[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some movies where the writers have to asspull to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 6

like pic-related
>>
>>85654906
but he lost?
>>
>>85654906
Have you actually watched Death Note, or...?
>>
>>85654906
>Light
>protagonist

He and L were both villains respectively. The only "good" people were Light's father and his police crew.
>>
>>85654972
Yeah, L should have won
>>
>>85655371
He does win through Near and Mello, his proteges.
>>
I remember nothing after L died.
>>
the veddit invasion wasn't a joke. This shit is real. Stop being scared of /a/.
>>
>>85654906
Other way around. They had to asspull to make sure the protagonist loses.

>>85655003
L is about as much of a villain as Batman.
>>
>>85655715
I've posted threads like this on /a/ all the time, I just wanted to see who on this shithole actually thinks Death Note is good
>>
>>85655682
Because it went to shit after he died.
>>
>>85655715
if you make this thread on /a/ you get banned or warned
>>
File: passion-cover.jpg (579KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
passion-cover.jpg
579KB, 1425x1425px
>>85654906
>What are some movies where the writers have to asspull to make sure the protagonist win
>>
>>85654906
Dullest franchise had loads. I'd also consider the ending of Warrior (2011) an asspull
Akame ga kill, if we're including anime
>>
That whole woops I forget and I give my power away was a huge asspull

Not to mention a god literally intervening and killing L after he pretty much checkmated Kira
>>
>>85654906
what are some complete garbage series from the very first episode?
>>
>>85657864
I thought him getting his memories back was the highest point of kino in the entire series
>>
File: Near-Death-Note-11.jpg (647KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Near-Death-Note-11.jpg
647KB, 1920x1080px
first 12-15 episodes are kino, after that it starts falling down, still enjoyable.
Also Near is best boy
>>
>>85658442
Only because good guy Light was boring as all hell.
>>
>>85654906
They jumped the shark during the whole "lel I forfeit the note *wink* *wink*" shit. L and Light should have died, I thought the whole point was that they are equals
>>
>>85655606
Too bad they are shit characters that come out of nowhere, especially Near, he feels like a badly done L rip-off.
>>
>>85656388
kek'd and check'd
>>
>>85661729
I think it was pretty based when he threw all that money down the tower he wanted to escape from to cause a commotion.
>>
>>85660540
>Also Near is best boy
How can you say that when he is one of the main reasons why the second half is so much worse than the first one?
>>
>>85661729
Isn't that the point? That they are worse versions of L, and they only win when they (near and mello) stop being cunts and work together.
>>
>>85661974
No, they only win when Light's sidekick fucks up and does something on his own
>>
>>85655003
Protagonist is who the show is presented from the perspective of. The 'main' character. The antagonist is the character who opposes them. Light is the protagonist of Deathnote and you are a faggot for thinking otherwise.
>>
>>85661944
I like Near and Mello even though their relationship was rushed.
They needed more time to be fleshed out but I still like the concept of them being "in the making" versions of L that only win when they team up.
>>
>i dont know this information because i logically deduced it, but simply because the author knows and wants me to know: the show
>>
>>85662140
I don't know why they are called two halves of L.

Near is a 100% L clone only without any kind of charisma and different autistic traits.

Mello on the other hand feels like a completely new character because of his willingness to get his hands dirty and being so insecure but unfortunately does nothing except blow himself up and killed.
>>
>>85662193
wat
>>
>>85660764
The live action movie ends really well in my opinion. L writes his own name into the Deathnote with the maximum possible time to delay it. Light's plan proceeds as normal but L doesn't die because his name is already written. L kills himself to catch Light, everybody loses.
>>
>>85662059
Haven't seen DN in a long while but doesn't that happen cause Mello kidnaps Light's second bitch and then it's revealed he was working with Near and basically sacrificed himself.
>>
>>85662223
I call them that cause they are raised in the same place as L.
The way I see it, that place has the function of making L clones, so when one dies, a new one takes place.
That's why I think Near begin so similar to L makes sense.
Also, this is my interpretation, when they come into play in the story, they are not as as smart or experienced as L, they are half of him, so when they come together, then they reach the same level as L and get Light.
>>
>>85662227
not him but it's pretty straight forward post, brainlet
>>
>>85655003
learn what words mean, idiot.
>>
>>85662233
>The live action movie ends really well in my opinion. L writes his own name into the Deathnote with the maximum possible time to delay it. Light's plan proceeds as normal but L doesn't die because his name is already written. L kills himself to catch Light, everybody loses.
thats actually pretty neat
>>
>would have gotten away with everything if he had just ignored the FBI agents and kept writing names in his room
>>
you are in charge of writing the a new ending, what would you do?
>>
>>85654906
>Light's determines the entire daily schedule of not only L, but the entire police force, as well as his own without being aware of it for months, which all leads to him unknowing getting the DN back despite suffering amnesia at the time.
That was the most BS part of his plan. One random, spontaneous moment could have ruined Light's intricate plan, but that only happened at the end.
>>
>>85662853
Do the movie one, L catches Light by outsmarting him but dies in the process rather than Light getting caught by L's even more autistic roommate because of Light's sidekick screwing up.
>>
>>85662938
He told Rem that if Misa was still held captive years down the road, she could kill him. Basically, he knew it was a huge gamble.
>>
you mean antagonist right
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-03-14-15h36m55s80.png (1MB, 1920x1038px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-14-15h36m55s80.png
1MB, 1920x1038px
>>85654906
Highlander was pretty dopey. Macleod was getting his ass handed to them, kicked around, cut up, then as soon as his gf blocks one hit from the Kurgan while he's on the ground curled up in pain and then he suddenly gets up and completely spanks him.
>>
>>85662251
It happens because Near decided that Mikami was working with Kira based on zero evidence whatsoever. He then learns about the Death Note because on one single day Mikami did one thing slightly different from his schedule so that let Near get the Death Note. He then hand makes a perfect recreation of the book, including all of the handwriting, in a single night and uses that to prove Light was Kira.

