[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come when I was growing up I enjoyed shows with a predominately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: my_wife_and_kids.jpg (72KB, 331x250px) Image search: [Google]
my_wife_and_kids.jpg
72KB, 331x250px
How come when I was growing up I enjoyed shows with a predominately african american cast without thinking about the fact that it was a "black show," but now with stuff like Black Panther and Dear White People I can't stand it. Why is the current media so hell bent on considering these shows as a political and race empowering movement. Why can't they just be shows rewarded of their own merit?

And why weren't all the african american shows I grew up with a considered cornerstone in this progressive agenda? Didn't we all grow up watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air, My Wife and Kids, Smart Guy, The Bernie Mac Show, Everybody Hates Chris, That's So Raven, The PJ's, Cory in the House, Sister, Sister, Family Matters, What's Happening, and Different strokes?
>>
>Ooh wee I rememba when me and my aunt ckackapapi would chomp down on that sasafrasi we would chompachompchomp chew dat up real goodly
>>
It's always been like this, you just don't notice it when you're a kid and/or you are being blinded by nostalgia. Nothing has changed since the 80s.
>>
Back then black entertainment was made for black people. Now it's made for white liberals.
>>
>>85657984
The Cosby Show was made only for black people
>>
>>85657596
wrong
>>
>>85657984
>>
>>85657984
Gotta say this. You think any black people really watched dear white people?
>>
File: a81c2391ef16c9c3f0c542d09812c855.jpg (320KB, 1280x1933px) Image search: [Google]
a81c2391ef16c9c3f0c542d09812c855.jpg
320KB, 1280x1933px
>>85657300
I'd come home from school and jerk it to the daughter every other day.
>>
>>85657300
Most "blacks" on tv aren't blacks. In your pic, for example, the woman is at most 1/2 black and the guy is at most 3/4ths black.
>>
>>85658127
full blacks arent smart enough to be actors
>>
>>85658127
wtf is wrong with you /pol/tards?
>>
>>85658559
He only say they are mulattos you dumbtard
>>
>>85658801
No, its not that. Its the fact that he's raising such a meaningless and irrelevant point. What does them not being 100% pure African even matter, why is he even thinking about that. Whenever you go to /pol/, all you see is a bunch trivial threads made by white guys, talking about why do blacks do x, or why do black have y. Its so fucking weird. Yesterday I saw a thread on /pol/ making an inquiry about why is it you can always tell a person is black by their voice. My initial thought was who fucking cares, yet, when I entered the thread, there was actually serious conversation going on about the topic. The bizarre 24/7 obsession /pol/ has with blacks needs to stay over there.
>>
>>85657300
People started to widely question the wealth disparity in the US, so the media was used to turn the lower class against one another.
>>
>>85657300
What this guy said anon
>>85657984

Anyway you should check blackish, I think it's a decent show.
>>
File: not today kike.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
not today kike.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
>>85657300
You like shows about black people made by black people for black people.

And hate shows about black people made by jews for white people.
>>
You become jaded over time, also fell for the /pol/ meme. I also think children generally don't care about race. I used to watch kenan & kel all the time, now I usually dislike "diverse casting".
>>
>>85657300
Identity politics weren't shoved in them. They were just normal television shows, that just so happened to feature primarily black people. No "Fuck Whitey", no "Muh lives matters".
>>
>>85657300
>90s cast of kids
>various races and body shapes
>no one bats an eye lid

>2017 cast of kids
>various races and body shapes
>representation feels forced, unnatural and "safe"
>>
>>85658801
And they would still be considered black by every other race, including black people. It's also a pointless thing to bring up, seeing that American blacks all have significant white heritage in their family trees.

We fucking get it. You hate black people. Keep it in /pol/.
>>
I used to watch UPN.
>Girlfriends
>City Guys
>Wayans Bros
>One on One
OOO had a based theme song
>>
>>85659449

this
>>
>>85659449
Fresh Prince, Cosby Show and Diff'rent Strokes were all created by jews. That's just the ones I know offhand, I'm sure most of the other ones listed were too.
>>
The Bernie Mac show was the shit. I watched it as a young teen. My dad thought it was weird when he found me watching it though
>>
>>85657300
it's because you were a kid then and you didn't care about politics. that's the only reason.
>>
>>85659428
I sat through an episode and it was godawful. A literal 30 minute disneyland commercial. Never again.
>>
>>85657984
Anon speaks truth.,
>>
>>85661735
this.
>>
>>85657300
You became a racist. How hard is this to understand? If you weren't racist you wouldn't be here.
>>
blacks on tv became flanderised, and there isn't much to note of their characters except that they're black. blacks used to have their quirks and humor to offer the audience, now they're just forced in black people with an (arguably dull) uncle tom personality. their personalities used to take precedence, now the fact that they're black is the 'big thing' about their characters.
>>
>>85657300
black people these days are so fucking entitled. my wife and kids is ok because they're just a normal family and being black isn't really a big deal. for africans now it is everything. it's their magic crutch, if things don't go their way you're a racist.
>>
>>85665046
>flanderized
That's the word for it.

