the audience to understand why characters see superman as a god. The movie just says they do and that's it. Nothing further.
>>
>>85713259
>The problem is the movie fails to give sufficient reason for the audience to understand why characters see superman as a god.
The media montage did the trick for me.
>>
>>85713031
>Ding ding ding
Please don't do that.
>>
>>85705488
If you have a problem with there being Jesus parallels in Superman, then you simply don't like Superman. That is an inherent part of his character and origin from 1938. Snyder has every right to draw from that while also paying homage to Classical Greek, Buddhist and Hindu imagery.
>>
>>85713259
The audience is not a big collective of one. You can approach the film at multiple stages and appreciate it for what it is at those stages. If you don't want to absorb the symbolism, don't. If you want to remain on shallow waters, sit back and enjoy the beautiful visuals and superheroes teaming up to down a greater evil. It's superficially still a blockbuster. But there's also more to those that want to look.
>>
>>85713383
The point of the media montage was showing clark attempting to please everyone and failing because, ding ding ding, lex was manipulating the media! Oh that evil lex!
>>
>>85713423
You are correct. The movie has tons of references and callbacks to better works and meaningful subjects.

The problem, of course, is none of the references actually serve any sort of narrative.
>>
>>85705580
Holy shit are you pretending to be retarded?

That wasn't the VFX guy's home, that is the actual comic creators of Superman that they're paying tribute to.

And just because the whale-shaped hole is not intentional, doesn't mean the other allusions to Moby Dick aren't valid.
>>
>>85713505
I like when people respond without bothering to go down the reply chain a bit. see >>85707588
>>
>>85713433
>ding ding ding
Please don't do that.
>>
File: IMG_9217.png (3MB, 1600x1384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9217.png
3MB, 1600x1384px
>>85705733
The warm and nourishing light of the sun is painful for cretins who dwell in the dark.
>>
>>85713603
the point of allegory of the cave is people can't tell the difference between shadows on the wall and the light of day.
>>
>>85713483
>The problem, of course, is none of the references actually serve any sort of narrative.
I don't think this is true. See
>>85712325
>>
>>85713686
see >>85707588

You can force anything to reference anything you want. You're feeling an increased desire to do this in the case of BvS because of how little content was actually present in the film.

It's basically a mirror so you can look inside your own asshole.
>>
>>85711222
If you really think that, you should maybe try watching movies without your head up your ass.

Are you really this jaded, this tone-deaf and lacking in imagination? Let's say you looked out your window and saw a man just hanging there in the sky. How would you react to that? How would you react to watching a man walk unscathed through fire and wad up a metal door like a piece of paper? Just shrug it off, I suppose?

What if you even just heard stories about someone like that? Would you think it was just some dude or maybe something supernatural? What if you saw video of him? Would you just assume it was some sort of gimmick? Would you still assume that if a voice on your television interrupted all programs with a message about an alien living among us? Would you still just dismiss it?

People don't just shrug shit like this off. Cults and religions have got by on far less.
>>
>>85713793
That's not a refutation at all. It's like you're trying to say that the hunter scene with Alfred didn't happen.
>>
>>85713918
I'm saying you're using BvS as a catalyst to navel gaze. I made no claims in reference the particular navel gazing you're conducting in, as they're irrelevant.
>>
>>85713893
see >>85713176
>>
>>85713893
I'm not mexican so seeing someone do something moderately impressive won't make me fall to the ground and immediately being worshiping
>>
>>85713978
really made me think
>>
>>85713571
If you cannot get basic facts correct, why should anyone have faith in your analysis?

You can't remember what the hole actually was. Now you say all the Moby Dick references fall apart as a result, but a "whale shaped hole" was never the crucial unifying component, you simply believed it was, because you lack critical thinking skills. BvS is not a retelling of Moby Dick, but the light references bring to mind the themes of ego and obsession that exist in the films basic narrative.
>>
>>85714161
so you're agreeing that it's harder to find something BvS can't be argued as referencing than things it can.

As you're talking about themes present in literally every piece of fiction ever written.
>>
>>85713176
The point of the whole movie is that these definitions are inconsistent. That is a major motivation to Lex's character, th very reason for him to quote Epicurus.
>>
>>85713259
>The movie just says they do
Are you blind?
>>
>>85714251
and the problem with lex choosing to spout epicurus at an entity that is clearly not all powerful nor all good is the assertion was proven before he even began uttering it.

To where it seems the actual point was the script writer questioning why they're even calling this character superman at all.
>>
>>85713647
Kek try again
>>
>>85711471
Mainly because he knows how paranoid Bruce is and doesn't want to arouse Bruce's suspicions. In fact, he even invites Bruce to come check out his R&D lab, just to make it seem even more like he had nothing to hide.
>>
>>85714507
so literally everything was planned by lex

and his goals? why hes evil of course!

This version of lex is about as nuanced as the one who steals 40 cakes.
>>
>>85711794
Everyone's right are the same under law or the law is meaningless.
>>
inb4 someone posts a thesus just as the thread gets archived, while pats himself on the back, feeling as if he is successful in getting the last word
Thread posts: 376
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.