It's fucking stupid as hell. L was going to out Light based on logic and evidence, Near figures it out through bullshit magic powers.
>>
>>85663260
>L was going to out Light based on logic and evidence
More like because of Misa leaving her hair all over the tapes she sent.
>>
>>85663581
Well yes, but that's still evidence. Near makes his conclusion about Mikami based on literally nothing.
>>
>write your own name in the book
>"anon dies peacefully in his sleep at age 400 surrounded by all of humanity whom he helped change human society for the better and he also was a multi trillionaire.
>>
>>85663606
Yeah, for all he knew any of his cop underlings, or even his sister could be the one doing the killings for Light.
>>
>>85663788
>if the cause of death is impossible the victim dies of a heart attack
>>
>>85663891
Ok well ill die in my sleep at age 400 of a heart attack, no biggie
>>
>>85663977
once your name is written in the death note, you can't survive for more than 23 days.
If you write "i will die at age 400" you will actuallly die in 40 seconds
>>
tfw when all new anime is just steaming hot MOEEEEEE? AGOO? INSEST TIME ONII CHAN? instead of the kino we see here. I wish there were more series like this where the protag is a good, but flawed man. Dang not even western shows can compete with this.
>>
>there are people who unironically think Light was a bad guy
>>
>>85665232
*tips fedora*
>>
>>85665232
That FBI team and Ray Penbar though.
>>
>>85665050
That's why Death Note doesn't fall to bakas.
>>
>>85665433
>Misa gets one

Anon...
>>
>>85665232
Light lost because he was stupidly arrogant. If he didn't give a fuck about L and just continued to kill people, he would have NEVER been found.

>have the ultimate killing instrument
>fuck everything up

He fucking deserved it.
>>
>>85665486
Just because Death Gods are waifufags
>>
>>85654906
Most movies. That's why the term, "plot armor" exists.
>>
>>85665232
He was a conceited asshole but he did nothing wrong except killing the people that tried to catch him and would have never done it anyway.
>>
>>85665746
>except killing the people that tried to catch him and would have never done it anyway.

>they wouldn't have caught him but he killed them anyway

What a hero.
>>
>>85665501
False. L knew that Kira was based in Japan had access to Police Files after the FBI was on em.
>>
>>85665333
As the sayings go, "You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet" and "The end justifies the means."

When you assert yourself as the one to write the rules of the new world, the old one must be undone. This is true time and time again throughout history. Light was on the fast track to making the world a better place, if even slightly. Also keep in mind, this doesn't mean the task forces sent to take Light down were bad guys, just another group trying to do their version of "justice."
>>
>>85665486
>Misa
>baka
Apologize
>>
>>85665880
her poop is smelly too.
>>
>>85665837
No, he only knew that Kira was in Japan because Light took the bait with the fake L.
>>
>>85665837
He knew Kira was in Japan because Light was so retarded and killed the fake L on TV which L only broadcast in Japan. He was retarded and fell right into the trap.
>>
He had serious suspicions that he was in Japan anyway.
It wouldn't have been too long for him to confirm that hypothesis another way.
For instance he could have made sure that informations about some criminals were only diffused on japanese television
>>
>>85665955
I've always thought that was a forgivable mistake since Light overestimated how unstoppable he was and underestimated L at the moment.

Changing his killing patterns immediately after hacking his dad's computer instead of waiting a few weeks, and needlessly killing the FBI agents were Light's true retarded mistakes.
>>
File: yellow girl.jpg (93KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
yellow girl.jpg
93KB, 704x396px
Do ultra obssesive, amoral girls exist? How do I get one to love me?
>>
>>85666086
Be a main character.
>>
>>85665501
>>85665746
Yeah, I agree he wasn't perfect, as no human is, but he had a sound goal in mind and set out to it.