To add on your point, there's also a shit ton of spite when it comes to modern black shows. Instead of being "let's tell a story with black people", it has become "take THAT white people"
>>
Everybody Hates Chris was kino. I'm glad people still remember My Wife and Kids.
>>
>>85657300
https://twitter.com/BaezAngelG/status/891428668114960384
>>
I miss fresh prince desu
>>
>>85660101
>Identity politics weren't shoved in them. They were just normal television shows, that just so happened to feature primarily black people. No "Fuck Whitey", no "Muh lives matters".

The ideas behind BLM existed before BLM and all of the shows in the OP had episodes about racism, Fresh Prince and Everybody Hates Chris had a lot.
>>
>>85663028
>A literal 30 minute disneyland commercial.
So you watched the season three premiere and decided you hated it because they went to Disneyland in a Disney show.
>>
>>85657300

Reminds me of the other day when i was thinking about Red Dwarf. I don't think I really registered that two of the leads were black when I was a kid and it was never a plot point or cheap joke in the show. Now its all race this and race that. Its exhausting
>>
>>85657300
>Didn't we all grow up watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air, My Wife and Kids, Smart Guy, The Bernie Mac Show, Everybody Hates Chris, That's So Raven, The PJ's, Cory in the House, Sister, Sister, Family Matters, What's Happening, and Different strokes?
Speak for yourself nigger lover. I only watched Friends
>>
>>85669691
I used to watch a lot of Fresh Prince and while it did feature a few episodes of racism I can remember it was never seen as someone else's fault. I remember it being handled that it was a small section of the populace being racist or that it was based on another factor. It also had several episodes about how a lot of black families that get out of the projects do very little to help those areas and how those areas sort of look down on the ones that do.

It tried to show both sides fairly I think and tackle issues that were real.
>>
>>85657984
Little more complicated than that, but that is one of the factors. A big one is black women flexing more control over everything black. That's why all black shows are basically just a bunch of whining and all the black men are effeminate bitches
>>
>>85658120
>not to the mom
>>
>>85657300
you guys remember that this show was shit right? It had the stupid protagonist, stupid son, loud ass mother, "genius child", and another stupid daughter
I mean gratz on making a show that doesn't try to get by on race tropes but it's not like it wasn't overflowing with equally shit tropes
>>
>>85657300
Social climath changed. So some of the shows incorporate the demands of this new context. Others don't, but they end up interpreted by it anyway.
Black Panther won't be like Dear White People.
>>
I used to love Blackino.
>Fresh Prince
>My wife and kids
>The Bernie Mac show
Hell , we used to Watch Everybody Hates Chris together as a family and we were straight out of the burbs white folks
>>
>>85670724
youre missing cosby show and living color, hanging with mr cooper, living single and martin
>>
>>85657300
Unlike your original sitcoms they're deviating from the source material to meet a diversity quota.
>>
>>85657300
Because you were a child and you weren't aware that the existance of black people was a political issue.
>>
>>85657984
>>85657984
>>85657984
>>85657984
>>
>>85659154
Lmao this is a good post. The worst part is /tv/ is going the same route. I see a thread that's clearly race bait, made solely for people to jerk off about how much they don't like blacks. I assume the a few posts will be people calling out OP at least. And nope, the whole thread is face value conversation at obvious race bait. They don't even care.
I need to make a picture that says "THIS THREAD WAS MADE FOR GROUP-THINK AND JERKING OFF ABOUT HOW RIGHT WE ARE" and post it every time I see a thread like that. Or mods can maybe do their damn jobs.
>>
>>85658127
Which explains why they were civilized.
>>
>>85665298
You're projecting just a bit there bud.
But then again that's this whole thread.
>>
The reason is younger people cry about every fucking thing now. Whether they be /pol/ or SJW, every little thing triggers them. The next generation will probably be even bigger pussies
>>
>>85657300
>but now with stuff like Black Panther and Dear White People I can't stand it.

Black Panther isn't even out yet and you already can't get into it?! Maybe you grew up to be a little bitch is why
>>
The mom is Jerry Seinfeld's tier acting kek
>>
>>85659373
Six years running and this still has not been said nearly enough.
>>
>>85670303
>Friends
>Schwimmer
>Kudreau

Sure you didn't watch Seinfeld and Full House too, goy?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.