By the way, L quickly deduced Kira was based in Japan by broadcast delays and put Light's name to him in no time. When you have a prime suspect, it's only a matter of time before you get the proof you need to put him away. (In other words, the moment Light got connected to Kira, L had to be put down)
>>
If Light killed people over the entire globe, he would he won.
>>
>>85666301
He did, but of course he started wanting to clean where he shits first and L only managed to confirm that he was in Japan because Light took his bait.

He was going to lose anyway because eventually his plot armor would become reverse plot armor like >>85663260 shows
>>
What if we switched positions.
Replace L with Light, who would win?
>>
>>85666086
they exist, don't stick your dick in crazy
>>
>>85666827
Obviously L what kind of dumb question is that?
>>
>>85666827
>replace light with a guy whose true identity could only be rumbled by magic hax

NWO
>>
Light is L without autism.
>>
>>85667006
People still liked L more.
>>
File: chips.jpg (46KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
chips.jpg
46KB, 704x396px
>>85667006
tfw too dumb to be light. Being a loser sucks
>>
>>85667228
Then how come no one except >>85660540 liked L with even more autism?
>>
>>85654906
Light is the protag
>>
Do you think Light would still do some fucked up shit even if he had never found the death note or would he have lived a normal life?
>>
>>85666827
You need to give more info.

Is Light now part of Watari's School for Gifted Youngsters while L is an autistic high school student? Or does billionaire super detective L find the death note while Light helps his dad catch him?

If it's the first one then I guess Light wins because L would start using the death note to kill his school bullies and if it's the second one L would never use the note.
>>
>>85667402
He would probably have become a politician with a stern outlook on crime
>>
>>85667402
He would have probably ended up like Mikami.
>>
>>85667228
Nope.
>>
>>85655371
Light should have won desu
>>
>>85667298
The way L sits on a chair or how he is chronically sleep deprived and eats sweets all day, is still iconic to this day.
Neal is just a replacement nothing more.
>>
>>85667811
He's also a fucking fatty, L was an athletic beast
>>
>>85667811
Near is the same thing except with a different way of sitting, plays with toys instead of eating sweets and plays with his hair.

It's just that he is just such an obvious rip-off that it makes people miss the original even more.
>>
>>85662233
It helps that that actor fucking NAILED L to a T, we're talking this guy was so great he legit got his own movie just to go be L some more because everyone loved him so much. Sure, he's not british/Japanese/Russian/Italian, but if someone dared me to find any other actor who could be that character, I'd come up blank. Even the TV show didn't come remotely close. Chinks even can do racebending better than us.

I bet they made L a black guy in the netflix out of pure shame.
>>
>>85654906
>L only lost because he's not only against Light, but Light's fanatical floozy with superpowers, holding another death note, who would literally give up her life to help him. Most of all, she had the active support of a Death God that did the dirty work for Light.
Fuck Misa and fuck Rem. It was L's victory, but there's no way he could have prepared for a fucking god going against him, especially a god that was willing to die for that dumb, dye-colored wacko.
>>
>>85655003
dumb and a fag
>>
>>85662233
Actually sounds cool
>>
>>85668063
L would have died too if Misa hadn't forgotten his name.
>>
>>85666301
He could have gotten arrested if he didn't have the book and that shit wouldn't hold up in any court of law.
>>
>>85665232
What he did wrong was being too much of an idiot to understand how to really change the world.
Should have killed a couple of bankers and senators and make them leave a few notes, just to show what he could do and give directions, and he would have the world elite on the palm of his hand.
>>
>>85668042
>british/Japanese/Russian/Italian
L always looked more Japanese to me than Light did
>>
>>85667402
Obviously not, these other (you)s didn't pay attention to the plot. It's actually one of the lowkey lessons of the show.

When Light wipes his memory in the jail cell, his eyes go back to normal and he becomes the quintessential good guy. He even developed new morals such as refusing to deceive his girlfriend and preventing collateral deaths at the expense of evidence against Kira.

This shows that the power of the death note corrupted Kira, who was by all accounts the ideal student. If you go back to the first episodes you can see Light's transformation into Kira take place. As foreshadowed by Light's father and L at the hospital, the kind of power that the Death Note is actually a curse to it's owner. The Death Note corrupted an innocent Light into a cold-blooded mainaic.
>>
>>85668193
He also ended wars so he was clearly killing more people than just criminals.
>>
>>85668297
I don't remenber that, but I don't really remenber much of it.
>>
>im going to kill murderers and rapists

Okay fine

>also im going to kill law enforcement, thefts, people who litter, people who dont work, people who insult me

He went to far
>>
>>85668400
He just says in the last episode that there aren't any more wars in the world thanks to him, but he is never shown killing anyone other than criminals and people that get in his way.
>>
>>85668770
They had to be punished, otherwise he couldn't of remade the world.
>>
Let's say Light lived in Gotham, how long does it take batman to find him?
>>
>>85668770
>people who litter, people who dont work
He doesn't do that, that was all Mikami.
>>
>>85669211
Light would kill him.
It's not hard to come to the conclusion Bruce Wayne might be batman.
>>
>>85669401
You underestimate Batman's plot armor.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.